Tournament Ubers Winter League II - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader

Incredible new art by Albatross
Welcome to the second edition of Ubers Winter League, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a five-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. Additionally, each week, managers can decide to boost one slot, making the slot effective for 2 wins (and if both teams boost the same slot, it's worth 3 wins).

Hello everyone, this year your hosts are 7u9i2 and myself.

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log of your match must be saved and posted or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the RBY slot.
- Underlined matches will be counted as single boosted slots which count for 2 wins, Bolded and underlined matches will be counted as double boosted slots which count for 3 wins, with a * indicating which players were boosted.

And now, without further ado, here are the pairings !

Frost Monkeys (5) vs. Spectral Thieves (8)

SV: Cam vs. avarice
SV: Floss vs. Stallion
SV: The Strap vs. S-Matrix
SV: TJ vs. Fogbound Lake
SS: SiTuM vs. lotiasite
SM: Alkione vs. FatFighter2*
ORAS: obii vs. mncmt
BW: Carl Murray* vs. Monai
DPP: zf vs. Highlord
ADV: Raph369 vs. Heysup
GSC: Isa vs. Conflict
RBY: Unowndragon vs. shiloh

Deadline is February, 20th, 7:59 PM GMT+8 / 4:29 PM GMT+5.5 / 11:59 AM GMT+1 / 5:59 AM GMT-5 / 2:59 AM GMT-8

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Predictions on how likely each user is let me crash a night at their house because my flight got cancelled

Frost Monkeys (8) - (3) Spectral Thieves
SV: Cam vs. avarice -cammy wammy would go above and beyond for his friends whereas avarice once didn't like two of my posts in a row while likewhoring. One sided MU.
SV: Floss vs. Stallion - a very nice chap who would try to pick me up from the airport if he had the time. I simply have never interacted with Floss
SV: The Strap vs. S-Matrix - The Strap lives with like 35 people every time I call with him somebody is screaming in the background or some random teen is getting hit by a baseball, Smarties win by default.
SV: TJ vs. Fogbound Lake - lives in a mansion.
SS: SiTuM vs. lotiasite - situm would give me the most vile experience and then have hot Lesbian Latias sex with me.
SM: Alkione vs. FatFighter2* - FF2 fears me and if he doesn't, he should. Never seen someone click with some conviction since I met Zesty. Alkione would make me some bouillabaisse or something and then talk to me about lead Machop mirrors in DPP LC.
ORAS: obii vs. mncmt - Was hospitalised last time I visited so I hope he'd grab me from Newark and show how Pokemon Central admins party.
BW: Carl Murray* vs. Monai - every French player that has met Carl tells me he's super nice, + he's a good drinker so we'd gel well. Monai I'm sorry but I'm never visiting MA again.
DPP: zf vs. Highlord - I'm never going to NJ again.
ADV: Raph369 vs. Heysup - Heysup is a busy adult who has his life together, idt his missus would appreciate a mons random showing up. Raph would swing from vine to vine and take me to his monkey cave.
GSC: Isa vs. Conflict - last time I teamed with Isa my performance was so bad I'm ashamed to show my face in his neck of the woods. Conflict gets the default win.
RBY: Unowndragon vs. shiloh - see above for shiloh but make it the last 4 tours.

Decisive victory for the monkeys!

Predictions on how likely each user is let me crash a night at their house because my flight got cancelled

Frost Monkeys (8) - (3) Spectral Thieves
SV: Cam vs. avarice -cammy wammy would go above and beyond for his friends whereas avarice once didn't like two of my posts in a row while likewhoring. One sided MU.
SV: Floss vs. Stallion - a very nice chap who would try to pick me up from the airport if he had the time. I simply have never interacted with Floss
SV: The Strap vs. S-Matrix - The Strap lives with like 35 people every time I call with him somebody is screaming in the background or some random teen is getting hit by a baseball, Smarties win by default.
SV: TJ vs. Fogbound Lake - lives in a mansion.
SS: SiTuM vs. lotiasite - situm would give me the most vile experience and then have hot Lesbian Latias sex with me.
SM: Alkione vs. FatFighter2* - FF2 fears me and if he doesn't, he should. Never seen someone click with some conviction since I met Zesty. Alkione would make me some bouillabaisse or something and then talk to me about lead Machop mirrors in DPP LC.
ORAS: obii vs. mncmt - Was hospitalised last time I visited so I hope he'd grab me from Newark and show how Pokemon Central admins party.
BW: Carl Murray* vs. Monai - every French player that has met Carl tells me he's super nice, + he's a good drinker so we'd gel well. Monai I'm sorry but I'm never visiting MA again.
DPP: zf vs. Highlord - I'm never going to NJ again.
ADV: Raph369 vs. Heysup - Heysup is a busy adult who has his life together, idt his missus would appreciate a mons random showing up. Raph would swing from vine to vine and take me to his monkey cave.
GSC: Isa vs. Conflict - last time I teamed with Isa my performance was so bad I'm ashamed to show my face in his neck of the woods. Conflict gets the default win.
RBY: Unowndragon vs. shiloh - see above for shiloh but make it the last 4 tours.

Decisive victory for the monkeys!

I swear, Machop mirrors are a pain and that alone should make DPP LC bo3 in every single tours. It is too much random, ties aside. The fact that you need to win the tie, to not get confu, then to predict the Duskull with Payback or to DPunch again, without any info of the ghost of the opponent's team ( could be Gastly ).

You're welcome to my house tho, you'll know what a real sandwich is, and a tartiflette.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
(7) vs (7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)