Trainer Greil
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Alright cool, send me a message the next time you are on and we will battle.
    Also, only using 5 Pokemon is a REALLY bad idea, regardless of what kind of team you are using. At least put something in the sixth spot until you find what you are looking for
    Even though I am 46, I am probably emotionally younger as I am pretty sure I have Apergers and tehrefore am not 100% mature, but it is nice to associate with older pokemon players
    Well when I do get back into pokemon we will need to battle. I always appreciate a battle with some one more my age.
    The only other Gen 4 fire type that learns roost is Moltres, not sure how much that would help though...
    Everything else is fine, but have you considered using heatran?
    I could do that, I'm not home right now but I will let you know when it is done. Sorry about the inconvenience. My computer is prehistoric too haha its an E Machines XD I've honestly never heard of that happening before though, are you sure you weren't trying to use Pokemon online? Try www.pokemonshowdown.com Regardless of whether it works or not I will have a Gen 4 steel team ready for you by tomorrow =)
    Gym leaders are allowed any Pokemon in the official OU tier. Unfortunately my steel gym was designed based on the current Gen 5 metagame, and some of the Pokemon on my team did not exist in Gen 4. Unless you can get Showdown to work I won't be able to accept your challenge right now. I'm not entirely sure what you meant when you said that the file could not be downloaded; showdown has never asked me to download files to my computer
    Not unless the robot gets a new leader.
    Yeah, I am kind of burnt out on Smogon, but I might be abck later when things get less busy. Its kind of likeI have been there and done taht.
    Umm...it would take me a while to pokegen a Gen 4 team, I honestly haven't touched SS since I got Black. It would be a lot easier if we battled on Pokemon Showdown. It's a free online battle simulator for competitive play
    Also, here are some of the commonly used terms:

These are the official tier names used by Smogon to organize all of the different pokemon:

Uber- Uber
    OU-Overused
    UU-Underused
    RU-Rarelyused
    NU-Neverused
    LC- Little Cup

EV- Effort Values, too much information to type here, please read about them here: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml EVs are a very integral part of competitive battling.

IV- Individual Values, essentially they determine the maximum stat values of each stat, they range from 0-31 for each individual stat. They also determine the type of your pokemon's Hidden Power

OHKO- One Hit Knock Out
    2HKO - Two Hit Knock Out

RNG- Random Number Generator; the Pokemon games use a pseudo-random number generator to determine several factors in the game (Personality IDs, IVs, etc.). RNG Abuse is when players abuse this generator to breed perfect/shiny pokemon.

Let me know if you have any other questions and welcome to BALD!
    There are several gym leaders here right now. Currently we have leaders for Steel, Water, Poison, Dragon, Rock, Dark, Ice, and Ground. If you search for these gyms in the discussions you will find the leaders who you can challenge. Additionally, if you win three badges you can claim an unoccupied gym for yourself. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…