Metagame 1v1 Old Gens

Opchurtle100

I COULD BE BANNED!
Clefable Analysis

Clefable, the pokemon that will haunt any OU player's dreams. So the logical thing to do is introduce this pokemon to the adv 1v1 scene and see how it fares. It will either be a new top tier or another piece of Hungryfoodies's terrible creations.

Standard Stall (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 216 HP / 76 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Amnesia
- Counter
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

The first set is what started it all. I was looking for a mon with encore and counter along side good physical bulk and came across this monster. It triggered some long forgotten memories of 500 turn games and clefable using metronome and getting ancient power and getting the boosts to sweep my team. Anyway back to the set. This set takes advantage of its reliable recovery and the ability to boost its sp def and beat raikou. It has enough HP to always live the trademark banded moves of the metagame like banded meteor mash from metagross, brick break from t-tar and mence, and live other strong moves ig. However, if any of those mons set-up your screwed but they would probably be afraid of encore or in mence's case ice beam. Seismic toss is just for consistent damage cause Clef's offensive stats are trash. Soft boiled is for you guessed it, recovery. However, it is lacking in something clefable wants to run a lot of the time, encore.

Belly Drum (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 160 Atk / 76 Def / 56 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Counter
- Focus Punch / Brick Break
- Substitute

This set is more of a meme than anything else. The point was to beat registeel but thats not even a solid match-up because it just spams seismic toss. A +4 brick break doesn't even beat it and registeel can break your focus ez. It has counter for the same reasons as above but other than that its terrible. I feel I should also mention that blissey never breaks your sub with ice beam unless they crit.

Encore Stall (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 184 Def / 36 SpA / 72 SpD
Modest Nature
- Encore
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam

This set is utilizing what makes any somewhat decent mon viable, encore. Encore allows it to have a chance against sceptile while still being able to beats other stall mons too. Ice beam is for mence specifically but is also another way to deal with wak. The biggest downside to this set is that you don't have counter which doesn't allows you to beat big scary banded attackers. And that's a perfect transition into our next set:

CounterCore (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 16 HP / 196 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt / Seismic toss
- Encore
- Counter
- Ice Beam / Soft Boiled

This set is abusing encore and counter allowing it to beat as I could make it beat. T-bolt and encore allow you to beat gyarados, dodrio, and vaporeon while seismic lets you beat registeel. Encore is for the obvious reasons to beat other stall mons and pert. Ice beam allows you to have a solid match-up against marowak and mence. However, I think you know that all these sets lose to a certain stall killer called Alakazam and that were the last set comes in:

Banded (Clefable) (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Def / 48 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break
- Ice Beam
- Counter

This set is really niche and works well as bait most of the time. Its supposed to beat gengar if it doesn't wisp t1 and zam with shadow ball. Brick break beats blissey and lets you beat DD t-tar. Ice beam is to have a chance to beat wak and mence if you don't want to counter. However, the sp def mence and wak match-up is a little shaky.

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
im here to save the thread from being 15 posts in 1 page adv 1v1 random things

bw shifts

Rises:

:Suicune: A to A+
:Latios: A- to A
:Mew: A- to A
:Raikou: A- to A
:Scrafty: A- to A
:Haxorus: B to B+
:Scizor: B to B+
:Thundurus-Therian: C+ to B
:Medicham: UR to C
:Donphan: UR to C
:Hitmonlee: UR to C-
:Serperior: UR to C
:Entei: UR to C-

Drops:
:Slowbro: A- to B+
:Archeops: B+ to B
:Gyarados: B+ to B
:Excadrill: B to B-
:Starmie: B- to C+
:Umbreon: B- to C+
:Krookodile: C+ to C

will update post when im free

Opchurtle100

I COULD BE BANNED!
This is another part of my plan for the ADV Takeover >:)

More ADV Samples: Heat Edition

CrossNiteGross

Basically I created this team by strapping on a steel type and fighting type with Dragonite(You'll see I did the same exact thing with the next team because its so effective). The idea was that dragonite can beat mence, vaporeon, raikou, and zapdos which opens up the doors for its teammates. The evs on dragonite is to live an ice beam from non-sp att vaporeon and outpace t-tar and hope you get the roughly 5% chance to beat it. It also outspeeds base 100 mons after a dd. The heracross' moves a normal but the evs aren't. It super spdef so it can beat alakazam(yes it can beat zam without endure), live a +1 hydro pump from starmie if they don't have psychic, raikou, and an adament 0 sp att overheat from blaziken(that calc won't some into play that much). It has enough speed to outpace 252 speed adament metagross and hope it crits it reversal or gets a high roll. Basically, it acts as a solid fighting type for the team. Now I'm really proud of the metagross set for some reason. Its an anti-gross gross and any chance to run shadow ball on gross is something I want to take advantage of. Mainly because LRXC doesn't like it. Now I didn't put shadow ball there for no reason. It beats starmie and dusclops which are things the team struggles to deal with reliably. The HP is to always live a +1 hydro from starmie and the def is to live banded eqs from some really strong mons. However, you don't need that much def investment but I know its for something. I just forgot. It has enough speed to outspeed 252 adament metagross.
Dragonite @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 112 HP / 32 Atk / 240 SpA / 20 SpD / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt

Heracross @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 8 HP / 160 Atk / 200 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Reversal
- Megahorn
- Substitute

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 184 HP / 32 Atk / 120 Def / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psychic
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball

BL Knights

Fun Fact: This is the first time I used registeel in adv(yes I hate stall that much.) This time I built dragonite to have a more "supportive" role. The evs on dragonite let it beat non-hp ice Zapdos and live a +1 flail 1 hp from gyarados. Ice beam beats wak and mence as usual. It has enough speed so it outpaces aerodactyl after a agility and KOEs it with a +1 t-bolt or beam from the petya activation. Now wing attack might seem like a odd big but it really isn't. It just lets you beat heracross while still having more PP than aerial ace. Also, I didn't want the stat drops from HP Flying because that kinda ruins the set. The only time I can see aerial ace over wing attack is if your facing fast bright powder mons. Hariyama is my fighting type of choice because I wanted to try it out. The purpose of this set is to beat vaporeon, pert, zam, gengar, registeel, and other deadly things to the team. It was enough HP and Sp def to beat zam, gar, and vaporeon as long as you hit 1 cross chop against vaporeon. The speed is to outspeed base uninvested 65s. Arm thrust is to beat sceptile so I don't have to set guess at team preview.
Dragonite @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 112 HP / 200 Def / 132 SpA / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Agility
- Wing Attack
- Thunderbolt

Hariyama @ Scope Lens
Ability: Guts
EVs: 24 HP / 204 Atk / 156 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Focus Energy
- Cross Chop
- Arm Thrust
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Amnesia
- Iron Defense
- Rest
- Seismic Toss

PorySkarmCross

This team is inspired by the Dragonite+steel+fighting type but I thought porygon2 filled the role better the Dragonite plus its cooler. It has a more solid match-up against raikou, dos, and starmie while also not being x4 weak to ice. The evs are a little old and you can find what they do if you scroll all the way up to my Porygon2 analysis but I'm to lazy to copy paste it here. I chose Skarm because I never used it before and it was really cool. See the main ways to beat steel types are to beat them with a ground or fighting type move / pokemon. However, Skarm is immune to ground and is neutral to fighting making an excellent answer to those mons. This set specifically is made to beat some set-up variants of different mons and beat down physical attackers with the combination of taunt and counter. Agility is to beat stall sceptile which can come in handy. Its evd so even with sp def drop hax alakazam cant beat it while drill peck 2hkoes zam. Overall, I think skarm is a solid member to the team and could use some more research even though LRXC made a set on it. The main thing its weak to is rock slide flinches. Heracross is for the same reason it was on the other team, to be a good fighting type. However, I'm running Liecha berry to beat metagross with reversal without relying on hax.
SKREAM FOR SKARM (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 104 HP / 212 Def / 8 SpD / 184 Spe
Impish Nature
- Counter
- Taunt
- Drill Peck
- Agility

Hera (Heracross) (F) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Swarm
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 HP / 160 Atk / 180 SpD / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Reversal
- Megahorn
- Substitute

PoryGONE2 (Porygon2) @ Choice Band
Ability: Trace
EVs: 8 HP / 144 Atk / 172 Def / 184 SpD
Lonely Nature
- Return
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Tail

KecNineGar

The team was build around arcanine because why not. Its one of the few Fire types that can beat t-tar without running band. This allows it to actually run other moves that will help it like agility. Its evd to allows live a adament banded rock slide even after sand from t-tar and HP Fighting 2hkoes or if there jolly then you have a good chance to OHKO with e-speed after a HP Fighting. You have enough Sp att to OHKO Metagross with an overheat and agility can be used to beat sceptile and celebi. However, if celebi subs t1 then you lose in they don't choke. Its also able to beat zam by e-speeding twice. The kecleon set beats cursepert if you trick t1. Counter is useful because it can beat aero and other hard hitting physical attackers who wouldn't dare use a special move on you because of Kec's high sp def. Return is they for the stab and Rest is to increase long jevity. Gengar is there to take pressure off Kec of being the modest starmie answer and it can deal with registeel. Its speed is to outspeed modest starmie and I forgot when the rest of the evs do but you gotta trust the spread. Sub petya is to beat starmie with a literal 50/50 and ice punch is for mence and wak. T-bolt beats gyarados, vaporeon, and starmie. I personally like taunt over giga drain because I don't like long games but giga drain can be used to beat pert.
Kecleon @ Choice Band
Ability: Color Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 Def
Impish Nature
- Trick
- Return
- Counter
- Rest

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 60 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Extreme Speed
- Overheat
- Agility

Gengar @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 120 HP / 56 Def / 156 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Taunt / Giga Drain
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
:bw/kyurem-black: :bw/kyurem-black: :bw/kyurem-black: :bw/kyurem-black: :bw/kyurem-black: :bw/kyurem-black: :bw/kyurem-black: :bw/kyurem-black: :bw/kyurem-black:
This mon has been a topic of discussion for a while now, being voted on as far back as 2 years ago. As more of its checks have been banned in Whimsicott and Cottonee, Kyub has emerged as the best mon in the tier by far. Taking a look at the usage stats from the recent 1v1WC, it has almost double the usage of the second most used mon using a variety of sets in Choice Scarf, Choice Band, and Haban Berry being the main ones and Choice Specs / Imprison sets also being used (generally same thing in BW Cup as well). Its easy to see why a lot of community members think that the mon is too overcentralizing for the tier. Personally, I think that the meta has adapted to dealing with Kyub shown by the high usage of checks to it such as Jirachi, Mew, Ferrothorn, Rhyperior, Victini, Crustle, Metagross and others. While sets like the aforementioned Specs is used to deal with some of these checks like Ferro, Rhyp, Vic and Crustle, there is a lot of opportunity cost in doing so and misses out on an important matchup like Raikou that you would beat with Scarf / Imprison and vice versa. I would like for people to discuss and voice their opinions regarding Kyub and whether it should stay in the BW 1v1 metagame. pogrunner out.

