Headlines “Politics” [read the OP before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When both of your primary candidates are demented pedophiles (Biden more so....but Trump is still fucking awful)
i'm sorry I don't even know why I am reading this thread but did I miss the part where biden is also known friends/associates with a man who was being prosecuted for being a child sex predator? you know, the one who was killed in his jail cell to prevent him from implicating other rich and powerful people? this might be the worst take I read in this thread lol

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Thanks to everyone who voted; hopefully this election showed that your voice matters.

I did my time honored tradition of doing joke write-ins again this year.
And to not listen to this guy, ever.

Obviously there is still lots of work to do, which will take far more than 4 or even 8 years. But this is absolutely a step in the right direction and in 2020 that seems to be a rarity, so we'll take it.

There’s a long road to recovery ahead. The people goaded into indulging in their internal racism won’t magically disappear now that the orange man is gone. Still, this is a wonderful milestone for the recovery process that fills me with hope and happiness.
the country to donald trump: 'youre fired'
I have already heard this quip 5 times in the last 30 minutes. Too happy to care. I look forward to reading it 30 more times.

this might be the worst take I read in this thread lol
The worse take in this thread is doubtlessly the DK post but this dude clowning around his future with joke votes and immediately believing twitter conspiracy theories is a solid silver.

Last edited:
i'm sorry I don't even know why I am reading this thread but did I miss the part where biden is also known friends/associates with a man who was being prosecuted for being a child sex predator? you know, the one who was killed in his jail cell to prevent him from implicating other rich and powerful people? this might be the worst take I read in this thread lol
There is literally zero evidence that Biden is a pedo. As you said, plenty of evidence for Trump.

Similarly he doesn't have dementia, just a stutter. Let he who has not fucked up their words while public speaking cast the first stone.

Anyway...

123495595_10223513711981806_1686838504662369654_n.jpg

safe_image.gif

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Request to change brackets in title to [The TRUMPening].

It's not all in yet, but Trump is crushing his 2016 numbers in Florida. Maine is also trending his way, but it's so rural it could be a while. Portland is sitting on Biden w/ a 3000 vote advantage. It also seems like Rhode Island is legit going Trump. The map is creeping redder and redder as the rural votes get counted.

This was either going to be a media driven Covid disinfo election or an economy reopening election. If a state with a huge portion of the Covid vulnerable population is going bigger for Trump than in 2016, this election is already over but for the counting.

My only hope, probably unrealized, is Trump also wins the popular vote so Democrats can finally, finally reflect on the madness I said was overtaking them and would not stop a long four years ago. Trump is currently ahead, but California isn't counted yet and that will flip it entirely if its percentages look like New York.

People don't want woke, they don't want riots, and they don't want to stay in hiding until government says it's safe. American bullshit detection and can-do attitude is the GOAT!
this is like when homer simpson reckoned his pumpkin investments were gonna peak right about january because they were so hot during the month of october.

I'm guessing he forgot that he told his supporters to vote in person and considering they listen to every word he says religiously it shouldn't be as hard as it is for him and some folks to put 2 and 2 together and realize that's why his lead vanished into thin air when they begun counting absentee ballots

Request to change brackets in title to [The TRUMPening].

It's not all in yet, but Trump is crushing his 2016 numbers in Florida. Maine is also trending his way, but it's so rural it could be a while. Portland is sitting on Biden w/ a 3000 vote advantage. It also seems like Rhode Island is legit going Trump. The map is creeping redder and redder as the rural votes get counted.

This was either going to be a media driven Covid disinfo election or an economy reopening election. If a state with a huge portion of the Covid vulnerable population is going bigger for Trump than in 2016, this election is already over but for the counting.

My only hope, probably unrealized, is Trump also wins the popular vote so Democrats can finally, finally reflect on the madness I said was overtaking them and would not stop a long four years ago. Trump is currently ahead, but California isn't counted yet and that will flip it entirely if its percentages look like New York.

