1v1 Old Gens & OMs

dom

Banned deucer.
I agree on avalugg, hitmonlee, azu, sawk, mew
im glad
I disagree on Mega Aggron, it is actually a great mon, i really love using it as it is splashable on teams and can run different sets, curse and attacking+burst, sturdy is generally good and beats lot of used pokemon and mid-used pokemon like gardevoir, zard, sylveon etc.
ok cool but what does it do particuarly well that other steels don't? flash cannon tran beats the mons you listed (WAY more reliably when it comes to zard, which is you know, the most used mon in any oras setting ever).
Sab to A+
I think I forgot to put this into VR but this mf is a beast, its probably the most splashable Pokemon in this metagame, great typing with its weakness only being fairy which is covered by most mons like steels and fires. beats many top threats from zard x, mega gyarados, mega meta, and some others like scizor, aegislash.
i think sab's a great mon but honestly a+ is a stretch to me. without cm (which, don't worry, has its own problems) it has a pretty awful mu vs special attackers and in general common mons (zardx should never lose to sab btw idk what you're smoking). gren, garde, bro, zard are all rly common mons. i think sab is an a rank mon, and maybe the best mon in that rank, but i don't think it's an a+ mon.
I agree on avalugg, hitmonlee, azu, sawk, mew
Sylveon b+ to b
Kinda tried using this during wc but always felt lackluster, it's an okay mon, doesn't really deserve its spot in B+. It can beat some mons but it does less than other b+ mons and loses to a lot of high ranks mons. Also finds it hard to put in teams.
disagree. in a meta without all (3) tapus, the fairies are, uh, not that great. specs is rly cool and with hp rock can nab kills on zard pretty easy. hyper voice kills whims, and honestly it's a solid pixilate fairy that differentiates itself from garde by not overrelying on its mediocre speed (and shit bulk). specs is cool, fake tears / yawn also rocks.

edit: when looking thru vr i had something else to say.

jumpluff b -> b+
you all know what this thing does. cmon. this thing's way better than anything else in b rank (looking at you, murkrow). zard doesn't rly run flame charge here so like, cmon man, this thing's solid. yea yea have a backup gyara check but this thing's miles better than the stuff in b (and some in a-, cmon volcanion).

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/0e436e50b508cd38 heres a few adv teams depending on if u ban or dont ban cune, these might be useless, becuase the celebi could be optimized if it doesnt have to try to beat cune

e: i dont really remember what all of these do exactly honestly, i think pert lives a cb hera megahorn and kills if it hits twice? smth along those lines, regice lives a cb tar rock slide? also u can make all the lum berries lefties since thats unbanned now, though again the question comes up w how this tier is gonna be handles since its now like officially played or whatever, protect on kou is so u dont lose to slaking)

sorry if that was a little all over the place

e:
Zapdos @ Magnet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Rest
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Flygon @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

messed up the first time around, its supposed to be dd protect tar for slaking

Last edited:
I hope everyones having a wonderful christmas/eve quick question is there a way to get gens 3 and 4 preview on main? I noticed theres a [gen 3] custom game option but i dont know if i can add team preview to that.

Reactions: dom

dom

Banned deucer.
I hope everyones having a wonderful christmas/eve quick question is there a way to get gens 3 and 4 preview on main? I noticed theres a [gen 3] custom game option but i dont know if i can add team preview to that.
sometimes they have bw/oras no preview and there could POTENTIALLY be a preview old gen for the roa ladder, but prolly not.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Went ahead and updated the 1v1 UU banlist to reflect the December stats. Here are the follow changes against the banlist that was in the OP:

Rising to Standard:

- Gardevoir-Mega (May have already been there but wasn't reflected in the OP)
- Victini
- Mew
- Donphan
- Kommo-o

Falling to UU:

+ Sableye-Mega
+ Kartana
+ Garchomp
+ Landorus-Therian

I also cleaned out the additional banlist for now since those mons are now Standard via usage or banned entirely.