Last edited:

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Kyurem-Black's dominance simply cannot be overstated. This is a Pokemon that can build itself to beat pretty much anything it wants, suffering little repercussion in doing so beyond using perhaps Specially Defense for Genesect and Thundurus-Therian.

The biggest issue with checking or countering Kyurem-Black is that if you aren't a Steel type or an otherwise exceedingly bulky Pokemon with a high power super effective STAB, you're basically forced to bend over backwards to cover it, whether it means being forced to run a Choice item or Gem, Endure + Custap, Haban Berry, Counter, absurd physical bulk, or any combination of the five.

Consider the nature of BW teams currently: pretty much every team is forced to have a Kyub answer, or delegate the effort of beating Kyub between multiple mons, with each covering particular subsets of Kyub. Then you look at Kyub itself and see that its sets are starting to become like Monopoke sets with setups like Haban Berry + Imprison or bulking itself. It is natural that any good mon would force people to prepare for it, but I hope it's becoming clear at this point that Kyub isn't just your average good mon.

This is a notion I've mentioned a few times as of late, but I do believe that Kyurem-Black is a perfect example of a Pokemon that's so good it forces itself to become bad. What I mean when I say this is that the metagame has become warped around beating Kyurem-Black, where it is such a demanding Pokemon to account for that any teams that don't directly account for it or make use of it itself are labeled as bad. This is effectively the textbook definition of a broken Pokemon:
III.) Broken - elements that are too good relative to the rest of the metagame such that "more skillful play" is almost always rendered irrelevant
  • A.) Important to note that it is a relative statement; a 200/200/200/200/200/200 BST Pokemon with standard movepool would be broken in a metagame where the average is say, 100/100/100/100/100/100, not where the average is 200/200/200/200/200/200
  • B.) Examples are mostly Pokemon and include strong Ubers like Kyogre, Groudon, and Arceus. These aren't necessarily completely uncompetitive because they don't take the determining factor out of the player's hands; both can use these Pokemon and both probably have a fair chance to win. They are broken because they almost dictate / require usage, and a standard team facing a standard team with one of them would be at a drastic disadvantage. These examples limit team building skill.
  • C.) Examples also include ones whose only counters or checks are extraordinarily gimmicky Pokemon that would put the team at a large disadvantage elsewhere. These examples also limit team building skill.
  • D.) Uncompetitive and Broken defined like this tend to be mutually exclusive in practice, but aren't necessarily entirely so.
    • 1.) BP was deemed uncompetitive because of how drastically it removed battling skill's effects and brought the battle down to match up, but it could also be deemed broken because of the unique ways in which you had to deal with it.
    • 2.) While this isn't always the case, an uncompetitive thing probably isn't broken, but a broken thing is more likely to be uncompetitive simply due to the unique counter / check component. For example, Mega Kangaskhan was deemed broken because it was simply too good relative to the rest of the metagame and caused the tier to centralize around it, but it could also be labeled as uncompetitive because of the severe team match up restriction it caused by punishing players if they did not pack one of the few gimmicky and obscure counters or checks for it.
References to "team building skill" here: (relevant parts highlighted)
A.) Team Building Skill - the part of skill that is involved in the preparation for a battle
  • 1.) Assessing threats - ability to recognize major threats in the metagame and identify how they both individually and in tandem deal with your team
    • a.) Involves having metagame knowledge through playing and observing
    • b.) Involves the ability to think beyond individual Pokemon threats and into the realm of threatening strategies and concepts
  • 2.) Dealing with threats - ability to maximize the 6 Pokemon slots, 24 move slots, and 6 item slots to handle metagame threats
    • a.) Ability to recognize which slots are not serving maximum utility
    • b.) Ability to replace low efficiency slots with higher efficiency options
  • 3.) Building Towards a Strategy (or strategies) - ability to build a team that is "greater than the sum of the individual parts"
    • a.) Having the 6 Pokemon work together to cover weaknesses and emphasize strengths instead of just having 6 Pokemon with no cohesive strategy
      • * The most basic and common examples for covering weaknesses include combinations like CeleTran (Celebi and Heatran) or GyaraZone (Gyarados and Magnezone) in DPP
      • * One of the most basic and common example for emphasizing strengths includes a combination like DoubleDragon (using two Dragon Dancers to punch holes for each other).
    • b.) Obviously isn't limited to combinations or trios; can refer to overall team strategies (think BP chains before outlawed or simple stall cores that work to cover each other's flaws)
  • 4.) Creativity - ability to come up with unique strategies or sets to swing momentum in your favor
    • a.) This means being able to surprise the opponent with a unique set or strategy without losing on general utility (too much)
    • b.) Doesn't just mean creating new sets, but also being able to use existing sets in a creative manner
  • 5.) Catering to Metagame / Opponents - ability to predict opponent trends, patterns, and tendencies
    • a.) Involves knowing the percentages of what you'll encounter on ladder and being able to build accordingly.
    • b.) Involves knowing your opponents in tournaments and take note of their common trends in building and prepare accordingly.
With this in mind, let's take a look at the viable Kyurem-Black checks and counters and see how they fare if it were to disappear:
A+
:jirachi: Jirachi generally remains unchanged in how it is used, though might fall off, due to the fires and electrics rising up, as well as some of the water types, now that they are no longer being oppressed by Kyub.
:sawk: Sawk is no longer forced to run Endure + Custap + Reversal, though generally doesn't like that steel types will be falling off with Kyub gone, nor is it fond of most of the fires, electrics, and waters.

A
:Genesect: Genesect takes a hard hit from losing its biggest target, as well as fires and electrics rising. It would still be good for a handful of mons it can beat by going physical, but would undoubtedly fall off.
:keldeo: Keldeo would be very happy not being forced to run Focus Blast anymore, though is half and half when it comes to handling fires, electrics, and waters.
:mew: Mew (stall) remains generally unchanged, though isn't particularly fond of the rising fires and electrics.
:scrafty: Scrafty tanks a bit from Kyub being gone and steels dropping, though might stay useful depending on whether or not it can adapt to the fires, electrics, and waters, and whether or not mons like Chansey and Snorlax rise up.

A-
:heatran: Heatran is hit hard by Kyub's absence. Its niche is mostly defined by its ability to cover both Kyub and the other steels that beat Kyub, so with Kyub gone and the steels that beat it dropping off as a result, Heatran's main niche would have to stem from beating the fires, of which it can't really even beat Victini all too well.
:Rhyperior: Rhyperior is half and half. It appreciates the fires and electrics rising up, though is particularly nervous around waters.
:tyranitar: Tyranitar is in a similar boat to Rhyperior, though also appreciates feeling less obliged to run Rock Gem or Counter.

B+
:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr will plummet as a result of Kyub and steels falling off. It simply just isn't equipped to deal with the fires, and is iffy against most of the electrics and waters depending on what you run.
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn is hurting. The fires are a huge issue and most of the electrics choke you out unless you run bullet seed for Raikou, though it can very easily switch to HP Fire if it gets sick of Ferro. Appreciates most of the waters besides Keldeo, at least.
:metagross: Metagross struggles similarly to Genesect as a result of losing one of the mons it was particularly good at beating, in addition to the rise of fires and electrics.
:scizor: Scizor struggles like most other steels. In a meta without Kyub, its only good and reliable top matchup is Cresselia.
:terrakion: Terrakion is now free from being forced to use Band or Fighting Gem and appreciates fires rising up, though not as confident against the waters.

B
:archeops: Archeops can finally not be afraid to use Band, and absolutely loves steels dropping off. Still doesn't appreciate some of the bulkier waters and Raikou, though.
:haxorus: Haxorus loves fighting all three of the rising types, and can finally switch back to consistently using Mold Breaker and items that aren't Choice Scarf or Custap.
:hydreigon: Hydreigon isn't as obliged to run Haban or Scarf anymore, and appreciates steels dropping off and the rising three.
:registeel: Registeel absolutely hates not having Kyubs and steels to bully, and instead gets bullied itself by the fires and electrics, as well as multiple of the waters.

B-
:durant: Durant appreciates Genesect being less of an issue, though is still a bit worried about the waters and electrics. Good luck hitting Stone Edges against the fires, as well-
:excadrill: Excadrill absolutely hates that the fires and electrics are faster than it and would need to give up all its power against other mons to run Scarf to beat them, not to mention water types in general existing.
:virizion: Virizion is hurting a bit with both steels falling off and fires rising. It does appreciate waters and is half and half against electrics, though.

C+
:bronzong: Bronzong struggles badly with the rising three and wishes it had the steels to pick on back.
:riolu: Riolu struggles pretty badly with the rising three and steels dropping off. Kyub in particular was also easily the biggest thing riding in Riolu's favor.

C
:Dusclops: Dusclops appreciates not needing Counter or Disable as badly, though also doesn't appreciate the rise of mons that viably run Taunt or setup.

C-
:escavalier: Escavalier hates dealing with all of the rising three and wishes it had Kyub and the steels back.
:hitmonlee: Hitmonlee struggles similarly to Escavalier.
With the above in mind, I do not think it is an exaggeration to suggest that Kyurem-Black's presence alone in the metagame is impeding upon the viability of multiple otherwise great Pokemon, while also forcing multiple Pokemon that otherwise wouldn't be that great to become prominent solely because they beat Kyurem-Black. When this kind of impression is placed upon an entire metagame by a single Pokemon, I think that that is enough of a red flag to signal that action must be taken. It is clear to see that if Kyub were to be removed, the aspect of teambuilding skills outlined above would greatly benefit; Creativity in teambuilding would experience a large increase, while the matter of Dealing with threats would be much less monopolized, which brings me to my next point.

