SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

centro's 5 minutes of internet relevancy for the next 3 or so years is over anyways, nothing of real value was lost, they were just trying to stretch that timer out and trying to be quirky, thinking they were some kinda big boss of leaking or something. legit the only thing they had is a big following.

if they just stuck to compiling leaks instead of trying to be a personality on twitter, they'd be much better.

imagine asking for likes to post information that someone else found out/leaked.

If you mean Water or Dragon, there's lots of options. If you mean Water and Dragon, hope you like Sushi.
Tatsugiri gets Storm Drain as its HA, which supports Skeledirge more in Doubles. Don't know enough about playing VGC to tell how good Unaware looks for SV Dex, but just saying, it would've been better last Gen with Dynamax boosts to ignore.

For OU, Meowscarada is way more likely to be good than Skeledirge. Protein even after the nerf, being a fast physical attacker with U-Turn, and Entry Hazads looks too good.

If you don't mind doing multiple playthroughs on different Switch profiles, both. Going to be annoying to move from one save to the other before Home updates though.

Since you wrote about the multiple save files - doing one for me and one to get a 2nd Cover Legendary for my friend with the other version is possible?

Out of curiosity, are there any details about whether or not Ability Shield protects the Pokémon's ability from being suppressed by Neutralizing Gas and Gastro Acid? The description states that it blocks the Pokémon's ability from being changed but the context was a little too vague.

I know Koffing and Weezing aren't in the game but the fate of an OM format depends on this!

I've done a small parse over any entries in the encounter table that have a set "area" or "location" field, so this doesn't include encounters that seemingly are allowed to spawn in any area, but only if the biomes match.

https://pastebin.com/hhdpw1M7

There are still a few areas/locations that are unknown, which can be found by just doing a search for "Unknown". If anyone here has found any species that have an unknown area/location, please mention it.

Half the team is simple for me: I always use my Starter and the Regional Bird, with the bird traditionally being named "Bob" or "Barbra Anne". As for the third member, well after seeing that we are getting a Bread Dog I knew I had to use it and name it "Sanallite".

If you know then you'll understand.

As for the rest of the team... good question. I'll wing it.
Get the ghost dog and named it Patti-chan

Out of curiosity, are there any details about whether or not Ability Shield protects the Pokémon's ability from being suppressed by Neutralizing Gas and Gastro Acid? The description states that it blocks the Pokémon's ability from being changed but the context was a little too vague.

I know Koffing and Weezing aren't in the game but the fate of an OM format depends on this!
We won't know for sure without hacking when it comes to Neutralizing Gas.

Does something available learn Gastro Acid?

Wow, those are a LOT smaller than what I was expecting.

That, and that's a TON of Scream Tails.
A complaint I'm seeing on various forums is that some Pokemon are too small. Like not small because that's their canon size but almost always on the lowest size estimate and that they want PLA sized Pokemon (not alpha's btw). Some are complaining they can barely see them. Personally I would want all of mine to at least be on the average size estimate.

Now we wait to see Kartana eventually...or not see it. :D

A complaint I'm seeing on various forums is that some Pokemon are too small. Like not small because that's their canon size but almost always on the lowest size estimate and that they want PLA sized Pokemon (not alpha's btw). Some are complaining they can barely see them. Personally I would want all of mine to at least be on the average size estimate.
Heh, a funny thing is that the friend I ran through the game with definitely doesn't see well enough on his switch so kept running into the small pokemon in the wild.
I think i've heard him yell about "STOP RUNNING OVER THE RATS" a few times :psysly:

Heh, a funny thing is that the friend I ran through the game with definitely doesn't see well enough on his switch so kept running into the small pokemon in the wild.
I think i've heard him yell about "STOP RUNNING OVER THE RATS" a few times :psysly:
As far as all footage shows, small mons are damn near tripmines in this game.

I wanna see the Scaling crowd keep that energy now. :psysly:

A thought on the DLC Paradox Suicune and Virizion ... We've seen a drawing of the former. To me, it looks like it's equally based on all three legendary beasts, but named "Suicune" just because Suicune's head crest appears more prominently on the design than traits of Entei and Raikou. But those traits are definitely present as well. "Paradox Suicune" is more like a "Paradox Legendary Beast" than a Suicune in particular.

So I expect the same from Paradox Virizion. It will probably share traits of all the Swords of Justice, but there's something about it that made the initial leaker think more about Virizion than the other two. It is probably not intended to be a Virizion, just a similar amalgamation of all three (or four?) designs.

Likewise, we can clearly see that Iron Valiant is a mix of Gardevoir and Gallade, but with its fighting style more reminiscent of the latter. There's also a bit of Larvesta in Slither Wings, but not enough to create that same ambiguity. I think Volcarona was the intended design template for it still.

Now, a second thought on these two Paradox 'mons: Why do they have placeholders in the code at all? We expect them to be new Paradox 'mons for the DLC, but will they be the only new Paradox 'mons? One more 'mon for each version doesn't strike me as very exciting. But if they plan on introducing more Pokémon in the DLC, why is there only placeholder data for two?

Now, a second thought on these two Paradox 'mons: Why do they have placeholders in the code at all? We expect them to be new Paradox 'mons for the DLC, but will they be the only new Paradox 'mons? One more 'mon for each version doesn't strike me as very exciting. But if they plan on introducing more Pokémon in the DLC, why is there only placeholder data for two?
Realistically speaking, the reasoning may just be that they were originally planned to be a part of the base game (as well as maybe the third legendary), but it was opted later to be in one of the DLCs and they just left leftover data in the game since possibly the index were already referenced in other bits of the DLC code and they wanted to keep the continuity.

