Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

(Hey, my original joke was that I was going to pretend Pyra & Mythra were a humanoid Morpeko who Types they changed, though I couldn't think what Type Mythra would be (Fighting?) so went with the above instead. Honestly think the joke I went with is better)
I'd go with Steel. In addition to STAB Flash Cannon, all of the other light-element blades would be Steel-type regardless of what we classed light as.

From the get-go I wasn't expecting anything Pokémon related in this Direct. Pokémon basically always does its own thing, and we know we're getting some kind of presentation on Pokémon Day which is only in a week. I think the Fairy-type was revealed in Nintendo's 2013 E3 Direct, but that was an uncommon exception.
Though I'm not complaining because Xenoblade Chronicles 2 finally got a character in Smash, which I'm very glad about because it's my favorite game of all time!

Would they though? Sakurai has been trying to balance the characters via Elite Smash. I don't think he'd intentionally make a broken character. I always thought the Hero was overhyped and people were just over reacting. I don't believe he's banned from tourneys though.
From what I know it is (or at least, was) due to the fact his spellcasts are basically pure RNG, which is uncompetitive even though it rarely won games on its own (sounds familiar? :bloblul: )

So...the following was posted on Serebii within the past day or two:

"The Pokémon Company have announced a Max Raid Battle Event featuring Gigantamax Pikachu will run over Pokémon Day from February 26th through February 28th. If more than 1 million people beat it, then players will get 100 Armorite Ore and 100 Dynite Ore. The gifts will be distributed from March 2nd through March 15th."

I could see this event being useful for some people, others, not so much. I've had both Ore maximized (or close) for a while, but I'm still going to do my part. Since G-Max Volt Crash's effect is paralysis for all opponents, ways to block paralysis or the move (all Ground-types, Lightning Rod, Limber, etc.) could come in handy...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well there's currently a Max Raid event going on where is 1 million people defeat Gigantamax Pikachu that are now active they'll give everyone 100 Armorite Ore and 100 Dynite Ore on March 4th! Not sure when it ends, just might as well not wait (and remember, it's 1 million TRAINERS not 1 million G-Pikachu, all you need to contribute is defeat at least one. That said, you can join other players raids and help them out (not that I think G-Pikachu is that hard to defeat)).

(Just imagine it as a piñata full of raw metal chunks!)

I've got a bit of a heads-up (actually, a couple) for those of you contributing to this event. First of all, in case anyone hasn't figured it out already, Pikachu has more than one moveset. There's one that uses Special attacks, and one that uses Physical attacks. Also, these Pikachu are holding Light Balls. At first, I wasn't attempting to catch any that weren't shiny. However, something seemed off regarding the damage they were doing (for example; Play Rough did enough damage to 2HKO the NPC Jolteon, which absolutely shouldn't happen otherwise). I suspected one of three things: they're EV trained, they're holding Light Balls, or they're above Level 60. So, I decided to catch one to check for myself, and sure enough, that middle point was correct... I joined Generation 8 late, so I wouldn't know for sure, but there's a chance that this is the 1st Max Raid Pokemon to be holding an item.

Also, in response to the above post, this event goes from February 26-28.

Well there's currently a Max Raid event going on where is 1 million people defeat Gigantamax Pikachu that are now active they'll give everyone 100 Armorite Ore and 100 Dynite Ore on March 4th! Not sure when it ends, just might as well not wait (and remember, it's 1 million TRAINERS not 1 million G-Pikachu, all you need to contribute is defeat at least one. That said, you can join other players raids and help them out (not that I think G-Pikachu is that hard to defeat)).

(Just imagine it as a piñata full of raw metal chunks!)
100 Armor and Dynite Ore is irrelevant (but still nice). The fucking rewards for beating this rat are incredible. I've been farming this yellow slut all day and I went from 0 XL candies to... 300.

PIKACHU.jpg

Fiscal year ended so here's a brief update on SWSH & Let's Go's sales

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee: 13.28 million
Pokémon Sword & Shield: 21.1 million

For reference, as of December 31, 2020 SWSH sold 20.35 million units and these numbers are taken from March 31, 2021. So about .75 million in 3 months. Likely we wont see any more big surges in sales moving forward, just slow but steady trickles. I still think it can reach those last 2 million to beat GSC in life time sales, but probably not for another couple years; DP remakes (& maybe Legends) will probably slow it down even more so idk about reaching there in 2022.

Oh for reference as of Dec 31 2020 Let's go sold 13 million, but it's not too surprising to see how slowly those sales have gone on.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While SwSh having a chance to beat GSC in sales eventually is impressive, I'm pretty impressed that Let's Go is still ticking like that. Really makes me think that TPC / Gamefreak / Nintendo really do want to do the "Mario strategy" of having multiple forks of the mainline series to increase long-term sales potential. For Mario you got several divergent lines such as the main 2D series, the Maker series, the sandbox 3D series (think Odyssey and Super Mario 64), and the linear 3D series (think 3D World and Galaxy).

The next two mainline Pokemon games, BDSP (a faithful remake of Diamond and Pearl) and Pokemon Legends (a more sandbox approach to Pokemon) are radically different than SwSh and Let's Go, similar to how those Mario games are radically different from each other! This gives me hope that the successor to SwSh, our "gen 9" will have the development time it needs, because I feel like SwSh really suffered from a combination of its dev cycle and being one of Gamefreak's first big HD games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)