Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

If a Pokemon acquires a non-level-up move through a normal means like Mirror Herb/Breeding/TM, can they relearn it if you swap it off, or do you have to use said method again?

Mostly curious for rotating certain coverage or utility moves on my raid mons vs raising secondary copies to fill other niches
TM - Yes
Bred an egg Move - To my recollection, yes
Mirror Herb - No, but it's at least easy & quick enough to do again.

If a Pokemon acquires a non-level-up move through a normal means like Mirror Herb/Breeding/TM, can they relearn it if you swap it off, or do you have to use said method again?

Mostly curious for rotating certain coverage or utility moves on my raid mons vs raising secondary copies to fill other niches
Unfortunately, Mirror Herb learned moves will not be relearnable upon deletion (have to mirror herb again).

FWIW this also applies to egg/tm moves that are on raids from what i recall

I guess another one, probably more easily answered by SwSh players

Can you link multiple Switch or PoGo profiles to the same My Nintendo account for the sake of sending things to Home? 2 main reasons I have this in mind

1. I want to replay a game but don't want to blow away my existing file for things like Raiding or just sentimental value. This would still allow me to keep things like Shinies, rare spawns, or Nuzlocke survivors if I could send them from a separate Switch Profile to the same "Home" box without having to either buy another game or set up another Free-plan Home profile to pick them up

2. Just shared access among family or friends for sending mons to Home for Go stuff like the Transporter or receiving mons to get onto their main games for usage, again without having to set up another Home.

I guess another one, probably more easily answered by SwSh players

Can you link multiple Switch or PoGo profiles to the same My Nintendo account for the sake of sending things to Home? 2 main reasons I have this in mind

1. I want to replay a game but don't want to blow away my existing file for things like Raiding or just sentimental value. This would still allow me to keep things like Shinies, rare spawns, or Nuzlocke survivors if I could send them from a separate Switch Profile to the same "Home" box without having to either buy another game or set up another Free-plan Home profile to pick them up

2. Just shared access among family or friends for sending mons to Home for Go stuff like the Transporter or receiving mons to get onto their main games for usage, again without having to set up another Home.
Home is actually really lenient on this for Switch accounts
Set up a second account
Then, go into Home with your *primary* account
Then, when selecting the Sword save file in Home, select the second account

Viola. No need to even link the accounts to My Nintendo

Home is actually really lenient on this for Switch accounts
Set up a second account
Then, go into Home with your *primary* account
Then, when selecting the Sword save file in Home, select the second account

Viola. No need to even link the accounts to My Nintendo
Convenient to hear. Certainly nice for if I eventually want to try challenge runs of Scarlet. Assuming Gen 9 works the same way, I just set up a second Switch Profile for the other game "file" and then later can just import everything to the same Home Boxes?

While iffy on the price tag relative to the service, I can't deny that's convenient and a nice QoL they included (whether by design or just not caring to limit it)

Convenient to hear. Certainly nice for if I eventually want to try challenge runs of Scarlet. Assuming Gen 9 works the same way, I just set up a second Switch Profile for the other game "file" and then later can just import everything to the same Home Boxes?

While iffy on the price tag relative to the service, I can't deny that's convenient and a nice QoL they included (whether by design or just not caring to limit it)
it has a specific part of the UI so it was by design, if I had to guess they probably wanted people sharing a single switch to be able to share a "Home" for all their Pokemon.

And yes it is about that simple. When I decided I wanted another Zacian, as well as the other DLC Pokemon, I set up another profile and just dumped them later.

To add on to that: DO NOT LINK ANY Nintendo account to the second profile, or it will generate a new instance of HOME and you cannot transfer between them. I completely forgot about this and linked a second account so that I could get the mystery gift for a second shiny Zygarde that is now locked in a separate instance of HOME. :facepalm:

(At least until I get around to borrowing my SO's phone and installing HOME on that so I can trade between the two accounts, which I think should work.)

