SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Suicune will still be Water type, as they generally keep one of their original types and then they all will be dual typed. It won't be elemental, maybe something like Ice or even Fairy? Dragon? idk

On the contrary, I want Brazil to subsume Portugal's existence entirely
This is actually happening right now.
Lots of portuguese people are whining their children are speaking "brazillian" because of the big influence they suffer from brazillian singers, youtubers, tv shows and influencers in general.

But this is not topic for this thread.
Let's just talk about the leaked pokemons, and i'll use Quaquaval for the YASSS KWEN reasons.

There needs to be a balance of offense and defense tools. If there is a lopsided scale with too much offense and not enough defensive tools to handle it you get a poor metagame.
Yknow something funny happening right now is OU talking again about how some of them despise stall (can't blame them, I would too if i played 6v6 singles), and I'm sitting here with knowledge if the incoming stall nerfs and am like

:psysly: They don't know

Even though I don't play it, I still follow it out of curiosity, and am honestly curious to see how singles will end up developing with stall being significantly hurt by this. Moreso in singles where actually using recovery moves is reliable and they're effectively 3 PP against any kind of Pressure user.

Yknow something funny happening right now is OU talking again about how some of them despise stall (can't blame them, I would too if i played 6v6 singles), and I'm sitting here with knowledge if the incoming stall nerfs and am like

:psysly: They don't know

Even though I don't play it, I still follow it out of curiosity, and am honestly curious to see how singles will end up developing with stall being significantly hurt by this. Moreso in singles where actually using recovery moves is reliable and they're effectively 3 PP against any kind of Pressure user.
I don't think Pressure affects moves that are self-afflicting e.g. recovery moves, Swords Dance, etc.

recovery moves getting their pp slashed is pretty concerning to me, especially when this gen is already introducing so many new offensive tools (and has weavile lol). makes me feel like the meta is gonna be basically permanently slanted hard towards offense, unless like the top 30 offensive mons get banned. i suppose it could end up being pretty fun regardless at least, just have to wait and see how it turns out

If Ice-types get both their defenses boosted in Snowstorm, I'm hoping Aurora Veil is nerfed to slightly compensate for it since the two combined could be really busted.

I'm hoping that Snowstorm gives a 1.3x boost to both defenses and Aurora Veil is changed to be a 1.5x boost to both defenses since that would effectively make Ice-Types in Aurora Veil about as strong as they were before, while making them stronger outside of it.

I don't think Pressure affects moves that are self-afflicting e.g. recovery moves, Swords Dance, etc.
Pretty sure Pressure doesn't affect healing moves. Only moves that target the Pressure Pokemon and few exceptions like Imprison and Hazards.
Oh good point, I got baited by the fact certain field affecting moves are affected. :eeveehide:

Still, same point stands, with effectively only 8 PPs, the way defensive teams work will have to be significantly rethought.

If Ice-types get both their defenses boosted in Snowstorm, I'm hoping Aurora Veil is nerfed to slightly compensate for it since the two combined could be really busted.

I'm hoping that Snowstorm gives a 1.3x boost to both defenses and Aurora Veil is changed to be a 1.5x boost to both defenses since that would effectively make Ice-Types in Aurora Veil about as strong as they were before, while making them stronger outside of it.
I don’t think it will be busted- Ice types are terrible defensive, so this does not overpower them at all.

funny avalugg calc
252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg with an ally's Aurora Veil: 100-118 (25.3 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)