In a way, it'd be similar to why the Sword of Justice was in the "original 35" of SwSh and noone had any idea of why them specifically, until they were shown to be regularly catchable with their own dedicated plotline in Crown Tundra.

Who would be good teammates for Skeledirge if I were to use him competitively? How about Meowscarada teammates?
When it comes to OU...

Meowscarada can do fun things like threaten Dragapult out with Sucker Punch, set hazards, remove items with Knock Off, scare other Dark-types with Play Rough, dump on Grass-weaks, and U-turn like the dickens, so other mons that appreciate hazards (especially throwing in a Pult-weak partner) are likely good teammates. I'm kinda thinking that whoever appreciated Greninja (probably a lot of mons, especially since Toxic Spikes enables some stallier stuff with less coverage) is fairly likely to appreciate Meowscarada.

I'm less confident about my ability to find good teammates for Skeledirge. I ran some calcs lately that indicate that Gholdengo, who shares quite a lot of resists and immunities of 2-type combos with Skeledirge (e.g. Fairy + Fighting, Steel + Fighting, Bug + Fighting), can actually guaranteed OHKO the Fairies it's supposed to check (and at least one Fairy it's not supposed to check but somehow sometimes can) with Make It Rain even with a defensive set, while Skeledirge needs to either go offensive or use Overheat and Special Attack investment to do the same with Bugs (e.g. Slither Wing) and Steels (e.g. Magearna - Specs Magnezone gets barely guaranteed OHKOd by Fire Blast, Tinkaton cannot 2HKO). Admittedly, Will-o-Wisp is a pretty good way to cripple randoms, but Choice Band/sun/Booster Energy Slither Wing can 2HKO Skeledirge with Earthquake even when burned after the first attack(!!).

Considering that Skeledirge might be going offensive anyway, teammates that beat Darks, faster Ghosts, Grounds, Waters, and Rocks are appreciated. Ironically, Meowscarada actually makes a good teammate for Skeledirge. The fastest Ghosts and other faster/Sucker Punch Darks make decent partners, such as Dragapult, Flutter Mane, Chien-Pao, and Bisharp/Kingambit. Waters also make decent partners, such as Palafin and Quaquaval (the irony again). Lastly, Fairies such as Iron Valiant can also help with the Dark problem.

(As an aside, with Chien-Pao being this threatening right off the bat and Kingambit insurance being appreciated, Quaquaval seems more like a guy who fills holes and partners with others than someone to build around and find teammates for.)

Last edited:
I have already seen people refer to Digletts as land mines. :totodiLUL:

As far as all footage shows, small mons are damn near tripmines in this game.

I wanna see the Scaling crowd keep that energy now. :psysly:

I'm one of those people who was happy for scaling but from the complaints I have seen it's like Gamefreak scaled amost everything to the lowest of estimates. Like not just a small Pokemon being naturally small but the absolute smallest of that estimate. They're saying Let's Go did the scaling better.

Or it could be player error and everyone's secretly eating the small size sandwich or a ingredient that does that without them knowing.

A thought on the DLC Paradox Suicune and Virizion ... We've seen a drawing of the former. To me, it looks like it's equally based on all three legendary beasts, but named "Suicune" just because Suicune's head crest appears more prominently on the design than traits of Entei and Raikou. But those traits are definitely present as well. "Paradox Suicune" is more like a "Paradox Legendary Beast" than a Suicune in particular.

So I expect the same from Paradox Virizion. It will probably share traits of all the Swords of Justice, but there's something about it that made the initial leaker think more about Virizion than the other two. It is probably not intended to be a Virizion, just a similar amalgamation of all three (or four?) designs.
We've seen that image by the way, butit got buried either in this thread or the nuked story thread

It's what you say, share traits of all 3 (not Keldeo iirc, just the main trio), but it's Virizion for the same reason Suicune is the lead of the other: it's still clearly Virizon as the base, most noticeable on using its head.

And more blatantly their cries are still in the code and it uses Virizion's as the primary (Suicune uses...Suicune's). You'd think they would have some merged cry like Valiant does but, surprisingly, no.

Likewise, we can clearly see that Iron Valiant is a mix of Gardevoir and Gallade, but with its fighting style more reminiscent of the latter. There's also a bit of Larvesta in Slither Wings, but not enough to create that same ambiguity. I think Volcarona was the intended design template for it still.

We do have the sketch for that one too fwiw

new-pokémon-paradox-virizon-could-be-fake-v0-lwlwts6ujiz91.jpg

It is in fact a mix of the 3 Swords. Looks a bit more organic than other Violet paradoxes

Currently gonna go with calling them Raging Beast and Iron Justice

Had this same line of thought and couldn't help considering this referring to their potential typings: ie, a rock/steel "Virizion", and a fire/electric "Suicune".

Surely the duo won't get clapped by earthquakes alone though, right?

Realistically speaking, the reasoning may just be that they were originally planned to be a part of the base game (as well as maybe the third legendary), but it was opted later to be in one of the DLCs and they just left leftover data in the game since possibly the index were already referenced in other bits of the DLC code and they wanted to keep the continuity.

In a way, it'd be similar to why the Sword of Justice was in the "original 35" of SwSh and noone had any idea of why them specifically, until they were shown to be regularly catchable with their own dedicated plotline in Crown Tundra.
I think they were always meant as DLC, but I kind of wonder if instead they were in the code because they were meant to be a modeled cameo. So they probably still would have had a lot of placeholder stuff internally, but their model and cry called upon for stuff.
But then decided against it. Perhaps they thought the book tease was more intriguing

Has anyone actually been able to confirm that slowking can learn chilly reception? Probably as a relearnable move? This will be hugely influential on the metagame.

guess it’s hard to test right now since it’s a trade evo.

Back