SV OU "120% POTENTIAL" - #1 Peaked 2085, Volcarona, Roaring Moon, Iron-Boulder HO

Y'all watching Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2?

• YES

Votes: 63 45.0%
  • NO

Votes: 77 55.0%

• Total voters

Mimikyu Stardust

Enjoyment
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion

:SV/Hatterene::SV/roaring-moon::SV/volcarona::SV/glimmora::SV/kingambit::SV/iron-boulder:
BESTO HYPER OFFENSU

(click for team)

"No matter how different a meta is, How balanced or broken, Every Start of a New Meta, people will always start off with HO and Stall to test the waters of a new meta. With the release of the Physical Breaker Roaring Moon, Fast Sweeper Volcarona and Bulky Backbone Hatterene, All with the support of Glimmora's Toxic spikes, Together, They have brought out 120 percent of their potential!"

Hey guys, its my second RMT This month, with the release of DLC 2 the meta has shaped out to be the perfect SV OU meta in my opinion, nothing feels too OP or Unfair, if you play well you can beat everything with any team, and the new toys released fit perfectly into the tier. I've had so much fun the past few days testing many teams on many alts, however this has to be my favourite by far. A somewhat standard HO with a Glimmora Lead with some new and returning toys. My favourite part about this team is how its extremely custumizable in its sets and also the fact that it really doesnt have any weakness.

>>Proof of peak<<
(Sunyi dan sepi~)
peakshonen.jpg

Teambuilding Process

:hatterene::roaring-moon::volcarona: upon seeing which pokemon are unbanned, I knew HO would be nasty. Roaring Moon, Hatterene and Volcarona is a classic core of past SV OU due to how well they work together, all 3 of them have amazing synergy both offensively and defensively. This core doesn't really have a big weakness so you can just pretty much add any other 3 pokemon to better your matchup vs stuff you don't like.

:hatterene::roaring-moon::volcarona::glimmora: despite the addition of great OU pokemon that seemingly hard counters glimmora in Deoxys-Speed, Excadrill and Iron Crown, Glimmora is still an excellent lead. It's main selling point is toxic debris and defensive merit vs Skeledirge. Againts opposing HO toxic spikes is really nice to help chip pokemon like ogerpon, great tusk, and booster sweepers since a lot of them need at least 20% gone from their health to be easily ohkoed by other pokemon on this team. Skeledirge is always anoyying vs HO and it counters the first 3 members of this team really well but it really struggles vs Glimmora so those are the reasons why I still use it despite there being new counters.

:hatterene::roaring-moon::volcarona::glimmora::kingambit: I need a priority mon and a good switchin to dragapult, Kingambit fits the bill perfectly. With its great bulk, powerful late game cleaning ability, ability to check and revenge kill opposing set up sweeper and a great fat-breaker he will definetly help with the weakness againts stall.

:hatterene::roaring-moon::volcarona::glimmora::kingambit::iron-boulder: now i need a good speedy revenge killer as my last, iron valiant or gholdengo usually takes this slot, but looking at some of the new toys, Iron-Boulder is a better fit overall since it can outspeed and revenge kill iron valiant, one shot iron-moth and volcarona, resist dragonite e-speed and play tera mindgames vs kingambit. Its funny how Iron-Boulder has a notoriously awful typing defensively, but on this team its actually amazing with it being able to wall fire, normal and poison types in one.

