NOC 11p gen 1 closed setup (D4 End: Dec 25 at 5 PM PST)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Interesting catch up. I should have time later to make a more constructed post but have been out all day. Caffeine asking me to do the thing I said I was gonna do when I got back to a PC is sad but even still

Unvote

The response by Caffeine to my case was really good I think it assuaged doubts pretty well. The defence is fakable as scum and doesn't necessarily come from a town mindset but that's also most defences I'm happy pursuing someone else.

Only read through the posts since my last post once just now on my phone so don't remember who this was but sus on whoever was like "wow your case on Caffeine is so wrong if anything this case applies to Eagle" because that was hella nonsense including in Caffeine's own opinion. IIRC it was from one of those massive null read people so being contrarian for no reason can be a scum play in this situation -- it's technically bringing up a new point but it's so wrong that no one will put any stock in it or remember the content beyond "well hey at least this guy tried".

CaffeineBoost try not to make such hard reads in D1 as saying me and Eagle are alignment-linked. If I were scum it'd be a pretty equally viable play for me to defend Eagle as to pile more pressure on him in this situation. Equally, Eagle could be scum and my defence of him could just be wrong; town are wrong most of the time that's why we have to critique each other's takes.

I also feel like shub's push has built up more momentum than it should've done, since everyone has him only at leans if not null. Will look into this later.

Celever

i am town
Found a more accurate of saying what I just said lmao this is why stream of consciousness posting is bad.

If Eagle is scum and I'm town it's fairly NAI on me because I was critiquing the quality of the case rather than defending Eagle because he's town. It's nuanced, and you can still draw a link there because I do have him as my biggest town read right now, but the link wouldn't be because I critiqued the case on / defended him but rather because I openly think he's town and vice versa for him (he said I'm his #3 townread iirc).

Either way I think it's p bad play to speculate on alignment links before flips. Once people die ofc the connections become much more important, but when both people are still question marks it's kinda just running scenarios and isn't particularly useful content.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
Votecount 1.3

shubaka17 (3) - bluegummybear, SB., U-Turn Out
bluegummybear (3) - Former, Clarinet, Eagle4
Celever (1) - Thunder~BALLZ
Clarinet (1) - shubaka17
Former (1) - Duskfall98

Not Voting: CaffeineBoost, Celever

Day ends in 26 hours, 27 minutes :heart:

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
This vote puts BGB at L-2 so I'd encourage others not to vote them until EoD

Vote: BGB
Former cop might not be a joke and there was something about BGB that pinged me.

Celever

i am town
His posts seem caked in sarcasm imo but either way, in a game this small I think there’s almost definitely a miller and maybe also a godfather if we have a cop.

Former please confirm if you’re joking or not. If you say you’re not joking and this flips town (and not miller) then I’m policy lynching you tomorrow and not taking my vote off for the entire day. Someone else could claim scum and I would still vote for you.

If Clarinet is right, appealing to a fake role to strongarm a hunch is actually just bad play and stands in the way of town solving. I hate everything about this.

The point isn't to get someone voted out, the goal is to create a situation where people are forced to react and mafia have information that town doesn't which forces them to create a reaction that doesn't match the reaction that town people have.

Coincidentally, one of Clever/BGB are probably mafia

Celever

i am town
Clever first ignored it, then when they were forced to deny it they did it really quickly. Really not a good look for them.
I ignored it because it was obvious trolling but a sizeable number of people actually believed it somehow so I was forced to point out that it’s trolling.

This isn’t as much of a lead as you seem to think it is.

Granted this is a towny look for you, even if I’m not a fan of the tactics. Have you got better reads right now than the one in this post?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)