100% Power Blaziken

Before I get into the team I should mention that this Blaziken set not very optimal, but once you can get it to work it is insanely fun.
Here is the Pastebin for the team.

https://pastebin.com/GY7NvLDJ

Menu_HOME_0257.png

Blaziken @ Black Belt
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Swords Dance
- Reversal
- Upper Hand / Fire Punch

Blaziken here is the main reason as to why I decided to make this team. Mainly because I was inspired by a similar set I had seen on another Pokémon, and I figured why not try it out with Blaziken. This set is mainly about using Endure in order to get to low HP and to fire off some very strong Reversals while also getting Speed Boosts in order to out speed just about everything. Swords Dance can help further increase the power of Blaziken's Reversal and Upper Hand / Fire Punch. Reversal has an insane base power if you can get Blaziken low enough, in terms of the rough calculations, before Tera it can do around 40% - 50% on most Pokémon that would try to switch into it's attacks. However, after using Tera on Blaziken, it can almost two shot most defensive mons that would come in to counter it. Upper Hand is not a move many people use, however I felt as though it was very useful in dealing with Pokémon that would try to pick off Blaziken with a Sucker Punch or Extreme Speed because Upper Hand goes before all priority moves and flinches the Pokémon and in most cases no one would Tera their Pokémon just to pick off a 1 HP Blaziken when they have Priority. Fire Punch is another move that I had been trying out instead of Upper Hand and have found success with it, although the downside is that Blaziken now lacks a counter to priority. Of course this set has a lot of flaws, but some of the glaring ones are Ghost, Psychic, Flying, and Fairy Pokémon. Anything with a sash, or rocky helmet is also an issue for this set. That is why I have other members to help with these weaknesses.

Menu_HOME_1022.png

Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Mighty Cleave
- Zen Headbutt

Iron Boulder is here as a way for me to deal with Flying types. Not to mention it is a complete beast and is able to set up, and be a very good late game sweeper. I gave it a defensive Tera to allow for it to not only be immune to Ground types, but this also allows for it to set up on most Ground type Pokémon. As for the set its a very basic set, running +Speed Booster Energy, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Mighty Cleave, and Zen Headbutt. This serves as my answer to dealing with Flying types.

Menu_HOME_0983.png

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head / Tera Blast
- Kowtow Cleave

The next Pokemon I am using for this team is Kingambit. Kingambit serves as a way to deal with ghost types and is also able to clean up late game as well. The set is standard with a mix of bulk and some speed investment. I have Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, and Kowtow Cleave for it's main moves. I have also tried running both Iron Head and Tera Blast Fairy, mainly because this team does not have a Fairy type and it is a great typing to have. Both of these moves have worked out well, but I usually got for Iron Head as I usually don't want to waste a Tera just on giving Kingambit a fourth move. Kingambit helps as a way to deal with Ghost types or Tera Ghost. Unlike the other types, Ghost is the only one that shuts down Blaziken hard so I really needed a way to deal with them.

Menu_HOME_0472.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Spikes

Gliscor is up next, and is my go to FAT Pokémon. This Gliscor runs a Defensive EV spread with a little bit of speed in order to hit some benchmarks. It also serves as my ground immunity. Earthquake is for STAB and is a very hard hitting move. Protect is here as a way to scout out the opponents move while also allow for Gliscor to get back some HP recovery. Knock Off is here because it is Knock Off and is one of the best moves in the game It can also be used to punish a Pokémon who comes in on an air ballon by popping it. Finally I have this guy as my spike setter. One of the issues with Blaziken is that if there is a Pokémon who has Rocky Helmet, or a Focus Sash then it stops Blaziken in it's tracks. Knock Off is helpful in dealing with defensive Pokémon who run Rocky Helmet, and spikes help to punish constant switching, while also being able to break Focus Sash's on the opponents team. The Water Tera is here for defense and can help it not only survive but also win against certain Pokémon.

Menu_HOME_0073.png

Tentacruel @ Assault Vest
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 76 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Gunk Shot
- Flip Turn
- Knock Off

My next Pokémon is Tentacruel. Tentacruel serves a role as the spinner of the team and is the special wall. I went with the Assault Vest in order to help Tentacruel deal with special attacks more effectively, allowing me to spend some points into speed in order for this guy to be fast. Rapid Spin doesn't need any introductions, Knock Off also doesn't need any sort of introductions. Flip Turn allows for me to get some momentum and for me to be able to bring another Pokémon. Then there is Gunk Shot, a very strong move that can hit most Fairy types in the tier for super effective damage and maybe even force a switch. Liquid Ooze is here to prevent other Pokémon from sapping my HP and getting anything back from it. Tera Dark is here as a way to be immune to psychic attacks that some Fairy Types may go for. No team likes hazards, and due to the fact Blaziken is meant to be on low HP they can be devastating.

Menu_HOME_0887.png

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Lastly is Dragapult. I wanted my last Pokémon to be something that has a lot of speed and can be very threating so Dragapult was my answer. This is just a standard Choice Specs Dragapult with Draco Meteor, and Shadow Ball for STAB. I also went with Tera Ghost as if it came down to it, I would be spamming Shadow Ball over Draco Meteor. Wil-O-Wisp is here for some utility while also being able to be used as a bluff in order to catch people off guard who think this is the Hex/Wil-O-Wisp set. U-turn is here for further momentum in order to get more favorable match ups. Dragapult does not directly support Blaziken, but supports Blaziken by helping to K/O some Pokémon.

