SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Or Wonder Guard. Grass/Dark is tied for the most type weaknesses of any type combo, how bad could it be? ;) It's not like it has a way to change its type or anything.
Heh, I know you're memeing, but I really don't see Wonder Guard to be given to anyone.

The entire reason Shedinja can have it is because a single hit kills it, and even there they went a long way to make copying the ability on a different pokemon extremely complicate if not basically impossible in normal scenarios. Giving it to any pokemon that *can* actually take a hit or two would just be asking to have balance problems.

tbh i kinda like all 3 starter evos (tho Quaquaval i like the least since we don't really have a good visual yet). Skeledirge is my personal favorite, and its not really quite what I expected it to be, when I heard "Singer Crocodile".

My one concern(worry more like) is the stats. I feel like Skeledirge will be the slow, bulky one, and idk how good that sounds with that typing and with how many Fire/Ghosts exist already. looks like base 65 speed MAX to me. The other two i feel like might have more potential bc of their design inspirations, dancer and thief/magician, they might be the fast and strong and fragile kind.

Abilities are another weird one that could make or break, bc we know(iirc) that none of them have NEW abilities.

tbh i kinda like all 3 starter evos (tho Quaquaval i like the least since we don't really have a good visual yet). Skeledirge is my personal favorite, and its not really quite what I expected it to be, when I heard "Singer Crocodile".

My one concern(worry more like) is the stats. I feel like Skeledirge will be the slow, bulky one, and idk how good that sounds with that typing and with how many Fire/Ghosts exist already. looks like base 65 speed MAX to me. The other two i feel like might have more potential bc of their design inspirations, dancer and thief/magician, they might be the fast and strong and fragile kind.

Abilities are another weird one that could make or break, bc we know(iirc) that none of them have NEW abilities.
Are we sure they have no new abilities? Old leak said meowscarada has an op competitive HA.

As for stats, i agree skeledirge a slow heavy hitter, and meowscarada i can see being a fast special attacker.

Heh, I know you're memeing, but I really don't see Wonder Guard to be given to anyone.

The entire reason Shedinja can have it is because a single hit kills it, and even there they went a long way to make copying the ability on a different pokemon extremely complicate if not basically impossible in normal scenarios. Giving it to any pokemon that *can* actually take a hit or two would just be asking to have balance problems.
Yup. TBH, while the various bugs Nincada has (lol) are good enough cause, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of weird exceptions that have to be made for Wonder Guard is another reason why it's not in this region's dex.

Are we sure they have no new abilities? Old leak said meowscarada has an op competitive HA.
I believe said ability was explicitly said to be an existing one.

Closest gen so far regarding my favorite Starter, and second time in a row Fire one wins. Grass one this time looks really good too (they never looked bad, but Thwackey phase really made Grookey lose to Scorbunny) and its closer to Fuecoco than Grookey is to Scorbunny. Can,t really jugde Water starter yet, but it does look horrible for now.

Regarding all Gens, Grass starters still take the lead with 6 for me, compared to 2 Fire and one lone Mudkip.

From my understanding, the fixed 1HP and splitting off on evolution produce more edge cases than Wonder Guard does.
The latter is mostly what I mean. We've had at least two cases this gen I can think of where Pokemon Home's hack checks just straight up would not play ball with Nincada. No way they were gonna deal with that again so soon.

There's every possibility Meowscarada got the Chandelure Shadow Tag treatment aswell, of course. Khu confirmed that Gimmighoul's signature move has been nerfed since he originally teased it.

At this point, I just want to know if we have a dex #0.

It only happened with Victini but still.

Sprig's HA can't be that hard to figure out.

We know it's an existing one. What's "OP" and can be reasonably given to it?
Just because Kaka said the ability isn't new, doesn't mean it couldn't get a new name. While Magic Bounce makes sense, so would Magical Mask for a Protean clone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)