On the matter of Dragonite, it is a very reasonable suspicion that Dragonite may rise to significant prominence in the absence of Kyurem-Black, to which it may very well necessitate a suspect discussion of its own, but the important thing to bear in mind right now is Kyurem-Black and its impact on the current meta. Tiering should always be based around the metagame in its current status; you simply do not enforce or restrict bans based on what the meta might become as a result, but instead what the meta is, right now, and the meta right now is centralized excessively around the impact brought about by a single Pokemon. There's always the underlying fear of a ban creating a "domino effect", where one bans leads to another, and another, and so forth, but the fact of the matter reigns true: bans are for the betterment of a metagame, so that it may become not only more balanced and competitive, but also a more fulfilling endeavor for the people who play it. Whether it takes 4 bans or 40, that should always be the point we strive for.
Thanks for reading-

:kyurem-black:
Finally, a suspect test for this broken mon that's been plaguing BW 1v1 for way too much time

I could stay here all day talking about how broken and hard to counter and metagame warping this mon is, things that should be clearly obvious at first glance seeing that it's a dragon type with 170 base attack and stall-mon level bulk that can do fucking everything in a metagame with no fairy types.
I could also spend 2 hours here trying to talk about tiering policy, but Rosa did it better. And I could stay here all day correcting Rosa's post, metagame knowledge-wise, in a way that doesn't allow Kaif to simply ignore it because of a few minor flaws.
But I'm just gonna say this
If we ended up banning mr. LC mon Cottonee that had more counters and was less metagame warping and realistically only had a single viable set, and we don't ban Box Legendary KyuB, then there's something wrong with the Council and how it upholds its bans.
No amount of "oh but dnite becomes broken afterwards" or "hey but the metagame is warped enough already that every single fighting/steel type immediately becomes B tier and above because it beats kyub, so we have enough counters" is gonna be enough to justify kyub being in the tier, because both reasonings are just wrong. Please ban Kyurem-Black so we can actually get some progress in on making bw a better metagame

Mubs out

Last edited:

SolarflareRo

Banned deucer.
kyub is a goober but i dont think its as broken as some ppl say like it has counters and yea it can use a lot of sets but for every meta it has had 1 set that was used 95% of the time like rn its using haban but a while ago it was band and before that scarf was the most used set also specs is pretty shit tbh like u lose so many mus just to beat ferro and genesect and genesect can beat u, also the number of mus that u lose to beat ferro and genesect will make u lose to another pokemon on the oppo's team and i think specs kyub is very easy to notice if u pay attention to the team it is on like if its paired up with a snorlax or a pz and the team dosent have a fighting or a fire and looks like it loses to ferro and genesect its safe to assume its specs also i can maybe see people making a ferro set that tanks hp fire bcs ferro uses 252 attack adamnt and it def dosent need all that but not sure. I also believe it having like double the ussage in tours of other mons is dumb but i think that happens because its just easy to build with like u can use kyub+suicune and a third that beats virizion and ferro or kyub+cresselia and get a third that beats pp stallers and u can just make so many teams this way bcs it just pairs up rly well with a lot of stuff like pz meloetta fightings fires and a few steels and a lot of other mons.

Also i know this useless but i dont believe the meta will change that much if we ban kyub besides fightings only having 1 viable mon that is hariyama cuz it beats dnite (we need to make a new set for it doe cuz sometimes it dies to gem draco...) and some other stuff that other fightings cant also waters electrics and fires wont rly rise cuz they dont exist or they enjoyed kyurem being in the tier bcs they smoked his ass/worked rly well with kyub (talking about stuff like victini volcarona thundurus-t and manaphy they could beat kyub or be his partener) also dnite beats these types harder than kyub so i dont believe they will get a buff also the dragons that used haban will still use it probably and steels arent getting a big nerf because they arent that used as kyub counters or even used that much (ferro used and is viable unlike genesect and heatran who ass but heatran can use cool custap) also dnite and suicune and some other mons could probably be even more broken that kyub is rn

anyway im sure some ppl like kaif agree with me abt it not being broken just centralizing or some shit also idk what im voting

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
DEG Ban
eblurb Do Not Ban
Freddy Kyogre Abstain
ggopw Do Not Ban
Gym Socks! Abstain
Jirachirelia Ban
Kaif Do Not Ban
Krytocon Abstain
Mubs Did Not Vote Yet
neomon Did Not Vote Yet
PA Abstain
Sanshokuinsumireko Do Not Ban
Simbo Did Not Vote Yet
SolarflareRo Do Not Ban
Stable Ban
Wanony Did Not Vote Yet
XSTATIC COLD Do Not Ban
Yami Ban
With 14 voters excluding abstainers and 6 Do Not Ban votes, the 60% supermajority to ban Kyurem-Black cannot be reached. As a result, Kyurem-Black will stay legal in the BW 1v1 tier.

:boatogostandode:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
aight ADV set dump from my cup run. some of these are new heat, some are just improvements on the sets in LRXC's set dump

band zapdos :zapdos:
Zapdos @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 52 Atk / 16 Def / 36 SpA / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Peck
- Thunderbolt
- Shock Wave

Zapdos @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 168 HP / 248 Atk / 36 SpA / 16 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Peck
- Thunderbolt
- Shock Wave
this was an LRXC invention that I optimized. this is great for stuff like sceptile, some regice variants, ttar, celebi, alakazam, basically anything that doesn't enjoy flying STAB. first spread is better cause who wants to run zapdos that loses to gyarados. 192 HP eats a regice ice beam, 192hp + 16 defense makes band meta mash a 3hko, 212 spe is for gyara, 36 SpA makes you KO starmie with tbolt, rest attack. the second spread is for if your team is shitty vs regice, you drop a lot of speed (speed is for tar) and maximize attack. 168 hp + 16spD lives beam, and 252+ is for absolute strongest hp fighting possible. honestly I dont think this is much of a lure cause its easy to read, its just generally a good mon.

RT sludge metagross :metagross:
Metagross @ Choice Band
EVs: 184 HP / 152 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Tomb
- Dynamic Punch
- Sludge Bomb
RT is a neat tech but the accuracy is ass. if you hit 2, you can beat mence and non-lefties zap. sludge bomb is cool for bopping sceptile.

band sceptile :sceptile:
Sceptile @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 180 Atk / 8 Def / 100 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam
- Aerial Ace
I used this for blurb and his fire/flying spam. HP rock + EQ beats pretty much every fire type along with raikou and zapdos. aerial ace beats hera. solar beam is for vaporeon and pert, naive nature puts you in overgrow range after a vapo ice beam. 8 defense lives regirock rock slide, solar beam kills in overgrow range.

typhlosion :typhlosion:
Typhlosion @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Blast Burn
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
this is a charizard that trades a win on maro for a win on blissey. punch helps with amnesia regice and registeel too.

better regice EVs :regice:
Regice @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 124 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Amnesia
- Seismic Toss
- Icy Wind
12 speed for marowak after icy wind.
248 HP + 124 defense lives aerodactyl rock slide, maximum hp invest is nice to have to support that sky high spdef too.
if you have tbolt, do 252 + 124 to live flail, take the 4 EVs out of SpA

tauros :tauros:
Tauros (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 208 HP / 104 Atk / 20 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Return
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
faster, weaking ursaring with intimidate. speed EVs are for outspeeding base 100s. 208 HP lives a mash from band metagross, 20 in spdef lives a subpetaya leaf blade from sceptile. rest is attack. it's okay, nothing insane. beats stuff like tar, metagross, zapdos, regice

jumpluff :jumpluff:
Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 244 HP / 84 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Protect
- Amnesia
aight this one is a bit crackhead. basically jumpluff does well against stall. like, really well. dusclops, blissey, pert, zapdos, registeel, vaporeon all lose. it's ass vs anything remotely offensive though. it's very niche, and somewhat unreliable bc crit bait, but it might be one of the best anti-stall mons.

speaking of anti-stall, improved houndoom :houndoom:
Houndoom @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 8 HP / 140 SpA / 108 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Toxic
this is just a slight improvement imo on the taunt houndoom in lrxc's dump. imo any good anti-stall mon should beat bliss, so that's what this aims to do. the defensive investment is for blissey ice beam, and toxic puts bliss on a timer. correct sequence is taunt toxic then alternate taunt and crunch. I could not find any notable calcs that charcoal helps with, and bliss has 20% ice beam freeze so lum is a big deal.

fat mence :salamence:
Salamence @ Liechi Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Atk / 48 Def / 20 SpD / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Brick Break
nothing special here, just some nice EVs for a really really fat salamence. this lives a rock slide from bandtar, HP ice from raikou, hits 396 speed after a DD, rest in attack.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I would like to come back to a subject that seems to me to have been recalled months ago and that we have not completed. The subject I will remedy is Kyurem-Black and its immeasurable power in the ORAS. Kyub has very good offensive or defensive stats that place him in the "UBERS" category but it's particularly confusing to know if he will continue to drill holes in ORAS.

Type: Dragon/Ice
Stats: 125 HP/170 Atk/100 Def/120 SpA/90 SpD/95 Spe

Ability: Teravolt- Abilities that hinder attacks are nullified.

Notable Moves:
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Ice Beam
Fusion Bolt
Earth Power
Roost
Reflect
Substitute
Stone Edge
Draco Meteor
Focus Blast
HP fire
Iron Head

Kyurem-B is a very real threat, with fantastic mixed offensive statistics, including a stunning attack of 170 and a very good special attack of 120. It also boasts a very good volume with 125/100/95 defenses, and an interesting ability. However, Kyurem-B should not be underestimated his statisticsto as one uber is enough to make it look like an ever-present threat.

Potential sets:

fast scarf (standard set) (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive/ Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

To be in front of a Kyurem-B scarf was a frightening affair. It is extremely easy for the Kyurem-B to drill holes quickly thanks to its interesting resistance. Kyub becomes incredibly dangerous thanks to its large mixed coverage.
1) Ice Beam is Kyurem-B's most reliable STAB option, hitting everything that doesn't resist it for a large amount of damage.
2) Fusion Bolt is excellent coverage alongside Ice Beam, hitting Water types super effectively and hitting almost all of Ice Beam's resists for at least neutral damage.
3) Earth Power gives Kyurem the ability to hit most Steel, Fire, and Rock types super effectively while also hitting Levitate users thanks to Teravolt.

Kyurem-Black @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 152 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Reflect
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Kyurem-B can run an all out weakness policy set with success as well. Since Kyurem-B gets solid coverage with those 3 moves, it can run Reflect in the fourth slot, this set is very special, allowing him to defeat steel types like M-Mawile, M-Metagross or M-Tyranitar after having had the effect of weakness policy of course.

