1v1 1v1 Classic VI - Information, Resources, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Thank you in the hills for the comfy art!
Welcome to the sixth edition of 1v1 Classic! A year has passed since Jamez won the biggest old gens event in 1v1, and it's once again time to see who will prove themselves the best. Players will compete in individual cups for SM, ORAS, BW, DPP, and ADV. The most successful players will enter a single elimination playoffs bracket to compete for the prestigious white trophy. The twist this year is that we have many prizes in store! More details at the end of this post.

1v1 Classic consists of five separate tournaments: SM Cup, ORAS Cup, BW Cup, DPP Cup, and ADV Cup. Each tournament is single elimination, best of five. Depending on your performance in a Cup, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Grand Slam. When all the Cups have been finished, the eight players with the most points will advance to the play-offs.

Point system:
Cups will award 1 point per win until the round of 32 (round of 48 in a tour size with a round robin final). Wins from this point onwards in the cups will award 2 points (+3 to the winner of a round robin finals).

Signups for each cup will last one week. Hosts of each cup are allowed to play in the tournament they are hosting, because the Smogon bracketmaker can't be rigged. Here are the hosts this year!
  • SM Cup - September 12 hosted by Mubs
  • ORAS Cup - September 19 hosted by crucify
  • BW Cup - September 19 hosted by Arai
  • DPP Cup - September 26 hosted by Itchy
  • ADV Cup - September 26 hosted by bea
PRIZE:
This year's classic will have multiple prizes! First, bilb owo (Thank you for your generosity!!!) has decided to fund every Cup with the following amount:
SM Cup - 50$ for the winner + 19.69$ for the winner from Tol
ORAS Cup - 50$ for the winner
BW Cup - 50$ for the winner, 30$ to 2nd place, 20$ to third place, 20$ to 4th place if non round robin finals. 50$ / 40$ / 30$ if round robin finals
DPP Cup - 50$ for the winner
ADV Cup - $49.99 for the winner

Secondly, the winner of Classic's playoffs will be awarded with a Custom Avatar or a disabled name of their choice on PS! (Please note, due to PS! rules, you are not eligible for the prize if you are permalocked.)

Spreadsheet maintained by Murman
Playoffs will be hosted by yours truly.

Playoffs format:
The eight players with the most points will advance to the play-offs.
  • High seed picks one gen.
  • Low seed picks one gen.
  • Low seed strikes one gen.
  • High seed strikes one gen.
  • Bo3o5 is played in the two picked gens and the gen remaining after the strikes.
  • Higher seed chooses the gen of G1, the gen of G2 is chosen by the loser of G1.

Resources
SM Banlist and Resources
ORAS Banlist and Resources
BW Banlist and Resources
DPP Banlist and Resources
ADV Banlist and Resources

Last edited:

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Re; ORAS Cup Round 1.

Referencing this post, Kabir defeated Golden009 in ORAS Cup Round 1, however, Kabir recent logins on PS! and Smogon are all under VPN, they also played their games under a VPN. Noting that VPN usage has been banned from tournament plays referencing this post, and we have enough reasons to believe the VPN usage is malicious, therefore the series will be voided, Kabir and Golden09 will be forced to replay the series but without VPN. Please make sure to ask a PS! mod to check for VPN usage during the game.

Tagging Kabir41981 Golden009 and crucify.

Re; ORAS Cup Round 1.

Referencing this post, Kabir defeated Golden009 in ORAS Cup Round 1, however, Kabir recent logins on PS! and Smogon are all under VPN, they also played their games under a VPN. Noting that VPN usage has been banned from tournament plays referencing this post, and we have enough reasons to believe the VPN usage is malicious, therefore the series will be voided, Kabir and Golden09 will be forced to replay the series but without VPN. Please make sure to ask a PS! mod to check for VPN usage during the game.

Tagging Kabir41981 Golden009 and crucify.
Wat ?

This is just a thought, but what if the individual cups were spread out across a period of time instead of being nearly simultaneous? Having to enter several tournaments at once puts on a lot of pressure and can be stressful time-wise when it comes to building/scheduling. Especially for people like me who are unfamiliar with old gens, it would allow for more built teams + more effort put into each match. On the hosting side, you wouldn't need to gather as many hosts, as one person could host several cups.

I can also see the pros of the current schedule- it's easier to create hype, players don't have to be active for many months, and possibly more. I just think the matches might be more enjoyable and high-quality if the tournaments weren't all loaded into the same time period.

Thank you! Also I won my round 1 match in the BW cup but it looks like I didn’t get the point for it. Idk who has set up the bracket but if it’s be possible to get that fixed? Thanks, has been a super fun tourney I know it takes a lot of work to host :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)