Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Since there's a Sleep Clause, why is there no Freeze Clause? Their effects are similar after all.
Sleep Clause is a clause that exists in the game in at least some form, and Freeze is less prevalent because the highest chance any move has to inflict it is 30% on an Attack move compared to Sleep having multiple 60%+ Accuracy moves with decent distribution (Spore stands out most)

Does icy rock work with Chilly Reception? I would assume it does but want hard confirmation :)
Yes, it should. Chilly Reception still gives the Def Buff for Ice Types and still sets up snow as normal, and since Icy Rock is used to prolong snow, it will work as intended.

What does Tinkaton do, does it actually do something worthwhile?
It has one of the best typings in the game, and although it has lacklustre stats (for the most part) it comes with a pseudo-nuke move that enables it to hit a lot of top-tier threads surprisingly hard. Chien-Pao and Flutter Mane are OHKO'd by 252 / Adamant Gigaton Hammer. It also has a solid support movepool, it'll probably see more play in VGC than OU, but its movepool + typing + Gigaton Hammer will probably let it find a nice niche within OU once the metagame settles down.

I find it's fairly useful to check the contribution threads for the newer Pokémon to see what more experienced players are using to get a general idea; here

Is the calc working with the ruin abilities yet? If not, is there some kind of workaround to get the correct damage ranges? I guess -1 / +1 is too great of a boost.

So does anyone have a comprehensive guide that differentiates playstyles? I've been having a real hard time trying to diferentiate bulky offense from balance this generation. Would like a resource to read upon. thanks in advance!

ok stupid question. did they raise the crit rate since gen 8. I've been getting crit a lot, like a lot lately
As Finch said, no, but it's of note to mention that Meowscarda's signature move Flower Trick does have a 100% chance to crit, which could potentially be a part of it.

is rage fist affected only by physical moves, and what are some ways to counter annihilape?

Last edited:
is rage fist affected only by physical moves, and what are some ways to counter anihilape?
Rage Fist is incremented by any direct damage hit Annihilape takes. Counterplay I'm less on top of but his main exploitable facets are a fairly low speed and only okay Power until Rage fist builds up and/or he accumulates Bulk-up, so Taunt + Status seems one way to disrupt it, alongside hitting hard through its admittedly good Bulk.

Once Pokemon Home mons become OU legal; will Zamazenta be in that initial OU drop for testing, or will it be going to Ubers?

Anyone know some stuff that can switch into annihilape and get it off the field without losing a ton of health?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone know some stuff that can switch into annihilape and get it off the field without losing a ton of health?
toxic + haze toxapex can against test sets but not taunt, otherwise you have to push it really aggressively with offensive firepower like specs chi yu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)