Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Surprised Weavile+ didn't get any ban votes, any reason why?
I was slightly shocked as well but I think it's because there were other main focuses to want to quickban (idk if it's worthy of that), I think it's definitely worthy of a suspect test but in reality it's the best physical attacker in the SV OU metagame.

Shoutout to Finch and TPP putting Garganacl on notice with votes towards bans.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

:sv/primeape:
Primeape @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rage Fist
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

While not nearly as bulky as Annihilape ever will be y'all forgot about its prevo!... okay yeah this is probably gonna suck but STILL! All you need to do its get hit a couple of times thanks to Eviolite, click Tera Ghost and ravage through with Rage Fist. You even have Drain Punch as a pretty good recovery option. I actually don't know how this will do but council, keep on the lookout :psysly:

You would have to prove first that Primeape's a top threat in RU like it's hyped to be at the start of this month before this thing ever has a shot at being viable in OU. Also, if you were to ever use Primeape in OU, Bulk Up is the way to go and not this 4 Attacks U-turn pivot nonsense that won't do anything but being deadweight.

You would have to prove first that Primeape's a top threat in RU like it's hyped to be at the start of this month before this thing ever has a shot at being viable in OU. Also, if you were to ever use Primeape in OU, Bulk Up is the way to go and not this 4 Attacks U-turn pivot nonsense that won't do anything but being deadweight.
Fair enough. Changed U-Turn for Bulk Up

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

:sv/primeape:
Primeape @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

While not nearly as bulky as Annihilape ever will be y'all forgot about its prevo!... okay yeah this is probably gonna suck but STILL! All you need to do its get hit a couple of times thanks to Eviolite, click Tera Ghost and ravage through with Rage Fist. You even have Drain Punch as a pretty good recovery option. I actually don't know how this will do but council, keep on the lookout :psysly:
Not the good Annihilape replacement. That one is better
Grimmsnarl @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

I guess if you wanna run Shed Tail Orthworm now you're gonna have to use either Sitrus or the pinch berries huh?

for the people who have used hail, do you guys really use Slowking as THE main setter? is Obamasnow really that bad? or you have it as a secondary
Used semi-hail a bit, and yeah slowking is the only real viable setter. Abomasnow has basically no value offensively or defensively in this meta outside of the stray ice shard rk and being rocks weak and not having regenerator gets it chipped down rapidly.

That being said, I prefer this slowking set, since it lets you switch in on some of the EQ users in the tier (ting lu, tankchomp, defensive tusk)

Slowking @ Icy Rock / Heavy-Duty Boots
Level: 100
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Speed
- Future Sight
- Surf
- Slack Off
- Chilly Reception

I prefer surf over chilling water for the immediate damage, and on semi-hail would use boots over icy rock for longevity

Smogon users come up w a better joke for chienpao than mega weavile challenge: impossible.

Excited for the new meta, rip half of my teams though. Expect espathra to rot in uubl, and dnite to drop in usage. Still ou I feel, just not as easy to pivot.

Chienpao just got a lot better, I wonder if it'll become overwhelming? No longer gets scared off by chi yu and drain punch. Was decent at handling espathra but even then gleam was scary and a good espathra was able to set up faster than you could kill sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)