So heres the team

:sv/hatterene:
Hatterene

ROLE

So lets start with Hatterene, with it being one of the main 3 of this team, hatt functions as a bulky sweeper and also your main defensive support. Againts pokemon like Garganacl, Clodsire, Ting-Lu, Great-Tusk and other defensive staples, its pretty hard to switch in your pokemon without losing momentum. Hatterene is the perfect switch into these fatter pokemon as you block their status and can freely set-up on them and stay healthy with draining kiss. Not only that, vs certain BO or even HO, once you get +1 or +2 vs something like great tusk or dragonite, its pretty much GG from there.​
MOVES/EVs/TERA

:hatterene:Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers:leftovers:
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

The moves are pretty standard, i opted for Psyshock over Stored Powered and Psychic noise for immediate damage and ability to 1v1 Volcarona and opposing calm mind users. Psychic Noise is actually a pretty bad move, its really only good on Calm mind Reuniclus because of how it disrupts balance, but on hatt you really miss having that power from psyshock or stored power since the main attraction of Calm Mind Hatterene is the ability to stay at high health while being able to dish out insane damage. I went for the standard Physdef + Outspeeding Garg spread. Tera Water is really nice vs steels like Gholdengo and Iron Crown, and also making rain teams and walking wake into set up fodders.​

:sv/roaring-moon:
Roaring Moon

ROLE

Roaring Moon is a staple of HO, its one of the best physical sweeper in OU, with its high speed and damage when it comes out you have to immediately try to answer it, however, its huge downside is that it really ONLY has one chance to do anything, and sometimes you are VERY reliant on tera making it very easy to lure and punish. So at the start of the game you need to assess your opponent's team and your own to see if roaring moon can sweep or not. Roaring Moon's main job is to break down your opponent to size with its high attack, threaten special walls for volcarona and also clean in the end if possible. Defensively, Roaring Moon helps revenge kill Ogerpon and Rillaboom, and help set up vs walking wake under sun and potentially sweep, its also a nice secondary resist to ghost types on this team.​
MOVES/EVs/TERA

:roaring-moon: Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy :booster-energy:
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Now this set is quite weak vs fatter teams with stuff like ting-lu, skarmory or dondozo. people usually use taunt on roaring moon so it lets it sweep fat but on this team, it's not roaring moon's job to do so, its job is to either clean up in the end or cut these fatter mons down to size by knocking off items and doing chip damage, so 3 attacks works much better with the standard 252/252 EVs.​

:sv/volcarona:
Volcarona

ROLE

Volcarona's role in this team is very similar to that of roaring moon, but just on the special side. In SV, with the existence of Tera volcarona becomes scarier due to the fact that every set it has different counters outside of blanket checks like Toxapex and Blissey. The main appeal for volcarona however, is its amazing defensive capability. It is able to stop Rillaboom, Great Tusk, Gholdengo, Iron Valiant, Iron Crown, Zamazenta, Meowscarada and Enamorus from mowing down your team and turn them into set-up fodder. Its ability flame body also lets it sometimes cheese its way out of bad circumstances like burning u-turn users or strong physical attacker making it have better longevity. Volcarona also has the ability to boost and naturally beat all of its special defensive checks outside of Blissey and unaware Clodsire like Heatran, both Slowking forms, and Ting-Lu.

for :volcarona: Volcarona, there are 2 sets i like to use on this team.

To explain this briefly, Quiver dance, bug buzz and flamethrower are mandatory in my opinion, flamethrower is a very spammable stab and bug buzz lets it beats usual checks like roaring moon, hoopa-unbound and ting-lu.​
MOVES/EVs/TERA

(MY PERSONAL CHOICE)

:volcarona: Tera Water Sweeper :mystic-water:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast

The reason to use Water Tera on volcarona is to let it hit unaware clodsire, heatran, iron moth and opposing volcarona effectively, not only that, you can lure in water types looking to revenge kill and turn them into set up fodder, effectively putting them 2 steps back as they have to try and counter at minimum a +2 +2 +2 Volcarona.​
MOVES/EVs/TERA

:volcarona: Tera Ground Sweeper :earth-plate:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast

The main reason as to why you would want to use this over water is its electric immunity and ability to threaten toxapex. Pex is surprisingly good vs this team and tera-ground lets you lure it, however without tera water you are no longer able to lure water types and turn them into set up fodder.​