To add on to that: DO NOT LINK ANY Nintendo account to the second profile, or it will generate a new instance of HOME and you cannot transfer between them. I completely forgot about this and linked a second account so that I could get the mystery gift for a second shiny Zygarde that is now locked in a separate instance of HOME. :facepalm:

(At least until I get around to borrowing my SO's phone and installing HOME on that so I can trade between the two accounts, which I think should work.)
I linked my second account when i was first setting it up, and even went into Home with that ccount on accident so i had the whole spiel, and I can still access the secondary save file through my primary.

You can't transfer between Home instances but you should still be able to transfer via the actual game file itself if you put the pokemon back in there.

How many eggs can the basket queue up in SV?
If I hit up an egg power and walked away for 30 minutes and came back, would I just get 30 minutes owrth of eggs or would it cap out at like...10

e: Follow up question since when can you find pokemon materials in the basket? I've found 2 Mankey Furs while breeding finizens which I...do not at al lremember the last 200+ eggs I went through before I took a break from the game

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
How many eggs can the basket queue up in SV?
If I hit up an egg power and walked away for 30 minutes and came back, would I just get 30 minutes owrth of eggs or would it cap out at like...10

e: Follow up question since when can you find pokemon materials in the basket? I've found 2 Mankey Furs while breeding finizens which I...do not at al lremember the last 200+ eggs I went through before I took a break from the game
Basket Eggs: From what I read up from multiple articles, 10 is the max.

Basket Items: So, and not sure if this is what happened with you, but apparently if you camp near where there's an item on the ground, you can find duplicates of that item in the basket. So you may have had Mankey Fur spawn near you before you camped and you didn't realize.

Basket Eggs: From what I read up from multiple articles, 10 is the max.
Bummer, but I suppose it at least means I dont have to mess with my TV's auto turn off settings (always annoying)
Basket Items: So, and not sure if this is what happened with you, but apparently if you camp near where there's an item on the ground, you can find duplicates of that item in the basket. So you may have had Mankey Fur spawn near you before you camped and you didn't realize.
Huh! Hadn't heard of this interaction before, but yes that had to have happened. Might picnic in the desert next time

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
In Pokemon Colosseum's Battle Mode, Orre Colosseum's ruleset says "held items allowed? Yes [restrictions]".

Soul Dew isn't banned here, so what restrictions are we talking about? I'd assume Mail is there since it doesn't exist in Colosseum, but if anyone knows of a full list I'd be interested to see it.

Note that "restrictions" in this context does not mean "no identical items", since "same held items?" is a separate rule.

Probably should post here instead of the Discord every time I have a question

In doing research for my website, I'm looking for numbers on exact spawn rates for most Pokemon in most locations. The sources I'm using sometimes have incomplete data, and I'm not sure if it's because the data hasn't been mined or the sources just don't have the information on them yet. Looking for:

*Swarms are a thing in RSE. Bulbapedia seems to list the rate of finding a swarm Pokemon, but doesn't "adjust" other rates to make up for it. So, which encounter slots do swarming Pokemon fill, or are they generated separately (ex. roll an x% chance of spawning the swarmer, if it fails, then roll the normal encounter table)?
*N's Pokemon in BW2 also have a 1% chance of appearing according to Bulbapedia. Does this replace an existing spawn slot until the Pokemon is caught or is it rolled separately?
*Sky spawns for ORAS are not listed with rates on Bulbapedia. Do we have data for that? Same for Hidden Pokemon.
*Do we have any rate data about the Grand Underground at all?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know why Pokemon Home arbitrarily doesn't count certain abilities/moves as being marked off, even if the Pokemon is literally in Home right this second with that ability?

Just as an example from glancing through my list....Bad Dreams, Dark Aura, & Shields Down. Darkrai, Yveltal & Minior have been in Home for years, and honestly I ould have sworn I've even placed one of the more recent Darkrai in Home from BDSP/LA.

And I feel like I might have seen this mentioned before, but is it possible to even get Ice Burn and Freeze Shock in Home?

