Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Galarian Articuno's signature move is a special psychic-type move that has a chance to freeze enemies.
Galarian Zapdos's signature move is a physical fighting-type move that can lower enemy defense.
Galarian Moltres's signature move is a special dark-type move that has a chance to flinch enemies.

Regidraco's signature move is a dragon-type move that has greater power the more HP Regidraco has.
Regieleki's signature move is a special electric-type move that traps enemies in an electric barrier for 4-5 turns.

Siggu I have answers for you here.
A dark type move with a chance to flinch eh. I guess moltres will be getting a better dark pulse then

To add into this, they are at Level 5, have two IVs at 31, and the rest at 15.

They might have a fixed Nature as well, as I doubt it's a coincidence that I got a Modest Sobble (with perfect Speed and Special Attack), a Jolly Scorbunny (with perfect Speed and Attack) and an Adamant Grookey (with perfect HP and Attack).

To add into this, they are at Level 5, have two IVs at 31, and the rest at 15.

They might have a fixed Nature as well, as I doubt it's a coincidence that I got a Modest Sobble (with perfect Speed and Special Attack), a Jolly Scorbunny (with perfect Speed and Attack) and an Adamant Grookey (with perfect HP and Attack).
Luckily fixed natures are no longer an issue thanks to based mints.

By the way, we now know, from the english website, that Shell Side Arm, Galarian Slowbro's signature move, is a Poison-type move that might poison the target, and it works like Photon Geyser (though it might be different, as it says that it depends on what will damage the target the most). Galarian Slowbro has a new ability.

Gigantamax Venusaur and Blastoise's G-Max moves have the same effect as Gigantamax Charizard's: they deal damage to Pokémon that are not of their primary type (Grass and Water).

Unseen Fist, Urshifu's signature ability, allows contact moves to bypass protection effects. Both of its signature moves always deal critical hits.

Galarian Zapdos has Defiant.
Galarian Moltres has Berserk.
Galarian Articuno has Competitive.
Regieleki and Regidraco's abilities (Transistor and Dragon's Maw) are brand-new, but the website descriptions seem to imply they boost Electric and Dragon-type damage, respectively.

Steel-types in Galar: "Life is so wonderful without Magnet Pull"
Magnezone: "Hai"

I... kind of expected some information about the Crown Tundra's release date, but nope.
To be fair though, Magnezone lost HP Fire giving Scizor and Ferrothorn more breathing room unless they give Magnezone a Fire Move to compensate.

Anyway content wise, this does look pretty exciting. While the areas look more complex than the base Wild area, the returning Pokémon are my favorite part. Wonderful to see that Dragalge and Swablu are returning. ( RIP Mega Altaria. )

It nice to see revises for the Legendary Birds, especially Articuno, who seems to be getting the more special treatment probably be because it was the rarest in competitive play.

And last thought: Do people really think DP remakes are in Gen 8. Dialga and Palkia are confirmed as raid bosses. Wouldn’t that be a bizarre choice for marketing to make the mascots of a remake avalible in the current games? It would remove a selling point of a remake.

Gigantamax Venusaur and Blastoise's G-Max moves have the same effect as Gigantamax Charizard's: they deal damage to Pokémon that are not of their primary type (Grass and Water).
I guess that's better than the predicted effects of them setting the other pledge moves. Venu is already good in vgc, G-max Ven setting swamp would be so busted. :P

Galarian Zapdos has Defiant.
Galarian Moltres has Berserk.
Galarian Articuno has Competitive.
Regieleki and Regidraco's abilities (Transistor and Dragon's Maw) are brand-new, but the website descriptions seem to imply they boost Electric and Dragon-type damage, respectively.
Honestly a bit surprised at the birds' types and/or abilities given that the designs lean more heavily on ice/electric/fire. (Flavor text even says that Zapdos' wings have atrophied and Articuno uses its psychic powers to levitate!) I was expecting that if they were going to keep flying that the abilities might be a Dhelmise-esque ability that gives stab to their original types (maybe they have hidden abilities that do?). The signature move names all keep reference to the original types, but it sounds like only Articuno's does in its freeze chance. A little bit less excited for these guys now.

