GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Not much tbh, it's an article
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
check the related articles too imo
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Yeah they're funny, I was just reading the good girl/bad girl art pages yesterday too
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Captain Kirk came up to her.

"Oh, Lieutenant, I love you madly. Will you come to bed with me?"
"Captain! I am not that kind of girl!"
"You're right, and I respect you for it."
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
what are your favorite flaws in characters?
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I dunno, a lot of things that I might consider "flaws" actually are just "character traits" that aren't positive at first glance. But any good character turns their flaws into positive traits
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
For me, it's hard to even write characters that don't have flaws. It seems like if there are no flaws there's no conflict. But I guess if you're writing something like archetypal fantasy when it's just good vs. evil then it's a bit easier to just have good guys that are all good and bad guys that are all bad.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Sure but what's a flaw? Is johnny rico's flaw that hes too competitive? Sure it got a guy killed but it also gave him the will to lead the roughnecks later. You know what I mean? To me flaws are just character traits
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
well yeah of course they are lol. and yeah usually those are the ones that come the most natural so they seem the most realistic. competitiveness has a healthy and unhealthy side to it. just like someone with a lot of conviction is very driven but also can disregard others' opinions. that's a good thing and a flaw in one trait
Shame That
Shame That
i think about this archetype a lot. especially with most movies coming out nowadays that try to address it. there's media that has done it super well which is why it's so funny imo that most mainstream films continue to butcher it.

i'm attempting to write a longer story incorporating this if you're interested hula (although progress is slow)
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
shame that xD you still look up my posts once in a while im so touched
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
The best strong female character is obviously Rachel!!
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Yeah! And her strong female character big sis role model, too!
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
she didn't have one, she only had her dad

and NO it's not like that trope you like where the girl wants to make her dad proud it's more like she was bitter at the whole world because they fucked her dad over
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Wut Rachel are you talking about dude I thought you were talking about the orange star CO...
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Yeah who is Rachel...