Not open for further replies.
Shiny Cresselia @ Leftovers
Neutral nature... can't help it.
252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 SD

Ice Beam
HP Fighting 64
Calm Mind
Rest

I don't know how this would work. I want it to stop dragons, but maybe I should use Charge Beam over Hidden Power. HP 2HKOs Weavile though (70%).

I've always liked the BOAH set for Tar, however, I didn't enjoy his numerous weaknesses. I looked around for a poke that could do something similar. Swampert fits the bill; fairly bulky, good enough SpA/Att, enough HP for 101 Subs, and slow enough that he doesn't mind reducing speed. Without further introduction.... FISH.

Swampert @ Lefties
Quiet; 252 HP / 32 Att / 80 Speed / 144 SpA
- Focus Punch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

EVs generate 101 HP Subs, enough SpA to OHKO Garchompy with Ice Beam, and enough speed to get a sub up in front of standard BOAH.

Some Damage Calcs:

Focus Punch:
vs 252/252 Bold Bliss: 61.34% - 72.27%
148/252 Bold:
63.66% - 75.00%

vs 252 HP / 8 def Bronzong:
31.36% - 36.98%

Hydro Pump:
vs 252 HP no SpDEf Skarm:
58.98% - 69.46%

vs
252 HP no SpDEf Forry: 62.71% - 73.73%

vs 252 HP / 96 Spdef Bronzong:
32.25% - 37.87%

vs 252 HP / no Def Tyranitar:
111.14% - 130.69%

vs 252 HP / no SpDef Metagross:
44.23% - 51.92%
152 HP / no SpDef: 47.49% - 55.75%

vs 252 HP/ no SpDef Jirachi:
36.39% - 42.82%

Ice Beam:
vs 252 / 12 SpDef Celebi:
38.12% - 45.05%

vs 240 HP / no SpDef Tangrowth:
67.08% - 78.80%

vs 252 HP / no SpDef Zapdos:
44.27% - 52.34%
252 HP / 36 SpDef Calm:
32.29% - 38.02%

Some Defensive Calculations vs. 252 HP/ no Def / no SpDEF Swampert:
112 SpA Blissey Ice Beam:
17.08% - 20.05%

152 Att Bronzong EQ:
21.04% - 24.75%

160 Att Forry EQ:
21.29% - 25.25%

232 Att Adamant CBMeta EQ:
49.50% - 58.17%

252 Att Adamant ScarfChompy Outrage:
58.66% - 69.06%
252 Att Jolly Life Orb Grachomp EQ: 58.17% - 68.32%

252 Att Jolly TTar Crunch:
36.63% - 43.07%
252 Att Adamant CBTar Crunch:
59.90% - 70.54%

While some of those may look a little disappointing, the important thing is Bliss, Forry, and Zong can't do anything to him. He can still take a hit from 3 of the major OU physical sweepers, and in the case of Garchomp, OHKO with Ice Beam, and in the case of TTar, take his hardest hit, set up a sub, kill with Focus Punch. I have used this on shoddy to great succes but beware: Starmie, Slowbro, Tentacruel, Cresselia, Celebi, Mesprit, and Uxie all counter this. Tenta can be overcome, and Uxie/Cress/Mesprit can't do too much without Grass Knot/Energy Ball. But the rest wall it completely. Any other additional damage calculations I forgot will be added later.

I run a similar swampert set, but all physical. I figure forry and zong can't do shit to him anyway. I like the Ice Beam idea though. I might give him a try.

EDIT: I've test your Swampert but tweaked the EVs. I shifted the 80 speed into defense, to keep his bulkiness. The extra speed seemed useless to me. Anyway this move set is VERY promising. I used Surf over Hydro Pump, as it still 2HKOs all the bulky physical walls and because I like accuracy. I do miss STAB earthquake slightly though.

Problem I see with this is, any grass type is free setup bait. Breloom is the main one. Also Sword Dance Heracross would have fun with this. xD
I see the problem with grassers, yes. It could run Aerial Ace or Psychic instead of Grass Knot, but the problem with that is that countering Pursuiters like Tyranitar and Weavile take a hell of a lot of PP away from you (Weavile can actually abuse Pressure for once!).
Statup fodder is always a problem with stallsets, of course.

EDIT: tweaking the EVs is impossible, sadly. Max Hp/Def is needed to survive CBPursuit from Tyranitar. Also, which TTar set outspeeds Celebi then? I believed that at neatral speed it still outspeeds Jolly 252 TTar.

