LC LC Majors IV - Stage 1 (Pools)

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
op taken from last year and originally adapted from the UU Majors

Welcome to the fourth LC Majors! This is an official Type B Tournament in the 2023 Little Cup Tournament Circuit where you can test your mettle against the top players in the community. Unlike most elimination tours, where your opponent is a matter of chance, LC Majors ensures that every participant plays a broad swath of the tier's playerbase as you fight your way to the top.

The tournament is divided into two stages - a round-robin qualifier and an elimination bracket. During Stage 1, players will be divided into pools, where they will play every other member of the pool in a best-of-one round robin over the course of 2 weeks. Pool leaders will be selected by tournament hosts to ensure that each pool is more competitive.

At the end of Stage 1, each player will be ranked within his or her pool. The top two players of each pool will advance to Stage 2, where they will be entered into a single elimination bracket. LC circuit points will be awarded to everybody in stage 2, using the following scoring table.

Tour Specific Rules

• This is a standard SV LC tournament.​
  • Stage 1 of this tournament will be a round robin series. Players will be placed in pools, and must play all other opponents in their pool.​
  • Each pool will have a Pool Leader who will be handpicked by the tournament hosts.​
  • Stage 1 matches will be best-of-one. You may switch teams between opponents.​
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown.​
  • If any changes to the tier occur during Stage 1, they will not be implemented until Stage 2.​
  • You must be active in scheduling with your opponents. The tournament hosts will be very strict about activity during Stage 1. Please use the VM wall so that your activity attempts are visible, and be as specific as possible when scheduling. Extensions WILL NOT be given.​
  • Stage 1 is a round robin format. This means that you are expected to play every opponent in your pool, even if you lose the first couple of games. If you are unwilling to commit to this format, do not sign up. You are also agreeing to playing games with potential substitutes.​
  • Stage 2 is a single elimination bracket, where you will play best of three series with your matched opponent.​
  • Posting replays is mandatory for the entire tournament to encourage higher quality games and aid development of the LC metagame.​
  • You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules
  • Substitutes will be slotted in as players drop out or in mass a few days into the round. If you are tagged due to being in danger of being subbed out you must either post in the thread or on either player's wall within 24 hours or risk being subbed out.
  • VMs are only thing that matters for activity. Use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip.

Thanks to Coconut for assistance with creating the pools. Note the host assigned to each pool, please direct activity or substitute requests to that host first.

Pools

Éric
Stecolomaxx
Irene-2002
BeardedDrakon
Collette
Mister Magnus

CMDoge
Cao Jie
Aqua Jet
LeJames Chonk
Concept Everything
Beraldo

Greedy_eb
NotJackewu
Rasche
Heni-san
Danny
Banana Dee

Laroxyl
Jo3y49
Aikotoba
chimp
etern
be7

Voltix
MOHAMEDALL
MTB
Wunderlich
Bartho
Kaboom

Elfuseon
RL
Surfy
trace
glowbrogang
Drifting

gali
Fiend
Nudisto
Brammi
HSOWA
Fille

JuanSG
uhBella
Flou
SpaceSpeakers
BlackKnight_Gawain
hunternoooob

aleaniled
xdRudi.exe
Heysup
Cam
Fragments
Charis_Akins

kythr
Axelsior
BrunnoGreen
OriginalBoat
jcbc
Arcanine1929

Kipkluif
TheShoddyStrawman
Sificon
reggg
NHelioX7
Nultiprise

Acehunter1
giove97
PigWarrior19
AlyssaVGC
false
rarre

Tack
Fluore
zben
califlour
Lokifan
Medeia

Eniigma
Sanjay das
Azluc On Top
leo-bloodysweet
Albi
yokoisop

Quinn
txitxas
seroo
Reuben_Thomas05
One Last Kiss
LeGénoce

Hacker
Teamo505
ARTYMASION
Banbadoro
GasaiYunoSan
kmrt

:toedscool: Toedscool Pool :toedscool:
Host: Merritt

Leader: Éric
Stecolomaxx
Irene-2002
BeardedDrakon
Collette
Mister Magnus
:toedscool:ÉricStecolomaxxIrene-2002BeardedDrakonColletteMister MagnusScore
Éric-LLWWW3-2
StecolomaxxW-WLWW4-1
Irene-2002WL-WWW4-1
BeardedDrakonLWL-WW3-2
ColletteLLLL-0-4
Mister MagnusLLLL-0-4

:azurill: Azurill Pool :azurill:

Leader: CMDoge
Cao Jie
Aqua Jet
LeJames Chonk
Concept Everything
Beraldo
:azurill:CMDogeCao JieAqua JetLeJames ChonkConcept EverythingBeraldoScore
CMDoge-WLWWW4-1
Cao JieL-LWLL1-4
Aqua JetWW-LLL2-3
LeJames ChonkLLW-WW3-2
Concept EverythingLWWL-L2-3
BeraldoLWWLW-3-2

:pawniard: Pawniard Pool :pawniard:

Leader: Greedy_eb
NotJackewu
Rasche
Heni-san
Danny
Banana Dee
:pawniard:Greedy_ebNotJackewuRascheHeni-sanDannyBanana DeeScore
Greedy_eb-WLWWW4-1
NotJackewuL-WWWW4-1
RascheWL-WWW4-1
Heni-sanLLL-0-3
DannyLLL-0-3
Banana DeeLLL-0-3

:riolu: Riolu Pool :riolu:

Leader: Laroxyl
Jo3y49
Aikotoba
chimp
etern
be7
:riolu:LaroxylJo3y49Aikotobachimpeternbe7Score
Laroxyl-WWWWL4-1
Jo3y49L-LLWW2-3
AikotobaLW-WWL3-2
chimpLWL-L1-3
eternLLL-L0-4
be7WLWWW-4-1

:cetoddle: Cetoddle Pool :cetoddle:
Host: Theia

Leader: Voltix
MOHAMEDALL
MTB
Wunderlich
Bartho
Kaboom
:cetoddle:VoltixMOHAMEDALLMTBWunderlichBarthoKaboomScore
Voltix-WLWWW4-1
MOHAMEDALLL-LWWL2-3
MTBWW-WLL3-2
WunderlichLLL-L0-4
BarthoLLW-L1-3
KaboomLWWWW-4-1

:mankey: Mankey Pool :mankey:

Leader: Elfuseon
RL
Surfy
trace
glowbrogang
Drifting
:mankey:ElfuseonRLSurfytraceglowbrogangDriftingScore
Elfuseon-LLL0-3
RLW-LWWW4-1
SurfyWW-LL2-2
traceL-LL0-3
glowbrogangLWW-L2-2
DriftingWLWWW-4-1

:houndour: Houndour Pool :houndour:

Leader: gali
Fiend
Nudisto
Brammi
HSOWA
Fille
:houndour:galiFiendNudistoBrammiHSOWAFilleScore
gali-WLLL1-3
FiendL-WWWW4-1
NudistoL-LL0-3
BrammiWL-LL1-3
HSOWAWLWW-L3-2
FilleWLWWW-4-1

:zorua: Zorua Pool :zorua:

Leader: JuanSG
uhBella
Flou
SpaceSpeakers
BlackKnight_Gawain
hunternoooob
:zorua:JuanSGuhBellaFlouSpaceSpeakersBlackKnight_GawainhunternoooobScore
JuanSG-WLWWW4-1
uhBellaL-WWLW3-2
FlouWL-WWW4-1
SpaceSpeakersLLL-L0-4
BlackKnight_GawainLWLW-W3-2
hunternoooobLLLL-0-4

:wooper: Wooper Pool :wooper:
Host: Concept Everything

Leader: aleaniled
xdRudi.exe
Heysup
Cam
Fragments
Charis_Akins
:wooper:aleaniledxdRudi.exeHeysupCamFragmentsCharis_AkinsScore
aleaniled-WLWLW3-2
xdRudi.exeL-WLLL1-4
HeysupWL-LLW2-3
CamLWW-LL2-3
FragmentsWWWW-W5-0
Charis_AkinsLWLWL-2-3

:teddiursa: Teddiursa Pool :teddiursa:

Leader: kythr
Axelsior
BrunnoGreen
OriginalBoat
jcbc
Arcanine1929
:teddiursa:kythrAxelsiorBrunnoGreenOriginalBoatjcbcArcanine1929Score
kythr-WWWLW4-1
AxelsiorL-WLW2-2
BrunnoGreenL-WLW2-2
OriginalBoatLLL-LW1-4
jcbcWWWW-4-0
Arcanine1929LLLL-0-4

:froakie: Froakie Pool :froakie:

Leader: Kipkluif
TheShoddyStrawman
Sificon
reggg
NHelioX7
Nultiprise
:froakie:KipkluifTheShoddyStrawmanSificonregggNHelioX7NultipriseScore
Kipkluif-WWWLW4-1
TheShoddyStrawmanL-LLLL0-5
SificonLW-LWL2-3
regggLWW-WL3-2
NHelioX7WWLL-L2-3
NultipriseLWWWW-4-1

:combee: Combee Pool :combee:

Leader: Acehunter1
giove97
PigWarrior19
AlyssaVGC
false
rarre
:combee:Acehunter1giove97PigWarrior19AlyssaVGCfalserarreScore
Acehunter1-WLWLW3-2
giove97L-LWWL2-3
PigWarrior19WW-WWW5-0
AlyssaVGCLLL-LL0-5
falseWLLW-L2-3
rarreLWLWW-3-2

:gothita: Gothita Pool :gothita:
Host: grape tylenol

Leader: Tack
Fluore
zben
califlour
Lokifan
Medeia
:gothita:TackFluorezbencaliflourLokifanMedeiaScore
Tack-WWWWW5-0
FluoreL-WWLL2-3
zbenLL-LL0-4
califlourLL-LL0-4
LokifanLWWW-W4-1
MedeiaLWWWL-3-2

:growlithe: Growlithe Pool :growlithe:

Leader: Eniigma
Sanjay das
Azluc On Top
leo-bloodysweet
Albi
yokoisop
:growlithe:EniigmaSanjay dasAzluc On Topleo-bloodysweetAlbiyokoisopScore
Eniigma-WWWWL4-1
Sanjay dasL-WWLL2-3
Azluc On TopLL-LWL1-4
leo-bloodysweetLLW-LW2-3
AlbiLWLW-W3-2
yokoisopWWWLL-3-2

:petilil: Petilil Pool :petilil:

Leader: Quinn
txitxas
seroo
Reuben_Thomas05
One Last Kiss
LeGénoce
:petilil:QuinntxitxasserooReuben_Thomas05One Last KissLeGénoceScore
Quinn-WLWWW4-1
txitxasL-LWLW2-3
serooWW-LLW3-2
Reuben_Thomas05LLW-WW3-2
One Last KissLWWL-W3-2
LeGénoceLLLLL-0-5

:gible: Gible Pool :gible:

Leader: Hacker
Teamo505
ARTYMASION
Banbadoro
GasaiYunoSan
kmrt
:gible:HackerTeamo505ARTYMASIONBanbadoroGasaiYunoSankmrtScore
Hacker-WWWWW5-0
Teamo505L-LWWW3-2
ARTYMASIONLW-WWW4-1
BanbadoroLLL-LL0-5
GasaiYunoSanLLLW-L1-4
kmrtLLLWW-2-3

Deadline for playing all 4 of your pool games is Sunday June 18th, 11:59 EDT (GMT-4). Extensions will NOT be given under any circumstances. Substitutes will be randomized in as needed.

REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL GAMES

Last edited:

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
preemptive act vs ba (he always misses times)