With the introduction of the fairies types, the dragon type movements are reduced and less powerful but the choice band is not put aside and makes it even more powerful and devastating. Outrage, dragon type movement the most powerful, anything that doesn't resist and even those who do will suffer colossal damage. The reason why Kyub is one of the favorite stars of the tier is its versatility. He can be played offensively, defensively and I would say at the same time a "revenge killer". Kyurem-Black is among the best and will remain a real threat to be prepared for in the ORAS metagame. With attack statistics of 170/120, Kyurem is sure to hit hard.

As a council, I suggest honoring a suspect.

Last edited:
this ban suggestion doesn’t make much sense and I don’t really have the time to make a big post nor do I want to write another deleted one liner, so just gonna put brief two cents

kyub CAN beat a lot it doesn’t really necessarily beat everything you suggest. Reflect+WP, specs, haban, and scarf all have a shit ton of opportunity cost between each other. Steels and fairies run oras and there is 0 feasible chance that kyub can beat a good portion at the same time, sure you can probably pick and choose some (arguably unreliable) like mmaw regi and mgross to cheese but ur nr alleviating the stall issue or even being all that reliable at what you’re supposed to beat, asw you’re missing key shit like zards by not running scarf/haban. Sure, it requires a bit of setguessing w/ a bad mu but idr see it being the kingpin you make it out be. A lot of commonly used shit (will edit in when back home) just dunks on it hard. Tagging Mubs Elo Bandit smely socks if they wanna be more in-depth

Hello everyone, I would like to come back to a subject that seems to me to have been recalled months ago and that we have not completed. The subject I will remedy is Kyurem-Black and its immeasurable power in the ORAS. Kyub has very good offensive or defensive stats that place him in the "UBERS" category but it's particularly confusing to know if he will continue to drill holes in ORAS.

Type: Dragon/Ice
Stats: 125 HP/170 Atk/100 Def/120 SpA/90 SpD/95 Spe

Ability: Teravolt- Abilities that hinder attacks are nullified.

Notable Moves:
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Ice Beam
Fusion Bolt
Earth Power
Roost
Reflect
Substitute
Stone Edge
Draco Meteor
Focus Blast
HP fire
Iron Head

Kyurem-B is a very real threat, with fantastic mixed offensive statistics, including a stunning attack of 170 and a very good special attack of 120. It also boasts a very good volume with 125/100/95 defenses, and an interesting ability. However, Kyurem-B should not be underestimated his statisticsto as one uber is enough to make it look like an ever-present threat.

Potential sets:

fast scarf (standard set) (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive/ Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

To be in front of a Kyurem-B scarf was a frightening affair. It is extremely easy for the Kyurem-B to drill holes quickly thanks to its interesting resistance. Kyub becomes incredibly dangerous thanks to its large mixed coverage.
1) Ice Beam is Kyurem-B's most reliable STAB option, hitting everything that doesn't resist it for a large amount of damage.
2) Fusion Bolt is excellent coverage alongside Ice Beam, hitting Water types super effectively and hitting almost all of Ice Beam's resists for at least neutral damage.
3) Earth Power gives Kyurem the ability to hit most Steel, Fire, and Rock types super effectively while also hitting Levitate users thanks to Teravolt.

Kyurem-Black @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 152 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Reflect
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Kyurem-B can run an all out weakness policy set with success as well. Since Kyurem-B gets solid coverage with those 3 moves, it can run Reflect in the fourth slot, this set is very special, allowing him to defeat steel types like M-Mawile, M-Metagross or M-Tyranitar after having had the effect of weakness policy of course.

With the introduction of the fairies types, the dragon type movements are reduced and less powerful but the choice band is not put aside and makes it even more powerful and devastating. Outrage, dragon type movement the most powerful, anything that doesn't resist and even those who do will suffer colossal damage. The reason why Kyub is one of the favorite stars of the tier is its versatility. He can be played offensively, defensively and I would say at the same time a "revenge killer". Kyurem-Black is among the best and will remain a real threat to be prepared for in the ORAS metagame. With attack statistics of 170/120, Kyurem is sure to hit hard.

As a council, I suggest honoring a suspect.

Hello, I understand your concerns and I do believe that Kyurem-Black has hidden potential but for now I do not think it's near broken. It's true that Kyurem-Black have many sets but most of them, well all of them combined, don't make it broken. Firstly, when you look at them, Kyurem-Black do have opportunity cost when it comes to the sets. While it's true that every set is tailored to beat a different threat but when you look at the whole landscape some sets do beat the same stuff and what the special set beat isn't much. Kyurem-Black also has many popular counters, its speed tier isn't amazing for ORAS so running Choice Band or Specs can be detrimental, the popular counters are also EV'd not only for Kyurem-Black but for other threats which doesn't make it centralizing, heck, I believe that there's many Pokemon in ORAS that are more centralizing than Kyurem-Black that it becomes an afterthought some examples are Charizard, Sablye-Mega, and Mawile-Mega.

If we're diving more in details, the Choiced sets are the one with the most opportunity cost but they do what they should do. On team preview, the choiced sets should be easily discernable as I don't think someone's going to run Kyurem-Black in their team without patching the weaknesses. For instance, if the team seems weak to physical wall, that Kyurem-Black is definitely Choice Specs. When it comes to the other sets, Kyurem-Black doesn't have much "good" random sets except the Weakness Policy which can be known when the team loses to steel-types. lol. All Kyurem-Black loses to Steel-types except this one. Also Mega-Metagross rarely loses to Kyurem-Black even if the latter is weakness policy. (Yes, Hidden Power Fire is HORRIBLE, it doesn't even beat popular steel-types. It's only a good genesect / scizor lure.) What I'm trying to say is that Kyurem-Black is past the lure meta and you can rarely lure with it in high skilled level play, except if you create some sorcery which is hats off and you deserve the win. For now, I do not believe that Kyurem-Black deserves to be looked at, but in the near future when it becomes problematic with many more new sets, maybe? nothing is ruled out.

:charizard-mega-x::charizard-mega-y::kyurem-black::kingdra::zapdos:
1v1 Classic IV - Replays and Usage Stats:

Classic Cups:

SM Cup:

Replays:
Link - 65k Characters is Smogon's limit
Usage Stats:
Full SM 1v1 Cup Usage Stats:

Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Charizard          |   36 |  14.40% |  41.67% |
| 2    | Dragonite          |   30 |  12.00% |  63.33% |
| 3    | Serperior          |   25 |  10.00% |  32.00% |
| 4    | Tapu Lele          |   23 |   9.20% |  52.17% |
| 5    | Gyarados           |   22 |   8.80% |  31.82% |
| 6    | Garchomp           |   21 |   8.40% |  47.62% |
| 7    | Gardevoir          |   19 |   7.60% |  68.42% |
| 8    | Victini            |   18 |   7.20% |  44.44% |
| 9    | Magearna           |   17 |   6.80% |  58.82% |
| 10   | Kommo-o            |   16 |   6.40% |  43.75% |
| 11   | Greninja           |   15 |   6.00% |  46.67% |
| 12   | Aegislash          |   14 |   5.60% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Tapu Fini          |   14 |   5.60% |  42.86% |
| 14   | Zeraora            |   12 |   4.80% |  66.67% |
| 14   | Mawile             |   12 |   4.80% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Metagross          |   12 |   4.80% |  25.00% |
| 14   | Genesect           |   12 |   4.80% |  16.67% |
| 18   | Porygon-Z          |   11 |   4.40% |  90.91% |
| 18   | Lopunny            |   11 |   4.40% |  54.55% |
| 18   | Tapu Bulu          |   11 |   4.40% |  45.45% |
| 18   | Donphan            |   11 |   4.40% |  45.45% |
| 18   | Heatran            |   11 |   4.40% |  36.36% |
| 23   | Landorus-Therian   |   10 |   4.00% |  60.00% |
| 23   | Slowbro            |   10 |   4.00% |  50.00% |
| 25   | Magnezone          |    9 |   3.60% |  77.78% |
| 25   | Zygarde            |    9 |   3.60% |  55.56% |
| 25   | Altaria            |    9 |   3.60% |  44.44% |
| 25   | Swampert           |    9 |   3.60% |  33.33% |
| 25   | Primarina          |    9 |   3.60% |  11.11% |
| 30   | Tyranitar          |    8 |   3.20% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Nihilego           |    8 |   3.20% |  37.50% |
| -    | Gourgeist-*        |    8 |   3.20% |  12.50% |
| 32   | Volcarona          |    7 |   2.80% | 100.00% |
| 32   | Venusaur           |    7 |   2.80% |  71.43% |
| 32   | Celesteela         |    7 |   2.80% |  57.14% |
| 32   | Sableye            |    7 |   2.80% |  57.14% |
| 32   | Meloetta           |    7 |   2.80% |  42.86% |
| 32   | Deoxys-Speed       |    7 |   2.80% |  28.57% |
| 38   | Crustle            |    6 |   2.40% |  83.33% |
| 38   | Haxorus            |    6 |   2.40% |  83.33% |
| 38   | Umbreon            |    6 |   2.40% |  66.67% |
| 38   | Mew                |    6 |   2.40% |  66.67% |
| 38   | Aggron             |    6 |   2.40% |  66.67% |
| 38   | Vaporeon           |    6 |   2.40% |  66.67% |
| 38   | Type: Null         |    6 |   2.40% |  66.67% |
| 38   | Registeel          |    6 |   2.40% |  50.00% |
| 38   | Kartana            |    6 |   2.40% |  33.33% |
| 47   | Togekiss           |    5 |   2.00% |  60.00% |
| 47   | Naganadel          |    5 |   2.00% |  60.00% |
| 47   | Hydreigon          |    5 |   2.00% |  60.00% |
| 47   | Diancie            |    5 |   2.00% |  60.00% |
| 47   | Incineroar         |    5 |   2.00% |  40.00% |
| 47   | Raikou             |    5 |   2.00% |  40.00% |
| 47   | Durant             |    5 |   2.00% |  20.00% |
| 54   | Togedemaru         |    4 |   1.60% |  75.00% |
| 54   | Zygarde-10%        |    4 |   1.60% |  50.00% |
| 54   | Whimsicott         |    4 |   1.60% |  50.00% |
| 54   | Pidgeot            |    4 |   1.60% |  50.00% |
| 54   | Buzzwole           |    4 |   1.60% |  50.00% |
| 54   | Hoopa-Unbound      |    4 |   1.60% |  50.00% |
| 54   | Blaziken           |    4 |   1.60% |  25.00% |
| 54   | Suicune            |    4 |   1.60% |  25.00% |
| 54   | Necrozma           |    4 |   1.60% |   0.00% |
| 63   | Azumarill          |    3 |   1.20% | 100.00% |
| 63   | Heracross          |    3 |   1.20% | 100.00% |
| 63   | Jirachi            |    3 |   1.20% | 100.00% |
| 63   | Sawk               |    3 |   1.20% |  66.67% |
| 63   | Entei              |    3 |   1.20% |  66.67% |
| 63   | Weavile            |    3 |   1.20% |  66.67% |
| 63   | Medicham           |    3 |   1.20% |  66.67% |
| 63   | Pheromosa          |    3 |   1.20% |  33.33% |
| 63   | Porygon2           |    3 |   1.20% |  33.33% |
| 63   | Piloswine          |    3 |   1.20% |  33.33% |
| 63   | Rhyperior          |    3 |   1.20% |  33.33% |
| 63   | Archeops           |    3 |   1.20% |  33.33% |
| 63   | Abomasnow          |    3 |   1.20% |  33.33% |
| 63   | Manaphy            |    3 |   1.20% |  33.33% |
| 63   | Clefable           |    3 |   1.20% |  33.33% |
| 63   | Mienshao           |    3 |   1.20% |  33.33% |
| 63   | Magnemite          |    3 |   1.20% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Smeargle           |    2 |   0.80% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Lucario            |    2 |   0.80% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Gengar             |    2 |   0.80% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Ambipom            |    2 |   0.80% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Carracosta         |    2 |   0.80% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Zapdos             |    2 |   0.80% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Keldeo             |    2 |   0.80% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Quagsire           |    2 |   0.80% |  50.00% |
| 80   | Chansey            |    2 |   0.80% |  50.00% |
| 80   | Gallade            |    2 |   0.80% |  50.00% |
| 80   | Rotom-Heat         |    2 |   0.80% |  50.00% |
| 80   | Ninetales-Alola    |    2 |   0.80% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Pinsir             |    2 |   0.80% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Gourgeist-Super    |    2 |   0.80% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Breloom            |    2 |   0.80% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Audino             |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Emolga             |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Chandelure         |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Relicanth          |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Kyurem             |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Chesnaught         |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Cloyster           |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Aron               |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Sawsbuck-Autumn    |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Volcanion          |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Stoutland          |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Florges-White      |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Hawlucha           |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Darmanitan         |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Sylveon            |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Camerupt           |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Shaymin            |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Sceptile           |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Musharna           |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Latios             |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Blissey            |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Stunfisk           |    1 |   0.40% | 100.00% |
| 95   | Pyukumuku          |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Gigalith           |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Xurkitree          |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Blacephalon        |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Blastoise          |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Muk-Alola          |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Cresselia          |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Bewear             |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Celebi             |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Cinccino           |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Scizor             |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Vivillon           |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Slaking            |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Manectric          |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Cobalion           |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Krookodile         |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Landorus           |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Zebstrika          |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Pangoro            |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |
| 95   | Glalie             |    1 |   0.40% |   0.00% |

