Media 2022 Music Obsessions

Tenshi

and I think that's beautiful
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Stream Carly Rae Jepsen and Taylor Swift both dropping on October 21st

(Seriously carly my gal what are you doing, thats market suicide dropping on the day of a tswift album)

My favorite band Black Veil Brides dropped their new EP and it rules
I absolutely love when they dip into their melodic metalcore roots

Choice Specs Heracross

Banned deucer.
I'm really into listening to Gorillaz, Guns N' Roses, Slash, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Linkin Park and Blink-182 right now.
Those are some pretty good bands right there (sans Aerosmith)

Me and my sister have this tradition where we play Pokémon games together and we like to SR to get decent IV Pokémon to play through the game with. Anyway, we’ve been playing Colo/XD respectively and listening to tunes in the background coz of Pokemonotony. So over the past couple of days it’s been a mix of Nirvana, Radiohead, Coldplay, the Killers, the Arctic Monkeys, Linkin Park, MCR and A7X.

Those are some pretty good bands right there (sans Aerosmith)

Me and my sister have this tradition where we play Pokémon games together and we like to SR to get decent IV Pokémon to play through the game with. Anyway, we’ve been playing Colo/XD respectively and listening to tunes in the background coz of Pokemonotony. So over the past couple of days it’s been a mix of Nirvana, Radiohead, Coldplay, the Killers, the Arctic Monkeys, Linkin Park, MCR and A7X.
Thats cool. I'm always looking for more bands to listen to :).

current AOTY list

1. Kilo Kish — AMERICAN GURL
Favorite tracks: BLOODY FUTURE, NO APOLOGY!
Genre: Dystopian / synth pop
Listen to this if you like: Charli XCX, Shygirl, Poppy

2. Sudan Archives — Natural Brown Prom Queen
Favorite tracks: Home Maker, Freakalizer
Genre: Pop rap / R&B
Listen to this if you like: SZA, Doja Cat, Kali Uchis

3. JID — The Never Story
Favorite tracks: Sistanem, Crack Sandwich
Genre: Jazz rap / R&B
Listen to this if you like: Kanye West, J. Cole, Isaiah Rashad

4. Denzel Curry — Melt My Eyez See Your Future
Favorite tracks: X-Wing, Troubles ft. T-Pain
Genre: Melodic / conscious rap
Listen to this if you like: Vince Staples, Tyler The Creator, Freddie Gibbs

5. Big Thief — Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You
Favorite tracks: Simulation Swarm, Certainty
Genre: Indie folk / rock
Listen to this if you like: Radiohead, Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver

6. Danger Mouse + Black Thought — Cheat Codes
Favorite tracks: The Darkest Part ft. Raekwon & Kid Sister, Aquamarine ft. Michael Kiwanuka
Genre: Conscious rap
Listen to this if you like: Kendrick Lamar, Jay-Z, MF DOOM

7. Leikeli47 — Shape Up
Favorite tracks: Zoom, Chitty Bang
Genre: Pop Rap
Listen to this if you like: Megan Thee Stallion, Rico Nasty, Cardi B

8. Beyoncé — Renaissance
Favorite tracks: CUFF IT, SUMMER RENAISSANCE
Genre: House / Electronic / R&B
Listen to this if you like: Grace Jones, Janet Jackson, Azealia Banks

9. Lupe Fiasco — Drill Music In Zion
Favorite tracks: AUTOBOTO, SEATTLE
Genre: Conscious rap
Listen to this if you like: Common, Big K.R.I.T., Pusha T

10. MAVI — Laughing so Hard, it Hurts
Favorite tracks: 3 Left Feet, My Good Ghosts
Genre: Lullaby rap
Listen to this if you like: Noname, Saba, Smino

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Been hopping around Punk subgenres lately, trying out and really digging Twee Pop. Tiger Trap's Self-Titled album is currently living rent free in my head

If any of yall got Twee Pop recs lemme know !_! (or Post-Punk, Noise Pop, Dream Pop / Shoegaze stuff as per usual)

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

Bronze Avery just dropped an immensely fire debut album, first 7 songs are incredible in sequence, visuals are also stunning

This came out at the start of the year and I've still yet to hear something that tops this song and album.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

what’s y’all’s favs from the new SZA? i created a separate playlist because I just can’t with 23 tracks lol it’s so unwieldy

first and last quarters of the album are absolute fire, “Kill Bill” is giving Eminem’s “Stan” energy, except it’s not a white dude killing his wife

what’s y’all’s favs from the new SZA? i created a separate playlist because I just can’t with 23 tracks lol it’s so unwieldy

first and last quarters of the album are absolute fire, “Kill Bill” is giving Eminem’s “Stan” energy, except it’s not a white dude killing his wife
nobody gets me is stunning, im a sucker for like a mid-tempo, early 2000s “coming of age”-esque song and it just hits the spot for me, I’ll need to sit with the album a little longer to digest but that was my biggest standout

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
my favs of the year

1- I Didn't Mean To Haunt You
2- Actual Life 3 - actually the album sucks but the boiler room (boiler room: london) is just the album but 10x better
3 - The Forever Story
4- Caprisongs - honda may be my most listened song tbh just most of the songs lost their touch after a lot of relistening, but this is just one of those albums you can go back to after a while and itll feel fresh and fun again
5- Ants From Up There

s/o to the beyoncé, the denzel and dvrst

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)