CMDoge
Cao Jie
Aqua Jet
LeJames Chonk
Concept Everything
Beraldo
doge is really good at mons, and specially lc, and even if he hasnt played sv lc since like giraf meta i think he will just outplay everyone. he has an advantage since this meta is new to everyone. my guess for second would b aqua jet bc i know they play mons and win matches, but i can totally see james or even beraldo taking it
Greedy_eb
NotJackewu
Rasche
Heni-san
Danny
Banana Dee
its wild that danny isnt leader here. still, i like how greedy plays and he will probably come second. i could see jack making a surprise 4-1, but idk the other people so i cant rly tell
Laroxyl
Jo3y49
Aikotoba
chimp
etern
be7
other than laro, chimp did really well in some early sv lc tour, so he probs should come second since idk anyone else but etern are proven. etern plays mons but afaik he doesnt know lc at all. still i could see him over mr monkey
Voltix
MOHAMEDALL
MTB
Wunderlich
Bartho
Kaboom
voltix is having an absolutely crazy year. he was lcwl mvp, is in classic playoffs, posts like 50+ insta stories a month in parties… i can easily see him taking a 5-0, tho he doesnt have the easiest pool at all. the other contenders imo are mohamedall and mtb. moha has been winning in recent times in lc, while mtb is a tours player w lc experience. i give the edge to mtb bc he isnt mean to me. i could see kaboom making it too but he has it tough
Elfuseon
RL
Surfy
trace
glowbrogang
Drifting
this is a crazy pool. id vote for elfu clearly if he wasnt quitting, but knowing he isnt motivated makes me hesitate. i could honestly see everyone here making it tho, but i think drifting and trace are the most capable here other than mr fuseon. rl and specially surfy have high chances at winning too tho, its gonna be a crazy good pool to watch
gali
Fiend
Nudisto
Brammi
HSOWA
Fille
another wild pool, tho the people here arent really known for their current gen lc but for old gens, theyre good as fuck in their respective tiers. gali is the clear pick here, since shes the one that actually plays sv lc, and for the second slot im inclined to say fille will take it. he has had cg success in the past, and bw is way more aimilar to sv than dpp is for hsowa and brammi. dont get me wrong, ive seen hsowa do well in some cg low tiers like bdsp, but i think fille has the slight edge
JuanSG
uhBella
Flou
SpaceSpeakers
BlackKnight_Gawain
hunternoooob
JuanSG
aleaniled
xdRudi.exe
Heysup
Cam
Fragments
Charis_Akins
heysup is like the most clear leader, and yet he isnt. obvious pick 1. for the second pick, i think its between alea and charis. both are relative newcomers that have done well in recent tours (ssnl for alea and classic for our favorite ness pfp), and i think i favor alea slightly since i know he builds himself and could thus prepare something good for the match
kythr
Axelsior
BrunnoGreen
OriginalBoat
jcbc
Arcanine1929
to my complete despair, jc has been doing really well in sv lc. he should be able to beat everyone in his pool bar kythr, who is the most proven player by far in this pool, even if hes been fumbling a bit in sv lc
Kipkluif
TheShoddyStrawman
Sificon
reggg
NHelioX7
Nultiprise
im divided on this one. i wanna say kip wins bc i know hes capable of winning, but i also dont think he actually has won much in sv lc. reg and shoddy are my next bets, but i could see both kip and sificon getting wins as well
Acehunter1
giove97
PigWarrior19
AlyssaVGC
false
rarre
both spl/scl players, this is an easy answer. tho i think false especially could lose his spot to inexperience vs alyssa or pigwarrior, since theyve been doing really well in lc recently
Tack
Fluore
zben
califlour
Lokifan
Medeia
tough one. i think tack is the most proven and cali is someone i really think can pull it off, but zben has made classic playoffs and loki is good and successful too.
Eniigma
Sanjay das
Azluc On Top
leo-bloodysweet
chrisbilledk
yokoisop
idk the other guys im sorry
Quinn
txitxas
seroo
Reuben_Thomas05
One Last Kiss
LeGénoce
its been a long long time since i last saw legenoce play. i think quinn is on a ride lately, and olk i think is a tour player and could adapt.
Hacker
Teamo505
ARTYMASION
Banbadoro
GasaiYunoSan
kmrt
not much to say here, idk anyone but those two

Last edited:

PigWarrior19

unmon connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor
Toedscool pool Eric and Colin

Azurill pool cooper and Cmdoge

Pawnaird pool Danny and greedy

Riolu pool Laroxyl and chimp

Cetoddle pool Bartho Kaboom

Mankey pool elfu surfy

Houndour pool Gali fiend

Zorua pool Juan flou

Wooper pool Fragments niled

Teddiursa pool Kythr jcbc

Froakie pool shoddy and kip

Combee pool pig and ace

Gothita pool Loki and zben

Growlithe pool eniigma Sanjay das

Petlil pool Quinn one last kiss

Gible pool hacker gasai

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Take this with a grain of salt if wanted this is just my opinion. Also gl to everyone.

Toedscool pool:

Spanish power here. Eric is easily first and i can see Irene take second. If not it should be steco taking second but time will say, i have faith.

Azurill pool:

I dont believe in SV doge until proven otherwise, Aqua has been solid for a large amount of time now and cooper is doing fine enough to win.

Pawniard pool:

Danny and greedy are the better players in the pool.

Riolu pool:

Laro in this pool is the easiest choice ever, as for the second. I know chimp did a fine lcwl but outside of that he didnt do much and even w that i didnt rlly get convinced enough to bold him over someone of the level of etern.

Cetoddle pool:

Voltix has thid wrapped, my boi has been killing it this year, mohamed is solid and should get the 2nd quite comfortably. kaboom and MTB only people that are worrysome to them and that could make one of them if not boty not qualify.

Mankey pool:

Okey i know, bro drifting flop and all those things how can u bold drifting. Reality is despite he being aussie and drifting (what a combo lol) drifting is a good player and should be bolded in this pool. Elfu is on tilt mode since long ago and i feel like trace is always a consistent pick to choose so long as he doesnt forget about the tour because hes to busy w anime related things

Houndour pool:

This will be seen as personal bias and maybe it is but i think hsowa is crazy good and will quallify in these pool, gali tho is also great at the game and could take one of the spots out. Fiend has the protagonist arc in the pool cant lose.

Zorua pool:

(JuanSG calvo jajajajaja) Juan is easily the best in both building and playing from this pool, if he doesnt get haxed the first game and quits he has this easy lol. As for the second, i think speakers plays fine enough to grab some wins tho bella and flou have the mainer power so we'll see.

