Project 1v1 Community Create-A-Team - Hiatus

Approved by Rosa | OP largely stolen from Solaros & Lunaris and Kate | cohosted by me and Itchyy

1631808315369.png

ART BY cleffa !!!!!!!!!​

Welcome to the first edition of the 1v1 Community Create-A-Team (or CCAT). The objective of this is to build a competitive viable 1v1 team that can be used effectively in the current metagame. We'll go through each team slot initially, providing sets and explaining why they would fit on the team. After sets have been posted, we'll vote for which set we think would be best suited for the team in a google form. Once we've done this for all three teamslots, we'll go through and fix any issues the team had initially. During this whole process, feel free to use the #project-discussion channel in the 1v1 discord to discuss submissions.

New weeks will be posted on Mondays and will be open for submissions that look like this or like this. Submissions will be accepted until Friday and once submissions are closed a google form will be opened. Within this form, users can vote for their favorite submission until Sunday evening. On the next Monday this process will start again, and each week a new Pokemon will be added to the team. Once a full team is completed, suggestions can be submitted in the same format.

Rules:
  • Please refrain from posting bad sets. Innovation is fine, but we reserve the right to exclude objectively bad sets from voting.
  • When posting a Pokemon, post it with a moveset, and a few sentences of description on why you think it fits the team and why you chose the moveset you chose. ie: Specs Spectrier wins against Scarf Togekiss and Nihilego, which would help some teams more than WispHex Spectrier
  • Voting will be done within a google form. Example
  • Remember that this team is for [Gen 8] 1v1. Any pokemon that are NOT available in this format will not be included.
  • In the future, we will have Old Gen cycles and public interest will be gauged within the weekly google form nearing the end of the cycle.
Have fun!

HALL OF FAME:
Cycle 1: https://pokepast.es/76d36fdd18a029e3 :dragapult: :volcarona: :celesteela:
Cycle 1 is up. Submit your first slot suggestions by 8/6 at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Attachments

Last edited:
Metagross Tapu Fini Dragon type
i unironically laughed and i hate you

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpA / 128 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon

pretty old and funny aegislash regieleki bait set. quiet nature is to underspeed as many mons as possible, most notably fat prim/sylv/clef/zone
life orb is there because it looks nice i dont remember what breakpoints it has but it most definitely deals more damage
i dont think i need to explain what hp and spd do youre a functional human being

Sanshokuinsumireko

I got the baddest bitches in anime
Starmie
Starmie @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Trick
stab stab. ice beam kills zygarde. Trick kills stall stuff like stall cress and corsola. if you want to change the evs that's fine.

Last edited:
Shelmet @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Struggle Bug
- Recover
- Acid Armor

Spd to stall scarf fini out with struggle bug if they click Hydro Pump t1 (if they click Trick, Encore wins). Rest in HP/Def to beat urshifu.

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Level: 100
Adamant Nature
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 SpD
- Heavy Slam
- Poltergeist
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

A cool mon I found while looking for fairy answers. It beats sylv, prim, fini, and probably a lot other fairies as well as beating naganadel, tapu lele, nihilego, and it has at least a favorable matchup vs. most porygon z's, 100% beating custap. The EVs allow it to live willo + hex from spectrier and kill it with a combo of power whip and poltergeist. Also beats a fair amount of electrics and should beat venusaur.

Last edited:
Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Lax Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

it's physical cuz i thought it'd be funny, but it tanks an adamant 252 atk flare blitz from band gdarm after king's shield atk drop and iron head bonks it
and some other mons a normal aegi would beat
idk if it's a bad set cuz aegislash was never good but i feel like it can put in some work

Last edited:
:ss/mr. mime-galar:
Mr. Mime-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 56 SpA / 112 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Psychic
- Encore
- Fake Out

spdef to tank modest heatran overheat, specs regieleki thunder and tanks a flash cannon from specs magnezone,
fake out for sturdys like magnezone
encore for stall
(yeah its bad)

Last edited:

doc1203

Banned deucer.
:ss/golisopod:

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 244 HP / 16 Atk / 16 Def / 232 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Drill Run/Liquidation

EVS

- Tanks stone edge from scarf :darmanitan-galar:, flare blitz and giga impact from Band :darmanitan-galar: (you die to band stone edge).

