Project 1v1 Community Create-A-Team - Hiatus

Congrats cleffa for winning slot 1 with 13 votes! Our Pokemon to build around will be Custap Berry Diggersby.

1632198142774.png

:ss/diggersby:
:sobbinf: (Diggersby) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Flail
- Earthquake

Submissions for week 2 will go on until 9/23 11:59 GMT -4. Who will be our first partner?​

Celesteela @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 36 Def / 148 SpA / 68 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Air Slash
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed

Celesteela can handle the many grasses, ice types, and fighting types that Diggersby struggles with as well as securing weirder matchups for Diggersby such as sylveon and togekiss, which Diggersby can lose if you predict wrong. Celesteela also matches up well against the tier's dragon types, which Diggersby has iffy chances against in general.

:aromatisse:
Aromatisse @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Encore
- Disable
- Trick Room
- Moonblast

After spreading the word about Celesteela, it's time to popularize THE annoying (and best) Pokemon. Aromatisse beats the fairies and the dragons in the DFS metagame ggs. Physdef maximize odds against urshifus and all physical attackers + rocky helmet helps struggle in damaging the opposing Pokemon. gn choice mons and weak mons.
Aaaand I'm back with Aromatisse. Beats the bulky offensive threats that defeat diggersby like fini, kiss. Great matchup against fighting types like shifus, beats the waters except Volcanion, beats bulu and subseed venu. Beats Dragons like Regidrago and Haxorus. Diggersby takes care of Steels except steela, and probably the Fire-types. (Idk calcs)

"You'll know when your time has come
Just look at the moon"
-Courtney Parker

With that said, heres the Set:
:cresselia:

JJJ-JUDY (Cresselia) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 44 SpA / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Rest

Do you hate Urshifu and (non AV-Skitter) Zygarde as much as I and my friend Funny Bunny Diggersby do?
Yes?
I got you fam. This Cress Set is an incredible tech. Don't know who originally made this set, but dang they're a genius.

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The second nomination cycle has completed, and voting is now open here!
:ss/diggersby:
Voting will close in about 24 hours, at 12am (-4) on Friday the 24th!
~~
Reminder: You can't vote for yourself - it will not count :c
~~
Due to the low amount of submissions, you will be limited to 2 votes​

Congrats DEG for winning slot 2 with 13 votes! Our first partner is Aromatisse.

1632574872506.png

:diggersby::ss/aromatisse::Unown-Question:
Aromatisse @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Encore
- Disable
- Trick Room
- Moonblast

Submissions for week 3 will go on until 9/27 11:59 GMT -4. Who will be our final member?​

I gave him your name, Franklin. And I told him where you lived.
I even gave him your ZIP code. He's gonna kill you!
-Jerry (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 1974)

With that said, heres the Set
:Volcanion:

Texas Gas Station (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave

Let me take you to the blazing hot state of Texas. A BBQ at a random gas station will make us all forget about the begin of the wet and rainy fall.
It's hard to actually tell what Diggersby beats, but my thougt process behind submitting this set is that Aromatisse "beats the dragons and the fairies
in the DFS Meta" and the remaining threats to the team would be steel-ish Pokemon / Fire Types and volcanion takes care of those decently well,
while diggersby (hopefully) takes care of the electric Spa Nukes that are lurking everywhere in this meta, like Magnezone (holy shit why does that thing always get sm usage).

hit like a truck (Darmanitan-Galar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Giga Impact
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower

This monster can kill some things and also can die anything with custap or scarf, salsc berry

Last edited:

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 232 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Trick
- Thunder
- Thunderbolt

The remaining threats to this team seem to be steels such as Celesteela and Ferrothorn, Volcanion, and Glastrier. The last two have enough bulk to live either an EQ or Flail from Diggersby. Rotom-H covers all these excellently, as well as pokemon like Tapu Fini and Primarina, which Aromatisse may or may not beat (this pokemon actually confuses me). It is noteworthy that this set will lose to Scarf Volcanion, however Aromatisse can deal with that so it isn't too much of an issue.

Congrats torterraxx for winning slot 3 with 6 votes! The third team member will be Rotom-H!

1632891384078.png

To view the team in full, click the sprites below
:ss/diggersby::ss/aromatisse::ss/rotom-heat:

Now it's time to revise the team. Here's how it'll work:
In this stage, you can suggest changes which make the team more consistent. You can suggest to change the EVs, sets or even one of the three Pokemon. Explanation(s) for the new Pokemon/Set/EVs would be appreciated, however it's not required. Please include a pokepast.es link with your team when you submit.
(credits to Solaros & Lunaris for the format of this paragraph)

Submissions for week 4 will go on until October 1st at 11:59 GMT -4.

Diggersby currently loses to bulky necrozma clicking prismatic laser as it underspeeds and flail doesn't ohko while prismatic ohkoes back.
Diggersby @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Atk / 28 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Flail
- Earthquake
This spread tanks modest life orb naga draco, attack for rhyperior and necrozma and defense for best odds vs banded rhyperior. Speed is so you can 50/50 specs necrozma and get the necessary SD if they're bulky. AV rhyperior and 252 banded rhyperior are problematic though aromatisse might be able to handle the former. If bulking rhyperior isn't important then the defense can be put into attack.

