SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

You say that, yet there's actual sleeping animation for every pokemon due to pic nic and they don't play in battle when they're asleep...

(They did fix the eyes not closing bit, at least)
At least with the sleeping animations, the scenario is something you will see in several scenarios
Wild pokemon will fall alseep occasionally, even in Area Zero (sleepy great tusk........very cute)
I think if you have them out in Let's Go long enough one of their animations is to just fall asleep
And finally if you picnic at all Pokemon be like "anyone going to sleep?" and not wait for an answer. And if you breed at all now you see it all the time forever.

Even when Pokemonamie had a million exclusive animations, that also made sense because its designed for you to see them. IT's a dedicated interaction.
Here? You have to specifically be standing idle in in a timed scenario wehere you're meant to be constantly on the move.

By the looks of it, each mon has 3 animations during the Team Star Training sessions: one is a generic attack animation, while the other two seem to happen during these sessions only (which, as you rightfully said, makes little sense; why would they model custom animations for every single mon and only use them in a single scenario?).
For example, Gallade's are: skyward battlecry (special attack animation #1), side glance to both sides (TST exclusive), right shoulder stretch (also TST exclusive)
Meanwhile every other animation that plays during Let's Go / Picnics are: skyward battlecry (again), small bow (interact), kneel and sleep, angry negation (from pokeamie, triggered when commanded to autobattle a shiny or when in the water), shake (when you are washing him). I have not seen any of the TST animations in these situations
I wonder if they are meant to play in some other unknown situation and / or the fact that they don't is an oversight (very possible considering the current state of SV :tyke:)
Either an oversight or they're meant to do it in specific environments and the Star Battles just happen to trigger them as well.
Sprigatito line's idles in particular seem like they'd be used in towns, since it's performing tricks.

Those methods are all coded in...except for Qwilfish-H into Overqwil. For whatever reason that one is in the same bin as the U/W/K trio.
Quilfish-H evolves the same way as Stantler: using a move several times in a specific style, which is impossible in this game. Ursaring and Kleavor evolve via items that aren’t in the game. All of these evolution methods are theoretically possible to implement by either adding the item or changing the evo method to just using the move like Primeape. There’s really no reason to implement these evolutions until HOME anyway since there’s no way to get those moves or items yet.

On the topic of the supposedly “Star Battle-exclusive” animations, I have definitely seen Spidops draw its web trap as a regular animation in the overworld.

Reactions: CPU
On the topic of the supposedly “Star Battle-exclusive” animations, I have definitely seen Spidops draw its web trap as a regular animation in the overworld.
I wish I saved the video of that time i was hatching dunsparce, which is a whole 40 second affair every time it happens and saw a Spidops in the background:
-notice me
-spool out its web trap
-slowly walk across the hill towards me, on a mission from god to run into me the second the text boxes were done.

it was surprisingly menacing

Actually Spidops has a lot of freaky animations. Have you seen one run across the floor on all its legs? Or just see it, legs splayed out, on a tree trunk?

-slowly walk across the hill towards me, on a mission from god to run into me the second the text boxes were done.
I've noticed that a lot of pokemon will end up coming near or on top of you while you're doing battles or other affairs around the map.

Some of the more "friendly" pokemon will just sit nearby and look at you curioustly.
Some will actually run around scared.

And then there's Tauros who are just waiting for you to be done to fucking run you over in pack

I've noticed that a lot of pokemon will end up coming near or on top of you while you're doing battles or other affairs around the map.

Some of the more "friendly" pokemon will just sit nearby and look at you curioustly.
Some will actually run around scared.

And then there's Tauros who are just waiting for you to be done to fucking run you over in pack
waiting to be done is optimistic, they are IN my model, one time I literally had 3 back to back battles because i kept either being flung into one or because they were ALL UP ON ME

Actually Spidops has a lot of freaky animations. Have you seen one run across the floor on all its legs? Or just see it, legs splayed out, on a tree trunk?
I’d seen it hanging out on trees, but I haven’t seen it running around!

So much personality, concentrated on a shitmon… :tymp:

I’d seen it hanging out on trees, but I haven’t seen it running around!

