SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Since Good as Gold gives immunity to all status moves, I believe Gholdengo is the first pokemon that nullifies both defog and rapid spin, is it not?
Yea unless you count Sableye Prankster Taunt, it's also the only pokemon now capable of blocking the new poison type rapid spin. I'm not sure however if it blocks the new Pseudo Legendary's DD+Hazard Wipe move as that doesn't seem to target the opponent.

Since Good as Gold gives immunity to all status moves, I believe Gholdengo is the first pokemon that nullifies both defog and rapid spin, is it not?
Yup. Honestly between that and the huge distribution of rocks and spikes, Ghold boy may become not of the most (if not THE most) important mon(s) in the pre HOME meta. Possibly.

Guess it means 罄 Qing of 罄竹难书 ,since the snail comes from wood tablets which used to record in ancient China,which matches that proverb of “Not able to record those guilts even ran out of tablets”
(Ting for the vessel 鼎which means power of the emperor,and Chi-Yuboth has meaning of flaming,jade and fish?)

Just for guesses,The next will be Light or Ruin
I'm not too sure about that- 罄 actually means "ran out"/"use up", nothing to do with the tablets at all, it's just part of the proverb to make it be coherent ._. Furthermore I mentioned already "chien" is the romanized version of the pinyin "jian", not "qing".

has anyone found the "false dragon titan yet?"
I searched for an hour in the giant lake and on the island and I still can't find it
There's a unique Tatsugiri that is on the edge of the Tatsugiri-Filled island, talk with it and instead of battling him it will trigger the "False Dragon" fight. I believe it's orange and it's text is far bigger than other Tatsugiris when you talk to it.

Glimmora's HA is Corrosion and Mortal Spin automatically poisons opposing Pokemon.

Obviously then you can't run the new Toxic Debris ability, but running Corrosion means it should always work even on Steels.
This Pokemon is looking more and more interresting. With RockPolish and its Spe Attack you could run something completely opposite to a hazard setter. It has a lot of versatility.

People asked me to check these moves, since we only have their names/descriptions:

Glaive Rush - Physical/Dragon/120BP/100% Acc/5PP
Foe deals double damage and can't miss the user next turn.

Triple Dive - Physical/Water/30BP/95% Acc/10PP
Hits 3 times.

And a quick look at this ability:

Supreme Overlord - Displays the message "(Users) gained strength from the fallen!" Does not give any visible stat boost, and I did not check for power changes.

Last edited:
Glimmora's HA is Corrosion, and Mortal Spin automatically poisons opposing Pokemon.

Obviously then you can't run the new Toxic Debris ability, but Corrosion means your spin should always work – even on Steels.
Salazzle cant poison steels with her sludge moves as they're immune to poison type moves. Mortal spin better be rock or else no, thats not going to happen outside of ring target shenanigans

Or you switch out next turn.
Judging by the description, I don't think you can switch out. It says foe deals damage damage and can't miss the user next turn, which suggests that you have to stay in the turn after you use this attack. This move is horrible unless you're guaranteed to KO the mon in front of you after 2 turns, or you're attacking a very passive wall.

Last edited:
Salazzle cant poison steels with her sludge moves as they're immune to poison type moves. Mortal spin better be rock or else no, thats not going to happen outside of ring target shenanigans
Or since we didn't see the stats of the attack maybe it doesn't inflict any damage to balance the fact that it inflicts poison status, which would make it work with Corrosion even if it is Poison Type.

Judging by the description, I don't think you can switch out. It says foe deals damage damage and can't miss the user next turn, which suggests that you have to stay in the turn after you use this attack. This move is horrible unless you're guaranteed to KO the mon in front of you, or you're attacking a very passive wall.
If you werent allowed to switch, it would be a Hyper Beam level move. Im sure switching is still an option.

This is straight from Bulbapedia's description of Corrosion:

Mortal Spin's description says it poisons the opposing Pokemon on hit, which should indicate it is a 100% chance to poison. Salazzle's sludge moves don't poison Steel types because they're not 100% chance, I'm guessing?
Huh. I need to find a way to try g max malodor on a corrosion mon to see if thats the case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)