SPL XII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalorium

is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending BW Circuit Champion
World Defender
Mock 8:

1609107778073.png

Lineups:

SS Eo ut Mortus
SS Xray
SS Corazan
SM Lax
ORAS Jonfilch
BW Soulwind
DPP Void
ADV GaryTheGengar
GSC Diophantine
RBY Mister Tim
4 subs: Luckoverskill, col49, Storm Zone, Texas Cloverleaf

SS : Sacri' ; Squash17 ; Ktütverde
SM : Rubyblood
ORAS : Exiline
BW : SJneider
DPP : Emeral
ADV : Bihi
GSC : Blazingdark
RBY : Koalacancee

Subs : Eternal white spirit ; Fakenagol, mix, FMG, Christo, Mannat, Maroon

SS: Mncmt
SS: Tace
SS Ox the fox
SM: Empo
ORAS: Dragon claw
BW: Frisoeva
DPP: Kevin garrett
ADV: Star
GSC: TC
RBY: Eb0la

Subs: tpp, pierrick, cyberodin, zugubu royale, roystopror

SS Poek, Will of Fire, Adaam
SM Zomog
ORAS Baddummy
BW Finchinator
DPP Soulgazer
ADV Thelinearcurve
GSC Mr.378
RBY SMB

Subs: Aurella, Egalvanc, Chaitanya, Somalia

SS OU Separation
SS OU talah
SS OU Jytcampbell
SM OU Welli0u
ORAS OU Garay oak
BW OU Caetano93
DPP OU ToF
ADV OU Tamahome
GSC OU Zokuru
RBY OU Nails

Subs Vulpix03, Quaze, ziloxx, Shawyu 1313, Hclat, Kristyl

SS: bro fist
SS: Eeveeto
SS: 100percentpureheat
SM: ima
ORAS: Omfuga
BW: Jimmy Turtwig
DPP: mael
ADV: McMeghan
GSC: gotei(13) hyorinmaru
RBY: Ranshiin

Subs: Bushtush, Steve Angello, Hyogafodex, Jordy

SS: FlamingVictini
SS: rinnegan418
SS: Vaboh
SM: TDK
ORAS: Adri
BW: dice
DPP: SFG
ADV: Shakur
GSC: Fear
RBY: MetalGro$$

Subs: Isza mc56556 FNH Lambo_murphy44

SS: John W
SS: Insult
SS: 1 True Lycan
SM: Relous
ORAS: Santu
BW: Ade50
DPP: Malekith
ADV: Gilbert arenas
GSC: false
RBY: Heroic Troller

Subs: Gefährlicher Random, le LLiolae, Lusa, rozes, Frania, Altina, Spl4sh, Nalorium

SS: watashi
SS: Sabella
SS: robjr
SM: Gondra
ORAS: Luigi
BW: elodin
DPP: august
ADV: dekzeh
GSC: Vileman
RBY: Kiichikos

Subs: Bloody alfa, Kenix, Melle2402, idiotfrommars, Leo, Alumn

SS Luthier
SS Samqian
SS beatiful
SM Umbry
ORAS CBB
BW Raichy
DPP Fakes
ADV Golden Sun
GSC ABR
RBY SadisticNarwhal

SUB H.M.N.I.P
SUB Watermess
SUB Ophion
SUB: EviGaro

Last edited:

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hello, all! Belated merry Christmas and happy holidays! What with SPL season very much underway and the draft less than a week away, I thought it might be useful to provide a guide, especially to newcomers, to help orient them to the nuanced meaning in Smogtours language. While many of the punctuations used on a day-to-day basis in Smogtours’ Lobby may appear to have the same meaning, this is not so. There are careful distinctions to be made when discerning meaning from message to message, which is why I’ve made this guide. Enjoy!

A Guide to Smogtours Interpretations

lol/lmao = a light chuckle; something mildly amusing happened.

. = “what”; “what on Earth just happened?”

