Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
View attachment 374862
For those of y'all who haven't seen it yet, here's Kleavor's look.
Type: Bug/Rock, evolves from Scyther
My first thought was "...okay but do we really NEED another legendary?" but this makes so much more sense! The trailer gave me a completely wrong impression, though I did notice the Kleavor the player fights was at level 18 which seemed low for a legendary. More regional forms are always welcome though I'm not sure Scyther was top of anyone's list to get one.

Interesting design. Seeing it without all the yellow aura around it I'm appreciating it more, I wasn't taken by how it looked in-game.

Looks like he's packing a brand new attack as well.... when it attack Oshawott, it uses an attack called Stone Axe. This confirmes that we will be getting brand new attacks for some of these pokemon, so there's hope for a signature ghost attack for Basculegion and a psychic one for Braviary and so on.

I'm surprised how many people thought it was a legendary throughout the trailer. As soon as they showed the thing I strongly suspected it was a Scyther evolution and then they show it calmed down at the very end. It even did the Runerigus/Perrserker thing of referencing the other evolution with its name.
Granted they probably could have just....said it was a scyther evolution, in the trailer, but didn't.

Also, all the wardens wear a bangle with the pokemon represented on it and they decided to actually be careful for once and not Show Arezu's at all

Even in the trailer the camera or her position is in such a way to block view of it.

Gotta wait a while to see what the "certain lady pokemon" is.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
My first thought was "...okay but do we really NEED another legendary?" but this makes so much more sense! The trailer gave me a completely wrong impression, though I did notice the Kleavor the player fights was at level 18 which seemed low for a legendary. More regional forms are always welcome though I'm not sure Scyther was top of anyone's list to get one.

Interesting design. Seeing it without all the yellow aura around it I'm appreciating it more, I wasn't taken by how it looked in-game.
We don’t know exactly if Scyther in question will be Hisuian form or if Kleavor turns out to be a new alternative evolution to normal Scyther.

The website said that “parts of its body have turned into stone”, through special minerals found in Hisui. This leaves two possibilities.
1) Hisuian Scyther evolving into Kleavor by collecting a special stone item or simply finding stones in Hisui.
2) Scyther directly evolving into Kleavor, with the possibility that Scizor might not exist by then, with a special stone item.

Also. Hold up…
05412D81-08B5-42A8-93CE-FAA173DF8B8A.jpeg

That’s a regular Stantler on Mai’s pants. You know what that means?

QuentinQuonce

We don’t know exactly if Scyther in question will be Hisuian form or if Kleavor turns out to be a new alternative evolution to normal Scyther.

The website said that “parts of its body have turned into stone”, through special minerals found in Hisui. This leaves two possibilities.
1) Hisuian Scyther evolving into Kleavor by collecting a special stone item or simply finding stones in Hisui.
2) Scyther directly evolving into Kleavor, with the possibility that Scizor might not exist by then, with a special stone item.
The line "Special minerals found in the Hisui region cause Scyther to evolve into this Pokémon" seems a pretty big indicator it's almost certainly a regional evo but I'm open to either.

Oh I just realized Mai, Iscan and Arezu wear Dialga themed outfits while Lian wears Palkia
...well that probably doesnt mean much of anything considering Mai & Lian literally work in the same area, but interesting

Also. Hold up…
View attachment 374866

That”s a regular Stantler on Mai’s pants. You know what that means?
everyone: normal evolutions again, finally
me: well that's a fun thing to be wrong on-
tpci in 2 months: Yeah that wasn't stylistic interpretation here's Hisui Stantler, it's just like normal stanter but the feet are bigger and it has a little tuft of fur on its neck. : )
literally everyone: *the ???? heard around the world*

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Also. Hold up…
View attachment 374866

That’s a regular Stantler on Mai’s pants. You know what that means?
WE ARENT GETTING CUCKED THESE ARE ACTUAL EVOS WOOOOOO

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Oh I just realized Mai, Iscan and Arezu wear Dialga themed outfits while Lian wears Palkia
...well that probably doesnt mean much of anything considering Mai & Lian literally work in the same area, but interesting

everyone: normal evolutions again, finally
me: well that's a fun thing to be wrong on-
tpci in 2 months: Yeah that wasn't stylistic interpretation here's Hisui Stantler, it's just like normal stanter but the feet are bigger and it has a little tuft of fur on its neck. : )
literally everyone: *the ???? heard around the world*
I can imagine the hilarious shock that would be.
The line "Special minerals found in the Hisui region cause Scyther to evolve into this Pokémon" seems a pretty big indicator it's almost certainly a regional evo but I'm open to either.
I’m also open for either. I am kinda preferring standard new evolutions to return at this point though.
WE ARENT GETTING CUCKED THESE ARE ACTUAL EVOS WOOOOOO
Wait and see but the Stantler design does lean very much to regular evolution this tine. Hopefully not a false hope that will cause severe confusion.

Question: Have we seen Steelix yet? If not maybe that might be getting a new split evo with the suggestion being Metal Coat doesn't exist yet?
I don't think we have (have seen an Onix, at least, so we got that going over Scyther and friends) but considering Steelix can occur the most naturally I'd be surprised if that was a given reason (especially when Electivires are walking around, would we really not have any metallic polish?)

Thinking it might be Lilligant (or rather, an alternative). Her bangle is green and while we have many lady-like pokemon (especially plants...) Lilligant is the first to come to mind with its "southern belle" stylings.

Maybe instead of "southern belle" it will be "old fashioned japanese style lady" (Froslass left shook at the competition).

Kleavor better fucking not get a BST boost compared to Scyther. Scyther and Scizor having the exact same BST was one of the reasons they were my favorites pre-Volcarona.
It probably won't. It's set as a counterpart to Scizor, after all. Perrserker/Persian & Runerigus/Cofagrigus were equal. Although Scizor is weird to begin with, it would be weird to have the "alternative" get more BST.

I am guessing it will basically be (faster, frailer, equal strength" scizor

QuentinQuonce

Question: Have we seen Steelix yet? If not maybe that might be getting a new split evo with the suggestion being Metal Coat doesn't exist yet?
That's a cool theory but my interpretation is that the Metal Coat simply does quickly what nature takes time to do, which is why wild Steelix appear on Iron Island. They've absorbed the iron particles abundant in that area and transformed over time. The Metal Coat (and other evolution items) simply reacts with the trade energy to shortcut that process in-game.

Of course whether GF agrees with my theory we may never know but it's based off what we see in-universe so my point is I see no reason Steelix and Scizor couldn't appear in Hisui without it being incongruous. I mean, the notion that GF would segregate gameplay and in-universe lore is ridicu... oh.

It may be that Hisui is light on Steel-types to represent it not being modern but after the backlash over OG Sinnoh not having enough Fire-types I doubt they'd do that again. And plenty of Steel-type Pokemon have been shown to be ancient: Magnemite is shown in the war flashback in XY, Meltan and Melmetal are old as hell, Registeel is from the Iron Age, ancient people used Skarmory's feathers as blades...

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Just want to say I fucking detest the Arceus' phones entire existence. It feels like they wanted to copy the Sheikah Slate but half-assed it, leaving us with this giant red mark on the game's aesthetic. It also kinda reeks of that boomer energy of "Kids won't like this thing set in the past if there isn't recognizable technology".

I cannot believe the first thing about this game that I truly dislike was a fucking phone bro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)