:sv/glimmora:
Glimmora

ROLE

Glimmora is this teams lead, While the existance of Deoxys-S does hinder the strength of Glimmora a bit as a lead, its still excellent as a lead. Glimmora can set up rocks, remove opposing hazard and also potentially set up Tspikes. A lot of the calcs on this teams sometimes fall a bit short from immediate KO, but TSpikes + Rocks lets you get those important KO's, for example a +1 Bug Buzz from Volcarona does a minimum of 77 to walking wake, with rocks + tspikes lets your volcarona kill the wake instead of the wake killing you. Glimmora also has really good defensive utility for this team, a ton of HO teams struggle with TSpikes themselves since they rarely use heavy duty boots, so having an absorber of your own really helps, not only that Glimmora helps switch into and break :moltres::zapdos::skarmory: the birds and Skeledirge as those pokemon can often stop a sweep from your physical attackers.​
MOVES/EVs/TERA

:glimmora:Glimmora @ Focus Sash:focus-sash:
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Earth Power
- Power Gem

I Opted to go for Power Gem + Earth Power as my 2 attacks. Power Gem is a powerful spammable stab that lets it beat the birds and break the air balloon from gholdengo, earthpower is here so you can threaten iron treads, gholdengo, excadrill and toxapex thinking youre a sitting duck againts them. While you can no longer threaten Great Tusk or Samurott Hisui since you arent using energy ball, they aren't exactly a huge threat to this team. Stealth Rocks is almost always better than spikes since you can chip Corviknight and Skarmory for late game Kingambit or late game Roaring Moon. Tera Ghost lets you keep rocks up vs rapid spinner and potentially kill them by getting that free extra turn.​

:sv/kingambit:
Kingambit

ROLE
Kingambit is this teams main ghost resist, its also this team's main fat breaker. Kingambit synergizes well with Roaring Moon and Volcarona as it can help break walls like Clefable, Clodsire, Dondozo, Hatteren and Garganacl. On the opposite side of the spectrum, while its easy to stop Roaring Moon and Volcarona from sweeping early, its not easy to do so unscathed, and sometimes thats enough to let a Fallen: 5 gambit go wild when stuff like Great Tusk, Landorus-T, Dragonite and Heatran and weakened. Kingambit also helps stop opposing set-up sweepers by threatening sucker punch, with its high HP you can even just tank their boosted hit and get a safe revenge kill even if it means sacrificing your health.

Just like volcarona, there are 2 :kingambit:Kingambit sets i like to run, the first one is the one i like to use more but the second one is also really good​
MOVES/EVs/TERA

(MY PERSONAL CHOICE)

:kingambit: Fighting Tank :fist-plate:
Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Since Kingambit is your main ghost resist, running a tanky set is preferred, the speed is only for blissey, with how tanky you are you don't have to worry about outspeeding Clefable. This much bulk lets you live hits like Tera Fairy Choice Specs Iron Valiant Moonblast, Band Roaring Moon earthquake, Offensive Great Tusk Headlong Rush and more. For Tera i chose fighting as it is a great neutral type that isnt weak to anything steel/dark is weak to, and it boosts Low Kicks power to insane degree that it lets you threaten Curse Dondozo and Defensive Great Tusk. I opted to go for no Kowtow Cleave, Since Iron Head + Low Kick lets you threaten more things like Kingambit and Clefable, while you can still kill fast dark weak pokemon with sucker punch. A downside of this set is that you no longer beat skeledirge and have to rely on you teammates.​
MOVES/EVs/TERA

:kingambit: Dark Type Assassin :lum-berry:
Kingambit @ Lum Berry
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

Fast tera dark kingambit min-maxes what kingambit is supposed to do, Break stuff and clean games. While you are no longer tanky, you are still somewhat bulky so you can still do what kingambit does defensively, just not as well. With Tera Dark, Kowtow Cleave turns into a nuke, effectively removing resistances, at +2 Fallen 4: You OHKO Darkrai and Weavile with Sucker Punch, OHKO skarmory with Kowtow Cleave, and sucker punch after rocks. Unlike the Tank set, you can actually threaten skeledirge.​
:sv/iron-boulder:
Iron Boulder