- = “not sure on that one”; “huh?”

, = “what the fuck”

... = people who still give a damn about grammar and the ellipsis having value asserting their dominance.

‘-' = Brazilian-trademarked communication; a blank expression intended to sum up something you’ve said.

dwqzjicavty* = a keyboard mash; this means something particularly shocking has just occurred in the battle, such as one player fucking up a won position or making a very brazen play (example: keeping Ferrothorn in on Heatran with Lava Plume already shown).

HFSRUONXZYV* = if capitalized, the severity of the situation causing shock must be great. Chaos ensues over Lobby.

*Take especial note of the letters used in the keyboard mashing. If the mash results in letters that closely resemble a word, then the user has failed in properly conveying its meaning. Random repeats of letters in the middle of the mash indicate a veteran masher (impressive indeed).

zsurvpn44;:-3@!/ = commonly mistaken for the keyboard mash, this inclusion of digits and punctuation signifies an animal, like a cat, walking on someone’s keyboard.

LOOOOL = not particularly pleasant to my eye, but seems to be a standard way of responding to something hilarious and/or very blunt someone said.

LOLLLL = my preferred way of responding to the above scenario.

LLLLLOL = if you see someone preceding the “O” with multiple “L”s, there is something very, very wrong.

Honorable Mention:

bop = Shake's preferred means of expressing that he was right. If used by others, it means the same thing, but can also be used in a sarcastic fashion.

Let me know if I forgot anything! Happy SPL season. :)

Hello, all! Belated merry Christmas and happy holidays! What with SPL season very much underway and the draft less than a week away, I thought it might be useful to provide a guide, especially to newcomers, to help orient them to the nuanced meaning in Smogtours language. While many of the punctuations used on a day-to-day basis in Smogtours’ Lobby may appear to have the same meaning, this is not so. There are careful distinctions to be made when discerning meaning from message to message, which is why I’ve made this guide. Enjoy!

, = “what the fuck”

... = people who still give a damn about grammar and the ellipsis having value asserting their dominance.

‘-' = Brazilian-trademarked communication; a blank expression intended to sum up something you’ve said.

dwqzjicavty* = a keyboard mash; this means something particularly shocking has just occurred in the battle, such as one player fucking up a won position or making a very brazen play (example: keeping Ferrothorn in on Heatran with Lava Plume already shown).

HFSRUONXZYV* = if capitalized, the severity of the situation causing shock must be great. Chaos ensues over Lobby.

*Take especial note of the letters used in the keyboard mashing. If the mash results in letters that closely resemble a word, then the user has failed in properly conveying its meaning. Random repeats of letters in the middle of the mash indicate a veteran masher (impressive indeed).

zsurvpn44;:-3@!/ = commonly mistaken for the keyboard mash, this inclusion of digits and punctuation signifies an animal, like a cat, walking on someone’s keyboard.

LOOOOL = not particularly pleasant to my eye, but seems to be a standard way of responding to something hilarious and/or very blunt someone said.

LLLLLOL = if you see someone preceding the “O” with multiple “L”s, there is something very, very wrong.

Honorable Mention:

bop = Shake's preferred means of expressing that he was right. If used by others, it means the same thing, but can also be used in a sarcastic fashion.

You forgot the other 2 Brazilian-trademarked communication.
PERDEMOS
GANHAMOS

There is also the common spamed "him".

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion

, = “what the fuck”

Honorable Mention:

[redacted] = speculation

[Instert username here]oat = a form of praise, often overused.

how = a player has made a read/predict.

??????? = Smogtours lobby's way to display shock as someone has made a costly misplay or choked a game.

gg./GG = a player is most likely being disrespectful.

''gg''/no = a player is mad.

xD = M Dragon is chatting.

I was in SPL = starry blanket is chatting.

