Little things you like about Pokémon

Honestly, I wish the mainline games had more chance to "showoff" expressive models.
In SwSh, pokemon Camp actually has very cool animation and emotion expression from the Pokemon (in the end, that's probably the real reason for the "animation process" cause of dexit).
But those animations are basically only in that small section of the game (and in curry making), plus the very very rare interactivity with pokemon in overworld.
Same goes for the (teleportation aside...) following pokemon in the DLC, some of them are absolutely adorable and other are super realistic, yet they're only available there.

And bare in mind EVERY pokemon has those animations.. but who'd ever have a Caterpie out or in Camp?

GF should really make more use of those animations in the mainline title, because they do a really good work on them, just you basically never get to even *see* them.
I really believe GF thinks competitive players don't care about that kind of thing, in a "let's not waste resources in something they are not going to pay attention to" sort of way.

I really believe GF thinks competitive players don't care about that kind of thing, in a "let's not waste resources in something they are not going to pay attention to" sort of way.
I don't think that's it (in fact, they did introduce A TON of QoL in SwSh to facilitate entry in competitive and overall "maintenance" of competitive pokemon).
I think they care of both competitive and casual players and somewhat try to cather both.
(edit note: competitive = VGC + BSS, remember Smogon doesn't exist)

I think they just fucking fail at PR, something that was shown so many times in the last 5 or so years that it really feels like beating a dead horse's ashes

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
In the original Unova games, none of the legendary Pokemon are found in the same part of the region as other members of their group. It's a neat little touch I'm fond of.

Swords of Justice
Cobalion is found on the western side of the region in Mistralton Cave
Terrakion is found in Victory Road (technically on the same landmass as the eastern side, but only accessible from the middle island and functionally separate)
Virizion is found on the eastern side in Pinwheel Forest

Tao trio
Depending on the version, one dragon's stone resides in the Dragonspiral Tower on the western side of the region while the other's is originally located in the Relic Castle on the central island (though is moved to the Nacrene museum). Kyurem is native to the Giant Chasm on the eastern side

Kami trio
Depending on the version, either Tornadus or Thundurus is first encountered on the western side, (but can be caught anywhere) while Landorus is encountered on the eastern side

Mythicals:
Keldeo is associated with the western side of the region, being tied to the Moor of Icirrus and the Pledge Grove
Meloetta's event is in the central island in Castelia City
Genesect's event is on the east side of the region in the P2 Laboratory
EDIT: Oh, I forgot Victini. Which is on an island in the sea south of the region and thus doesn't ruin my hypothesis.

Last edited:
In the original Unova games, none of the legendary Pokemon are found in the same part of the region as other members of their group. It's a neat little touch I'm fond of.

Swords of Justice
Cobalion is found on the western side of the region in Mistralton Cave
Terrakion is found in Victory Road (technically on the same landmass as the eastern side, but only accessible from the middle island and functionally separate)
Virizion is found on the eastern side in Pinwheel Forest

Tao trio
Depending on the version, one dragon's stone resides in the Dragonspiral Tower on the western side of the region while the other's is originally located in the Relic Castle on the central island (though is moved to the Nacrene museum). Kyurem is native to the Giant Chasm on the eastern side

Kami trio
Depending on the version, either Tornadus or Thundurus is first encountered on the western side, but can be caught (anywhere) while Landorus is encountered on the eastern side

Mythicals:
Keldeo is associated with the western side of the region, being tied to the Moor of Icirrus and the Pledge Grove
Meloetta's event is in the central island in Castelia City
Genesect's event is on the east side of the region in the P2 Laboratory
Keldeo, as a Sword of Justice itself, is also pretty far away from the others.

After reading a bit of quest text I have to appreciate the "language puns" the 3 Galar birds design are based on.

Galar Articuno is a psychic type with a "cold as hell" stare, hence why his psychic signature move freezes.
Galar Moltres is a aggressive dark type burning with ... do I really have to explain this one? lol
And finally Galar Zapdos being based on a roadrunner is "sparkingly fast", very reminiscent of the good old roadrunner cartoon generating sparks while running.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Well judging by Omanyte's dex entry I suppose I'm not too far off
"Because some Omanyte manage to escape after being restored or are released into the wild by people, this species is becoming a problem"
A little strange for Omanyte to be causing problems though, right? I guess a major disturbance in an environment like that could cause problems, but I’d have figured the Dex entry would be more along the lines of “Some Omanyte escaped the facilities they were restored in back to the wild, but are struggling to rebuild their population.”

I mean, they went extinct for a reason.

A little strange for Omanyte to be causing problems though, right? I guess a major disturbance in an environment like that could cause problems, but I’d have figured the Dex entry would be more along the lines of “Some Omanyte escaped the facilities they were restored in back to the wild, but are struggling to rebuild their population.”

I mean, they went extinct for a reason.
Eh seems typical invasive species fair. Gets released into areas where it can survive and thrive with little in the way of predators

Probably not the Tundra's problem specifically, I suppose, but I can believe it would happen elsewhere

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
honestly i keep half expecting to stumble into lore that Cara Liss resurrected a ton of fossils and set them loose in the tundra
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the Fossil Pokemon willed themselves back to life just so they wouldn't be taken to Cara Liss. They know what she's done to the Galar fossils, they felt it in their bones...

After reading a bit of quest text I have to appreciate the "language puns" the 3 Galar birds design are based on.

Galar Articuno is a psychic type with a "cold as hell" stare, hence why his psychic signature move freezes.
Galar Moltres is a aggressive dark type burning with ... do I really have to explain this one? lol
And finally Galar Zapdos being based on a roadrunner is "sparkingly fast", very reminiscent of the good old roadrunner cartoon generating sparks while running.
I came to that conclusion a while ago. :blobthumbsup:

Peony's rare card is wonderful
A slightly younger him in his gym leaderoutfit and he's holding a younger Nia and right next to his (unnamed) wife.
It's nice, all these rare cards real great

But also I like some of the implications in the card. Rose sounds like the prodigy of the family and I find it really interesting that Peony became champion, but had a short reign as he "disappeared" from public view after Rose became chairman. The famial connection between Peony & Rose is also kept as sort of a secret...you get the sense of mutual dislike for each other

There's a quite simple take in the Frigid Sea that I nonetheless really like: wild Avalugg trying to hide among the ice blocks.

Sure, the model pop-in thing kind of ruins their attempt, but it actually makes their appearance make sense.
Frigid Sea i ngeneral is really nice. No sharpedos, the Avalugg are just cruising around the waters naturally, the spheal are rolling all over the place, you go up on that little island and find MORE spheal and some sealeos just chilling as a walrein hangs out in the middle. Good vibes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)