Really fun team and awesome blaziken set! I think this team is pretty weak to tusk (and ground types in general) outside of gliscor. Other than that, great job! :3

Roller K

detached
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Very fun Blaziken set! A mono Fighting set can be difficult to pull off, but it can be manageable with enough support, and it is satisfying when it succeeds. I have some suggestions for the team, and a Pokepaste of my team with the listed changes is right below.

My version: :blaziken: :kingambit: :gliscor: :tentacruel: :dragapult: :ogerpon-wellspring:

Changes:

1. :ogerpon-wellspring: > :iron-boulder:: As Zmaslan256 mentioned, this team is vulnerable to :great-tusk: and other Ground types with Ice coverage. Also, :blaziken: needs all Ghost-types to be gone before it can attempt a sweep (ideally Fairies, Poisons, and Bugs should be weakened too). :iron-boulder: is easily the weak link of the team, as you already have a fast set-up sweeper in :blaziken:, and :iron-boulder: struggles against :great-tusk:. The main threats I focused on are :great-tusk:/:dragapult:/:gholdengo:/:skeledirge:. I wanted something that can come in on and punish :great-tusk: while not being too threatened by the Ghosts. After some debating, :ogerpon-wellspring: felt like one of the best options. It is not weak to any move from :great-tusk: and serves as a Ground resistance. It is not a temporary switch as it can heal with Horn Leech. Ivy Cudgel does a lot of damage to :great-tusk:/:gholdengo:/:skeledirge:, and Play Rough does a lot of damage to :dragapult: and other strong Dragons in the tier that wall :ogerpon-wellspring:'s STABs. The last move is completely flexible, I just went with Spikes as it will enable :gliscor: to run Toxic.

2. Toxic > Spikes on :gliscor:: Toxic feels pretty necessary to limit :great-tusk: and other tanky threats that can get out of control with Tera like :gouging-fire:/:raging-bolt:/:kingambit:. Knock Off is needed to remove Rocky Helmet from opponents so :blaziken: can sweep in the end game. Earthquake is needed for :kingambit:, otherwise you rely on :blaziken: to come in and threaten it,, which is pretty awful. That leaves Spikes as the most expendable move.

3. Tera Ghost > Dragon on :dragapult:: If there are too many Ghost-types threatening a :blaziken: sweep, it is best to exploit this with :dragapult: and spam Shadow Ball. Tera Ghost ensures you maximize damage with Shadow Ball and pack a big punch against the opponent. Alternatively, you can run a defensive Tera like Fairy or Steel.

4. Tera Flying > Fairy on :kingambit:: Tera Flying is a better defensive Tera for this team since you are still relatively weak to Ground even with the changes. This could give you a free turn to set up and sweep with :kingambit:.

5. EV Changes:
a. :kingambit:: I put some of the speed into HP, as :kingambit: needs to be very tanky for :gholdengo:.
b. :gliscor:: Max Defense is needed to adequately take on :great-tusk:/:gouging-fire:/:kingambit:; the speed you put does not help much.
c. :tentacruel:: Max Special Defense allows :tentacruel: to last longer and eat more hits; the speed you put does not help much.

I hope these changes help you get more sweeps with Blaziken! I know it can be tough to get it going, as predicting priority moves can be difficult and being walled by Ghosts is an issue, but the support is a bit stronger to get it going. Enjoy! :blaziken: :blaziken: :blaziken:

Hey! Where did you get those cool sprites?

Team looks fun though I question Tentacruel’s set and viability. Any time there is a pivot to take hits for teammates, it’s better to be slower than faster. Tentacruel is very weak offensively and almost nothing is threatened by it. Also, as a spinner this it just doesn’t beat Gholdengo at all unfortunately.

I suggest making Tentacruel slower, to help bring in your Pult and Blaziken easier.

Thank you for the suggestions! The changes have made it easier to make Blaziken work. Although getting it to work is a whole other issue...

Hey! Where did you get those cool sprites?

Team looks fun though I question Tentacruel’s set and viability. Any time there is a pivot to take hits for teammates, it’s better to be slower than faster. Tentacruel is very weak offensively and almost nothing is threatened by it. Also, as a spinner this it just doesn’t beat Gholdengo at all unfortunately.

I suggest making Tentacruel slower, to help bring in your Pult and Blaziken easier.
Thank you for your suggestions! I found the sprites off of Bulbapedia.

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi!
Your team looks good but I think you should run the following changes:-

1. Change Wil-o-wisp --> Flamethrower on :dragapult::-

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Flamethrower will help u vs Pokemon like Kingambit :kingambit: and other steel types. Also it's a specs dragapult so u don't want to lock urself into Wil-o-wisp unless ur Tera Fairy Bulky Set.

2. Substitute --> Zen Headbutt on :iron boulder:-

Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Mighty Cleave
- Substitute

Substitute will let u set up vs Kingambit :kingambit: mind games (Sucker Punch) and let's u set up vs Landorus-t :landorus-therian: and Gliscor :Gliscor: and u can avoid status from Toxic, Wil-o-wisp or Thunder Wave.

3. Tera Fighting Low Kick --> Tera Fairy set up on :kingambit:-

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick

Max Speed kingambit with low kick beats Opposing Kingambit :kingambit: counters Archaludon :archaludon: and also helps u vs Skarmory :Skarmory: and Corvinight :Corvinight:
You can also try Tera Fairy Tera Blast kingambit :kingambit: which will also work well.

Else the team looks totally fine and I love ur blaziken idea. Thank you for the blaziken idea. I am also a blaziken fan.

:sv/blaziken: Bye :sv/blaziken:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)