SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Personally, if pokemon spawn as much as they do in PLA then I'm ok with breeding being gone. Literally the only thing you can't change about a Pokémon at this point is its gender so it's not likblebwe need breeding to ba able to make battle ready Pokémon.
Oh screw that. Getting low level stuff of your liking, getting stuff with your OT... No need to remove stuff.

So ash greninja form is gone...
That's vp jumping to conclusions tho.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think I got everything of value from abilities, but if anyone wants me to specifically check something, I'll check it (and post a screenshot if its interesting). I will be testing stuff as well, just note Im super early in the game so it MIGHT take me a while to test anything interesting.

Also thank you a ton doipy hooves for posting the screenshots of stuff me and Kalalokki found on Discord, my phone sucks and reposting that all on here would have sucked harder lol.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I think I got everything of value from abilities, but if anyone wants me to specifically check something, I'll check it (and post a screenshot if its interesting). I will be testing stuff as well, just note Im super early in the game so it MIGHT take me a while to test anything interesting.

Also thank you a ton doipy hooves for posting the screenshots of stuff me and Kalalokki found on Discord, my phone sucks and reposting that all on here would have sucked harder lol.
Could you check other recharge moves (starter elementals, hyper, giga) to see if they've been changed in line with Megaton Hammer?

Assuming move descriptions are also a thing

Is Neuroforce there?

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is Neuroforce there?
Yes its there. Note that this isn't an indication of anything: it was in SS too. In both these games, when you searched abilities, it included EVERYTHING, even abilities not in the game.

When we searched moves (sadly no descriptions, just names), I saw almost every legendary sig I could think of, so Im not sure if that means anything too. We also saw pretty much every new PLA move mentioned.

Notably some classic tutors are now TMs, like the pledges, starter elemental moves, and even Draco Meteor. The list ends at 171 with Tera Blast.
Tailwind is back Pog

However, no Roost, Toxic or Knock Off.
I'd say "smogon in shambles" but well there's no mark clause here.
When we searched moves (sadly no descriptions, just names), I saw almost every legendary sig I could think of, so Im not sure if that means anything too. We also saw pretty much every new PLA move mentioned.
Regarding this... can you check the signature moves that in PLA had strange effects like omniboosts or Shelter?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hyper Beam clones, can u check if they operate like Gigaton

Theorymon

Is intimidate once per battle?
It sure didn't sound like it from the description!

Hyper Beam clones, can u check if they operate like Gigaton
When I find one, I'll let you know! Just remember, Im super early in the game, it might take a while for me to be able to answer good questions like this!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Sacred Sword Gallade is finally real. And the lord said amen.

Also ngl, I'm interpreting the new Battle Bond description as "Greninja doesn't actually transform anymore and the ability has been converted to Super Moxie as compensation." Fyi, the Gen 7 description was the following:

"Defeating an opposing Pokémon strengthens the Pokémon's bond with its Trainer, and it becomes Ash-Greninja. Water Shuriken gets more powerful."

The fact the specific mention of Ash-Greninja was removed is pretty damning. Things get even more interesting since there's recently been a lot of speculation about Ash finally being retired from the anime. This isn't necessarily a smoking gun (the Ash will leave cope has been going on for so long with zero results that I am incredibly skeptical of claims that it'll happen for real this time), but it certainly doesn't help his case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)