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask a question like or if it's already been answered, but I'm not very familiar with how some things work in-game for Scarlet and Violet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are supposed to only be available through limited Tera Raids until March 12. I'm not sure if Game Freak has clarified this or how it has worked with other similar types of raids, but does anyone know if it will still be possible to catch Walking Wake and Iron Leaves after March 12? I would like to catch Iron Leaves eventually but I don't have Violet and likely won't for an indefinite period of time. Is it safe to assume that even if I didn't get around to playing Violet until significantly later in the future, there would still likely be some way to catch Iron Leaves? It would be a shame if those Pokemon were only accessible for a very short period of time and that doesn't seem likely to me, but sometimes it feels like you can't always rely on Game Freak to utilize common sense lol.

I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask a question like or if it's already been answered, but I'm not very familiar with how some things work in-game for Scarlet and Violet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are supposed to only be available through limited Tera Raids until March 12. I'm not sure if Game Freak has clarified this or how it has worked with other similar types of raids, but does anyone know if it will still be possible to catch Walking Wake and Iron Leaves after March 12? I would like to catch Iron Leaves eventually but I don't have Violet and likely won't for an indefinite period of time. Is it safe to assume that even if I didn't get around to playing Violet until significantly later in the future, there would still likely be some way to catch Iron Leaves? It would be a shame if those Pokemon were only accessible for a very short period of time and that doesn't seem likely to me, but sometimes it feels like you can't always rely on Game Freak to utilize common sense lol.
The closest comparisons would be the 7* raids that give access to Pokemon we'd normally need Home for (Charizard, Cinderace, Greninja, soon Decidueye) would get a second run later in the month. But that's not happening here, at this juncture.

They likely will be available again in the future, but we have no idea when. Maybe they'll rerun the raids when part 1 of the DLC comes out, for example; it also wouldn't surprise me if the pair could be found in the wild in Part 2

No word on availability for them after the time expires. I think if you connect to the internet during their run and then don't connect again, the game won't update to stop spawning the den until you connect post-end Date, so you could "Bank" the raid for later like that.

That said, did you go online to catch Leaves in Scarlet? Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are exclusive to in-game Raid Dens for either version, but like other Version Exclusives, you can join online raids to catch them through other players (i.e. Scarlet can join a Violet Player's Iron Leaves raid and catch it if you win)

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
That said, did you go online to catch Leaves in Scarlet? Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are exclusive to in-game Raid Dens for either version, but like other Version Exclusives, you can join online raids to catch them through other players (i.e. Scarlet can join a Violet Player's Iron Leaves raid and catch it if you win)
Oh ok, I didn't realize that you could catch Pokemon exclusive to the other version through online raids; that's really helpful, so thanks! Do I need to get invited from someone with Violet specifically, or can I just search for the raid through my copy of Scarlet? I'm not super familiar with how the online raids work.

Edit: Never mind - I just tried and I can fight it in raids without being invited. Now I just need to find a way to beat it lol

Edit 2: Got it - thanks again!

Last edited:
Oh ok, I didn't realize that you could catch Pokemon exclusive to the other version through online raids; that's really helpful, so thanks! Do I need to get invited from someone with Violet specifically, or can I just search for the raid through my copy of Scarlet? I'm not super familiar with how the online raids work.

Edit: Never mind - I just tried and I can fight it in raids without being invited. Now I just need to find a way to beat it lol

Edit 2: Got it - thanks again!
Glad that got sorted. Violet players have it easier because I swear people fighting Leaves online eat glue (i.e. easier to Solo it and Co-op for Wake). This thing is made to be dismantled by Scizor and Bisharp but if I see one more goddamn cover dragon I am going to personally hunt you down and mismatch all your socks.

The raid system is probably the big reason I bothered completing this game's regional dex, since it cut out the need for trading most of the Version exclusives besides the Paradoxes

To be honest I am glad that raids exist, because nowadays when people complain that GameFreaks makes their games too easy, I can respond "have you ever done a online raid in SwSh and SV? Do you have any idea of what kind of terrible player the average user is?"

