Golden Piloswine

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks! Yours is also awesome. I wish Starmie actually looked like that (or at least in its shiny form).
    Okay, let me upload my team to PO. I guess I will battle you to get off the kick list?
    You're right. I will join today.
    What can I do to gain 'influence' and contribute to the community more? Because I do love VGC.
    So is beginning cup going to be the Worlds metagame? Not that it matters to me Q_Q
    hey no sweat about the terrakion. Figured I'd never really use it, it's been hard finding new openings in my team, as I have an almost-perfect (by definition) team. You can keep the dusclops and chansey, I'll just erase the terrakion.
    My faulty internet randomly disconnects after 10 minutes of trading or battling with my DS. As such, I can't battle. Feel free to request one on Smogon's wifi battle finder.
    A bunch of us from smogon & nuggetbridge were there in Philly in the front. I was the tall older guy wearing a grey short with a pirate on it.
    Well, the thing is, no one else is really taking the group as seriously. I can tell you now most of the group members just thought of it as a casual invitation.

User groups were never a big part of smogon. They've always just been a side feature.
    Well that's a good start. Remember, there is a mac version.

To elaborate on what I meant by "stranger things", you have a few bizarre habits I've noticed around here. You've updated the athestics of your trade thread several times over the course of the last month, but you have yet to put something of your own in there. You've started a few clubs for "elite vgc players", but many of them contain just the opposite. Some users here obsess over user groups for whatever reason, but user groups are a minor side show like portion of the site and attempts to organize clan-esque groups aren't ever taken seriously.
    I'm flattered! I'm happy to see that you're aware the quality of many of your posts haven't had the highest quality. I think that if you can make a few steps towards becoming a better user, comprehend the metagame better, troubleshoot your problems installing PO, scrap some of the stranger things you have going, you'll sharpen up in no time.
    The community contributer badge is awarded to users who are thought of as a good presence on the forums and help lead informative discussion. It is used as a sort of catch all badge for worthy accomplishments on the forum that might not fall under other badges. In my case, it was my work giving out free Pokemon for VGC goers over the span of several weeks.

The Contributor badge is awarded to those that help with on site content. It's most commonly given out for completing analyses and publishing on site articles. In my case, I worked on double checking the site for outdated tiering errors, wrote sections for our movedex, and created this guide.

You can read more about all the badges in the badge FAQ
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…