- Specs :sylveon: hyper voice is a 3hko you poison jab twice and win. Also tanks hyper beam from custap :sylveon: at -2 although poison jab is 3hko so you should sucker on their custap.

- :necrozma: is always a win because you tank 3 photon geysers from def specs and win with leech life.
- Tanks Specs :magnezone: thunderbolt, you drill run on this if running it and then sucker punch. Same MU with :Naganadel:

MOVES

-Leech life for stab and it helps against mons that are weak to bug like :Rillaboom: or :Necrozma:

- Poison jab for fairies such as :Sylveon:,:Primarina: and :Tapu Fini:

-Sucker punch helps against endure users and is extremely helpful overall as you have a low speed stat and usually require a second hit to win. Notably helpful against :magnezone: and :naganadel:

-Liquidation is also stab and it can help in some mus vs fire types like :arcanine:and :rotom-heat:
- Drill run, However handles common threats such as :Magnezone:, :Naganadel: and :Volcanion:

CREDITS
Credits to adam3560 for the set

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:ss/tapu_bulu:

Tapu Bulu @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 240 HP / 24 Atk / 200 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Horn Leech
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

Tapu Bulu is a great mon that deserves more attention in the current meta. Taunt + Swords Dance makes it a great stallbreaker (even having a respectable chance versus Registeel). Meanwhile, its Fairy typing allows it to win several matchups that Rillaboom, the tier's prime grass-type, struggles with. These include fast Urshifu-Single, Rocky Helmet Zygarde, Zarude, and Regidrago (and Kommo-O, happy now lrxc?). It also beats the rare Lunge Pheromosa, which counters Rillaboom. Tapu Bulu hard counters several versatile pokemon like Tapu Fini, Zeraora, Zygarde, Regidrago, and both Urshifu formes, which makes it fun and easy to build around.

EVs are to outspeed stall necrozma and tank a Poison Jab from Adamant Band Urshifu-Single, with the rest being dumped in Attack.

Last edited:
660.gif

Diggersby @ Custap Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Flail
- Endure

At first glance, it's seem a totally unviable and troll set. Yea that's a very niche set and it's surprising, but it doesn't mean that it cannot work in the current meta. Diggersby is a Pokemon that you will not see a lot, when it's the case it's in 74% a choice (more band than scarf).
That choice sets are destroyed by a lot of pokemon, but the custap can beat these.

We don't really need to speed because of the natural bulk of diggersby which can tank a hit of a neutral attacks if you're not specs or band.
The HP allow diggersby to be 3 KO by Togekiss scarf and win in a lot of games (You can sword dances turn 1 or 2 if you're not tricked and flinched, flail at turn 3 if you're pretty low, endure first turn if the opponent tricks you and spam flail)

It won the duel vs a lot of top tiers :

magnezone.png
You can flail first turn and kill with eq second turn or endure first turn if you think the opponent will use Hyper Beam
(Magnezone has the most played pokemon in june)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Diggersby: 334-393 (89.3 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
Even if you choke the endure, you have a chance to survive
sylveon.png
Almost the same situation for sylveon , you are not OHKO by Hyper voice and can endure on the Hyper Beam.
You still lose to endure sets.

tapu-fini.png
More difficult to beat you can't obviously tank a Hydro pump even by a scarf. But you can win vs a Surf trick set, or sitrus set if you endure at the good time.

naganadel.png
You can tank draco meteor of a non-specs, and can endure on a specs. (You can even 75% OHKO Shuca berry lol)
I will not explain all the mons it can and can't beat, but it's not only a troll mon, we're not here to do a classical team like all ladder's team, so i'm trying my best to have a fun and strong mon !

Last edited:
not sure if anyone will fall for this but tapu fini bait
not sure it does anything else

Virizion @ Power Herb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Energy Ball
- Synthesis
- Focus Blast

It's not my submission but I was thinking a weakness policy set with SD could work, you 2hko finis with leaf blade so you beat any set. its decently bulky so maybe you can bulk stuff like avalanche aggron with the right evs. it gets sacred sword too which could be great at breaking stuff like ferro and registeel.