Ngl that person that brought Garchomp to the tera fire Glaceon raid still irks me....

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In Pokemon Colosseum's Battle Mode, Orre Colosseum's ruleset says "held items allowed? Yes [restrictions]".

Soul Dew isn't banned here, so what restrictions are we talking about? I'd assume Mail is there since it doesn't exist in Colosseum, but if anyone knows of a full list I'd be interested to see it.
*Sky spawns for ORAS are not listed with rates on Bulbapedia. Do we have data for that? Same for Hidden Pokemon.
*Do we have any rate data about the Grand Underground at all?
So, is there anyone on Smogon which has the equipment needed to data mine this info? I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you can't find this info anywhere else online, I highly doubt anyone here will know as we'd only have access to the same resources as you. This sounds more like a question to throw on say the Pokemon Reddit. :blobshrug:

*Swarms are a thing in RSE. Bulbapedia seems to list the rate of finding a swarm Pokemon, but doesn't "adjust" other rates to make up for it. So, which encounter slots do swarming Pokemon fill, or are they generated separately (ex. roll an x% chance of spawning the swarmer, if it fails, then roll the normal encounter table)?
Bulbapedia says that in Gen III an outbreak halves all other Pokemon's encounter rates so that the Swarm Pokemon can have a 50% encounter rate.

*N's Pokemon in BW2 also have a 1% chance of appearing according to Bulbapedia. Does this replace an existing spawn slot until the Pokemon is caught or is it rolled separately?
Couldn't find a definitive answer on this one, but I can throw out two possibilities which seem plausible. An important thing to note about N's Pokemon is that where you find them is also where you can find normal members of that species (going along with N's pre-Champion gimmick of battling with the Pokemon you can find in the immediate area). So with that in mind I have two conclusions:

• N's Pokemon decreases their species' encounter by 1% so that they can fill that slot. In the case of Darmanitan, both it and Darumaka decreased the normal Darumaka's encounter rate by 2% so each can have one.

• Th game first rolls up which species you'll be encountering, and if it's a species which has a N Pokemon you haven't caught yet, than it does a second roll to determine if its an N Pokemon (it being a 1 out of the specie's normal encounter rate, giving it the illusion of being a 1% even though two rolls are done)).
Does anyone know why Pokemon Home arbitrarily doesn't count certain abilities/moves as being marked off, even if the Pokemon is literally in Home right this second with that ability?
Found someone having maybe a similar problem with Forms and finding a fix.

And I feel like I might have seen this mentioned before, but is it possible to even get Ice Burn and Freeze Shock in Home?
Could you Sketch the moves with a Gen 7 Up-Transfer Smeargle even if the "real" users can't go into Home in the necessary form?
That's apparently the way to do it.

The closest comparisons would be the 7* raids that give access to Pokemon we'd normally need Home for (Charizard, Cinderace, Greninja, soon Decidueye) would get a second run later in the month. But that's not happening here, at this juncture.

They likely will be available again in the future, but we have no idea when.
And it was just announced that the Walking Wake and Iron Leaves Raids will have another round when the games get the big announced update in April as that update is going to include the fix the "Bad Egg Raid" glitch (notably the part where players who caught the Bad Egg were unable to catch a Walking Wake/Iron Leaves that the Bad Egg replaced).

So, is there anyone on Smogon which has the equipment needed to data mine this info? I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you can't find this info anywhere else online, I highly doubt anyone here will know as we'd only have access to the same resources as you. This sounds more like a question to throw on say the Pokemon Reddit. :blobshrug:
My guy tho have you tried searching for things with the current state of the Internet. I tried to see if anyone had compiled regular old R/S spawn rates and one of the results I got was an article written in 2023 about how to catch Abra in every game with images blatantly stolen from other sources. Just because someone might have put it on the internet doesn't mean that the search engine that prioritizes clickbait bullshit is ever going to let you find it

Thanks for what you were able to dig up tho, I appreciate it immensely.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)