Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

So, apparently some videogame media outlets are making a big deal out of this tweet by Joe
personally, I wouldn't mind it if he happens to be right and I'd hazard a guess that most people here wouldn't either

but I wonder how it would affect mass reception if Legends is not in fact a "true" open world game ™
The moment the research facility got introduced people should have been aware that there was a progressive system.
As for the reception, I think it'll be fine since most of these media Outlets are hyping up how different the game seems to be from the traditional core experience.
Even places like Reddit are pretty happy for the most part so we should be fine

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Smol Rowlet

Big Rowlet

Pokemon sizes in general are very weird. You know how in Steven Universe how the character proportions would just change or be different randomly? Pokemon sizes are like that but weirder because they have a "definitive size"
I can't be fucked to find the pic but it's been confirmed that for Legends Arceus the size listings in the dex have been altered to present a range rather than a solid number
The “recorded” height and weight might as well be just average height and weight on a Pokémon, and not definitive-definitive numbers that is expected to be always be the same throughout various individuals of a single species.

It’s like a bit more extreme version of how each individual human and even animal can have different height and weight relative to their respective species.

I had my suspicions this was the case, but honestly it's for the best. Doing 3 wild areas and jumping straight into an open world game would be a disaster.

Each segment of the world being a more contained experience like the IOA or CT is better in the long run.

Open-world games, especially those that weren't designed as an open-world franchise from the start, often suffer from having big worlds with jack-shit to do in them. Botw tried to fix this by planting a bunch of korok seeds and shrines around (and also did it so that you wouldn't need to explore everywhere to get max upgrades) but then you run into the second problem: if you try to put content in your world, you're either going to take quite a while so it can be decent, or you're going to rush it and it'll be extremely samey and repetitive (which is where botw falls).

Segmented-world games have a lot of the benefits of open-world (big areas to explore, a more freeing experience even if not as extreme as what open-worlds offer), while not having the same pitfalls. Contained areas mean the areas you're creating have a purpose, and you can focus on what to put there for the player to face. Open-world have what I call "transition areas", empty pockets where nothing happens, but that needed to exist because finished areas weren't connected yet. Segmented-world just ignores that problem by letting you load the screen right into the new and interesting area.

Tl;dr this is a good decision, it's an easier step up, and probably offers better gameplay while being less work for the team. I actually wouldn't mind if segmented-world was the final step vs open-world. I think it's easier to design a good segmented-world game, requires less resources, and will often satisfy people who like open-world anyways

I can't find it but I saw something earlier about a merchandise leak? It had Piplup and the first stages of the Arceus starters. If someone can find it that'd be great

I'll be very surprised if there aren't new forms for the starters. Everything is pointing towards them existing, and their existence would make sense too. I just wonder if it'll be officially revealed or something for players to discover

I can't find it but I saw something earlier about a merchandise leak? It had Piplup and the first stages of the Arceus starters. If someone can find it that'd be great

I'll be very surprised if there aren't new forms for the starters. Everything is pointing towards them existing, and their existence would make sense too. I just wonder if it'll be officially revealed or something for players to discover
Pokejungle claims that "the" Chinese Riddler (of gen 7 fame! (gen 8 i remember being mostly bunk if it was even the same guy) posted this

Which I do not think is actual merchandise. Or at least, isn't all merchandise? The voltorb/electrode probably are just shops for his "riddle", which I guess would point towards them getting a hisui form or something.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
1634399390279.png
1634399404417.png

LEAK MACHINE BROKE. EPIC.

(but yeah definitely don't trust centro too much you guys, they never know what they're talking about and just steal leaked info from other people lol)

Other than that, I want to make an addition to a previous post of mine:

So this might be a stretch, but notice the starter levels here-

1634399910058.png

1634399963834.png

They're exactly one level away from evolving. I'd be less skeptical if it was only for one of them, but the both of them being at said point is definitely intentional. Combined with the fact we know new forms or evolutions for other pokémon are a thing, and we have not seen any of Samurott, Decidueye, Typhlosion, Dewott, Dartrix or Quilava in any game shots nor promotional material really stats seeming more suspicious each second. I can't get much into that because it gets into speculative territory, but thought it would be interesting to point out.
We have had this official screenshot of the Rare Candy. Rowlet, after taking the candy, is one level away from evolving as well.

1634399556298.png

I am definitely very skeptical. I don't want to build too much hope for nothing, but it does seem to be intentional to keep them from evolving. Doesn't confirm new evos but its very suspicious.

Feel like its more likely they dont want to spoil the evos in case this is someone's first game, even if the starters are old.

Starters to me feel like they're on this higher spot where they can't be touched, their designs are final and the face of marketing forever (along with pikachu and eeveelutions). This means no regional forms.

Now, you could mention alolan raichu, but I feel like the pikachu line isnt actually considered as a whole in this spot, only pikachu. Pichu doesn't get anything simply from the fact it's a pre evo of Pika, who can't get anything, so only Raichu is a candidate, but the starters are being considered as a bulk.

Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong, especially because the legends starters are the worst of their gens, and a new final line could help, but considering they appear to be picked for motives that reflect their normal evos, I'm very skeptical of it.

Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong, especially because the legends starters are the worst of their gens, and a new final line could help, but considering they appear to be picked for motives that reflect their normal evos, I'm very skeptical of it.
I don't think Typhlosion is the worst of gen2 (tho it is outclassed by charizard who has the exact same base stats but with a secondary typing, better movepool and two megas). Meganium is considered the worst due to being a defensive pure grass type with bad movepool and niche abilities.

I don't think Typhlosion is the worst of gen2 (tho it is outclassed by charizard who has the exact same base stats but with a secondary typing, better movepool and two megas). Meganium is considered the worst due to being a defensive pure grass type with bad movepool and niche abilities.
I was talking design wise, gameplay wise I think all johto starters are fine for the gameplay, meganium just requires you to use non starter attackers, and then we have the problem of the johto dex being kinda bad

So what exactly is Centroleaks? Are they actually reliable and reputable or do they just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
So what exactly is Centroleaks? Are they actually reliable and reputable or do they just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks?
They are an account that essentially shares leaks from other sources. However they never really double-check and have posted fake leaks multiple times (Pokémon Stars, a screenshot of Animal Crossing claiming to be a BDSP Leak, a fake hisuian Voltorb/Electode, etc). They don't leak anything themselves, but are quick to claim leaks as their own because they like the attention they get from it.

So in short justtake Centro's info with large grains of salt, while they have leaked Crown Tundra info, they are not consistently reliable at all and shouldn't be very trusted when it comes to leaks.

Centro is the pokejungle of twitter: they share anything

sometimes, that stuff is legitimate because they had a direct source to it. The Pokemon Home stuff having the IoA tutor moves and the CT renders, was legitimate and they "broke" the story first, but having that in their pocket doesn't mean everything they get it legit.

The hisui electrode stuff in particular sounds like it just came from the chinese riddler I mentioned earlier.

e: Actually this is unfair to pokejungle, who do at least cite rumors

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So I've made an intriguing observation about the Hisui dex I'd like to share with you all.

So far across the various trailers and promo material we've seen DP dex mons, Gen 4 cross-gen evolutions, old mons that weren't in the Platinum dex like Ursaring and brand new Pokemon and forms. But there's one group that's been very conveniently hidden.

These Pokemon were added in the Platinum dex despite not getting any new evolutions or pre-evolutions, and all 4 of them have yet to be seen in any footage as of yet. It's not like they've been totally forgotten, we've seen them a few times in BDSP promotional material through contests and the Grand Underground.

Well, all except for one. We know the Scyther line is in the dex... because it got a new evo in Kleavor. Do you think there's a chance all of the Platinum dex additions with no direct Sinnoh links might be getting new forms in the same vein? Granted, 3/4 of those remaining already have Mega Evolutions so straight evolutions aren't possible for them, but perhaps Hisuian forms, split evos or even a full evo for Tropius specifically could still be on the table? Game Freak is far from immune to double dipping as Galarian Slowbro and the aforementioned Kleavor have shown us, so who knows.

So I've made an intriguing observation about the Hisui dex I'd like to share with you all.

So far across the various trailers and promo material we've seen DP dex mons, Gen 4 cross-gen evolutions, old mons that weren't in the Platinum dex like Ursaring and brand new Pokemon and forms. But there's one group that's been very conveniently hidden.

These Pokemon were added in the Platinum dex despite not getting any new evolutions or pre-evolutions, and all 4 of them have yet to be seen in any footage as of yet. It's not like they've been totally forgotten, we've seen them a few times in BDSP promotional material through contests and the Grand Underground.

Well, all except for one. We know the Scyther line is in the dex... because it got a new evo in Kleavor. Do you think there's a chance all of the Platinum dex additions with no direct Sinnoh links might be getting new forms in the same vein? Granted, 3/4 of those remaining already have Mega Evolutions so straight evolutions aren't possible for them, but perhaps Hisuian forms, split evos or even a full evo for Tropius specifically could still be on the table? Game Freak is far from immune to double dipping as Galarian Slowbro and the aforementioned Kleavor have shown us, so who knows.
...I feel like we're getting a little too trigger-happy with this kind of speculation when 4 arbitrary pokemon not appearing in the limited trailers we've seen is "conveniently hidden" .__.

Primal Dialga/Palkia feels like an easy guess anyway, but I hope we don't go down that route. Give me a more prominent Arceus vs Origin Giratina since we aren't getting Platinum content in BDSP.
Eh, pre-Dexit I'd agree. But now, after they eliminated Mega-Evolution/Primal Reversion, no way they bring them back(even though it would make sense, and Dialga and Palkia need a boost). Even if they did, I'd expect it in BDSP, not here. This one's probably just Arceus, or Arceus for plot and a handful of legendaries lategame as secret hidden bosses/easter eggs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)