SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

España's given us:

- 107 new mons (i think it was 107, a pretty decent number)
- Lechonk
- Finally, a Dolphin
- Finally, a peper fire grass mon
- Finally, an electric fighting
- Finally, a Dunsparce evo.
- Finally, a Bug Dark type.

this land always provides.
Update on this. Also, good morning you all. Finally fell asleep at 7:00 am, couldn't resist the leak show anymore ;__;

Just got back home to write about the new signature moves, and while Skele and Quax like the new moves, Meowscarada has a good chance of being broken Day 1.

To put it bluntly, if this weed cat gets Swords Dance, then these calcs become commonplace (Abomasnow is used because lazy, but Wood Hammer is set to 70 and crits):

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Landorus-Therian on a critical hit: 250-294 (65.4 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar on a critical hit: 367-432 (90.8 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

And even if it isn't in-game:
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex on a critical hit: 212-251 (69.7 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Let that sink in, even with the absence of Protean, the signature move it gets will absolutely murder the tier it is placed in. I will not be surprised if this move alone will get Weed Cat banned if it gets even a handful more of tools.

Maybe that's why Skeledirge gets Unaware.

Just got back home to write about the new signature moves, and while Skele and Quax like the new moves, Meowscarada has a good chance of being broken Day 1.

To put it bluntly, if this weed cat gets Swords Dance, then these calcs become commonplace (Abomasnow is used because lazy, but Wood Hammer is set to 70 and crits):

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Landorus-Therian on a critical hit: 250-294 (65.4 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar on a critical hit: 367-432 (90.8 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex on a critical hit: 212-251 (69.7 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Let that sink in, even with the absence of Protean, the signature move it gets will absolutely murder the tier it is placed in. I will not be surprised if this move alone will get Weed Cat banned if it gets even a handful more of tools.

Toxapex is in SV, we saw it in one of the official trailers.

No longer are starter HAs locked behind giveaways and such. Whether or not it's in game will depend on the availability of the Ability Patch.

This is not completely unexpected, but from looking at this summary screen, it seems like Paradox Pokémon are genderless. This may suggest that they are not breedable, which makes sense. But I hope you can catch multiple to trade or there are other ways to obtain the ones not in your version.
Someone posted this earlier but to answer your question
You do indeed catch a 2nd Box Legendary presumably for trade fodder
1668086907940.png

I think Flower Trick is going to be really good, but keep in mind that it's still just a 105 BP Grass move. Is it strong? Definitely--but Grass isn't the best offensive type, and 105 BP isn't too unusual as far as base power goes. I haven't calced it, but Kartana probably hits harder with Leaf Blade.

Of course, if it gets decent coverage and SD, Protean will probably break it anyway.

I think Flower Trick is going to be really good, but keep in mind that it's still just a 105 BP Grass move. Is it strong? Definitely--but Grass isn't the best offensive type, and 105 BP isn't too unusual as far as base power goes. I haven't calced it, but Kartana probably hits harder with Leaf Blade.

Of course, if it gets decent coverage and SD, Protean will probably break it anyway.
More important than being 105 BP is effectively ignoring intimidate and enemy def buffs

Do we think quark drive and protosynthesis will work with regular old electric terrain and drought respectively? If so, thats big for the viability of paradox mons below ubers since Torkoal and Pinchurchin have been confirmed to be returning. Pinchurchin is no Tapu Koko but at least its an enabler, provided that electric surge triggers quark drive and its not just hadron engine.

Do we think quark drive and protosynthesis will work with regular old electric terrain and drought respectively? If so, thats big for the viability of paradox mons below ubers since Torkoal and Pinchurchin have been confirmed to be returning. Pinchurchin is no Tapu Koko but at least its an enabler, provided that electric surge triggers quark drive and its not just hadron engine.
Koraidon and Miraidon's weather/terrain is just standard weather; the attack boosting component is conferred directly by the ability, conditional on said weather staying up.

Assuming Critical Hit chance is the same and Leaf Blade has the same crit chance.
(1/8)*135 + (7/8)*90 = 16.875 + 78.75 = 95.625
Meowscada’s signature move is way stronger factoring in move alone.
It honestly doesn’t need its signature move to be broken (it has Protean after all and compare its stats to Greninja’s. Besides the lower offense it’s literally better and also benefits from Spore Immunity and Prankster immunity on switch ins too), and I honestly prefer these Crit/Always hit moves since it lowers the luck elememt to just.
Honestly if Wicked Blow was a little bit weaker or had a drawback similar to Close Combat, everyone would love that move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)