ROLE

For our last pokemon, i needed speed control, Iron Valiant usually goes in in past HO Teams, but with the release of Iron Boulder, it fits much better on this team. Its great 381 speed lets it revenge kill fast scarfers and sweepers like Iron Valiant, Meowscarada and Roaring Moon. It's Rock/Psychic typing is usually a really bad defensive typing, but on this team it is a surprisingly great one. Rock lets you live extreme speed from dragonite, hard switch into iron moth and volcarona to revenge kill, and also threaten Skeledirge which is a massive weakness for this team. Its psychic typing also helps it with 1v1ing Glowking and Hatterene because of resistance and also its weirdly high special defense stat.​
MOVES/EVs/Tera

:iron-boulder:Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy:booster-energy:
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat
- Mighty Cleave
- Swords Dance

For the moves i went for SD 3 attacks, Zen Headbutt lets it revenge kill iron valiant and also beat toxapex, mighty cleave is a really strong stab so forgo-ing it is not an option, close combat lets you revenge kill Roaring Moon and Kingambit, Roaring moon dies to CC after one cycle of stealth rocks. Tera Fighting lets you resist kingambit's sucker punch so you can revenge kill it with CC, but it also helps remove its ground weakness so you can better 1v1 Great Tusk.​

"Threats"

There really isn't many threats to this team, it has very little weakness and usually you can outplay anything, so i'm just gonna put 2 things i get annoyed with facing.

:skeledirge::toxapex:
Skeledirge + Toxapex

Skeledirge + Toxapex when combined with a strong physical wall like skarmory is very hard to break, Roaring Moon and Kingambit cant really sweep vs tera skeledirge + physdef wall, iron boulder kinda gets walled and hatterene cant beat skeledirge ever. This team style is the main reason why you want Tera Ground Volcarona, since its an easy cheat code to beat it. If you don't, you really need to outplay.

:archaludon:
Archaludon

Archaludon can snowball out of control one it gets its boosts. You need to 1v1 it with Volcarona and boost alongside it, or save glimmora so you can 2hko it or force a tera. You may be able to chip it down with Roaring Moon earthquake or Iron Boulder close combat but if you activate it's stamina too much and it has gotten 2 or 3 boost with electro shot, its most likely game for you.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2016294989?p2 Ladder peaking game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2015223426?p2 vs Meowscarada Dondozo Fat
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2013782196?p2 vs Venusaur Sun
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2013549815?p2 vs HO

Team Paste
https://pokepast.es/37277537c51f4891 Original i peaked with
https://pokepast.es/e3744bced742d09a Tera Ground Volc Version

My Other RMTs
While a few of them are outdated, do check them out for a good read!
SV Overused Teams

:sv/tauros-paldea-blaze::sv/samurott-hisui::sv/landorus-therian::sv/goodra-hisui::sv/dragapult::sv/kingambit:
"Dark-Blaze"- Peak #1 2025 Elo, 89.2 GXE (Tauros-Paldea-Blaze Darkspam) (OUTDATED, NEW DLC)

:sv/slowking::sv/great-tusk::sv/dragapult::sv/skeledirge::sv/kingambit::sv/corviknight:
Your Power Has Expired - ANTIMETA Offensive AV Slowking Balance - Peaked Number 1 Twice (2086, 2074 ELO) (MAY BE OUTDATED)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-peaked-number-1-twice-2086-2074-elo.3721192/

:sv/pawmot::sv/kingambit::sv/annihilape::sv/dragonite::sv/chi-yu::sv/iron-treads:
Battle Against a True Samurai - Kingambit HO Peak #1 2064 ELO (OUTDATED DUE TO BANS)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...samurai-kingambit-ho-peak-1-2064-elo.3713408/