ORAS Cup:

Replays:
Usage Stats:
Full ORAS 1v1 Cup Usage Stats

Code:
| 1    | Charizard          |   47 |  20.43% |  38.30% |
| 2    | Kyurem-Black       |   36 |  15.65% |  52.78% |
| 3    | Heatran            |   32 |  13.91% |  56.25% |
| 3    | Gardevoir          |   32 |  13.91% |  46.88% |
| 5    | Mawile             |   30 |  13.04% |  66.67% |
| 6    | Victini            |   27 |  11.74% |  62.96% |
| 7    | Venusaur           |   24 |  10.43% |  54.17% |
| 8    | Metagross          |   20 |   8.70% |  65.00% |
| 9    | Greninja           |   19 |   8.26% |  36.84% |
| 10   | Gyarados           |   18 |   7.83% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Tyranitar          |   17 |   7.39% |  52.94% |
| 12   | Altaria            |   14 |   6.09% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Diancie            |   14 |   6.09% |  35.71% |
| 14   | Togekiss           |   13 |   5.65% |  46.15% |
| 15   | Lopunny            |   12 |   5.22% |  66.67% |
| 15   | Landorus-Therian   |   12 |   5.22% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Sableye            |   12 |   5.22% |  33.33% |
| 15   | Manaphy            |   12 |   5.22% |  33.33% |
| 19   | Genesect           |   11 |   4.78% |  72.73% |
| 20   | Serperior          |   10 |   4.35% |  70.00% |
| 20   | Volcanion          |   10 |   4.35% |  60.00% |
| 20   | Hoopa-Unbound      |   10 |   4.35% |  60.00% |
| 20   | Meloetta           |   10 |   4.35% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Chansey            |   10 |   4.35% |  40.00% |
| 20   | Slowbro            |   10 |   4.35% |  40.00% |
| 20   | Porygon-Z          |   10 |   4.35% |  40.00% |
| 27   | Gengar             |    9 |   3.91% |  55.56% |
| 28   | Heracross          |    8 |   3.48% |  62.50% |
| 28   | Swampert           |    8 |   3.48% |  50.00% |
| 28   | Whimsicott         |    8 |   3.48% |  50.00% |
| 28   | Talonflame         |    8 |   3.48% |  25.00% |
| 28   | Jirachi            |    8 |   3.48% |  25.00% |
| 33   | Mew                |    7 |   3.04% |  71.43% |
| 33   | Snorlax            |    7 |   3.04% |  71.43% |
| 33   | Dragonite          |    7 |   3.04% |  42.86% |
| 33   | Rhyperior          |    7 |   3.04% |  42.86% |
| 33   | Registeel          |    7 |   3.04% |  14.29% |
| 38   | Garchomp           |    6 |   2.61% |  66.67% |
| 38   | Sylveon            |    6 |   2.61% |  50.00% |
| 40   | Volcarona          |    5 |   2.17% |  80.00% |
| 40   | Medicham           |    5 |   2.17% |  60.00% |
| 40   | Latias             |    5 |   2.17% |  60.00% |
| 40   | Terrakion          |    5 |   2.17% |  40.00% |
| 40   | Azumarill          |    5 |   2.17% |  20.00% |
| 45   | Lucario            |    4 |   1.74% |  75.00% |
| 45   | Magnezone          |    4 |   1.74% |  75.00% |
| 45   | Pinsir             |    4 |   1.74% |  50.00% |
| 45   | Scizor             |    4 |   1.74% |  50.00% |
| 45   | Aegislash          |    4 |   1.74% |  25.00% |
| 45   | Entei              |    4 |   1.74% |  25.00% |
| 51   | Houndoom           |    3 |   1.30% | 100.00% |
| 51   | Infernape          |    3 |   1.30% | 100.00% |
| 51   | Musharna           |    3 |   1.30% |  66.67% |
| 51   | Aggron             |    3 |   1.30% |  33.33% |
| 51   | Archeops           |    3 |   1.30% |  33.33% |
| 51   | Porygon2           |    3 |   1.30% |  33.33% |
| 57   | Alakazam           |    2 |   0.87% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Ferrothorn         |    2 |   0.87% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Deoxys-Speed       |    2 |   0.87% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Empoleon           |    2 |   0.87% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Jumpluff           |    2 |   0.87% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Donphan            |    2 |   0.87% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Thundurus          |    2 |   0.87% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Chandelure         |    2 |   0.87% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Camerupt           |    2 |   0.87% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Manectric          |    2 |   0.87% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Suicune            |    2 |   0.87% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Clefable           |    2 |   0.87% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Blastoise          |    2 |   0.87% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Rotom-Wash         |    2 |   0.87% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Conkeldurr         |    2 |   0.87% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Slaking            |    2 |   0.87% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Tyrantrum          |    1 |   0.43% | 100.00% |
| 73   | Roserade           |    1 |   0.43% | 100.00% |
| 73   | Breloom            |    1 |   0.43% | 100.00% |
| 73   | Haxorus            |    1 |   0.43% | 100.00% |
| 73   | Illumise           |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Milotic            |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Gastrodon          |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Typhlosion         |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Vivillon-Marine    |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Hydreigon          |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Sceptile           |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Goodra             |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Celebi             |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Darmanitan         |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Gliscor            |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Shaymin            |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Thundurus-Therian  |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Tauros             |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Rotom-Heat         |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Probopass          |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Blissey            |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Landorus           |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |
| 73   | Primeape           |    1 |   0.43% |   0.00% |

BW Cup:

