Group C: Argentina and México
Group D: France and Australia
Group E: Germany and Spain
Group F: Belgium and Croatia
Group G: Brazil and Cameroon
Group H: Uruguay and Ghana

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Hi,
there is very little left, so here is my prediction:
Group A: Netherlands / Senegal.
Group B: England / USA.
Group C: Argentina / Poland.
Group D: France / Denmark.
Group E: Spain / Germany.
Group F: Belgium / Croatia.
Group G: Brazil / Serbia.
Group H: Portugal / Uruguay.

I have a lot of confidence in teams like the USA, Poland or Serbia. I think that anyone can surprise and be the revelation of the tournament.

On the other hand, I think that Spain will reach the quarterfinals and the disappointment of the tournament will be England or Belgium.
I foresee a France-Argentina match for 3rd/4th place and a Brazil-Germany final.
Very good predictions I like them, I do think England will disappoint personally, and France and Argentina for the Bronze seems quite possible. Your group predictions seem fair throughout, nothing I disagree with. Thanks for your post, looking forward to the group stages!
My predictions:
Group A: Ecuador and Senegal
Group B: England and USA
Group C: Argentina and México
Group D: France and Australia
Group E: Germany and Spain
Group F: Belgium and Croatia
Group G: Brazil and Cameroon
Group H: Uruguay and Ghana
Very bold predictions, Ecuador making it out over the Netherlands is quite a bold statement. I disagree with Cameroon making it out of the group, and I do think Portugal will get out of the group unless it's based on the Ronaldo drama (Man United) and carries on throughout the tour. Lack of better term, Portugal has to shit the bed.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
I wanted to see today's friendly Spain-Jordan to see sensations before the big day.

Honestly, they are not very positive. 1-3 With some doubts. Better the second part than the first. Our defense is the weakest area, without a doubt. Little forcefulness. To be fair, it could have ended 2-3. I understand that it is a kind of training, but I did not like it at all. They have played at 50% or less, fearful of possible injury. There are youngsters with charisma and goals like Gavi and Nico Williams who are not very positive.

Laporte as a winger? What kind of experiment is this? wtf.

I hope that next time they defend better, otherwise I would bet on Rodri as a defender, and he is not. What a critical situation! Yea, our center backs serve the ball well but it seems they don't know how to defend. Today a very bad Jordan has scored without doing absolutely nothing.

I'm sorry if I take this too seriously, the hype is sky high.

awyp

is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
I wanted to see today's friendly Spain-Jordan to see sensations before the big day.

Honestly, they are not very positive. 1-3 With some doubts. Better the second part than the first. Our defense is the weakest area, without a doubt. Little forcefulness. To be fair, it could have ended 2-3. I understand that it is a kind of training, but I did not like it at all. They have played at 50% or less, fearful of possible injury. There are youngsters with charisma and goals like Gavi and Nico Williams who are not very positive.

Laporte as a winger? What kind of experiment is this? wtf.

I hope that next time they defend better, otherwise I would bet on Rodri as a defender, and he is not. What a critical situation! Yea, our center backs serve the ball well but it seems they don't know how to defend. Today a very bad Jordan has scored without doing absolutely nothing.

I'm sorry if I take this too seriously, the hype is sky high.
Not going to lie Laporte as a winger is wild. There's nothing wrong with taking it too serious that's what it's all about!

I'm not going to lie I'm not high on Spain, but that's honestly because of the manager, I don't like his formation / style and the players that are not on the roster that should be. Sergio Ramos is not retired for the national team (to my knowledge) and the games he has played for PSG this season he's definitely worthy to be on the Spain roster for the World Cup.

Nasirr

Banned deucer.
thats a good list fs, but me personally would have pick the netherlands over senegal
the rest seems pretty fair imo

sup AndViet I said I'd post here

Group A: Netherlands, Ecuador, Senegal, Qatar
Group B: England, Wales, USA, Iran
Group C: Argentina, Mexico, Poland, Saudi Arabia
Group D: France, Denmark, Tunisia, Australia
Group E: Spain, Germany, Japan, Costa Rica
Group F: Belgium, Croatia, Canada, Morocco
Group G: Brazil, Switzerland, Serbia, Cameroon
Group H: Portugal, Uruguay, Ghana, South Korea

Only hot takes are Ecuador > Senegal (worse on paper but Senegal aren't used to being without Mane) and Canada > Morocco (extreme bias but feasible).
Hard decisions were Wales vs USA (both ass), France vs Denmark (I just don't have the balls to put Denmark 1st), Japan vs Costa Rica (Costa Rica unpredictable imo), Switzerland vs Serbia (biased towards Switzerland).