+2 168 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 128 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 373-441 (100.5 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 52+ SpD Diggersby: 316-372 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 248 HP / 52+ SpD Diggersby: 280-331 (75 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

216+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Diggersby: 333-393 (89.2 - 105.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
/SPOILER]

Congrats torterraxx for winning slot 3 with 6 votes! The third team member will be Rotom-H!

View attachment 374994

To view the team in full, click the sprites below

Now it's time to revise the team. Here's how it'll work:
In this stage, you can suggest changes which make the team more consistent. You can suggest to change the EVs, sets or even one of the three Pokemon. Explanation(s) for the new Pokemon/Set/EVs would be appreciated, however it's not required. Please include a pokepast.es link with your team when you submit.
(credits to Solaros & Lunaris for the format of this paragraph)

Submissions for week 4 will go on until October 1st at 11:59 GMT -4.
home meta roleplay

Itchy

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The nominations phase to end this cycle has completed! (sorry about the delay lol)

Diggersby currently loses to bulky necrozma clicking prismatic laser as it underspeeds and flail doesn't ohko while prismatic ohkoes back.
Diggersby @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Atk / 28 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Flail
- Earthquake
This spread tanks modest life orb naga draco, attack for rhyperior and necrozma and defense for best odds vs banded rhyperior. Speed is so you can 50/50 specs necrozma and get the necessary SD if they're bulky. AV rhyperior and 252 banded rhyperior are problematic though aromatisse might be able to handle the former. If bulking rhyperior isn't important then the defense can be put into attack.

+2 168 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 128 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 373-441 (100.5 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 52+ SpD Diggersby: 316-372 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 248 HP / 52+ SpD Diggersby: 280-331 (75 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

216+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Diggersby: 333-393 (89.2 - 105.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
[/SPOILER
We will be rejecting this spread :c

The special benchmark does not help the Naganadel matchup all that much - against Naganadel, you should expect them to attack turn one. Most are Choice locked, and even if they aren't, Nasty Plot against a Diggersby is a bit of a throw because Diggersby also commonly runs Choice Band, which just OHKOs Naganadel if it attempts to Nasty Plot. Without the special bulk, the Naganadel matchup is much more straightforward - just Endure and hope they don't have the conviction to click Nasty Plot if they have it.

Bulking Choice Band Rhyperior takes a lot of defense, and we considered doing this and making a new spread based on this that was more reliable versus Rhyperior...
252+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 92 Def Diggersby: 315-372 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 192+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 469-553 (126 - 148.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Custap Rhyperior was still problematic though... 2 EQs from Rhyperior kill Diggersby, and we don't OHKO without a Swords Dance. Avalanche on an EQ was also just perdemos...
252+ Atk Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 92 Def Diggersby: 211-249 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Rhyperior Avalanche vs. 248 HP / 92 Def Diggersby: 336-396 (90 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Doing this much investment + the original only left 4+ Attack, so uhhh no thanks
The initial spread tanked a Choice Specs Photon Geyser, but dropped to Prismatic Laser. This means it can either Swords Dance on a Photon Geyser or tank a Prismatic Laser and hope to KO with Flail after the Custap Berry activation (calc below). The bunny also loses to Iron Defense Stored Power Necrozma. That being said, there's not much that can be done to fix that issue, other than maybe using Knock Off over Swords Dance...
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Flail (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 144 Def Necrozma: 364-429 (91.4 - 107.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

free nicknames on the other mons
We'll do you one better and remove the first nickname!

I think since we've had no other submissions, the team will just stay as it is. The one change will be removing a nickname!
Click below to see the full team!

If Naganadel isn't choiced they protect on your custap. The point of the spdef was to 50-50 Naganadel, endure on specs, earthquake on life orb.
The old spread also has to do this, but wastes EVs which can be put into other things.
If the special benchmark on the old set was for some other relevant matchup then my bad but I hope at least the speed can be changed to outspeed specially defensive necrozma which is currently a hard loss for the diggersby set as it underspeeds.

current set
252+ SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Diggersby: 355-418 (94.9 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Diggersby: 308-364 (82.3 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Diggersby: 273-322 (72.9 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

My set

i'm sorry i didn't say eariler, but wacan prim mu is very bad as well as mu vs aggron running avalanche. Feel free to tell me if i'm wrong bc i couldn't be bothered to test. Idk how occa whims vs tisse looks either. Aside from that it looks solid, not asking you to change, just want to inform the people using this team.

Itchy

CCAT Cycle 3 is starting soon!!!
This cycle, we will be moving away from SwSh, building in the oldgen the community chooses!
~
Voting is open here!
You can choose any number of old generations from SM to ADV. There is no limit on votes - choose any and all of them you enjoy!
~
Voting for the oldgen for this cycle will close at midnight (12am) -5 on Sunday

Jabiru

formerly ThatCabbageGuy
Thingy.gif

Aegislash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Head Smash
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Scarf Aegislash does scarf aegislash things, could run jolly if you wanna be that sort of person but reliably ohko'ing bulky zardx is kinda nice.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 128 SpA / 32 SpD
Modest Nature
- Yawn
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

mega camerupt hits like a truck and beats a suprising amount. Solid rock yawn can be nice too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)