I run a similar swampert set, but all physical. I figure forry and zong can't do shit to him anyway. I like the Ice Beam idea though. I might give him a try.

EDIT: I've test your Swampert but tweaked the EVs. I shifted the 80 speed into defense, to keep his bulkiness. The extra speed seemed useless to me. Anyway this move set is VERY promising. I used Surf over Hydro Pump, as it still 2HKOs all the bulky physical walls and because I like accuracy. I do miss STAB earthquake slightly though.
Hm... at least run a few speed EVs to beat Bliss, I go up to Weezing/BOAH just because. This guy REALLY doesn't like status.

The point behind Hydro Pump is that outraces Roost vs Skarm, but I suppose surf could work as well.

ok, heres a gimmick of a charizard set:

charizard @ leftovers (M/F) blaze
calm: 252 sp.def/ 130 hp/ 55 spe/ 65 sp.atk
gives: 295 sp.def/ 329 hp/ 249 spe/ 270 sp.atk
role: special support

will-o-wisp
toxic
substtitute
flamethrower

HP Ground is an option over anything but will-o-wisp, which is useful for physical sweepers who can't OHKO you, but maybe 2-3HKO you. toxic is good for breaking walls like blissey and suicune, who aren't bothered by burn, infact, possibly benefit, with burn, they can't be paralyzed/ frozen/ poisioned. substitute allows you to survive a hit from someone who will OHKO you, you must be faster of course. flamethrower is needed for skarmory and levitate bronzong, who can't be hit by toxic, don't mine burn and can't be hit by hp ground.

counter list, and how to deal with them:

Tentacruel:

without hp ground, i suggest running, now seriously, sub on most switches to keep a good defense, so to defeat this, make sure you have a sub, or atleat max hp.

on max hp, you may survive a surf, not likely, but you can gabmble, you will strike first usually, standard tenta runs 36 speed evs, with the same base speed, and your both using calm, you will outspeed them.

hp ground will probably 2HKO, so surving the first hit is vital, but remember after ko'ing tenta, your weak and open.

unless you sub the turn before it attacks, then it will kill your sub while you 2HKO it, so... have fun sucking earth tenta

Thick fat pokemon/ water types:

RUN!!!! you have no way to defeat them, hp grass is not an option, so just run.

for thick fatters, they eat flamethrower well, i suppose burn will scare snorlax, but hairyama can take status, with guts, so its not itelligent to keep him in.

heatran, nintales, arcanine and houndoom

the first two can eat hp ground, heatran, without hp electric really can't marjonly damage you without exploding, and a charizard is not a worthy explosion target, i imagine heatran will expect a switch, possibly even launch a earth power, when you stay in and hp ground his ass, you will looked upon with much shock.

Nintales stands less of a chance, when they switch him in they'll expect you to run, and probably np up, hp ground for the K.O. and smile smuggly.

now arcanine is the tricky one, you need to have alot of prediction, predict whether its physical or special, if its special, take the hit, that probably won't OHKO you, and k.o. back with hp ground. if its physical and you stay in, your dead, you will fall to the likes of thunder fang or extreme speed, so yeah, beware the large dog.

houndoom is the same as nintales, but with less chance of surviving / doing damage with dark pulse. lol.

tyranitar and hippodown:

run, hp ground does shit all to tyranitar because of the sandstorm boost, so no hope there, hippo just hurts because of the likeliness that he will set up sr, and possibly start phazing you, while your best come back is w-o-w or toxic, toxic may ward him off, but you will have an ever going sandstorm to deal with.

stealth rock makes you cry, taking 50% of your hp, so don't go switching with SR around.

anyway, the idea is to switch into a grass attack, sub, then status/ hp ground/ flamethrower the switch.

btw, if someone could get exact caculations, that would be great.

I doubt that a defensive Charizard will work well with its base 78 hp / 85 SDef. Also, you won't surprise people with the HP ground, because most Charizard sets are physical and carry Earthquake. Double status might be cool, but there are way better options imo.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I just had to give it a try.

Arcanine @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Relaxed
188 HP/252 Def/70 Atk
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
-Overheat
-Extremespeed
-HP Ice
-Thunder Fang

Note: This is done assuming the Arcanine has these IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31.

Ironically, even with a -speed nature, it reaches 203 speed with no speed EVs, enough to outspeed an AgiliGross before an Agility. However, this set focuses more on the defense rather than offense. The EVs are for max lefties recovery, and lemme stop there for a sec. Although you could max the HP for 384 HP (optimal Lefties recovery), you wouldn't have as much EVs leftover for the defense and offense.