Replays:
Usage Stats:
Full BW 1v1 Cup Usage Stats

Code:
| 1    | Kyurem-Black       |   56 |  25.45% |  48.21% |
| 2    | Victini            |   30 |  13.64% |  53.33% |
| 3    | Dragonite          |   25 |  11.36% |  68.00% |
| 4    | Ferrothorn         |   24 |  10.91% |  41.67% |
| 5    | Jirachi            |   23 |  10.45% |  56.52% |
| 5    | Mew                |   23 |  10.45% |  43.48% |
| 7    | Manaphy            |   21 |   9.55% |  61.90% |
| 7    | Scrafty            |   21 |   9.55% |  47.62% |
| 9    | Suicune            |   20 |   9.09% |  70.00% |
| 10   | Volcarona          |   18 |   8.18% |  38.89% |
| 10   | Meloetta           |   18 |   8.18% |  33.33% |
| 12   | Metagross          |   16 |   7.27% |  43.75% |
| 13   | Keldeo             |   15 |   6.82% |  60.00% |
| 13   | Crustle            |   15 |   6.82% |  53.33% |
| 15   | Scizor             |   14 |   6.36% |  42.86% |
| 16   | Sawk               |   13 |   5.91% |  53.85% |
| 17   | Heatran            |   12 |   5.45% |  50.00% |
| 18   | Chandelure         |   11 |   5.00% |  54.55% |
| 18   | Latios             |   11 |   5.00% |  54.55% |
| 18   | Terrakion          |   11 |   5.00% |  27.27% |
| 21   | Virizion           |   10 |   4.55% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Cresselia          |   10 |   4.55% |  30.00% |
| 23   | Genesect           |    9 |   4.09% |  55.56% |
| 23   | Haxorus            |    9 |   4.09% |  44.44% |
| 23   | Raikou             |    9 |   4.09% |  44.44% |
| 26   | Thundurus-Therian  |    8 |   3.64% |  75.00% |
| 26   | Registeel          |    8 |   3.64% |  25.00% |
| 26   | Rhyperior          |    8 |   3.64% |  25.00% |
| 29   | Latias             |    7 |   3.18% |  85.71% |
| 29   | Chansey            |    7 |   3.18% |  71.43% |
| 29   | Tyranitar          |    7 |   3.18% |  42.86% |
| 29   | Snorlax            |    7 |   3.18% |  42.86% |
| 29   | Gastrodon          |    7 |   3.18% |  28.57% |
| 34   | Serperior          |    6 |   2.73% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Jellicent          |    6 |   2.73% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Porygon-Z          |    6 |   2.73% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Garchomp           |    6 |   2.73% |  33.33% |
| 38   | Conkeldurr         |    5 |   2.27% |  80.00% |
| 38   | Hariyama           |    5 |   2.27% |  60.00% |
| 38   | Hydreigon          |    5 |   2.27% |  40.00% |
| 38   | Jumpluff           |    5 |   2.27% |  40.00% |
| 38   | Heracross          |    5 |   2.27% |  20.00% |
| 43   | Breloom            |    4 |   1.82% |  75.00% |
| 43   | Alakazam           |    4 |   1.82% |  50.00% |
| 43   | Thundurus          |    4 |   1.82% |  50.00% |
| 43   | Togekiss           |    4 |   1.82% |   0.00% |
| 47   | Weavile            |    3 |   1.36% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Sableye            |    3 |   1.36% | 100.00% |
| 47   | Mamoswine          |    3 |   1.36% |  66.67% |
| 47   | Rotom-Wash         |    3 |   1.36% |  66.67% |
| 47   | Magnezone          |    3 |   1.36% |  33.33% |
| 47   | Cacturne           |    3 |   1.36% |  33.33% |
| 47   | Slowbro            |    3 |   1.36% |  33.33% |
| 47   | Azumarill          |    3 |   1.36% |  33.33% |
| 47   | Tornadus-Therian   |    3 |   1.36% |  33.33% |
| 47   | Skarmory           |    3 |   1.36% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Medicham           |    2 |   0.91% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Mandibuzz          |    2 |   0.91% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Cloyster           |    2 |   0.91% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Cofagrigus         |    2 |   0.91% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Shaymin            |    2 |   0.91% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Scyther            |    2 |   0.91% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Eelektross         |    2 |   0.91% | 100.00% |
| 57   | Machamp            |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Gengar             |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Donphan            |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Murkrow            |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Roserade           |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Gardevoir          |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Gliscor            |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Aerodactyl         |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Infernape          |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Landorus-Therian   |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Gallade            |    2 |   0.91% |  50.00% |
| 57   | Musharna           |    2 |   0.91% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Zapdos             |    2 |   0.91% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Jynx               |    2 |   0.91% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Starmie            |    2 |   0.91% |   0.00% |
| 57   | Lucario            |    2 |   0.91% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Reuniclus          |    1 |   0.45% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Tentacruel         |    1 |   0.45% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Blissey            |    1 |   0.45% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Mienshao           |    1 |   0.45% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Carracosta         |    1 |   0.45% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Archeops           |    1 |   0.45% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Houndoom           |    1 |   0.45% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Slaking            |    1 |   0.45% | 100.00% |
| 80   | Hypno              |    1 |   0.45% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Escavalier         |    1 |   0.45% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Swampert           |    1 |   0.45% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Empoleon           |    1 |   0.45% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Bronzong           |    1 |   0.45% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Ditto              |    1 |   0.45% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Ninetales          |    1 |   0.45% |   0.00% |
| 80   | Moltres            |    1 |   0.45% |   0.00% |

DPP Cup:

Replays:
Link - 65k Characters is Smogon's Limit
Usage Stats:
Full DPP 1v1 Cup Usage Stats

Code:
| 1    | Kingdra            |   14 |   7.37% |  60.71% |
| -    | Rotom-Appliance    |   13 |   6.84% |  46.15% |
| 2    | Zapdos             |   13 |   6.84% |  46.15% |
| 3    | Jirachi            |   12 |   6.32% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Tyranitar          |   10 |   5.26% |  60.00% |
| 5    | Dragonite          |    7 |   3.68% |  85.71% |
| 5    | Rotom-Heat         |    7 |   3.68% |  57.14% |
| 5    | Infernape          |    7 |   3.68% |  57.14% |
| 8    | Raikou             |    6 |   3.16% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Suicune            |    6 |   3.16% |  66.67% |
| 8    | Slaking            |    6 |   3.16% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Rhyperior          |    5 |   2.63% |  60.00% |
| 11   | Machamp            |    5 |   2.63% |  60.00% |
| 11   | Celebi             |    5 |   2.63% |  40.00% |
| 14   | Primeape           |    4 |   2.11% |  75.00% |
| 14   | Hippowdon          |    4 |   2.11% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Scizor             |    3 |   1.58% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Electivire         |    3 |   1.58% |  83.33% |
| 16   | Rotom-Frost        |    3 |   1.58% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Weavile            |    3 |   1.58% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Togekiss           |    3 |   1.58% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Heracross          |    3 |   1.58% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Sceptile           |    3 |   1.58% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Metagross          |    3 |   1.58% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Tentacruel         |    3 |   1.58% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Rotom-Wash         |    3 |   1.58% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Swampert           |    3 |   1.58% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Mamoswine          |    2 |   1.05% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Entei              |    2 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Aerodactyl         |    2 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Registeel          |    2 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Shaymin            |    2 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 27   | Umbreon            |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Azumarill          |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Spiritomb          |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Cresselia          |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Bronzong           |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Regirock           |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Dusknoir           |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Yanmega            |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Camerupt           |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Magmortar          |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Hariyama           |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Gyarados           |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Clefable           |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Staraptor          |    1 |   0.53% |  50.00% |
| 38   | Houndoom           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Gardevoir          |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Lucario            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Miltank            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Alakazam           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Cradily            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Magnezone          |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Abomasnow          |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Tangrowth          |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Porygon2           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Torterra           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Jolteon            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Gallade            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Medicham           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Armaldo            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Empoleon           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |

ADV Cup:

Replays:
Usage Stats:
Full ADV 1v1 Cup Usage Stats

Code:
| 1    | Zapdos             |    7 |   5.83% |  71.43% |
| 1    | Marowak            |    7 |   5.83% |  42.86% |
| 3    | Alakazam           |    6 |   5.00% |  66.67% |
| 4    | Charizard          |    5 |   4.17% |  80.00% |
| 4    | Swampert           |    5 |   4.17% |  60.00% |
| 4    | Salamence          |    5 |   4.17% |  40.00% |
| 4    | Sceptile           |    5 |   4.17% |  20.00% |
| 8    | Machamp            |    4 |   3.33% |  75.00% |
| 8    | Metagross          |    4 |   3.33% |  75.00% |
| 8    | Dusclops           |    4 |   3.33% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Starmie            |    4 |   3.33% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Tyranitar          |    4 |   3.33% |  25.00% |
| 8    | Kecleon            |    4 |   3.33% |  25.00% |
| 8    | Heracross          |    4 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Miltank            |    3 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Regice             |    3 |   2.50% |  66.67% |
| 15   | Donphan            |    3 |   2.50% |  66.67% |
| 15   | Jolteon            |    3 |   2.50% |  33.33% |
| 15   | Vaporeon           |    3 |   2.50% |  33.33% |
| 15   | Raikou             |    3 |   2.50% |  33.33% |
| 15   | Ursaring           |    3 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 22   | Flygon             |    2 |   1.67% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Jirachi            |    2 |   1.67% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Gyarados           |    2 |   1.67% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Tauros             |    2 |   1.67% | 100.00% |
| 22   | Moltres            |    2 |   1.67% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Hariyama           |    2 |   1.67% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Dragonite          |    1 |   0.83% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Primeape           |    1 |   0.83% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Registeel          |    1 |   0.83% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Armaldo            |    1 |   0.83% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Jynx               |    1 |   0.83% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Regirock           |    1 |   0.83% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Walrein            |    1 |   0.83% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Breloom            |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Medicham           |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Shedinja           |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Blaziken           |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Gengar             |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Forretress         |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Victreebel         |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Grumpig            |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Blissey            |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Gorebyss           |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Hitmontop          |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Typhlosion         |    1 |   0.83% |   0.00% |

Playoffs - Replays:

[Gen 3] 1v1 - Playoffs:

ADV 1v1 - Playoffs Stats

Code:
| 1    | Zapdos             |    3 |  12.50% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Regirock           |    2 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Donphan            |    2 |   8.33% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Ursaring           |    2 |   8.33% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Tyranitar          |    2 |   8.33% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Charizard          |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Regice             |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Ludicolo           |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Moltres            |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Celebi             |    1 |   4.17% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Raikou             |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Gyarados           |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Starmie            |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Metagross          |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Marowak            |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Walrein            |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Sceptile           |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Jirachi            |    1 |   4.17% |   0.00% |

[Gen 4] 1v1 - Playoffs:
DPP 1v1 - Playoffs Stats

Code:
| 1    | Swampert           |    3 |  10.71% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Zapdos             |    3 |  10.71% |  66.67% |
| 1    | Dragonite          |    3 |  10.71% |  33.33% |
| 4    | Shaymin            |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Cresselia          |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Kingdra            |    2 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Togekiss           |    2 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Heracross          |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Registeel          |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Slaking            |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Electivire         |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Machamp            |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Raikou             |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Empoleon           |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Rotom-Frost        |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
| -    | Rotom-Appliance    |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Tyranitar          |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Suicune            |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Jirachi            |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |

[Gen 5] 1v1 - Playoffs
BW 1v1 - Playoffs Stats

Code:
| 1    | Dragonite          |    4 |  20.00% |  25.00% |
| 1    | Keldeo             |    4 |  20.00% |  25.00% |
| 3    | Cresselia          |    3 |  15.00% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Kyurem-Black       |    3 |  15.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Thundurus-Therian  |    3 |  15.00% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Porygon-Z          |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Rhyperior          |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Empoleon           |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Snorlax            |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Togekiss           |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Magnezone          |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Victini            |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Zapdos             |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Jirachi            |    2 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 6    | Crustle            |    2 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Mew                |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Suicune            |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Volcarona          |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Chandelure         |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Gastrodon          |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Hariyama           |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Torterra           |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Cobalion           |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Celebi             |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Registeel          |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Jumpluff           |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Sawk               |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Gardevoir          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Scizor             |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Heatran            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Slowbro            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Jellicent          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Serperior          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Shaymin            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Terrakion          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Infernape          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Latios             |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Genesect           |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |

