SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Okay, can you all stop believing pastes which presents stats so optimized it looks like a fangame? We don't have any stats or movepools.
Eh. Last gen I would've agreed with you but this gen we got several Pokemon that looked like something out of a romhack rather than an official Pokemon game. Flutter mane, Iron Bundle, Chi Yu, Chien Pao, the two boxarts even (partially due to their abilities). So it's not AS unbelievable. Still taking it with a grain of salt.

Ogerpon-Base/Teal's base Speed looks like absolute bull because Ogerpon-Base/Teal doesn't look fast at all in the trailers. I still stand by my Base 90-100 Speed guess.
I wouldn't base thoughts of what a mon will be based on what it LOOKS like. Plenty of Pokemon LOOK fast and end up super slow, and vice versa.

Balance-wise, though, if Blood Moon really is a Gigaton Hammer clone, Ursaluna-Blood-Moon not getting STAB on it makes sense. ...And you'd think that post would mention Blood Moon being auto-Tormented.
We already know Blood Moon is mechanically a Gigaton Hammer clone, the move descriptions (no types, or stats for them) were leaked by the same guy who leaked the dex images.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Top 10 Chokes In Pokémon Leaking

Number 9

They also gave us the rundown on the new "Blood Moon Ursaluna". This variant of Ursaluna is more akin to Legendary Pokémon, with a boosted Base Stat Total similar to Roaring Moon (590), Walking Wake (590), Iron Valiant (590), and Iron Leaves (590).
Blood Moon Ursaluna (Ground/Steel)
BST: 570
HP//ATK//DEF//SPA//SPD//SPE
125//140//115//30//100//80

Plenty of Pokemon LOOK fast and end up super slow
Shoutouts to aLOLa! :psysly:

Do we have actual content/story spoilers? I'm not exactly sure about what the deal with the Teal Mask actually is. It kind of reminds me of the Crown Tundra being pretty much a bunch of legendaries with not a lot to actually do besides D-Max Adventures.

Ogerpon-Base/Teal's base Speed looks like absolute bull because Ogerpon-Base/Teal doesn't look fast at all in the trailers. I still stand by my Base 90-100 Speed guess.
Small heads-up: this "leak" is obviously fake and made by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, buuut remember that Teal Mask Ogerpon is the one whose Embody Aspect boosts its Speed.
I guarantee this will not be less than a +1 boost (recall that Protosynthesis and Quark Drive singled out Speed to boost it by the same amount as a +1, even though every other stat was only 30%).
This form is going to be defined by its Speed almost no matter what, regardless of appearances - even something like base 79 would be faster than Dragapult (the fastest relevant unboosted Pokémon right now) with Embody Aspect factored in.
Your guess of base 90 to 100 is actually a bit higher than I would have guessed on my own, to be honest! but that's because we need to factor the free Speed boost into any predictions. Still, there's a lot of Speed creep this Gen and it does have some Booster Energy users to compete with, so it's true that (almost) anything is possible O:

Um. Or of course you could just go and give it pseudo-base 250 Speed for no reason like this guy : D It's not even close to the most obviously wrong thing here either way asdjfk
I don't even know why so many of these fake leakers seem to think Ogerpon is a restricted Legendary though

Do we have actual content/story spoilers? I'm not exactly sure about what the deal with the Teal Mask actually is. It kind of reminds me of the Crown Tundra being pretty much a bunch of legendaries with not a lot to actually do besides D-Max Adventures.
So far we don't know the deal with the Teal Mask other than it prolly being the form that allows Ogrepon to have a super tera form when/if those actually become a thing we can use (likely when we can get Terapagos). Teal Mask seems to very much so be a prelude to Indigo Disk. It's basically our Isle of Armor that's supposed to hold us off until Indigo Disk, just this time with a much shorter gap in between the two thankfully.

RoiDadadou

Banned deucer.
Eh. Last gen I would've agreed with you but this gen we got several Pokemon that looked like something out of a romhack rather than an official Pokemon game. Flutter mane, Iron Bundle, Chi Yu, Chien Pao, the two boxarts even (partially due to their abilities). So it's not AS unbelievable. Still taking it with a grain of salt.

