SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

"This is my OC Iron Jugulis, he's like Hydreigon but due to a tragic past and fighting a war he's now a Dark/Flying mon!!!!"

I like past mons better than future, but that's just me.

Huh, that's neat i had no idea of the concept of the Four Perils being the malevolent counterparts of the Four Guardians. That explains why i didn't get their design at all the more you know
I think the future mons are going to grow on everyone once they see them in motion, as a lot of their biggest sells in terms of design is not gonna be reflected in static screenshots, from their dot matrix face/eyes, to their textures, to their robotic movements.

Ancient mons we can imagine what that is like already through static image

"This is my OC Iron Jugulis, he's like Hydreigon but due to a tragic past and fighting a war he's now a Dark/Flying mon!!!!"

I like past mons better than future, but that's just me.
I also mean that quite literally, since the Dex mentions that the Future mons are ripped straight out of some science fiction/occult magazines. That's why they're paradoxes. Fictional beings that somehow exist.

I also mean that quite literally, since the Dex mentions that the Future mons are ripped straight out of some science fiction/occult magazines. That's why they're paradoxes. Fictional beings that somehow exist.
Also worth noting that it is according to the scarlet dex.

In violet, the dex will probably mention that the ancient mons are probably from some mythological fiction magazines.

Also, does anyone know what that pokealphabet on the pokedex says?

I think the future mons are going to grow on everyone once they see them in motion, as a lot of their biggest sells in terms of design is not gonna be reflected in static screenshots, from their dot matrix face/eyes, to their textures, to their robotic movements.

Ancient mons we can imagine what that is like already through static image
In my case it's just that i'm not really fond of futuristic designs but they'll hit the score worldwide, Iron Valiant probably being the most appealing one. Ancient mons i like because most are silly and come one, what's not to love about an angrier Donphan?

Damn, pokemon gave too much power to Devianart and now they've become real, imagine what kind of horrors humans can do in the future if that was further expanded

So random thought but could Frosmoth be a fair bit more viable now? Mixture of snow being more desirable than hail, powerful Stab blizzard, Aurora veil and the mix of def boost in snow plus ice scales.

Btw, I haven't seen this discussed a lot but protean/libero nerf means you have to change your type before you Sword Dance with Libero Cinderace lest you get stuck as a normal type. This kills a lot of the opportunies other setup sweeper would easily take.
EDIT: changed SD to Sword Dance for clarity.

Last edited:
Has anyone confirmed if you can use PP Up on Revival Blessing? In theory, it might give you an extra PP.
Does it have only 1 PP? If that's the case, it probably can't be PP Up'd (see: Sketch).
Then again, Sketch is a weird case because it's designed to be replaced.

Btw, I haven't seen this discussed a lot but protean/libero nerf means you have to change your type before you SD with Libero Cinderace lest you get stuck as a normal type. This kills a lot of the opportunies other setup sweeper would easily take.
Wait, you stay the type you Protean'd into even upon switch-out?

Does it have only 1 PP? If that's the case, it probably can't be PP Up'd (see: Sketch).
Then again, Sketch is a weird case because it's designed to be replaced.

Wait, you stay the type you Protean'd into even upon switch-out?
No, but you still need to throw a move first before Sword Dance, which can be a big deal.

EDIT: changed SD to Sword Dance for clarity.

Edited^2 EDIT: by the way this is the best any gen 9 Zacian set (barring tera) can do against Unaware Clodsire:
+1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clodsire: 196-232 (42.2 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
Behemoth blade isn't even a thing anymore, poor doggo (who am I kidding). I forgot Behemot blade wasn't its own move.
I apparently missed the fact that Zacian learns psychic fangs. good for the dog I guess.

Last edited:
No, but you still need to throw a move first before SDing, which can be a big deal.

EDIT: by the way this is the best any gen 9 Zacian set (barring tera) can do against Unaware Clodsire:
+1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clodsire: 196-232 (42.2 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
Behemoth blade isn't even a thing anymore, poor doggo (who am I kidding).
I'm confused. Why do you need to Protean before SD? Because SD doesn't get STAB?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)