SS Overused Teams
:ss/nidoking::ss/moltres-galar::ss/tapu-lele::ss/tapu-fini::ss/buzzwole::ss/heatran:
:ss/nidoking::ss/tapu-lele::ss/jellicent::ss/weavile::ss/heatran::ss/skarmory:
ANTI-META Nidoking Super Offense (Version 1 and Version 2) PEAK TOP 8 LADDER 1938+
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...and-version-2-peak-top-8-ladder-1938.3696044/
:ss/ninetales-alola: :ss/weavile::ss/kartana: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/volcarona:
"Grudges" A Grudge Alolan Ninetales Bulky HO (PEAK #3 2003) + OST Team Dump
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...s-bulky-ho-peak-3-2003-ost-team-dump.3698343/
:ss/druddigon::ss/togekiss::ss/melmetal::ss/volcarona::ss/hydreigon::ss/zeraora:
"Hax Forecast" - Anti-Stall Togekiss + Druddigon + Melmetal Parahax Spam - PEAK #1 (2074 ELO, 85.3 GXE) (OUTDATED DUE TO METAGAME)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...arahax-spam-peak-1-2074-elo-85-3-gxe.3699903/
:ss/mew::ss/weavile::ss/garchomp::ss/celesteela::ss/crawdaunt::ss/blacephalon:
"The Dark Fantasy - Peaked #1 Multiple Times"
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-dark-fantasy-peaked-1-multiple-times.3708519/

SS Ubers Teams

:ss/barraskewda::ss/kyogre::ss/dugtrio::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/yveltal::ss/clefable:
Rain with Cappuccino - Peaked #1, #2, #4 (Dugtrio + Barraskewda Rain)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...eaked-1-2-4-dugtrio-barraskewda-rain.3704471/

aaand thats the team! Shoutouts to Vert for suggesting Iron Boulder last on this slot, thank you everyone for reading this. This DLC has definetly sparked my interest in mons again and this has probably the most fun SV has been, its both balanced and interesting, no play style is bad (outside of stall) and i've seen so many creative teams by other builders. I hope you all enjoy this team as this is probably my best SV OU team besides this one and its definetly the most fun team. Please do leave a like on this post and share it around, would love to see you opinions on this team and also what you might change to fix it, and thats about it.

:dp/mew: GOODBYE EVERYONE!

Attachments

Last edited:
loaded this up and got absolutely wiped by dirge in 4 straight games - but ik i'm bad lol. Explanation + replays make it look like a fun team though!
Skeledirge alone you just tera volc and win. That cool :Skeledirge::Archaludon::Primarina::Rillaboom: team by LandorusTBeatsGreatTusk is being used a lot on ladder and is pretty tough for the Volcarona + Dark + Fairy structure. AV Primarina cteams some HOs by itself. To beat that, you have to play for your t-spikes

Mimikyu Stardust

Enjoyment
UPL Champion
Doesn’t Iron Boulder sweep with a swords dance though?
yes but its your job to not let it get +2, every pokemon here outside of hatterene can 1hko or 2hko iron boulder preventing it from boosting or getting anything done. if worse comes to worst, outplay him and sucker punch with gambit/terastalize

What's the step by step process of using this team. Im completely new to competitive Pokemon.

Idk what I should use first.
I tried to use what ya said and got stomped.

Last edited:

Mimikyu Stardust

Enjoyment
UPL Champion
How do you deal with keldeo?
late response but you just need to revenge kill it with hatterene, roaring moon or iron boulder. This team is hyper offense so its all about trading pokemon for pokemon and trying to stay infront. Keldeo does have a great MU vs a lot of mons on this team but its usually choiced and needs both fighting and water type attacks to win vs you. You can also make use of tera like water on volc and hatterene to resist surf and flying on roaring moon to resist fighting moves.

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
hey, i just want to thank you for uploading this team! i haven't found that many teams that i have fun using and im (kinda) good with but this team...
It's just so good!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)