SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

So occurs to me that it seems like all Vivillon in this game are Fancy Pattern, right?

I wonder if they changed how Vivillon breeding works (ie: the form carries down instead of it being set by region or in this case defaulting to Fancy) or if the only way to collect other patterns (barring stuff like event raids) is to...trade them up from Home.

How about regional ELECTRIC rodent?
That'd stop the whole "Maril and Mimikyu are the Pikachus' of Johto/Alola." thing that some people believe for some reason.
I think “Pikaclone” is fine; it’s fairly well-established parlance and people typically know what you mean when you say it (with Marill and Mimikyu being the only disputed candidates)

The only reason why some people question Pawmi’s status is because it evolves. But that doesn’t strike me as a reason to disqualify it any more than it would make sense to disqualify Emolga for breaking the “they must be mono-Electric” “rule.” Game Freak are just being more experimental with the concept after 20 years.

This may have been answered before, but can the paradox forms be bred or are they genderless?
I believe they have genders, but they’re all in the Undiscovered group so no breeding it seems.

How about regional ELECTRIC rodent?
That'd stop the whole "Maril and Mimikyu are the Pikachus' of Johto/Alola." thing that some people believe for some reason.
I think Pikaclone has become the norm for a lot of people so at this point there's no real need to change the concept. Every generation has an Electric-typed Pikaclone anyway (Johto has Pichu, Alola has Togedemaru) so nothing lost there, this is just the first generation where one evolves. But if you want to call it a regional Electric rodent then go for it! I think the only dead tradition is the regional rodent so that's fine.

I think “Pikaclone” is fine; it’s fairly well-established parlance and people typically know what you mean when you say it (with Marill and Mimikyu being the only disputed candidates)

The only reason why some people question Pawmi’s status is because it evolves. But that doesn’t strike me as a reason to disqualify it any more than it would make sense to disqualify Emolga for breaking the “they must be mono-Electric” “rule.” Game Freak are just being more experimental with the concept after 20 years.
I've never considered Marill a Pikaclone.

Mimikyu is a clone of Pikachu due to its intentionally-designed appearance, but does not fall into the Pikaclone category because it is not an electric rodent.

Thanks.

So for Pokemon with Quark Drive, you're supposed to use Booster Energy I take it. How much does it boost its most proficient stats though? 1x?

Lack of held item info is killing me.
Quark Drive uses Electric Terrain or Booster Energy
From last page or two it appears to be approximately equivalent to a +1/x1.5

Thanks.

So for Pokemon with Quark Drive, you're supposed to use Booster Energy I take it. How much does it boost its most proficient stats though? 1x?

Lack of held item info is killing me.
They're not gendered. My screenshots showing this are big spoilers
Screenshot_20221111_054343_com.huawei.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20221111_050716_com.huawei.browser.jpg
Quark Drive can be activated either by holding a Booster Energy or having Electric Terrain up. Protosynthesis is the same for Booster Energy or Sun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)