Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Another Legendary I will only use dailies on - already maxed a Lugia half a year ago after its departure. What I find more interesting is the "improved" Sky Attack, as it could not only improve Lugia's status as a Pokemon but also introduce a move rebalance that has been lacking for a while.

It has great movepool, what it lacks is CP (due to lower attack, its the only major legendary without the standart nerf and yet is still the weakest) and a role, because you cant put it in a gym (where it would thrive, not only does it have fantastic defensive stats, but is also an ultimate counter to Machamp, a very common gym attacker

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Sadly not Chanderule. I've heard it's p solid though.

Some notes to summarize what's happening after today:

1) Goodbye Rayquaza. Lugia should start spawning now. Sky Attack has been buffed from 70 to 80 power, so it enjoys that slight buff. Sky Attack in general is now one of the best charge moves in the game. Yes, currently existing Lugia already have the buff.
2) SHINY LUGIA IS OUT
3) Niantic has confirmed that the exclusive move Venusaur will get in Community Day is Frenzy Plant! In the code, it is a 100 Power 2 bar move akin to Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam. This is very good and meta-relevant, so get your Bulbasaur ready in anticipation!
4) Speculation, but Venusaur's model was updated in the screenshot that showcases Frenzy Plant; this points to a potential shiny release, so get hype for that as well.

Last edited:
New bosses are out, including Piloswine (welcome back you pathetic excuse for a raid boss), Gengar, Jynx, Electabuzz, Manectric, and the (previously) undefeatable Jolteon

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
All Lugia answers. Niantic has basically taken this formula of introducing raid bosses that help with a currently existing Legendary Raid Boss - it's quite profitable and definitely a step in the right direction. It not only helps players in being able to get the legendary in a limited time frame, but also introduces a challenge for veterans to solo and spices things up.

This actually makes me feel hopeful that they'll after this do Hou-ou.
Not only I had only caught so few because of time constraints, that may also mean when Hou-ou comes Vaporeon is also included in T3 raids. My most reason to solo T3 would come again. With excess of Raid Pass from Xmas sale and need to fill the raid medal, I might bust myself these passes.
I don't care if Milotic outperforms her defensively; she doesn't at all when I want pre-raid timewaster.

I'll be saving coins again to hope for Raid Pass sale, although difficult.

Anyway, came across this detail on the updates. I'm just hoping the iOS unresponsive gym bug is solved, I'm afraid it is slowly hurting my iPhone each time it happens....

The PokeStop submission... looks like in the future we can have this like in Ingress. I happen to live upward away from the main town and is deprived of stops unless I go to campus everyday, and also happen to have a neighbor who has a fancy thing on their house, and I'm nearly Lv40 too. I want that Pokestop....

Quest on AR catch though... something I'll never get unless I get newest phone, which won't happen in eternity....:pikuh:

It's the escape bonus multiplier that interests me now in the end. Unconfirmed, but... this may solve the hurt feelings of having that Kyogre or whatever escaping after at least 8-10 Excellents.

More like shiny Rayquaza

But that will probably take some time
Maybe all upcomming legendaries will have a shiny probability? I just hope they will reduce it (lets say 1:128, 7 bits?)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
At first I had mixed feelings about re-releasing lugia as the raid boss, though the chance of it being shiny along with a 100% catch rate when it is shiny does help wanting to raid it again for sure. I was happy for a friend of mine that not only caught a shiny lugia but it had 100% IVs as well, something I have not yet seen nor caught in any raid, neither legendary nor regular, so I'm determined to get at least one if possible. The only ones I powered up lately was a 95% rayquaza up to level 32.5 according to a breakpoint calculation vs lugia and also recently caught a 100% IV larvitar and even a dragonite thanks to a local tracker I have access to.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
At first I had mixed feelings about re-releasing lugia as the raid boss, though the chance of it being shiny along with a 100% catch rate when it is shiny does help wanting to raid it again for sure. I was happy for a friend of mine that not only caught a shiny lugia but it had 100% IVs as well, something I have not yet seen nor caught in any raid, neither legendary nor regular, so I'm determined to get at least one if possible. The only ones I powered up lately was a 95% rayquaza up to level 32.5 according to a breakpoint calculation vs lugia and also recently caught a 100% IV larvitar and even a dragonite thanks to a local tracker I have access to.
Wow, your tracker found a fully evolved 100 IV Dragonite, pre-evolved? What level was it?