People don't want woke, they don't want riots, and they don't want to stay in hiding until government says it's safe. American bullshit detection and can-do attitude is the GOAT!
very well said deck knight, a clear showing of your prescient eye for politics

Wonder when the the recall requests will be sent out. I suspect foul play from at least one of the sides. Either the fraud accusations are correct and/or the accusators are just running with this. So much fucking corruption in our systems. Hard to know who to trust.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wonder when the the recall requests will be sent out. I suspect foul play from at least one of the sides. Either the fraud accusations are correct and/or the accusators are just running with this. So much fucking corruption in our systems. Hard to know who to trust.
it's not hard to know who to trust when the side claiming "CORRUPTION!!" has little-to-no evidence of election fraud

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Dems do the same thing though.
_voters_ on the left might make some outlandish claims, but the democrat establishment do not. The difference here is that the republican establishment are making these claims.

If anything, Donald Trump has damaged the cause of conservatism in the US. As someone who's left leaning you might think I'm happy about that. But democracy is all about representation, and whether we like it or not millions of people in the USA are right-leaning, and they need adequate representation. A party that is complicit with misinformation is not adequate.

So I’m a bit confused here- I heard Donald Trump won Ohio handily (over 8%), but news sites are reporting that Biden won the presidency? I thought Ohio picked the president?

Sarcasm aside, this election finally puts the nail in Ohio’s coffin as a bellwether and swing state, going the way of Missouri. I won’t claim to be a neutral observer here- with Biden winning the national popular vote by 3%, Ohioans should quite frankly be embarrassed for being 11% off the mark here. They even actually somehow supported Trump by a slightly wider margin than they did in 2016.

I could say the same for Florida, but I’ll reserve my elective ire (lol) for Ohio right now.

Pennsylvania shouldn’t necessarily be proud of this, but it seems to have shifted slightly to the right and may take Ohio’s place as bellwether- it was a slightly blue leaning state a decade or two ago (hence Kerry’s win there for example).

I applaud Biden for successfully building an electoral map that included neither of what had previously been considered the two critical swing states of Ohio and Florida.

Last edited:

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Dems do the same thing though.
From the leader of the GOP at this time.

Trump supporters falsely claiming with no evidence of election fraud, doxx an election worker.

No evidence of corruption, just baseless claims.

From the president-elect.

Encouraging people to vote on time so it counts.

"Every single vote must count — and every single one of us must vote. And as a country, we should be making it easier, not harder to cast a ballot."

Here's an official memo from the President claiming unfair election:

1604777598838.png

Can you seriously say Dems are peddling the same baseless claims as the current GOP leaders?

I'd love to hear of a time where the Democrats talked about election fraud without evidence.

Before you mention Russia, there is ample evidence of this actually being true. Hell, Vladimir Putin himself was directly linked to it.
Only time I can think of it. They made a huge uproar over it for years. While things came of it, I don't know how accurate the findings where. People do hate Trump with a burning passion(for good reason, but still), so there's a motive and high chance for bias. And the R & D hate each other so much that they consider each other almost the ultimate evil and the cause of all things wrong, so things can be embellished. Shit's too fucked up and corrupt to trust one side totally. And it's easy to suspect foul play with this amount of vitriol.

cookie said:
_voters_ on the left might make some outlandish claims, but the democrat establishment do not. The difference here is that the republican establishment are making these claims.

If anything, Donald Trump has damaged the cause of conservatism in the US.
Both parties are guilty of outlandish claims. And to your later point....probably. Yeah.

Redew said:
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1324760064775708672

From the leader of the GOP at this time.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1324885446632083458

Trump supporters falsely claiming with no evidence of election fraud, doxx an election worker.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1325125524797104129

No evidence of corruption, just baseless claims.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1323867320826109954

From the president-elect.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1275034849599008769

Encouraging people to vote on time so it counts.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1325141025808134144

"Every single vote must count — and every single one of us must vote. And as a country, we should be making it easier, not harder to cast a ballot."

Here's an official memo from the President claiming unfair election:

1604777598838.png

Can you seriously say Dems are peddling the same baseless claims as the current GOP leaders?
Who the fuck knows? Again, the sides are so fucking corrupt, accuse each other of the same things, do the same things, fuck over their bases, fuck each other over, fuck the country over, etc. It is why I asked about Republican voter fraud this election as well, as that's not being covered as much. Fairness and all. Both parties, united in mutual shittiness and corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)