SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Just theorycrafting, I have high hopes for a set on Iron Jugulis that utilizes quark drive and nasty plot like how Timid Kart uses beast boost with swords dance. No clefable or fini until at least the first wave of DLC, so things are looking up for hydreigon and his new form in gen 9

Someone feeling brave and willing enough to make a tier list on the new mons by hotness?
Very hot: Skeledirge, Armarouge, Ceruledge, Scovillian, Tauros-Paldea-Fire, Iron Moth
Somewhat Hot: Koraidon, Fuecoco, Crocolar, Charcadet, Daschbun, Capsakid, Revavroom, Slither Wing
Middling Hotness: everything else
Somewhat Cold: Quaxly, Quaxwell, Quaquaval, Finizen, Veluza, Tatsugiri, Dodonzo, Wiglett, Wugtrio, Tauros-Paldea-Water
Very Cold: Cetoddle, Cetitan, Arbolovia, Arctibax, Baxcalibur, Iron Bundle

Wasn't too demanding :P.

My one big complaint with this Gen is someone of the typing choices are so weird.

3 Grass/Dark types? And all 3 are significant too.
2 Water/Fighting types? They easily could have made Tauros a fast Ice/Fighting type which would be unique and there are a lot of Water types and little Ice types this gen
2 Dark/Flying types
Yet another Fairy/Psychic

Just seems weird. But anyway, back to positivity with my next post!

On that image with Gallade's new ability, it also shows that it knows the new Aqua Cutter as well as Sacred Sword.
Gallade's gonna actually be somewhat nasty then, if Sharp is the same boost as Strong Jaw/Mega Launcher (1.5x) Gallade can two shot Corviknight:

252+ Atk Choice Band Sharp Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 262-310 (65.5 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Even if it's as low as Iron Fist (1.2x) it can still do it, though less reliably:

252+ Atk Choice Band Sharp Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 211-249 (52.7 - 62.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Some other thoughts:

Yay to Snowstorm. I welcome any buff to Ice types

I'm so mixed on Recovery being nerfed. I love me some Stall, but also recognize how annoying spamming Recover is.

They better buff Sand Compaction to be immune now like Fidough's ability

I hope a lot of Ice types get Chilling Water to help counter Fire types (and Rock). I feel it is only fair as Fire types get Solar Beam, Water types get Ice Beam, etc.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Some other thoughts:

Yay to Snowstorm. I welcome any buff to Ice types

I'm so mixed on Recovery being nerfed. I love me some Stall, but also recognize how annoying spamming Recover is.

They better buff Sand Compaction to be immune now like Fidough's ability

I hope a lot of Ice types get Chilling Water to help counter Fire types (and Rock). I feel it is only fair as Fire types get Solar Beam, Water types get Ice Beam, etc.
I agree, I kind of like stall but usually never use it and prefer balanced and HO, but now even balanced teams will be affected to an extent and that's why I was saying this is probably the biggest change to Competitive Pokémon since team preview.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Gallade's gonna actually be somewhat nasty then, if Sharp is the same boost as Strong Jaw/Mega Launcher (1.5x) Gallade can two shot Corviknight:
252+ Atk Choice Band Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 235-277 (58.7 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

gallade can already 2hko corv. Not sure how much relevant coverage this ability will actually boost. Turning Sacred Sword into an approximately 0-downside CC is cool but beyond that it'll probably just be relevant for Night Slash pre-home?

I agree, I kind of like stall but usually never use it and prefer balanced and HO, but now even balanced teams will be affected to an extent and that's why I was saying this is probably the biggest change to Competitive Pokémon since team preview.
Tbh I'm trying to think how much this would actually affect VGC/BSS since these are the formats they usually balance around (6v6 is more or less non accounted for).

I know timer stalling was a thing in BSS, and likely why the recovery move nerf is a thing as well.

I am however trying to think which pokemon even use these moves in actual VGC and the only one that really comes to mind is Porygon2

Seems like gamefreak is always making steps to try to force smogon to adopt a more offensive metagame. The wall powercreep simply can’t keep up with the power powercreep lol and now they are nerfing walls further. Not to mention the timer of course.

I wonder if OU will adapt or stay its course? Probably the latter and that means a lot of bans.

252+ Atk Choice Band Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 235-277 (58.7 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

gallade can already 2hko corv. Not sure how much relevant coverage this ability will actually boost. Turning Sacred Sword into an approximately 0-downside CC is cool but beyond that it'll probably just be relevant for Night Slash pre-home?
Gallade already gets Knock Off through breeding. Its mostly good for Psycho Cut since its physical Psychic STAB options were bad (and still could be depending on the power boost).

I can't wait for the list of moves and abilities and stats to he released.

I also wonder if the Rock Salt mon has potential as a wall or something. It has Recovery and I believe it's ability was pretty powerful or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)