SINGLE STRIKE STYLE URSHIFU’S SIGNATURE MOVE: WICKED BLOW!
An Urshifu that has followed the path of darkness can unleash this single, severe blow. This move always results in a critical hit, allowing Urshifu to attack while ignoring the target’s stat changes.

RAPID STRIKE STYLE URSHIFU’S SIGNATURE MOVE: SURGING STRIKES!
An Urshifu that has followed the path of water can unleash this flowing three-hit combo. This move always results in critical hits, allowing Urshifu to attack while ignoring the target’s stat changes.

THE G-MAX MOVES G-MAX ONE BLOW AND G-MAX RAPID FLOW
Dark-type attacks used by Single Strike Style Gigantamax Urshifu will change to G-Max One Blow. Water-type attacks used by Rapid Strike Style Gigantamax Urshifu will change to G-Max Rapid Flow. G-Max One Blow and G-Max Rapid Flow can deal damage even if a target defends itself by using moves like Max Guard or Protect.

ABILITY: UNSEEN FIST
Unseen Fist is a new Ability introduced with this expansion and one that only Single Strike Style Urshifu and Rapid Strike Style Urshifu have.

This Ability lets the Pokémon deal damage when it attacks with moves that make direct contact, even if the target defends itself by using moves like Protect.

Uhhhh can we talk about these beasts right here???

ABILITY: UNSEEN FIST
Unseen Fist is a new Ability introduced with this expansion and one that only Single Strike Style Urshifu and Rapid Strike Style Urshifu have.

This Ability lets the Pokémon deal damage when it attacks with moves that make direct contact, even if the target defends itself by using moves like Protect.
VGC is going to be interestly shaped by those when they are allowed. No protect against those 2 is MASSIVE.

By the way for those wondering about the HA starters, all you have to do is log on home **FROM PHONE** and check your Mystery Boxes.
Also, unless I'm stupidly lucky, they are nature locked.

Scorbunny is Jolly
Sobble is Modest
Grookey is Adamant

Seem to have 31 IV in the relevant stats (speed / spatk / atk, and HP in case of Grokey), and I cannot understand if they have 30 or 25 in the other 3

My predictions for post Isle of Armor VGC:

1. Rain will get a lot better.
The Poliwag line is returning, and Politoed trades some of Pelipper's power for more bulk and no Rock weakness, meaning it does much better against TTar and Excadrill. It also has 1 less Speed point than Tyranitar, so with 0 IVs and a - Spe nature Rain will prevail. Kingdra is also returning, a welcome upgrade over Ludicolo and Seismitoad as it can smash Dragapult without changing the weather. If its legal, Urshifu could potentially be a very powerful Rain abuser.

2. Galairan Slowbro will be a solid choice.
Poison STAB is quite good in a meta with Fairy types all over the place. To me it looks like more of a physical attacker, which could be nice if it retains Own Tempo (don't know which ability is being overridden by Quick Draw). I predict that Quick Draw will power up slashing moves. It gets Belly Drum, although it faces stiff competition with Snorlax, it has arguably better defensive typing. Yes I know its signature move is Special, but it looks more physical to me.

3. Galarian Weezing will get a lot better.
The Urshifu forms both sound amazing. Moves that always crit and an ability that lets them bypass Protect (I think Protect will still weaken the moves though). If they're legal, you will need a plan for them. So let's think here. What Pokémon has a STAB to hit both bears super effectively, great physical bulk, and an ability that shuts off Unseen Fist? Why, it's Galarian Weezing! Also please let Slaking come back.

4. Incineroar's usage will drop off a cliff.
IF Urshifu is legal, both forms eat Incineroar for breakfast. Rain will now be a viable playstyle as well, and those teams roll over Incineroar with ease. As an Intimidator, I reckon it will fall behind Arcanine and Hitmontop, as Arcanine as neither are weak to Fighting and both also offer Helping Hand support. Hitmontop can (in theory) check Single Strike Urshifu due to Intimidate and the bear's Fighting weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)