His Eminence Lord Poppington II

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've been away from Smogon for a while so I thought that I had already implemented your check.
    You can always go back and stamp your old checks, plus endorfins did implement most of your check, plus there was still some stuff to fix
    You assume correctly (set comments). Sounds good Poppy.

P.S. I know you acknowledged it. Thanks :).
    Yes, Arceus-Water can probably be seen as a "counter" in a general sense as those Reshiram variants like I said are very rare.

However, with the odds largely in Reshiram's favor should it be Timid Choice Specs with Draco Meteor after SR (min is 97.17, max is 112.27) or with Life Orb SolarBeam, an attempt to label Arceus-Water as a true counter would probably be a bit misleading.

Personally, I was thinking something similar to the wording of the on-site Ho-Oh analysis might work (disregarding any possible inherent factual errors):

"Ho-Oh has no true counter as nothing can safely switch in on its devastating attacks. (...) That said, Rock Arceus is probably the closest thing Ho-Oh has to a true counter. It resists both Sacred Fire and Brave Bird, has the bulk to take multiple hits, and can OHKO Ho-Oh with a swift Judgment. However, Rock Arceus really hates switching in on Earthquake repeatedly."

Such a statement can easily be adapted for Arceus-Water for a more accurate statement. Thoughts?

P.S. I brought up SolarBeam precisely because of its placement in SC - its effectiveness against Arceus-Water is currently not mentioned anywhere in the analysis. It was not my intention to question on whether SolarBeam is viable enough for SC. Hope this clears things up Poppy.
    Right now, I’m currently working through the Spikes section of the Hazards guide, writing up current thoughts on Latias, working on the Latias analysis, writing up a few thoughts on Deoxys-A (In case no one posts – current slash order might need some tweaking), updating Arceus overviews, and slowly polishing Arceus-Normal’s analysis. Progress is a little slow due to pressing commitments, but my schedule frees up significantly in two weeks.

P.S. If you have the time, please take a brief look at this post, and then check the second last sentence of this post. It might help make the post a little more accurate. Still, I imagine Sun Support Arceus-Water is probably the closest thing to a true counter as the very rare Timid Choice Specs Draco Meteor and Life Orb SolarBeam (which apparently is now SC) are literally the only ways Reshiram can possibly overpower Him.
    When I get my avatar privileges again, can you draw me a Zoroark? We can using matching avatars for like a day, like a couple of good bros.

(also congrats congrats and... congrats)
    thanks for the support man. Means a lot. I'll still give this place another shot.
    agreed on simeon's dilemma, 'stalkers my whole style/and if i get caught ill/deny, deny, deny' is one of the greatest lyrics ever written

i found torpedo or crohns to be one of the weakest tracks on the album, it's one of the only songs that wasn't the focal point of the album for me at some point

rubber traits over yo yo bye bye, though??? heh, twisted tastes........
    ah, a wild ibojangles saved the poppy in distress

congrats on tc and have fun running ubers testing (basically)

I did it mate. Took my hours, but I finally drew you that Lucario.

Now you've gotta return to favor and DRAW ME A ZOROARK
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…