I wouldn't base thoughts of what a mon will be based on what it LOOKS like. Plenty of Pokemon LOOK fast and end up super slow, and vice versa.
I'm talking about the fakes with 20/30 SpA, etc. There's so few Mon like this, and they're often very specific gimmick Mon, like Shuckle or Smeargle. It's a big red flag.

It's new story content in a new area...there's not really a lot to say about it at this point, especially depending on what it is you actually want out of the expansion.
It will probably be more involved than Isle of Armor? There seems to be more emphasis on the story, characters, and cutscenes.
Kitakami itself seems like it'll be a decent chunk to explore
We know there's a minigame to play.
Perrin's got a sidequest going in the Timeless Woods

MaahirMomtaz12

I COULD BE BANNED!
So far we don't know the deal with the Teal Mask other than it prolly being the form that allows Ogrepon to have a super tera form when/if those actually become a thing we can use (likely when we can get Terapagos). Teal Mask seems to very much so be a prelude to Indigo Disk. It's basically our Isle of Armor that's supposed to hold us off until Indigo Disk, just this time with a much shorter gap in between the two thankfully.
It's confirmed that you have to complete Teal Mask in order to do Indigo Disk

I'm talking about the fakes with 20/30 SpA, etc. There's so few Mon like this, and they're often very specific gimmick Mon, like Shuckle or Smeargle. It's a big red flag.
There's... one Pokemon in that "leak" though. And it's not unheard of to have such a low stat as a fully evolved Pokemon. Stonejourner has 20 spdef and spatk. Heck mega beedrill has 15 spatk. I'm sure there are other examples I'm forgetting.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Least we forget the S/V prerelease Pokemon name "leak"
View attachment 550014
View attachment 550016
Oh yeah not sure if I ever came clean about this but the Ungaboonguss name list fake leak was made by me and some friends over in the Pet Mods discord server as a joke. We had given these names to refer to the leaked mons to make it easier to talk about them since at the time all we had were random images by Khu so having names to refer to each of them made things easier. We then thought "Hey it would be funny if we tried to pass this off as a fake leak" and we didn't really expectit to gain any traction (Specially since by the time we released it, the game had already begun leaking) but we quickly got thousands of views on the pastebin, it was pretty fun to watch it spread as much as it did

All of this also happened
1694303287543.png

Guess it goes to show anyone can type something in Pastebin and try to pass it as real, eh?

Oh yeah not sure if I ever came clean about this but the Ungaboonguss name list fake leak was made by me and some friends over in the Pet Mods discord server as a joke. We had given these names to refer to the leaked mons to make it easier to talk about them since at the time all we had were random images by Khu so having names to refer to each of them made things easier. We then thought "Hey it would be funny if we tried to pass this off as a fake leak" and we didn't really expectit to gain any traction (Specially since by the time we released it, the game had already begun leaking) but we quickly got thousands of views on the pastebin, it was pretty fun to watch it spread as much as it did

All of this also happened
View attachment 550035

Guess it goes to show anyone can type something in Pastebin and try to pass it as real, eh?
Y e s this was so much fun hsmfhfmgj
I didn't contribute as much as everyone else, but Quaffure, Abundunce, Avestrut, Ryumami and Mystereavus are ones I remember being mine! I also helped a bit with making up a dex order.
I... think Constumble also came from me spitballing several mediocre options when Aquatic wanted to push the tumbleweeds as sheriffs, but I wasn't very happy with it and didn't expect us to go with it - I was kinda hoping someone would think of something better P:

Salanthrope wasn't my own name, but I think I was the one who was trying to push for Salamence to be werewolf-adjacent in general (actually, I remember suggesting Lycamence, but I think we changed it because it sounded as much like Lycanroc as Salamence?)

other fun anecdote: uhhh...
CD65152F-70CA-43D9-89E4-8582B69C028C.jpeg

edit: this was the whole paste if anyone else wants to reminisce P:

Genuinely I don't think we should be paying attention to any of these 4chan pastebin leaks

it just feels like the latest "leak meta" for everyone to follow the leader on
for some reaosn
I mean it's more likely bs, but it's also not like there is much else to do at this point with the dlc dropping in less than 4 days. We're that close that I could see a leak coming and being legit. Though probably not worth trusting through 4chan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)