Wooper pool:

Charis and alea are the most proven in SV here.All of this is to not forget about oldgens god and legend heysup who i dont bold just because i have not seen him get a single SV game yet despite him being the player with the highest skill ceiling by far if you ask me. A pool to watch out for sure.

Froakie pool:

nulti has been showing signs of solidity lately and kip is proven enough to atleast make it in so hence the bold. However reggg has been making a run this LPL, so if he can show to be this strong outside of UU too i can see him taking a spot.

Combee pool:

Despite false being a great mons players i think the mainer part will provide here and get pig and ace the spot.

Gothita pool:

How in the nani the fuck are loki and cali not leaders LMAO they are excellent players i dont see them not quallifying unless some cheesy thing happen.

Growlithe pool:

Eniigma has been solid so far this year, and then we have the osh's son, easy bolds here.

Petlil pool:

Quinn is obviously first here, le genoce is someone that wants to ring a bell for me so.

Gible pool:

Who are the rest of these people...?

Last edited:
Toedscool- Eric and Stecolomaxx:
In my eyes, the two best players in the pool. I could see BeardedDrakon getting through though.
Azurill- CMDoge and LeJames Chonk
Good amount of heavy hitters in this pool. Went relatively safe with my picks here as they're the players I've seen play before, but I've heard good things about Aqua Jet and Cao Jie so either could slip through in an upset.
Riolu- Laroxyl and chimp
This should be a no-brainer, the only one I can see having a chance of getting to round 2 that isn't these two is etern but even then I do not like their chances.
Cetoddle- Kaboom and MOHAMEDAL
Kaboom is my clear favorite to make it out of pools, other than that I think it's a tossup. The favorites to make it out alongside Kaboom are MOHAMEDALL and Voltix, but really looks like a pool where anyone could make it out.
Mankey- Elfueson and Drifting
Is the Elfueson tilt real? Maybe except for when we played in BLT. Is he still the best LC player in this pool? Yes. This pool is in contention for most stacked with players like trace and Surfy the most likely to qualify other than the two I'm predicting, and RL in my eyes has shown the potential to beat top players so I would not count them out. If anyone here loses to glowbrogang though I think you're not making it out though so don't do that for your own sake.
Houndour- gali and HSOWA
Haven't seen the other four players SV LC in awhile and both my picks have been consistently good this generation. Fiend winning in Houndour pool would be cool though.
Zorua- JuanSG and uhBella
I had Flou > uhBella originally as those two players are who I saw taking 2nd in this pool, but since Flou lost in the rfn it should be in Bella's favor. Flou and BKG are still good players that shouldn't be slept on, but I think both of them (and Bella?) will have to beat JuanSG in order to confirm their spot.
Wooper- aleaniled and Fragments
Wildcard Heysup can absolutely take games from either of the players I listed and escape pools, but I have faith that both aleaniled and Fragments will build solid enough stuff versus Heysup to win and clean up the rest of the pool.
Teddiursa- kythr and jcbc
Not much to say, don't throw or get haxed and you're through.
Froakie- TheShoddyStrawman and Nultiprise
Another competitive pool that will be fun to watch. TSS's strong team building should be enough to get him through pools, and I just like Nultprise more than everyone else. Kipkluif, Sificon, and reggg all have good shots as their SV LC has looked good in the games I've seen.
Combee- Acehunter1 and PigWarrior19
Again, a super competitive pool where with 1-2 swing games I could see anyone making it out. I have no idea who false is but I've heard very good things about them so I'm excited to watch their games, but I think Ace's and Pig's better knowledge and higher playtime of the tier will make them the ones to leave pools.
Gothita- Lokifan and Tack
Honestly I could have bolded anyone here and not have been surprised if I saw they made it through, however I think Tack's unorthodox building and Lokifan's great gameplay will be the edge they need to make it through.
Growlithe- Eniigma and Sanjay das
The "Eniigma only gets randoms in LC tours" allegations are true because what is this pool man... Yokoisop is the only person who maybe gets through over Sanjay but this pool has to be the freest one in the tour.
Petilil- Quinn and seroo
Less free than the Growlithe pool, but would be shocked if Quinn or seroo did not get out of pools.
Gible- Hacker and GasaiYunoSan
A contender for best SV LC player and a known goat in LC old gens, I like both their chances.
Collette: If Collette gets to be subbed in, she's somehow going to leave her pool. Doesn't matter which pool it is.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Seeding is my passion
to be clear on the "seeding" process for the wiseasses

The 16 pool leaders were selected, then their order was randomized. The full list of players was then also randomized, split at every 5, and then joined (in the same order) to the pool leaders. The only guarantee is that two pool leaders will not be in the same pool, otherwise it's randomized as with other tours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)