[Gen 6] 1v1 - Playoffs
ORAS 1v1 - Replays Stats

Code:
| 1    | Charizard          |    7 |  21.88% |  14.29% |
| 2    | Kyurem-Black       |    6 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Landorus-Therian   |    5 |  15.62% |  60.00% |
| 4    | Sableye            |    4 |  12.50% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Mawile             |    4 |  12.50% |  75.00% |
| 4    | Togekiss           |    4 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Lopunny            |    3 |   9.38% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Victini            |    3 |   9.38% |  66.67% |
| 7    | Altaria            |    3 |   9.38% |  33.33% |
| 7    | Aegislash          |    3 |   9.38% |  33.33% |
| 7    | Hoopa-Unbound      |    3 |   9.38% |  33.33% |
| 7    | Gyarados           |    3 |   9.38% |  33.33% |
| 7    | Meloetta           |    3 |   9.38% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Crustle            |    2 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Entei              |    2 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Manaphy            |    2 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Vivillon-Monsoon   |    2 |   6.25% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Volcanion          |    2 |   6.25% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Porygon-Z          |    2 |   6.25% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Gardevoir          |    2 |   6.25% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Diancie            |    2 |   6.25% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Gengar             |    2 |   6.25% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Tyranitar          |    2 |   6.25% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Rotom-Heat         |    2 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Slaking            |    2 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Heracross          |    2 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Magnezone          |    2 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Registeel          |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Swampert           |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Genesect           |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Terrakion          |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Sylveon            |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Tyrantrum          |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Greninja           |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Venusaur           |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Chandelure         |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Heatran            |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Metagross          |    1 |   3.12% | 100.00% |
| 28   | Archeops           |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Medicham           |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Regirock           |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Clefable           |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Pyroar             |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |
| 28   | Porygon2           |    1 |   3.12% |   0.00% |

[Gen 7] 1v1 - Playoffs:
USUM 1v1 - Playoffs Stats

Code:
| 1    | Charizard          |    4 |  18.18% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Metagross          |    3 |  13.64% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Deoxys-Speed       |    3 |  13.64% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Registeel          |    3 |  13.64% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Dragonite          |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 2    | Aegislash          |    3 |  13.64% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Greninja           |    2 |   9.09% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Ferrothorn         |    2 |   9.09% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Crustle            |    2 |   9.09% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Venusaur           |    2 |   9.09% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Kommo-o            |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Gardevoir          |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Lopunny            |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Altaria            |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Heracross          |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Victini            |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Tapu Bulu          |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Serperior          |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Clefable           |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Raikou             |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Incineroar         |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Mawile             |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Magearna           |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Zygarde            |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Zapdos             |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Heatran            |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Tyranitar          |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Celesteela         |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Mew                |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Primarina          |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Garchomp           |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Sableye            |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Gyarados           |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Volcanion          |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Hoopa-Unbound      |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Hawlucha           |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Magnezone          |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Whimsicott         |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Sawk               |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Slowbro            |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |

Usage Stats - At a Glance:

SM CupORAS CupBW CupDPP CupADV Cup
:sm/charizard-mega-x:
:sm/Charizard-Mega-Y:
:sm/kyurem-black:
:sm/kingdra:
:sm/zapdos:
:sm/dragonite:
:sm/kyurem-black:
:sm/victini:
:sm/rotom:
:sm/marowak:
:sm/serperior:
:sm/Heatran:
:sm/Dragonite:
:sm/zapdos:
:sm/Alakazam:
:sm/tapu-lele:
:sm/gardevoir-mega:
:sm/ferrothorn:
:SM/jirachi:
:sm/charizard:
:sm/Gyarados-mega:
:sm/Mawile-Mega:
:sm/jirachi:
:sm/tyranitar:
:sm/swampert:

Hope this can be used as a general resource for some time. Mubs out.

Jabiru

formerly ThatCabbageGuy
Low effort DPP commentary!!!

DPP Cup:
Full DPP 1v1 Cup Usage Stats

Code:
| 1    | Kingdra            |   14 |   7.37% |  60.71% |
| -    | Rotom-Appliance    |   13 |   6.84% |  46.15% |
| 2    | Zapdos             |   13 |   6.84% |  46.15% |
| 3    | Jirachi            |   12 |   6.32% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Tyranitar          |   10 |   5.26% |  60.00% |
| 5    | Dragonite          |    7 |   3.68% |  85.71% |
| 5    | Rotom-Heat         |    7 |   3.68% |  57.14% |
| 5    | Infernape          |    7 |   3.68% |  57.14% |
| 8    | Raikou             |    6 |   3.16% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Suicune            |    6 |   3.16% |  66.67% |
| 8    | Slaking            |    6 |   3.16% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Rhyperior          |    5 |   2.63% |  60.00% |
| 11   | Machamp            |    5 |   2.63% |  60.00% |
| 11   | Celebi             |    5 |   2.63% |  40.00% |
| 14   | Primeape           |    4 |   2.11% |  75.00% |
| 14   | Hippowdon          |    4 |   2.11% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Scizor             |    3 |   1.58% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Electivire         |    3 |   1.58% |  83.33% |
| 16   | Rotom-Frost        |    3 |   1.58% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Weavile            |    3 |   1.58% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Togekiss           |    3 |   1.58% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Heracross          |    3 |   1.58% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Sceptile           |    3 |   1.58% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Metagross          |    3 |   1.58% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Tentacruel         |    3 |   1.58% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Rotom-Wash         |    3 |   1.58% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Swampert           |    3 |   1.58% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Mamoswine          |    2 |   1.05% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Entei              |    2 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Aerodactyl         |    2 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Registeel          |    2 |   1.05% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Shaymin            |    2 |   1.05% |  25.00% |
| 27   | Umbreon            |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Azumarill          |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Spiritomb          |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Cresselia          |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Bronzong           |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Regirock           |    2 |   1.05% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Dusknoir           |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Yanmega            |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Camerupt           |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Magmortar          |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Hariyama           |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Gyarados           |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Clefable           |    1 |   0.53% | 100.00% |
| 38   | Staraptor          |    1 |   0.53% |  50.00% |
| 38   | Houndoom           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Gardevoir          |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Lucario            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Miltank            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Alakazam           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Cradily            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Magnezone          |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Abomasnow          |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Tangrowth          |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Porygon2           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Torterra           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Jolteon            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Gallade            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Medicham           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Armaldo            |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |
| 38   | Empoleon           |    1 |   0.53% |   0.00% |

[Gen 4] 1v1 - Playoffs:
DPP 1v1 - Playoffs Stats

Code:
| 1    | Swampert           |    3 |  10.71% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Zapdos             |    3 |  10.71% |  66.67% |
| 1    | Dragonite          |    3 |  10.71% |  33.33% |
| 4    | Shaymin            |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Cresselia          |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Kingdra            |    2 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Togekiss           |    2 |   7.14% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Heracross          |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Registeel          |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Slaking            |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Electivire         |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Machamp            |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Raikou             |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Empoleon           |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Rotom-Frost        |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
| -    | Rotom-Appliance    |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Tyranitar          |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Suicune            |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Jirachi            |    1 |   3.57% |   0.00% |
Top usage with a greater than 60% win rate. This mon is genuinely meta-defining, having arguably the largest ranging toolkit in the tier. Physical disable continues to be oppressive, even as rain dance falls off a bit, we're starting to see sets like specs and scarf gain in use. It genuinely blows my mind that this is in anything but S tier. To my mind its the best mon in the metagame and has been for a very long time.
We're seeing a lot of the same top tier mons performing really well. Tyranitar, Infernape, Suicune all getting good usage with over 50% win rate, Jirachi sitting on exactly 50 and Zapdos/Rotom-A just slightly below. Zapdos' low win rate is probably somewhat reflective of its struggles against the likes of Kingdra, Ttar, Ape and Raikou which all proved to be fairly defining mons this classic. However I still think between toxic stall and specs its a very solid mon capable of beating out a good majority of mons below it on the VR.
Rotom's win rate seems to be fairly consistently low despite its heavy use in most all DPP tours. I think its probably realistic to look at dropping it down a tier. Otherwise I think these really represent what you sort of expect from an A/A+ mon
The two huge performers of this classic season however are Dragonite and Raikou boasting win rates of 85.71% over 7 games and 100% over 6 respectively. Dragonite's gone under the radar for a long time in dpp and I think this record is a genuine indication of how good it is in this metagame, especially now we're seeing more use out of sets like scarf.
Raikou however, I don't believe is quite as good as its record would indicate. Its definitely a top threat and specs is a nice switch up but I wouldn't consider it quite on par with the likes of Kingdra or Dragonite.
Cresselia. I've been saying that this mon is overrated for a while now and I think this tour just served to reinforce that. It didn't win a game, was picked only twice. Scarf was a nice idea to reduce its one-dimensionality, but realistically it doesn't hit enough and clicking trick just feels horrendous in the current meta. I don't think this mon should be anywhere near S tier.
Metagross I think has been found out as a bit one-dimensional but even so 1 win from 3 games is astonishingly low. Definitely should be a bit higher.
Celebi had the lowest win rate out of any mon used more than 3 times probably because its absolute garbage and probably shouldn't be on any tournament team
Shaymin was used twice. Just being one of the best Kingdra answers in the tier should alone be enough to get it higher than this, but it's a very solid mon all up. Criminally underrepresented in these stats.
Primeape won 3 out of 4 games.

PRIMETIME BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I really don't want to make any particularly sweeping statements off of 14 games but I think it is interesting to note that we see a lot less variation in these games with almost all of the mons used coming from the very top of the VR, however it was the lower ranked mons that seemed to perform better (looking at Pert, Registeel, Slaking, Electivire) which I personally love to see. Its a reassurance that creativity is still there to be had and benefitted from and this tier which is already so great still has room to grow.

