EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Chilly Reception
- Future Sight
- Surf
- Slack Off
hear me out here....
for the people who have used hail, do you guys really use Slowking as THE main setter? is Obamasnow really that bad? or you have it as a secondary

Slowking is honestly quite good, but the Hail/Snow abusers are kind of meh (Ice Body Sub Baxcalibur has some legs but that's it), so it's basically Teleport with a different name now. I wish they had given Cetitan an Ice-type Wave Crash/Flare Blitz man.

Personally surprised by how popular espartha ban was. And how gholdengo was not. Other than those two glad chi-yu is gone, it’s been torturing this metagame for too long. In terms of Cyclizar and annihlape, probably would have preferred a suspect for Cyclizar, but it happens so and can’t say I won’t enjoy not facing it.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
It's still a pretty solid mon that can setup hazards and a good counter to physical mons and specially garchomp tbh
yea i do not deny this but it is not a remotely close substitute to cyclizar's pivoting support role. it may have its own niche, but the two are incomparable in terms of gameflow and team fit

also, chomp is running some mixed fire blast sets on ladder rn, so be cognizant of that

The metagame just became way more balanced! Thank you to the council for the much needed bans.

to Nemo, I won't miss you lil buddy.
has anyone tried :arboliva:.
im trying to use it sorta like grimmsnarl since it has both light screen and reflect and seedsower with somewhat pivoting with memento to enable :espathra:.plus grassy seed and the welcomed addition of leftovers through grassy terrain helps it;here's the set it use.
arboliva :arboliva:.
ability:seedsower
item light clay/terrain extender
252hp 252def 4spdef bold
reflect
lightscreen
memento
leechseed /dazzling gleam
im thinking whether terrain extender or light clay is more important for recovery or the prolonged defense buff

Last edited:
awesome bans. i think these 3 gone will make it much much easier to play bulkier team styles, considering they all abused them so hard. i'm surprised how no one voted to ban chien pao though, isn't this the 3rd quickban slate where it got no ban votes whatsoever? that really surprises me considering how much hate it seems to get and how good cb tera dark is, though i'm not sure if i personally think it's banworthy or not.

Crossposting my thoughts from the Dirge thread in the wake of these bans - man, am I excited for the croc:

With Chi-Yu and Ape gone, Dirge stocks just went through the roof.

Seriously, the croc just got so much better. Chi, in particular, had no problem switching in to either of Dirge’s stabs and revenge killing - with it gone, you lose the scariest threat to its longevity.

A HUGE benefit is added Tera flexibility. With Ape and Chi in the tier, Dirge usually wanted to run a Tera like Fairy that resists Dark Pulse and CC while not being weak to Flamethrower and Rage Fist. Without those two, Dirge can run so many types to shut down whatever threat your team has trouble with. Poison, Normal, Dark, Steel, Water… the possibilities are endless.

I love this guy in design and functionality and have been using it on almost all my teams. I prefer mixed def, leaning physical, but you can get away with either a physdef or spdef set because of how thicc he is. Here’s what I usually run:

:skeledirge:
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy/Water/Poison/whatever
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 52 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Hex
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp

All fire types will see more usage with their chief competition gone, but Dirge in particular will reap the benefits.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

:sv/primeape:
Primeape @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

While not nearly as bulky as Annihilape ever will be y'all forgot about its prevo!... okay yeah this is probably gonna suck but STILL! All you need to do its get hit a couple of times thanks to Eviolite, click Tera Ghost and ravage through with Rage Fist. You even have Drain Punch as a pretty good recovery option. I actually don't know how this will do but council, keep on the lookout :psysly:

Last edited:
The big thing I want to see now is if Orthworm usage suddenly picks up. I think if that starts happening, then we can start talking about a shed tail ban so Cyc can start doing other things in lower tiers.
I Played around with orth. The problem is it is so much easier to hit to half than cyc due to it’s speed tier, and without regenerator it’s going to struggle to ever shed tail twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)