More like shiny Rayquaza

But that will probably take some time
Maybe all upcomming legendaries will have a shiny probability? I just hope they will reduce it (lets say 1:128, 7 bits?)
I say Mewtwo because it is currently out and won’t have to “return”, plus Rayquaza has soooo much competition from Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom, Reshiram, and even just Dragonite currently.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Nothing confirmed but from how it reads it might be everything. We won't truly know until tomorrow.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Done lots of Lugia raids so far not one shiny. Got a derp 10/10/10 with CP of 1969 and a 98% (only flaw was defense at 14) with CP of 2053 at least. I have over 400 rare candies now was going to save them only for certain legendaries, was waiting for the next double candy event whenever that would be in order to transfer a bunch of legendaries I intend to never use again, not sure when that may be.

all mine have been bad... best one so far a freaking 82 weather boosted :( not even had the joy of the 10/10/10... my shiny is 10/10/11.. which is worse :P

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Done lots of Lugia raids so far not one shiny. Got a derp 10/10/10 with CP of 1969 and a 98% (only flaw was defense at 14) with CP of 2053 at least. I have over 400 rare candies now was going to save them only for certain legendaries, was waiting for the next double candy event whenever that would be in order to transfer a bunch of legendaries I intend to never use again, not sure when that may be.
I would save them for Mewtwo.

They may bring back Legendaries over and over again, especially between generations, but the one constant Pokémon, Mewtwo, has also been the most “Exclusive”.

Why invest in something you can catch for weeks on end (Lugia, etc.), if you can just pour them into your Mewtwo since you never know when you will catch it again, and never know if it will be switched out at any given moment.

Mew, Celebi. Jirachi, Deoxys, since they are mythical they may be the next Ex Raid.

Mewtwo is also the best investment.

Kyogre competes with Palkia (not too far away), Rayquaza competes with sooooo many Dragons, Groudon competes with Rhyperior (not too far away), and who does Mewtwo have to worry about?

Plus it gets 2 Megas, so it can handle its Dark Type Weakness with MMX.

It’s simply the best use of Rare Candy since it’s the only way to boost them up.

The maps are down, hm? Everyone's in chaos now.

Anyway, sometimes I consider... like I want to buy new cheap phone (maybe used iPhone 5s), around lv30 account, and start spoofing while separated from my main account and whiten some people's "home" gyms, in name of personal vendetta against some people whom I find disgusting to even exist in this world of Pokemon, while keeping facade that I know nothing, plunging them into chaos. Staying in growing community, now I see past certain numbers of members, toxicity builds up and I came across people who qualify better in Team Rocket than in Team Mystic even without spoofing. Although then again I don't have the heart to betray my own world like them myself, do I?
Anyone ever has problem with their own community?

Addition: It is even more of a dilemma when I then see most people there have multiple accounts. It is rampant problem, arguably even more than spoofing (at least I can beat them). So take a dose of bullying, and another does of cheating, and bonus powerlessness to stand up against them to make a fun experience in game /s. I wonder why I'm still sticking with them... but I wish I live in major cities....

I suppose I should revisit my roots as a soloist. Piloswine is still there, and if Hou-ou comes Vaporeon pretty likely comes as well, and just hope to find Lugia raids I can slip in....

Last edited:
there is a big issue with spoofers where I am atm.. huge chunk of the community, the main ones are complete a-holes, don't even know why they bother because they cheat to such an extent the only achievement left is catching 2x XL or 2xs level 35 100% IV's... they also do the local gyms so all that lame junk ends up sat in those. 2 people moved near a gym a gym I can see, yet they insist on taking it at stupid times like between 11pm-12am (aka right before coin changeover time) boot them out they take it at 2am.. 4am.... was just so freaking annoying trying to earn the gold badge, just that ONE GYM, not any of the others near it... there isn't an excuse for taking a gym at 11:50pm if you live next to it..

