SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

View attachment 205240

According to the datamine, only Celebi can learn Heal Bell. However, the Eeveelutions have had access to Heal Bell in previous generations. If I were to transfer over a Gen VI Sylveon into SwSh, will the game ask me to delete the move (a la Pursuit)?
You should be able to transfer it as the move still exists.

It's a weird removal, though.

(Also, Kommo-o still cannot learn Shell Smash to replicate that illegal Battle Tree set from SM)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I checked Klinklang, one of my favourite 'mons despite ... umm ... everything. With a new generation, surely it would get a few new tricks up its sleeves(?!?), right?

Oh, look, it gets Power Gem now! And ... it's otherwise completely unchanged. Or, wait, Gear Grind (its best STAB by far) is moved from level 16 to level 32.

And it still rides the train of Plus/Minus even as all the other passengers have got off. The Klink line and Toxtricity are the sole users of Plus, while the Klink line and the Electrike line (HA only) are the sole Minus users. That's right, the Klink line still got both those (functionally identical) abilities, apparently for the purpose of boosting Klinklang's base 70 SpA to become a special attacker (hence the addition of Power Gem to a movepool that currently only has Steel, Electric and Normal-type moves in it). In any other circumstances, its base 100 Attack is a much more powerful stat, but it only learns Steel and Normal-type physical moves, plus Wild Charge. Oh, and Return is no more, so it'll have to rely on Facade for Normal-type coverage.

So the Klink line is still as useless as ever; arguably even more than before since its best move has been shifted from the early-game to mid-late-game. Klang still evolves at level 49. Maybe it could be situationally useful alongside Toxtricity if the game has plenty of Double battles, but I'm not really holding my breath on that front.

...so yeah, I'm not using Klink in SwSh. I used it when I last ran through USUM, that'll be enough for a while.

YES, ma boi Appletun gets Thick Fat as HA. Almost called cause pie. Also Body Press, imagine being pressed to death by apple pie.

Did anyone see anything giving him a niche in doubles, accept for maybe teatime+ripen? I'm more of a doubles guy.

I checked Klinklang, one of my favourite 'mons despite ... umm ... everything. With a new generation, surely it would get a few new tricks up its sleeves(?!?), right?

Oh, look, it gets Power Gem now! And ... it's otherwise completely unchanged. Or, wait, Gear Grind (its best STAB by far) is moved from level 16 to level 32.

And it still rides the train of Plus/Minus even as all the other passengers have got off. The Klink line and Toxtricity are the sole users of Plus, while the Klink line and the Electrike line (HA only) are the sole Minus users. That's right, the Klink line still got both those (functionally identical) abilities, apparently for the purpose of boosting Klinklang's base 70 SpA to become a special attacker (hence the addition of Power Gem to a movepool that currently only has Steel, Electric and Normal-type moves in it). In any other circumstances, its base 100 Attack is a much more powerful stat, but it only learns Steel and Normal-type physical moves, plus Wild Charge. Oh, and Return is no more, so it'll have to rely on Facade for Normal-type coverage.

So the Klink line is still as useless as ever; arguably even more than before since its best move has been shifted from the early-game to mid-late-game. Klang still evolves at level 49. Maybe it could be situationally useful alongside Toxtricity if the game has plenty of Double battles, but I'm not really holding my breath on that front.

...so yeah, I'm not using Klink in SwSh. I used it when I last ran through USUM, that'll be enough for a while.
I feel you ... ^^"

Same with Seaking line.
It didn’t even get Liquidation and didn’t receive any stat buffs in 20+ years. Movepool is actually completely unchanged apart from LOSING knock-off.
Sucks when your fav made the cut but is even worse than before.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Are the move lists complete, btw.?
they are missing tutor moves, yes, since you don't see stuff like blast burn or draco meteor

New Close Combat users from previous gens: Farfetch’d (Both forms lol), Mew, Crawdaunt, Scrafty, Escavalier, Haxorus, Golurk, Rufflet, Braviary, Pangoro, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Incineroar, Bewear, Golisopod and Solgaleo.
game freak: let's nerf aegislash
also game freak:

For lower tier/"boring" pokemon, Orbeetle is looking like it'll make for a nice scout thanks to U-Turn and Frisk.

they are missing tutor moves, yes, since you don't see stuff like blast burn or draco meteor
Okay, then Steel Beam is most likely a new Tutor move ... that confused me a bit, because it was so praised as something special from Duraludon ^^"

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
New Close Combat users from previous gens: Farfetch’d (Both forms lol), Mew, Crawdaunt, Scrafty, Escavalier, Haxorus, Golurk, Rufflet, Braviary, Pangoro, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Incineroar, Bewear, Golisopod and Solgaleo.
Something Riolu here forgot to mention... ...Conkeldurr gets CC now. GOD DAMNIT STOP CUCKING MACHAMP GF

Has Shadow Punch/Claw gotten a buff? Please tell me Shadow Punch/Claw got a buff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)