Nalorium

is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending BW Circuit Champion
World Defender
Mock 9:

1609205384594.png

Lineups:

SS: xray
SS: zugubu royale
SS: imjustgray
SM: Omfuga
ORAS: jonfilch
BW: SoulWind
DPP: Sharow
ADV: thelinearcurve
RBY: SMB

Subs: EB0LA, Stareal, pj, ShinyAzelf, Pais

:mad:

SS1: Empo
SS2: mncmt
SS3: Separation
BW: Caetano93
DPP: GaryTheGengar
ADV: dekzeh
GSC: Hyogafodex
RBY: Louna

Subs: Jytcampbell, H.M.N.I.P, gorex, Moutemoute

SSOU: SUPERSTAR FINCH
SSOU: Insult
SSOU: Christo
SMOU: Zomog
ORAS: Eeveeto
BW OU: Elodin
DPPOU: august
ADVOU: TDK
GSCOU: Mr.378/IFM
RBYOU: Genesis7
SUB1: IFM/Mr.378
SUB2: Void
Sub3: Vulpix03
Sub4: Mannat

SS: Bushtush
SS: Garay Oak
SM: Sabella
ORAS: Savouras
BW: LuckOverSkill
ADV: Tamahome
GSC: ABR
RBY: rozes

subs: Fakes / Obii / Zesty43 / Decem

SS beatiful
SS talah
SS Corazan
SM ima
ORAS Bloody Alfa
BW sugarhigh
DPP ToF
ADV CyberOdin
GSC Zokuru
RBY Ranshiin

Sub: False, Chaitanya, Rubyblood, eden, Pheo, Meridian, lighthouses, Quaze

SS: Sacri'
SS: TPP
SS: Luthier
SM: Le LLiolae
ORAS: Adri
DPP: Emeral
ADV: Golden Sun
RBY: MetalGro$$

Subs: Niko, Storm Zone, Pierrick, Aurella

SS: FV
SS: Gefh Random
SM: Bro fist
ORAS: CBB
BW: Frania
DPP: Soulgazer
ADV: marcop
GSC: colchonero
RBY: serpi

subs: rinnegan, leo, 100p, steve angello

ss Eo Ut Mortus, Lusa, Ktütverde
sm Welli0u
oras Sjneider
bw Frania
dpp BIHI
adv Winterains
gsc ziloXX
rby Heroic Troller

subs: Spl4sh, frisoeva, Relous, mael, Altina

SS: watashi
SS: lax
SS: robjrSM: Tace
ORAS: FMG
BW: Nalorium
DPP: Kevin Garrett
RBY: Nails

Subs: Kenix, ez, Raichy, baddummy, gotei(13) hyorinmaru, Adaam

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Mock 10:

Lineups:

SS: xray
SS: Corazan
SM: Welli0u
ORAS: Dragon Claw
BW: Soulwind
DPP: ToF
ADV: Golden Sun
RBY: Genesis7

Subs: Vulpix03, TPP, Quaze, Rozes, Shawyu1313

SS: Eeveeto
SS: Sagiri
SS: Doppelsoldner
SM: reiku
ORAS: Poek
BW: [K-12] The Madchine
DPP: Colchonero
ADV: Garay oak
GSC: K3NIX
RBY: SMB

Subs: Luispeikou, Tenzai, toytean, egalvanc

SS: Empo
SS: mncmt
SS: Separation
ORAS: Jytcampbell
BW: Jimmy Turtwig
ADV: Fakes
GSC: Mr.378
RBY: Nails

Sub: Teclis, false, Aliss, Mael, Kevin Garrett, Jordy

SS: Storm Zone
SS: Talah
SS: Dahli
SM: Bro Fist
ORAS: Savoraus
BW: Finchinator
DPP: Emeral
ADV: z0mOG
GSC: Conflict
RBY: Heroic Troller