Tol

Retirement house
Does anyone have any actual rulesets for Hackmons 1v1 or for BH 1v1? I keep pestering people but no-one seems to know anything and the only team in this thread is completely wack

tagging DEG because he doesn't answer me :blobglare:
uh
iirc the new version is just like reg hackmons but 1v1 style
also deg never ran it
also you say wack but deos is op, mega zam beats sturdinja/wonderguard, and then the obligatory wonderguarder
also lmao I forgot this thread existed

also you say wack but deos is op, mega zam beats sturdinja/wonderguard, and then the obligatory wonderguarder
One of the mons has 3 moves and one of the three is a priority move with psysurge... I think calling it wack is justified here even if it works.

Did you play it with standard EVs for any official reason or did you just think it would be more interesting? Thanks for the reply btw

Tol

Retirement house
One of the mons has 3 moves and one of the three is a priority move with psysurge... I think calling it wack is justified here even if it works.

Did you play it with standard EVs for any official reason or did you just think it would be more interesting? Thanks for the reply btw
Oh of course that’s not a great set, it just legitimately doesn’t need anything else besides ltbts and moongeist to beat everything it needs to
we played it with standard evs for god knows what reason, this wasn’t exactly a “carefully planned out format”, more like making a tour and unbanning illegal. It’s more than likely we did play with no ev restrictions actually, I prolly just got lazy and didn’t put in extras... I mean none of those mons need them rof
Like I said this wasn’t planned out or anything, just a fun casual thing

dom

Banned deucer.
For people a bit out of the loop this might have come out of nowhere but it's been discussed quite a bit. And yes, I got permission from TI and Quote to do this.

ORAS 1v1 Deo-D Suspect

Deoxys-Defense might not seem like the most upfront problematic Pokemon in ORAS 1v1, but it has been deemed suspect worthy by qualified ORAS tournament players (look at voter pool below) in a pretty overwhelmingly agreeing fashion.

We all know Deo-D was banned in SM 1v1, and the same applies in ORAS, (1, 2, 3) but it's honestly better in ORAS than it was in a pre-mimi-koko ban SM Z-Move meta. In ORAS 1v1, it's honestly a hard mon to beat, let alone consistently. Deo-D can run CounterCoat, Amnesia + Iron Defense and Cosmic Power + Seismic Toss, which pretty much all use Taunt, which is one of the main contributing factors as to why many believe this mon is broken. One of the main ways to beat stall would be Trick, as a choiced Deo-D will probably lose. However, Deo-D can Taunt trick users like Meloetta and Adamant Victinis. You have to keep CounterCoat and Amnesia + ID when playing, and if you Blast Burn a Deo-D using Amnesia or Mirror Coat, it's over if Deo-D lives (below 50% to beat 0 spdef). It can just be too hard to beat this mon consistently, especially with sets like Mental Herb, and the fast Dark, Bug and Ghost Types that might be able to use a type advantage are not particularly common or good Pokemon in the metagame.

It's a relevant mon in ORAS 1v1, too.

1v1 has a pretty established tournament circuit, and ORAS 1v1 is included in this. This will be a closed suspect, as even IF there was an ORAS 1v1 ladder, it would probably not be active enough to have reqs on. People who have proved themselves in smogon tournaments to be solid ORAS 1v1 players will be the voters, and you can see the requirements below. A 60% majority will be needed to ban Deo-D.
!Played at least 3 WCO1v1 games in ORAS and had a win/loss of at least .500!
TonyFlygon
dom
ggopw
EpicNikolai
Whaleeeee
DEG
TDA
pasy_g (;_;7)
toadandhishaxx
Scraftionite
!Played at least 3 1v1PL II games in ORAS and had a win/loss of at least .500!
Magma
Gross Sweep
ryyjyywyy
Elo Bandit
PenguinKnees
OM room
Top 6 of ORAS Cup II
Solerme
UBERLandon21
Iron Crusher
WhalemanCheng
TogliBabineBoeuf

If you qualified with one of these requirements and I forgot you, let me know.

The deadline will be Friday, the 25th at 11:59:59 PM EST. Voting will take place in a group conversation.

sorry Ango

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)