Can't tell if we're nomming memes or meta stuff, I'm gonna go 50/50 and nominate assault vest darmanitan-galar for round 1. This set started as a regieleki lure set and turned into a legitimate set that I only haven't nominated for the set compendium because it's a slightly worse glastrier that trades garchomp+rillaboom(something else prolly too) for a more solid specs necrozma/magnezone matchup.

:ss/darmanitan-galar:
Darmanitan-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 112 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Thrash
- Flare Blitz

Darm-g is bulked for a specs modest necrozma prismatic laser, and EV'd for the best possible rolls from specs magnezone. Speed is for max speed modest necrozma, rest of EV's dumped into attack.

Icicle punch is the obligatory stab move, hitting pokemon like necrozma, and zygarde. Ice punch is used over icicle crash for the 100% accuracy, since icicle crash had terrible rolls vs def specs necrozma, and thrash 2HKO's spdef specs anyways. Icicle crash can be used for the flinch chance alone, but the 15% miss chance stops it from being the better option here.
Earthquake provides useful coverage, to hit various steel and fire types in the metagame.
Thrash is used to hit fairy types like tapu fini, sylveon, and primarina. Thrash is used over iron head since it already 2HKO's non-sitrus sylveon(iron head doesn't help much with sitrus), and does far better vs fini/primarina.
Flare blitz is used as the final coverage move to hit steel types like certain celeteela sets, ferrothorn, and articuno(don't @ me).

What does a monkey wear while cooking?
An ape-ron.

Shoutouts to the pacific team discord for giving me advice on this and turning a wack lure set into something almost legit, we didn't qualify for world cup but we did in my heart.

Last edited:
Wello. I'm nominating Psychium-Z Skill Swap Tapu-Lele with Hidden Power Ground Psychic Seed. Lele is underrated, show some love.
:Tapu-Lele: has style
:Tapu-Fini: does not have style
be like :Tapu-Lele:

WHITE✰STAR (Tapu Lele) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock / Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonblast

HP + Spdef for Non Iron Head Scarf Gdarm, Fini, Naganadel and Scarf Ursh
Speed against Fini (Outspeed Modest 252)
The Set covers a chunck of high ranked mons on VR
I had 28 SpD left over, you can put them anywhere
I admit that its not as consistent as i would like it to be.
btw, you are awesome even if i rage about you when you crit me on ladder :)

#FREE XSC

tired of necrozma ohkoing or outbulking your sturdy mons?
want revenge against togekiss spam?
look no further for the solution is at hand.

Nihilego @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 168 HP / 20 SpA / 248 SpD / 72 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Mirror Coat

Basically hard walls any and every special attacker without psyshock and beats Chansey along the way as well.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Prismatic Laser vs. 168 HP / 248+ SpD Assault Vest Nihilego: 338-398 (84.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
228 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 168 HP / 248+ SpD Assault Vest Nihilego: 23-27 (5.7 - 6.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Tired of losing to necrozma, wisp hexers, and aromatisse with your avalugg?
AValugg (Avalugg) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Heavy Slam
- Icicle Spear
- Body Press

Spdef is to tank 2 hexes from wisp hex pult, so u can safely spear t2 and mirror coat t3
The rest is dumped into atk and def
Another benefit of running AV is that u can beat physdef rocky helm aromatisse, which u normally have a low chance to kill
Now you can Slam -> spear ->spear
And of course, this helps you beat necro, as you can mirror coat the photon geyser

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:ss/dragapult:
Band (Dragapult) @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature TBD
- Outrage
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Fire Blast
Pretty simple concept - Outrage/Phantom Force are hard-hitting STAB moves, Dragon Darts beats Haban Berry users like Kyurem, Regidrago, or even Zygarde. Fire Blast OHKOs Kartana and can KO less bulky Ferrothorn. We can decide later whether +Attack or +Speed nature is better depending on what Dragapult needs to cover, as well as whether we go -SpA, -Def or -SpD.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)