SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
So what are the chances Paradox Jigglypuff evolves into Paradox Wigglytuff? I'm assuming this is essentially like Gigantamax Pikachu or Eevee in that they cannot evolve.

Will Paradox types be breedable or just catchable? Sounds like catchable only. Which makes me wonder if regular versions will be available that can be bred so we can breed a regular Foongus to get a regular Amoonguss. Or will the regular versions of these Paradox Pokemon be unavailable?
Paradox Jiggly doesn't evolve, no. All paradox mons are single stage; not entirely sure how their stats will work bc at this point i'm left confused by what khu has said.

And from what we've seen so far, most "regular" versions of the Paradoxes have appeared in trailers already - Jigglypuff, Magnemite/zone, Tyranitar, Salamence, Hydreigon, Donphan, Gallade and Hariyama have all been featured in trailers. Pretty safe to assume the rest of the "base" mons will be here too

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Is it too early to wonder about Gen 10's DLC before Gen 9 even comes out? :P

One thing I wonder about the Paradox Pokemon is does it mean all their base Pokemon will return in every main game? Every Legendary Pokemon keeps returning every main game and if Paradox Pokemon are Legendary in the same way Ultra Beasts are, then I could see it being likely because Paradox Pokemon don't make as much sense without the Pokemon they're originated from being catchable too.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Is it too early to wonder about Gen 10's DLC before Gen 9 even comes out? :P

One thing I wonder about the Paradox Pokemon is does it mean all their base Pokemon will return in every main game? Every Legendary Pokemon keeps returning every main game and if Paradox Pokemon are Legendary in the same way Ultra Beasts are, then I could see it being likely because Paradox Pokemon don't make as much sense without the Pokemon they're originated from being catchable too.

to be fair magnemite is already in every game anyways

I think they wouldn't have to have the base form in every game, no. Like R_N said earlier, its possible that part of the reason they're not forms in the first place but rather their own mon is so that they can be put in future gens without the need to bring back all the base species

Thats also even considering them as legendaries. We aren't sure how they're gonna be treated rn

My own gripes about Paradox design ethos aside I'm very interested in what the final story winds up shaping up like, how we get to those weirdos, especially with how it ties to the box legends. Sounds very weird, in an interesting way.

The fact both khu & kaka like the games, and their plot, a lot is also interesting

The version mascots are Paradox versions of Cyclizar. Other paradoxes are the equivalent to other 'mons.
Obviously (the collective "Paradox" naming convention Khu & Kaka have been using comes from their species) but they're clearly treated as more special and are pivotal to actually doing the finale, I assume there's more to them and a probable connection to the third legend than just paradox cyclizar P & F

Obviously (the collective "Paradox" naming convention Khu & Kaka have been using comes from their species) but they're clearly treated as more special and are pivotal to actually doing the finale, I assume there's more to them and a probable connection to the third legend than just paradox cyclizar P & F
I imagine they aren't technically treated as Paradox mons in the same way Solgaleo and Lunala aren't technically Ultra beasts.

Ah, of course, I was mostly angling it in how the different species treatment would go.

Recent hints from Khu:

-New egg mechanic might have to do with everstone, destiny knot and a new item (mirror herb?)

-paradox suicune's typing teased as "not depth". I liked PrizmaRex's idea from the code cracking discord that "not depth" could mean "long", which could be interpreted as tge pinyin for 龍,dragon.

Recent hints from Khu:

-New egg mechanic might have to do with everstone, destiny knot and a new item (mirror herb?)

-paradox suicune's typing teased as "not depth". I liked PrizmaRex's idea from the code cracking discord that "not depth" could mean "long", which could be interpreted as tge pinyin for 龍,dragon.
I forget have either of them stated directly if the picnic eggs are the replacement for breeding.

Breeding as is being completely removed and replaced with a faster way to generate offsprings without needing to pray RNG gods for IVs and abilities would be a very welcome addition by pretty much everyone.
Breeding is quite fast when you have Dittos tho. Better than Let's Go or Legends expecting you to catch a metric ton of wild stuff for that. To say nothing of the ease of getting a preevo.

Breeding is quite fast when you have Dittos tho. Better than Let's Go or Legends expecting you to catch a metric ton of wild stuff for that. To say nothing of the ease of getting a preevo.
The problem with this logic is that you need Ditto, you need a 6 IV ditto (and godforsake you need 0 IV on speed and/or atk), and if you want to keep your sanity, you actually need Dittos of every potential nature to get the breedject with the correct nature so you can give destiny knot to ditto in first place, and are still rolling the 60% on the ability and on getting more than 3x31 IV passed even with two perfect IVd parents.
And in all of this, you have to go through actually getting the egg moves before even starting this process.

Don't get me wrong, it became MUCH swifter in SwSh since you can "fix" the IV, nature, ability and even egg moves if you want...

But like, if their plan is to make the game more accessible and lower the competitive entry barrier, setting breeding on fire for a faster, more intuitive system is the best of the plans.

(I lowkey like breeding as something to do while watching a film or something like that lol)
Good for you sir, I also like watching streams on the left screen while i'm doing tedious tasks on the right one, but that doesn't stop me from figuring that maybe the fact I *have to do something else to not get bored* may be a clear sign that the task is indeed tedious and needlessly long.

You say that as if playing Pokemon was something that requires attention. I literally completed the Dex in Platinum in my Uni classes (and aced the tests that year, as that way I was going to class without getting bored out of my mind with unengaging teachers).

Portable gaming is by design something you do while doing other stuff. Pokemon was designed as a handheld game. You play Pokemon while doing other things.

changing breeding for the better is good, yes. There's lot of little things that can be done that maintains the system for those that like it while improving it dramatically like making bottle caps both easier to get & easier to use, letting some % things be 100%, quartering egg timers, nature mints in more abundance and cheaper, letting egg move sharing work with any pokemon with the move, etc etc

but, again, not necessarily what picnics are doing, where it can potentially be worse overall depending on the specifics

And I think we are not on the same page. Having items that allow you to have a competitive viable 'mon doesn't preclude getting rid of the slow way.
That'd work well if said items were easy to obtain. Currently they aren't, though.

And here's the problem: if the items are actually easy to obtain... then why would you spend hours breeding when you could just... breed once and perfect the mon via items instead?

The two things can't really coexist: grindy items to patch up a grindy/repetitive process doesn't work, and if either of the thing is quick to do, then the other is pointless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)