SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Maybe the abilities are just visually similar to Sun and Electric Terrain but the effects are different.

Paradox Hydreigon being a Flying type that wouldn't gain anything from regular Electric Terrain could point towards that.

Seems unlikely to me for the terrain one since, well, Terrain Extender already exists. Why not just make that work with the new terrain? Unless they work as extender/weather rocks and additionally provide STAB boosts like Soul Dew/Orbs.
They probably don't want every pokemon that gets stronger drought and stronger surge to have the ability to extend it as a way to futureproof it for when the inevitable happens and solrock hits OU because of its new busted hidden ability,but i guess you are right.They only balance with doubles in mind for the most part and nerfing the potential duration there wont do anything because any battle with a team that abuses this in doubles will end in 2 turns.

My head canon is that Protosynthesis and Quark Drive are Chlorophyll and Surge Surfer but like Beast Boost instead. So if your highest stat is Atk, your attack is doubled, but if your SpD is your highest stat, your SpD is doubled.
Doubling would be insane. Although then again the massive drawback is having to have that specific terrain/weather on the field from the cover legends.

otherwise torkoal and pincurchin are about to be uber

Doubling would be insane. Although then again the massive drawback is having to have that specific terrain/weather on the field from the cover legends.

otherwise torkoal and pincurchin are about to be uber
Well depends for each Pokemon since it would need to be max and I would assume you need the Box Art Legendaries for it. It could also only do the Beast Boost mechanic thing under Koraidon's and Miraidon's field effects while regular sun/electric terrain just double speed. We'll have to see and it's probably not what I described.

Maybe the abilities are just visually similar to Sun and Electric Terrain but the effects are different.

Paradox Hydreigon being a Flying type that wouldn't gain anything from regular Electric Terrain could point towards that.
We keep assuming the ancient ones are buffed by weather and the future ones by terrain, but do we *know* that's the case? If, say, Orichalcum Pulse sets a terrain and Halogen Engine changes the weather, the types are fine.

Seems unlikely, but you never know.

Personally I'm more expecting that the abilities arent "actually" Drought and Electric terrains, rather one sets a Weather and one sets a Terrain, but their effects aren't "boost fire moves" and "boost electric moves" but something unrelated at all.
I refer back to the exact things Khu has said. He described their effects as electric terrain and drought. He didn’t say anything else, which implies that is simply what they are. As well, you need to remember, Khu specifically lamented that none of the past paradoxes were fire type, because they do not get the sun boost.

I think it is, from what we know, most likely that Koraidon and Miraidon simply have clones of those abilities, and the paradox are buffed in any setting of them. I personally don’t see how this is weird.

We keep assuming the ancient ones are buffed by weather and the future ones by terrain, but do we *know* that's the case? If, say, Orichalcum Pulse sets a terrain and Halogen Engine changes the weather, the types are fine.

Seems unlikely, but you never know.
I don't think we know for sure yet but the ability of the past Paradox Pokémon being called "Protosynthesis" does kinda imply the Sun. But could also be that I'm reading too much into this.

I refer back to the exact things Khu has said. He described their effects as electric terrain and drought. He didn’t say anything else, which implies that is simply what they are. As well, you need to remember, Khu specifically lamented that none of the past paradoxes were fire type, because they do not get the sun boost.

I think it is, from what we know, most likely that Koraidon and Miraidon simply have clones of those abilities, and the paradox are buffed in any setting of them. I personally don’t see how this is weird.
IIRC Khu has specifically said the abilities are garbage without support from the box legends, which suggests there's *something* we don't know here.

IIRC Khu has specifically said the abilities are garbage without support from the box legends, which suggests there's *something* we don't know here.
This is true, and I’m not sure how to interpret this beyond saying he’s exaggerating and they are effected by normal sun and electric terrain. Could be something different, but I’m 99% sure that at least Koraidon and Miraidon do set sun and electric terrain, even if there’s something different in there.

Interesting Reddit speculation that pretty much sums up what many have thought regarding the nature of the Paradoxes.

Haven't read back up in the thread so sorry if this has been discussed already.View attachment 463698
Speaking of Slither Wing, I noticed it’s stat distribution is actually similar to Larvesta’s.
If you took Slither Wing’s BST over Larvesta’s, then multiply Larvesta’s stats, you’d get;
HP: 570/360*55 = 87
Atk: 570/360*85 = 134
Def: 87
SpA: 570/360*50 = 79
SpD: 87
Spe: 95
Slither Wing has;
HP: 85 (-2)
Atk: 135 (+5)
Def: 79 (-8)
SpA: 85 (+6)
SpD: 105 (+18)
Spe: 81 (-14)
I think this is neat as Slither Wing looks like Larvesta could connect the evolutionary chain from Slither Wing becoming Volcarona.

Interesting Reddit speculation that pretty much sums up what many have thought regarding the nature of the Paradoxes.

Haven't read back up in the thread so sorry if this has been discussed already.View attachment 463698
Supporting this, Past!(?!)Amoonguss still has red-and-white Pokeball decals. While Pokeballs exist in Pokemon: Legends Arceus and resemble the Amoonguss balls just enough, part of me has doubts that Volo's time (implied to be noticeably more ancient) had Pokeballs.

Btw, i find it funny that the games about past and future have no fossil pokemon.

Also, i wish a past fossil pokemon got a future version, like mecha kabutops or something

I'm just waiting for the chaos that will occur when the new concept of imagined timelines and the already existing parallel timelines overlap.
"This can't exist because [history]"
"What are you talking about? [history] never happened where I'm from!"
I mean, technically doesnt XY and ORAS exist in their own timelines? One with mega evolutions and the rest without? Plus ultra beasts are from another dimention, and the ultra sun and moon games are an alternate timeline from sun and moon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)