It needs max defense, as not even base 80 defense and Intimidate can support its horrible defensive typing. The rest can be dumped into attack.

The moveset is quite standard for Arcanine. Extremespeed gives it a strong priority move, and Overheat gives massive STAB. HP Ice is for Garchomp, and Thunder Fang is for opposing Gyaras.

Here are some calcs:

Adamant 252 Atk Heracross' (@ Choice Scarf) Close Combat does: 47.83% - 56.25%

Adamant 16 Atk Gyarados' (@ Leftovers) Waterfall with 1 DD does: 79.89% - 94.02%

Adamant 252 Atk Metagross' (@ Leftovers) EQ does: 56.25% - 66.30%

Jolly 252 Atk Dugtrio's (@ Choice Band) EQ does: 80.98% - 95.38%

Adamant 252 Atk Garchomp's (@ Choice Scarf) EQ does: 82.07% - 96.74%

Impish 6 Atk Gliscor's (@ Leftovers) EQ does: 47.83% - 56.25%

Impish 6 Atk Donphan's (@ Leftovers) EQ does: 58.15% - 68.48%

You have to admit that's pretty impressive for arguably some of the most common switch-ins. It survives a hit from all providing they don't crit.

BUT BARTENDO, IT'S A 2HKO FROM MOST IF NOT ALL. OH NOEZ!!! Well, that's what you have a strong priority move for in Extremespeed.

Let's take a look at the calcs on the offensive side of the ball.

Arcanine's Overheat does to 6 HP Adamant Heracross: 157.28% - 185.10% (after a -1 sp def from Close Combat)

Arcanine's Thunder Fang to 212 HP/180 Def Adamant Gyarados: 56.77% - 66.93%

Arcanine's Overheat does to 104 HP Adamant Metagross: 101.83% - 119.57%

Arcanine's Extremespeed to 6 HP Jolly Dugtrio does: 54.72% - 64.15%

Arcanine's HP Ice to a 6 HP Adamant Garchomp does: 65.92% - 77.37%

Arcanine's HP Ice to a 6 HP Naughty Garchomp does: 73.18% - 86.03%

Arcanine's HP Ice to a 252 HP Impish Gliscor does:73.45% - 86.44%

Arcanine's Overheat to a 252 HP Impish Gliscor does: 54.52% - 64.12%

Arcanine's Overheat to a 252 HP Impish Donphan does: 59.64% - 70.31%

While that's impressive, it's a bit of a dissappointment. Obviously this Arcanine isn't safe on switch-ins from stuff like the above, but it can come in on the OHKO and likely finish it off. All the calcs were done without the use of a Life Orb, but Life Orb is really suicide on something that you want to take a hit with.

I'm not really sure if this is more of me trying to think of a novelty set or something that could actually work, but hey, it's worth a try.

^ The defenive calcs factored in Intimidate, right?

Arcanine's defensive stats actually aren't too bad , especially after Intimidate, though the SR weak hurts it. Fire does have the second most resistances of all the types.

^ The defenive calcs factored in Intimidate, right?

Arcanine's defensive stats actually aren't too bad , especially after Intimidate, though the SR weak hurts it. Fire does have the second most resistances of all the types.
Yes, with Intimidate, if I did the calcs correctly.

Fire may have the second most resistances, but it also doesn't like ground types (physical) nor bulky waters, which are on nearly every team.

The calcs do look pretty nice, but in the end I think it just takes too much damage from all the moves. I still want to know what you all think of it though.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Remember, with Metagross, you can't factor in Intimidate because Metagross has Clear Body, so I'd imagine Arcanine taking a lot more damage than that from his Earthquake.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
gravity machamp:

machamp@burn orb
248HP/252attack/8 speed
adamant
guts
-dynamic punch
-stone edge/thunder punch
-fling/earthquake/ice punch
-fling/eartquake/ice punch

in gravity all pokemon get a -2 evation modifier OR a + 2 acuricy modifier, this means that dynamicpunch can be used without no-guard alowing machamp to use its two best stratergys simaltaniously, guts and dynamicpunch.

burn orb: gives machamp a 1.5x attack boost and a status imunity, in exchange for 12.5% health each turn.

252 HP: Gives it a chance against non super efective sp. attacks, but you could move some of these evs to defence or speed.