As for spoofers, did raid earlier, and lost out on yet another Lugia because of a spoofer swiping the gym from red to yellow with a 5* egg on it, then didn't even do the raid, ex raid a few weeks back, the regular main spoofers locked down the gym for hours using air support berries (which they used to do for every 5* back when the dogs were out. yet all Niantic do is shut down trackers, yet ignore spoofers who are reported multiple times, with proof, one guy even targets people for petty things, one guy got targeted by them because they knocked out his GF... admitted doing it for that reason, dunno if they got reported, but seriously? Niantic do nothing even when you send them proof they are doing these things, proof of spoofing/teleporting (UK phone network... clock showing midnight, yet at a daytime raid...) and proof of them targeting and causing agro.. I just do not get it at all.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
The maps are down, hm? Everyone's in chaos now.

Anyway, sometimes I consider... like I want to buy new cheap phone (maybe used iPhone 5s), around lv30 account, and start spoofing while separated from my main account and whiten some people's "home" gyms, in name of personal vendetta against some people whom I find disgusting to even exist in this world of Pokemon, while keeping facade that I know nothing, plunging them into chaos. Staying in growing community, now I see past certain numbers of members, toxicity builds up and I came across people who qualify better in Team Rocket than in Team Mystic even without spoofing. Although then again I don't have the heart to betray my own world like them myself, do I?
Anyone ever has problem with their own community?

Addition: It is even more of a dilemma when I then see most people there have multiple accounts. It is rampant problem, arguably even more than spoofing (at least I can beat them). So take a dose of bullying, and another does of cheating, and bonus powerlessness to stand up against them to make a fun experience in game /s. I wonder why I'm still sticking with them... but I wish I live in major cities....

I suppose I should revisit my roots as a soloist. Piloswine is still there, and if Hou-ou comes Vaporeon pretty likely comes as well, and just hope to find Lugia raids I can slip in....
Buy a new iPod Touch, it’ll be cheaper and it’s software won’t stop being updated soon. Remember, Niantic might just make 5C and even 6S obsolete in a year’s time. iPod Touch are still sold updated and won’t be old (battery life and slower functionally intentionally done by Apple on older products).

there is a big issue with spoofers where I am atm.. huge chunk of the community, the main ones are complete a-holes, don't even know why they bother because they cheat to such an extent the only achievement left is catching 2x XL or 2xs level 35 100% IV's... they also do the local gyms so all that lame junk ends up sat in those. 2 people moved near a gym a gym I can see, yet they insist on taking it at stupid times like between 11pm-12am (aka right before coin changeover time) boot them out they take it at 2am.. 4am.... was just so freaking annoying trying to earn the gold badge, just that ONE GYM, not any of the others near it... there isn't an excuse for taking a gym at 11:50pm if you live next to it..

As for spoofers, did raid earlier, and lost out on yet another Lugia because of a spoofer swiping the gym from red to yellow with a 5* egg on it, then didn't even do the raid, ex raid a few weeks back, the regular main spoofers locked down the gym for hours using air support berries (which they used to do for every 5* back when the dogs were out. yet all Niantic do is shut down trackers, yet ignore spoofers who are reported multiple times, with proof, one guy even targets people for petty things, one guy got targeted by them because they knocked out his GF... admitted doing it for that reason, dunno if they got reported, but seriously? Niantic do nothing even when you send them proof they are doing these things, proof of spoofing/teleporting (UK phone network... clock showing midnight, yet at a daytime raid...) and proof of them targeting and causing agro.. I just do not get it at all.
Niantic doesn’t hate spoofing...
Remember when the original flat 4 hour softban was negated by just spinning Pokestops 40 times?

Then they cut the softban to just 2 hours?

The only people who buy mass Raid Passes are people who plan to raid often, aka people who can do it whenever they want.

Life doesn’t reward hard work (look at sweatshops). They reward you based on where you are in life, your assets, and what you know.

Why waste more time to achieve the same results?
Cheating in Pokémon Go isn’t like cutting someone in line, it’s more like choosing the Carpool lane when you are driving alone. It’s “against the rules” but you aren’t blocking others. The destination you end up with cares about when you arrive, not how.

Last edited:
So Community Day just ended for me and I made some observations.

One was that the catch rate for Bulbasaur was increased for the duration of the event. Glad they did this as the normal catch rate for Bulbasaur is atrocious. Due to the higher catch rate, I managed to nab most Bulbasaurs in the first ball with the help of a curved great or excellent throw.

Another was that shinies seemed to be less plentiful than the previous Community Day. Only caught 3 shinies this time around as compared to 15 during the Dratini one. Although this could just have been bad RNG on my end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)