SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

So apparently, Snowscape is a separate move altogether, and Hail still exists in code, just culled. I wonder what this means for NatDex.
(honestly, in my opinion NatDex shouldn't bring back any moves, only Pokemon, since bringing back moves leads to all these messed up interactions)
Existing in the code and being culled is effectively the same thing as just straight up not exisiting / replaced entirely with snowscape

honestly, in my opinion NatDex shouldn't bring back any moves, only Pokemon, since bringing back moves leads to all these messed up interactions)
I mean, I assume they'll chalk it up like how fairy type replaced normal: irreversible change. otherwise it'll just become a pet mod (and it's already on thin ice imo)

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know the specifics of how the paradox abilities work? Is it a +1 boost anytime it switches in with the respective condition active? Limit once per game like intrepid sword nerf? Is booster energy consumed to give the boost?

Does anyone know the specifics of how the paradox abilities work? Is it a +1 boost anytime it switches in with the respective condition active? Limit once per game like intrepid sword nerf? Is booster energy consumed to give the boost?
Personally I just want to know if its an actual stat boost or a multiplier (x1.2, 1.3, 1.5,etc)

Personally I'm looking at Roborona's insanely high stats, under electric terrain with a specs and what can even survive esp with grass tera for the ground/waters lol..

Also do the paradox abilities update/boost *after* factoring in stat changed (items, sudden stat changes, etc) or is it flat which base number is highest without items factored?

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The paradox abilities give a boost of an uncertain amount (it's not a stage boost, but the game announces when it activates), and wears off when the respective field effect disappears. Booster Energy is a consumable.
Thank you!! If I can ask a follow up: since this is not a stage boost and Booster Energy is consumed, does the boost remain in effect for as long as the Pokémon is on the field?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Thank you!! If I can ask a follow up: since this is not a stage boost and Booster Energy is consumed, does the boost remain in effect for as long as the Pokémon is on the field?
Since I'm only basing this off what I saw on stream, I don't know the actual answer to this. My thinking is that it does, but I don't know whether or not it gets deactivated by the field effect disappearing.

The paradox abilities give a boost of an uncertain amount (it's not a stage boost, but the game announces when it activates), and wears off when the respective field effect disappears. Booster Energy is a consumable.
If it's a consumable item that means that paradox abilities are garbage. One time boost is p weak.

If it's a consumable item that means that paradox abilities are garbage. One time boost is p weak.
That's just to further incentivize you using them alongside the box legendaries. Or Torkoal. Or Groudon on the restricted format. Though I dunno if Future Paradox will really use Pincurchin. They don't even get a 2nd restricted option that has Surge

even with Hammer fairy's attack being low, i'm till gonna use her. Shes cute and has a massive hammer.

Here's a question: That booster held item probably is going to be used by most of the paradox pokemon if they aren't on the same team as the box legendary(that or if past are on sun teams or future is on electric terrain teams.) However, for a pokemon like Scream Tail... would leftovers probably be better? It seems to have some very solid bulk, and i think constant healing would be better then a 1 time item that would boost your... probably spec defnse up a bit?

Since I'm only basing this off what I saw on stream, I don't know the actual answer to this. My thinking is that it does, but I don't know whether or not it gets deactivated by the field effect disappearing.
Someone in this thread said it was a 50% boost from what they saw but it's hidden in the same way Ttar gets the boost from sand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)