252 attack and adamant: urm.... so it has more attack?

dynamicpunch: in gravity it has.... dam the D/P reserch thread is confuseing... and the answer is.... no-one knows. oh well it has better acurisy and will confuse if it hits.

fling: is a one time use auto burn + 30 base power dark attack, a bit gimiky but who would expect a machamp to burn them? anyway it could be replace by EQ or one of the punches.

stone edge: hits flyers hard but they are hurt by gravity earthquake, has more power than thunderpunch but hits waters less hard. it has 100% acuricy in gravity.

thunderpunch: overall a better option than stone edge it alows you to beat bulky waters and gyra

earthquake: under gravity this will take on such threats as skarmory and bronzong.

ice punch: alows it to blast the dragons, and poison/grass pokemon.

because the guts boost gives machamp almost 600 Atk, I'd go for hitting everything neutral instead of super effectives. I suggest:
Thunderpunch & Ice Punch (psuedo BoltBeam), Dynamicpunch (STAB), and Earthquake (Gravity abuse). Stone Edge with 100% acc. sounds cool, but the types it hits Super Effective are already covered.
The Fling thing is nice, but you want to sweep, so I think it's kind of a waste of a moveslot.
Gravity only lasts 5 turns, and you'll need to switch in if you play one-on-one, so Toxic Orb is probably better because it does less damage then Burn Orb.
A speed pryority move can probably be very usefull, seeing as machamp is rather slow. Sadly, the only speed pryority Machamp learns is the terribly typed Bullet Punch.

Riolu @Choice Band
Brave (+ Atk, - Spd)
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 HP/ 6 Sp. Def.
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Blaze Kick
-Earthquake

CBRiolu. Sure, laugh it up now. You won't be laughing when you're force-fed a STAB Hi Jump Kick off of a CB-produced 393 Attack stat.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, needs Trick Room support, hence the -Spd nature.

Riolu @Choice Band
Brave (+ Atk, - Spd)
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 HP/ 6 Sp. Def.
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Blaze Kick
-Earthquake

CBRiolu. Sure, laugh it up now. You won't be laughing when you're force-fed a STAB Hi Jump Kick off of a CB-produced 393 Attack stat.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, needs Trick Room support, hence the -Spd nature.
Cool thinking you are not weak to Ground, fire and Fight now atleast.

for a floatzel with rain dance back uP

floatzel w/ leftover
252atk/124def/124sdef/8spe
___
8 speed evs and 31 speed IVS gives floatzel 270 speed @ level 100, so with the swift swim boost that is about 405, so everything in OU will be outsped

and the defence EVs are there becuase normaly his defence is just TOO low

Gengar @ Life Orb
Levitate
EVs: 22 HP/44 Atk/176 Spd/16 SAtk/252 SDef
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

The new McGar? Maybe. 104 Satk Bliss won't be breaking these subs. 2HKO's Max/Max bold Blisseys with Focus Punch. Enough speed for Neutral 115's and + Speed 100's. Rest in Satk. Has Ghost/Fight coverage. Tbolt for Skarm who walls this otherwise.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Levitate
EVs: 22 HP/44 Atk/176 Spd/16 SAtk/252 SDef
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

The new McGar? Maybe. 104 Satk Bliss won't be breaking these subs. 2HKO's Max/Max bold Blisseys with Focus Punch. Enough speed for Neutral 115's and + Speed 100's. Rest in Satk. Has Ghost/Fight coverage. Tbolt for Skarm who walls this otherwise.
I saw one of those on shoddy, It worked fairly well, especially as it focus punched as I switched my bliss in.

yea ofcourse, electorde aswel but thats always with sets like these :P
CS???
choice scarf. also, you'll get outsped or tie with every pokémon that tries to outspeed Scarfcross, which lots of pokémon do (DDers, Agilgross)

EDIT: @ gengarset, give us some calculations please, it looks good.

choice scarf. also, you'll get outsped or tie with every pokémon that tries to outspeed Scarfcross, which lots of pokémon do (DDers, Agilgross)
oh right
only choice skarfers Ive ever met ar garchomp/heathran/pz etc. the basic ones

not a new spread but I am wondering if someone could help me with this Drifblim set for UU and even to take into others if need be

Drifblim@Petaya Berry
Unburden
Nature: This is one of my biggest problems wether to go speed or Sp.Atk
Ev's: Again not sure how this should go, I'm thinking 252 Sp.Atk and Speed and probably 6 Hp
~ Endure
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt/Psychic
~ Destiny Bond

Well that's the setup Endure to Petaya and Unburden up then Sweep until somthing that I cant ohko comes in and Dbond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)