SUBS: London Beats, Ausma, Electricitycat, Abyssal Ruins

SS: FlamingVictini
SS: Gefährlicher Random
SS: Ktütverde
SM: FMG
ORAS: CrashinBoomBang
BW: BIHI
DPP: august
ADV: eden
GSC: TDK
RBY: Tamahome

Subs: Luthier, gotei(13) hyorinmaru, windsong, raichy

SS: Eo Ut Mortus
SS: Sacri'
SS: ima
SM: le LLiolae/Aurella
ORAS: jonfilch
DPP: Tomahawk
ADV: thelinearcurve
GSC: Melle2402
RBY: Unowndragon

Subs: le LLiolae/Aurella, Bouff, Lilburr, SPACE FORCE meeps

SS: lax
SS: robjr
SS: frisoeva
SM: Santu
BW: Luck>Skill
DPP: soulgazer
ADV: Cyberodin
RBY: Metalgro$$

Subs: Samqian, Kristyl, Splash, Lets In The Sun

SS: John w
SS: bloody alfa
SS: 100percentpureheat
SM: Umbry
ORAS: Will of Fire
BW: FLCL
DPP: DeepBlueC
ADV: Gilbert arenas
GSC: Zokuru
RBY: spies

Subs: Sabella, Elodin, Imjustgray, kiichikos, hyogafodex, hclat

SS: Insult
SS: Lusa
SS: Bushtush
SM: Eternal Spirit
ORAS: Baddummy
BW: Caetano93
DPP: GaryTheGengar
RBY: EB0LA

Subs: IFM, Altina, Adri, dekzeh

SS: Tace
SS: Christo
SS: Ajna
SM: beautiful
ORAS: sjneider
BW: Frania
DPP: Void
ADV: McMeghan
GSC: ABR
RBY: Hayburner

Subs: Omfuga, Relous, ziloXX, Ox the Fox

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
With just a few days left until the auction, now is a great time to make your pre-auction predictions here! Let's see how close (or far :psywoke:) your predictions are from the actual auction!

A few SPLs ago, Hogg made a fun pre-tournament prediction form to drum up hype for the upcoming auction. As a numbers guy, it was pretty cool to see and I figured now would be as good a time as ever to get one going for this SPL. I will post the most popular responses the night before the auction and then the winners in the days following the auction, so be sure to stay tuned after you fill out the form, too!

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
With just a few days left until the auction, now is a great time to make your pre-auction predictions here! Let's see how close (or far :psywoke:) your predictions are from the actual auction!

A few SPLs ago, Hogg made a fun pre-tournament prediction form to drum up hype for the upcoming auction. As a numbers guy, it was pretty cool to see and I figured now would be as good a time as ever to get one going for this SPL. I will post the most popular responses the night before the auction and then the winners in the days following the auction, so be sure to stay tuned after you fill out the form, too!
time to defend the trophy snaga

16bit

What does your soul look like?
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CFAdJbupwP3TY8OKhfyalsDrVukwyBzhFI8YFH6QfX8/edit?usp=sharing

Made a spreadsheet tallying the average of the prices people went for in mock drafts. I'm interested in seeing if I can draw conclusions on 1. How accurate mock drafts are to the actual prices 2. What differences are there (top players are more expensive in the actual draft, specific tiers being more expensive/cheaper on average, etc). The sheet is missing Mock 3/4 cause I didn't see the price list in this thread - if anyone has them, I could add them.

Gilbert arenas

Rex rhydon
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey all, for those interested I’m going to try to do SPL fantasy Pokémon.
https://discord.gg/5yyK3eDX
-10 pts for a win
-1 pt for a kod pkmn
-.1 pts for 20 turns -take average of the 3 games in rby
-5 pts for a team win
-10 players 4 subs
-Playoffs after 6 weeks
You can sort leagues of 4/6/8/10 amongst yourselves but would like to see some sort of cohesion, I’ll be hosting a 10 man league myself if anyone wants to join.
If u win the league I’ll buy the winner a plush Pokémon of their choosing (within reason)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)