Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcell

cherish the little things in life
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
"Terrain Pulse" does not seem to receive the boost from the ability "Mega Launcher", unlike other Pulse moves like Dark Pulse, even though "Terrain Pulse" is marked as a Pulse move.

Download (2).png

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Last edited by a moderator:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
1592852903978.png

in an NU game. Froslass did triple axel but it only hit twice. third hit didnt even miss, it just didnt happen. replay available is needed

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is exactly how it behaves on cartridge. You only get an "avoided the attack!" message if you miss the first Triple Axel. Hitting 1 or 2 times just cuts off the move early. (DaWoblefet)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1137635866
On Turn 11, Revelation Dance failed.
Maybe I'm missing an ingame mechanic, but I assume it's a bug. (I was also scarfed but was able to click another move on turn 12)
It got choiced into Swords Dance (from Dancer) first. The choice lock then went away at the end of the turn because you don't have Swords Dance in your moveset. This is to prevent Oricorio from being broken especially in Doubles where it would be free to copy Quiver Dance and attack in the same turn with the choice boost.

I noticed there was a bug when both remaining pokemon fainted due to Iron Barbs while playing pokemon showdown. According to https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Iron_Barbs_(Ability):

If Iron Barbs causes both the Pokémon with this Ability and the attacking Pokémon to faint, then the attacking Pokémon will faint first.

I was able to reproduce the issue in https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1137853220 where the opposing Ferroseed should have fainted first when both pokemon fainted in the same turn. The opposing player should have lost as the Ferroseed should have fainted first due to Iron Barbs.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, in Generation 8, as it has been for several generations, Iron Barbs loses you the game. (DaWoblefet)

Hey I am not sure if this is the right thread but I am going to post it here:

So in my builder whenever I create a team or already created a team the sprite wont show up and in the pokemonname section everythings kinda fucked up. Unless I nickname the mon and fill out every possible things that I can fill out in the builder for each mon. and I f i dont do that, even tho I clicked on "save" the progress didnt save and I dont know why. I got a screenshot for reference. Also I am using the downloaded pc version, but this occurs on pc (downloaded) and online version for me. Any ideas why? It didnt do that a year ago. Hope Someone can help me out with this bug

Unbenannt.PNG

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, probably the team export to reproduce (DaWoblefet)

The command "/requestshow [link]" appears to be a little broken.
When requesting for a link to be shown in chat, people are getting "Access Denied" messages but sometimes their link approval request still goes through, as seen in the screenshot, and staff still get shown the buttons to accept or deny.
Other times it appears that the request does not go through, even if the command was formatted correctly.
Screen_Shot_2020-06-23_at_17.51.23 (1).png
Screenshot-169.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by mia

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
idk if someone already pointed this out and it was said to be handled, but ash-greninja is still being allowed shiny in all tiers, when it shouldn't and can prove to be misleading when battling it and thinking its protean but actually battle bond.

Proof:

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Attachments

I am unable to use /roomlog to access chat logs of rooms that I should be able to, how ever I am able to access various logs via using /modlog (user)
bruh.png

Ice Face is not working in Metronome battles or Ice Face is being blocked by Neutralizing Gas

Ice Face is not supposed to be blocked by Neutralizing Gas
https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/abilities/neutralizing-gas/

Heres my battle showing it didnt work:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1138178013

Here's video proof Neutralizing Gas does not stop Ice Face in the real game:

Hope this helps.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

I would like to point out that in the teambuilder, Eerie impulse shows up as a valid move on Gallade but when I go to use it in a battle, the validator stops me, saying that Gallade is unable to learn the move.
1592942881111.png
1592942907741.png

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike-GMax's learnset visually appears identical to Urshifu-Single-Strike (As well as its GMax). When validated, moves for Rapid Strike are still legal, but they will not appear legal on the teambuilder.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

Attachments

GGBeast

I COULD BE BANNED!
Explosion KO to End Battle

As evidenced in the above link I (username in the battle - DAMN Hold this L) used explosion with my last mon to knock out the last mon of my opponent. This resulted in me losing the battle.

I checked Bulbapedia, and it says there that from Gen-VI onwards, the user that used explosion first deals damage to the target, and then faints. This means that in the above battle, when I had used explosion with my Regirock, it resulted in the opponent’s Milotic fainting first, and then my Regirock fainting. In other words, my mon was the last to faint. This should result in me winning the battle. However, the opposite happened. I’m positive this is a showdown bug ( in that the move ‘Explosion’ is not working as per its mechanics in Gen-08), and thus I’m reporting it here. Thanks!

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Explosion loses you the game if it is the last action of the turn (DaWoblefet)

Explosion KO to End Battle

As evidenced in the above link I (username in the battle - DAMN Hold this L) used explosion with my last mon to knock out the last mon of my opponent. This resulted in me losing the battle.

I checked Bulbapedia, and it says there that from Gen-VI onwards, the user that used explosion first deals damage to the target, and then faints. This means that in the above battle, when I had used explosion with my Regirock, it resulted in the opponent’s Milotic fainting first, and then my Regirock fainting. In other words, my mon was the last to faint. This should result in me winning the battle. However, the opposite happened. I’m positive this is a showdown bug ( in that the move ‘Explosion’ is not working as per its mechanics in Gen-08), and thus I’m reporting it here. Thanks!
This isn't correct. The user of Explosion is still the first to faint in this situation. It does damage, then faints, and then any Pokémon that have taken damage from the move itself faint.
See 0:44ish in this video to watch the order of events play out in USUM. I couldn't find any videos for SwSh, but this is still more recent than Gen VI, so it should be enough to show that that's not how the move works.
(For what it's worth, this is still consistent with what Bulbapedia wrote - the move does damage, and then the user faints immediately after the damage but before any other KOs. The way they framed it was needlessly vague, but I'm confident that it worked this way even in Gen VI, and I don't think your interpretation is how they meant it, either.)

Hello, it's not a bug at all but pecullary gmax starter moves must be locket to 160 base power. At the moment they don't.
For example when i dynamax inteleon with snipe shot the power of gmax move must be 160 instead of 130, same if i have water gunas water move.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

When Rainshaft and I tried to remove the event it would modnote that the event was removed but it would still remain in the list of roomevents whenever we did /events.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

Attachments

1593106026180.png
1593106026180.png

/dt Metal Coat in gen 3 erroneously shows a 1.2x boost where it is actually a 1.1x boost. This display error is also present in teambuilder, but damage calc shows 1.1x and Bulbapedia backs that up with 1.1x being listed there. While I'm not 100% sure about game mechanics there is a discrepancy regardless between how the item is implemented and how it displays.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)