Argentina are winning the whole thing, France won't make semis, Ronaldo will score a pen Lialiabeast SIUUUU

Also, reminder that Prime Modric > Prime Ozil

Very bold predictions, Ecuador making it out over the Netherlands is quite a bold statement. I disagree with Cameroon making it out of the group, and I do think Portugal will get out of the group unless it's based on the Ronaldo drama (Man United) and carries on throughout the tour. Lack of better term, Portugal has to shit the bed.
Actually I made my prediction based in what I want to happens and not focus in what will happens :totodiLUL:

awyp

RMT Leader
sup AndViet I said I'd post here

Group A: Netherlands, Ecuador, Senegal, Qatar
Group B: England, Wales, USA, Iran
Group C: Argentina, Mexico, Poland, Saudi Arabia
Group D: France, Denmark, Tunisia, Australia
Group E: Spain, Germany, Japan, Costa Rica
Group F: Belgium, Croatia, Canada, Morocco
Group G: Brazil, Switzerland, Serbia, Cameroon
Group H: Portugal, Uruguay, Ghana, South Korea

Only hot takes are Ecuador > Senegal (worse on paper but Senegal aren't used to being without Mane) and Canada > Morocco (extreme bias but feasible).
Hard decisions were Wales vs USA (both ass), France vs Denmark (I just don't have the balls to put Denmark 1st), Japan vs Costa Rica (Costa Rica unpredictable imo), Switzerland vs Serbia (biased towards Switzerland).

Argentina are winning the whole thing, France won't make semis, Ronaldo will score a pen Lialiabeast SIUUUU

Also, reminder that Prime Modric > Prime Ozil
Great predictions and yes prime Modric > prime Ozil
Finals: Brazil vs Uruguay
Time for the payback muchachos (we don't forget 1950!). That would be nice a final between South America again. :pip:
I can see it happening but Uruguay will have to be playing amazing and have one of the best WC runs in recent times (shoutout to Forlan)

Mane is going to miss the tournament, smh trying to sabotage my good predictions!!

Also, reminder that prime Ozil > prime Modric 3MoreMinutes shut up
That's what happens when you leave Liverpool...

awyp

RMT Leader
Breaking news: Benzema suffers an injury and will miss the 2022 World Cup. Benzema just won the Ballon d'Or, after being in hiatus from the French National team from 2016-2021 for blackmailing allegations. This is definitely a blow for France's World Cup endeavors, and sad to see since Benzema was going to be a fantastic add to their offense.

awyp

RMT Leader

Very inspiring feeling opening ceremony for the World Cup featuring Morgan Freeman.

Qatar ended up losing 2-0 in the opening against Ecuador what is everyone's thoughts about the first game thus far?

Jeong

Banned deucer.
I don't know the level of Qatar, but I expected something more. The result could have been different, but four minutes into the game they annulled a valid goal.

Qatar never competed, although they tried to score at least one goal on the few chances they had.

the offside was correct, Qatar got spanked either way though.

1668984643299.png

This is when the offside happened. The yellow foot you can see under the Qatar keeper is offside, since it's past the keeper and there's only 1 Qatar defender ahead of it. The ball bounces off a different Ecuador player in this frame, and then the player with the offside foot is the next person to touch the ball. Extremely confusing call, especially since the replays sucked, but it was the right one.

awyp

RMT Leader
Ecuador scored more goals today than in its last five friendlies combined.

It's been over a year since Ecuador scored twice in one match.
Okay see this I did not know, and is wild as hell. But shoutout to Valancia great game today.
I don't know the level of Qatar, but I expected something more. The result could have been different, but four minutes into the game they annulled a valid goal.

Qatar never competed, although they tried to score at least one goal on the few chances they had.
I think Ecuador dominated the entire game, I feel from the few chance they had it just was never going to amount to a goal with their effort levels

:row: please not again
LOL
the offside was correct, Qatar got spanked either way though.

View attachment 467378

This is when the offside happened. The yellow foot you can see under the Qatar keeper is offside, since it's past the keeper and there's only 1 Qatar defender ahead of it. The ball bounces off a different Ecuador player in this frame, and then the player with the offside foot is the next person to touch the ball. Extremely confusing call, especially since the replays sucked, but it was the right one.
Yeah I do think it was offside, but even if it wasn't doesn't even change the result of the game other than Valencia potentially having a hatrick on the opening day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)