So much personality, concentrated on a shitmon… :tymp:
I really don't get why they made it so....lacking.
Lokix its approximate partner in crime (I actually wonder if Spidops, Nymble & Lokix were all designed by the same person, with Tarountula being designed by someone else), isn't going to set the world ablaze but you know it's got some stuff going on. Unique type. Good attack, workable speed. Pretty good movepool for what it wants to do.

Meanwhile Spidops has decent defenses and an interesting-ish movepool but none of these combine at all when everything else is just Bad. Pure bug, slow as dirt, bad HP, sub-par attack. Stakeout is cool, I guess??
Shiinotic got a good dual type, a great support move pool and tried to make hte most of its also-inexplicably-low stats.

Well I'd at least want to use a Spidops above a Kricketune so I can at least put it above the gens 1-4 "why this pokemon so bad tho" mons

Shiinotic got a good dual type, a great support move pool and tried to make hte most of its also-inexplicably-low stats.
Shiinotic's stats are the same total as Parasect (Paras and Morelull are day/night exclusives on Brooklet Hill). Araquanid's stats are the same total as (buffed) Masquerain! Not really sure why they're trying to make counterparts to old Pokémon many generations after the fact but whatever.

Meanwhile Spidops has decent defenses and an interesting-ish movepool but none of these combine at all when everything else is just Bad. Pure bug, slow as dirt, bad HP, sub-par attack. Stakeout is cool, I guess??
Spidops makes me think of Araquanid from an alternate timeline where they never added the unmentioned Water move boost onto Water Bubble. A cool-looking bug with some unique design inspirations, but completely underwhelming on all other counts.

Well I'd at least want to use a Spidops above a Kricketune so I can at least put it above the gens 1-4 "why this pokemon so bad tho" mons
Sadly, I feel like I’m at least a little more compelled by the thought of playing around with a Metronome Fury Cutter Kricketune on a BDSP run than I am by anything Spidops has to offer…

waiting to be done is optimistic, they are IN my model, one time I literally had 3 back to back battles because i kept either being flung into one or because they were ALL UP ON ME
Only three? My record is five due to Sableye or something in Chi-Yu's infested little cave.

Man, how did we go from PLA to this?

Spidops makes me think of Araquanid from an alternate timeline where they never added the unmentioned Water move boost onto Water Bubble. A cool-looking bug with some unique design inspirations, but completely underwhelming on all other counts.

Sadly, I feel like I’m at least a little more compelled by the thought of playing around with a Metronome Fury Cutter Kricketune on a BDSP run than I am by anything Spidops has to offer…
I got some mileage out of Spidops on PS as a suicide lead. Sticky Web + Memento is pretty unique. It's basically Smeargle with Insomnia and no Spore, which was perfectly fine in the tribute summon Houndstone meta.

Dudes there used to like be 509 people on this thread
Bro. That's crazy. How does nature even do that? It's like the game is already out, bro... or idk. (Weep not. You'll see those numbers again next time there's a main-series datamine underway.)

So I think the last patch did address some of the memory leak issues

Used to be if I didnt keep closing out of the game every couple of hours things would go from "this is not fine but i can manage" to "the world is ending", but I had the same session going for a few days and its...about the same as a fresh session. You can read that as backhanded as you'd [bits of the world briefly glitch out and fade in/onut] like.

This is a really funny reaction in retrospect, now that we know GF just abandoned implementing this Pokémon’s defining mechanic for non-transfers this generation lol.
Which is really weird since they still show other forms of vivillon elsewhere in the game not just as overworld NPCs but on trainers.

I kind of imagine they'll do a raid event for this, but its still a little odd

This is a really funny reaction in retrospect, now that we know GF just abandoned implementing this Pokémon’s defining mechanic for non-transfers this generation lol.
Which is really weird since they still show other forms of vivillon elsewhere in the game not just as overworld NPCs but on trainers.

I kind of imagine they'll do a raid event for this, but its still a little odd
I'm assuming it'll be like what they did to the Deerling line, and bred Scatterbugs will evolve into the form their mother had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)