Last edited:
Adv Trends and Commentary
Since I played pretty far into adv cup and had been doing a bunch of experimentation in the tier I figured I would do something similar to what ThatCabbageGuy did for DPP
While Zapdos is ranked lower than Raikou on the VR it has double the usage rate and win percentage. I see a two possibilities for why this occurred:
1. Zapdos is just overall better than Raikou in its variety of sets and amount of matchups it can win. While its typing gives it increased weaknesses and it has lower speed, Zapdos has superior defenses overall and a higher special and physical attack stat, allowing it to run the lure sets like banded or toxic/rest to beat things it otherwise would not. While most of Raikou's set variations give it a few more wins against niche pokemon, Zapdos can take on entirely different types of Pokemon with its variations. (Pressure stall beats choice band, Toxic stall beats other stall, Band beats frail hyper offense, ext.) Blanket checks for all of Zapdos' sets are harder to find and therefore putting a niche set on your team can benefit you greatly.
2. LRXC set Raikou up for failure with his VR and set compendium. This one is a bit harder to argue but I think its a very solid reason you see less Raikou than you would expect to with it being S tier in the VR. Since the viability and sheer power in Adv has been so clearly stated almost every team that I have seen has a clear check to Raikou or tries to lure it with some niche set. So I find myself wondering in team building, "Why should I run Raikou when I know that almost every team I run into will have a counter to it?" The difference between Raikou in adv and say Mega Gyarados in ORAS is while they are both clearly at the top of the tier and therefore make many Pokemon viable just by being able to check them, Raikou is not nearly as close to Gyarados in the amount of Pokemon it blanket checks. This makes it almost a hassle to use since its probably only going to beat one of your opponent's Pokemon, usually the choice banded one (but not always) which can usually tech return on to give it a chance at beating some Raikou sets. So when choosing between pressure stalling electric types you have to choose between the one that has a guaranteed counter for it on every team or the one that is less easy to predict and that the meta is less prepared to take on. Most players who are good at teambuilding are going to choose the latter and its not difficult to see why
Overall I think currently Zapdos is just better than Raikou against most of the metagame. They both still have their uses, but Zapdos just has more uses while being able to do most of the same things as Raikou.
As I mentioned in the previous section, almost every team has a Raikou counter and its even better when your Raikou counter doubles as a Zapdos one as well. Marowak, Alakazam, Swampert, Tyranitar, and Kecleon are all top 8 in usage and their main claims to fame are beating one or both of the two pressure stalling electrics. I find it interesting that Marowak has the most usage out of all these checks while not being able to beat all or even most Zapdos sets, I don't have a theory for why this is, just wanted to point it out. These Pokemon all being top 8 really does prove that Zapdos and Raikou are currently tier kings. All through-out the usage stats you can see niche attempts to counter them as well.
Not to sound like a broken record but again, this list of counters shows why Zapdos is better than Raikou with it being able to beat all 5 of them with different sets.
As people experimented more and more as classic went along we saw a rise in the amount of niche "surprise" Pokemon that popped up to fill gaps on teams with a solid two Pokemon core. Things like Charizard, Machamp, Miltank, Tauros, Flygon, and Jirachi all were used more than once and had high winning percents while Ursaring was brought 5 times despite winning only once. Adv is becoming more and more similar to usum where experimentation and antimeta picks reward the users more than just using standard picks. Almost anything and everything can be viable, especially ground types and physical attackers, and while a wide amount of viable Pokemon can make a metagame unhealthy with teams not being able to beat everything, the strong top tiers of Pokemon are weak enough to allow for these niche picks but strong enough to keep them in check. I see this as a perfect state for a metagame to be in and with future tournaments I could see even more niche Pokemon rising and becoming extremely viable for a while like Ursaring or Charizard were.
I don't have time to go over Registeel's abysmal usage right now but just wanted to quickly point it out before I wrapped this post up.
I think the Adv is in a good place and it is too bad that it never got to be a current gen where it could have been advanced and expanded upon like gen 6 and 7 were. Hopefully down the road it can grow even in more in future tours and become as fleshed out as bw and dpp are.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Adv Trends and Commentary
Since I played pretty far into adv cup and had been doing a bunch of experimentation in the tier I figured I would do something similar to what ThatCabbageGuy did for DPP
While Zapdos is ranked lower than Raikou on the VR it has double the usage rate and win percentage. I see a two possibilities for why this occurred:
1. Zapdos is just overall better than Raikou in its variety of sets and amount of matchups it can win. While its typing gives it increased weaknesses and it has lower speed, Zapdos has superior defenses overall and a higher special and physical attack stat, allowing it to run the lure sets like banded or toxic/rest to beat things it otherwise would not. While most of Raikou's set variations give it a few more wins against niche pokemon, Zapdos can take on entirely different types of Pokemon with its variations. (Pressure stall beats choice band, Toxic stall beats other stall, Band beats frail hyper offense, ext.) Blanket checks for all of Zapdos' sets are harder to find and therefore putting a niche set on your team can benefit you greatly.
2. LRXC set Raikou up for failure with his VR and set compendium. This one is a bit harder to argue but I think its a very solid reason you see less Raikou than you would expect to with it being S tier in the VR. Since the viability and sheer power in Adv has been so clearly stated almost every team that I have seen has a clear check to Raikou or tries to lure it with some niche set. So I find myself wondering in team building, "Why should I run Raikou when I know that almost every team I run into will have a counter to it?" The difference between Raikou in adv and say Mega Gyarados in ORAS is while they are both clearly at the top of the tier and therefore make many Pokemon viable just by being able to check them, Raikou is not nearly as close to Gyarados in the amount of Pokemon it blanket checks. This makes it almost a hassle to use since its probably only going to beat one of your opponent's Pokemon, usually the choice banded one (but not always) which can usually tech return on to give it a chance at beating some Raikou sets. So when choosing between pressure stalling electric types you have to choose between the one that has a guaranteed counter for it on every team or the one that is less easy to predict and that the meta is less prepared to take on. Most players who are good at teambuilding are going to choose the latter and its not difficult to see why
Overall I think currently Zapdos is just better than Raikou against most of the metagame. They both still have their uses, but Zapdos just has more uses while being able to do most of the same things as Raikou.
As I mentioned in the previous section, almost every team has a Raikou counter and its even better when your Raikou counter doubles as a Zapdos one as well. Marowak, Alakazam, Swampert, Tyranitar, and Kecleon are all top 8 in usage and their main claims to fame are beating one or both of the two pressure stalling electrics. I find it interesting that Marowak has the most usage out of all these checks while not being able to beat all or even most Zapdos sets, I don't have a theory for why this is, just wanted to point it out. These Pokemon all being top 8 really does prove that Zapdos and Raikou are currently tier kings. All through-out the usage stats you can see niche attempts to counter them as well.
Not to sound like a broken record but again, this list of counters shows why Zapdos is better than Raikou with it being able to beat all 5 of them with different sets.
As people experimented more and more as classic went along we saw a rise in the amount of niche "surprise" Pokemon that popped up to fill gaps on teams with a solid two Pokemon core. Things like Charizard, Machamp, Miltank, Tauros, Flygon, and Jirachi all were used more than once and had high winning percents while Ursaring was brought 5 times despite winning only once. Adv is becoming more and more similar to usum where experimentation and antimeta picks reward the users more than just using standard picks. Almost anything and everything can be viable, especially ground types and physical attackers, and while a wide amount of viable Pokemon can make a metagame unhealthy with teams not being able to beat everything, the strong top tiers of Pokemon are weak enough to allow for these niche picks but strong enough to keep them in check. I see this as a perfect state for a metagame to be in and with future tournaments I could see even more niche Pokemon rising and becoming extremely viable for a while like Ursaring or Charizard were.
I don't have time to go over Registeel's abysmal usage right now but just wanted to quickly point it out before I wrapped this post up.
I think the Adv is in a good place and it is too bad that it never got to be a current gen where it could have been advanced and expanded upon like gen 6 and 7 were. Hopefully down the road it can grow even in more in future tours and become as fleshed out as bw and dpp are.
Great commentary on ADV blondesasukeuchiha !

I obviously wasn't very present for Classic, but after looking at some of the replays and doing more reflection, I agree with a lot of your statements. I think Zapdos's versatility was shown off extremely well in Classic, I saw some sub petaya I saw band Zapdos ~~Stomping Kecleon twice~~. I am not sure what Toxic Zapdos really beats still.

And also me setting up Raikou for failure is hilarious, as yes a lot of the mons that beat Raikou can beat Zapdos, but I think its really reliant on Zapdos not having Hidden power grass, as hidden power grass Zapdos really does just stomp Swampert and Marowak, Alakazam can get stomped by Crunch Raikou, which might be Raikou's best set. I think overall the safest way to stomp both is Tyranitar, specifically calcing for a banded hidden power fighting from Zapdos if you want to play it safe!

As for the niche picks, Charizard, Machamp, Miltank, Tauros, and Jirachi are all notable, but Flygon is literally pointless to use over Salamence. The only reason you would want to use Flygon from what I can find is utilizing a sub set with 3 attacks to beat Regirock which Salamence cannot, or maybe some other rock types, but overall preview versatility is much worse and Salamence is just better.

I think Registeel's abysmal usage is just peoples fear of being crit, and everyone generally carrying an answer to Registeel. I think Registeel is still really nice to use in tournament tho, as it really does just 2-1 a ton of teams. My favorite set in particular is Counter with max spdef.

I will talk a bit more in depth about the other mons when I rework the VR a bit!

VR Shifts for DPP are up!
Shaymin A -> A+
Celebi A- -> A
Togekiss A- -> A
Scizor B+ -> A-
Slaking B+ -> A
Swampert B+ -> A-
Empoleon B -> B+
Moltres B -> B+
Alakazam B- -> B+
Houndoom UR -> C+
Sceptile UR -> B
Torterra UR -> B
Yanmega UR -> B-
Cress S- -> A+
Dnite S- -> A+
Infernape A+ -> A
Heatran A -> A-
Metagross A -> A-
Tangrowth A -> B+
Gengar A- -> B+
Gyarados A- -> B
Ambipom B+ -> B
Cradily B+ -> B
Gallade B -> B-
Starmie B- -> C+
Lanturn C+ -> C
Mesprit C -> UR
Spiritomb C -> UR
Cactrune C- -> UR
Drifblim C- -> UR

Tol

Retirement house
so ik no one cares abt bans in old gens but this is smth thats irked me for a long time: low accuracy sleep moves in sm. (specifically lower accuracy than sleep powder)
from the big tiering policy post:
IV.) Probability management is a part of the game.
  • This means we have to accept that moves have secondary effects, that moves can miss, that moves can critical hit, and that managing all these potential probability points is a part of skill.
  • This does NOT mean that we will accept every probability factor introduced to the game. Evasion, OHKO moves, and Moody all affected the outcome "too much", and we removed them.
  • "Too much" is if a particular factor has the more skilled player at a disadvantage a considerable amount of the time against a less skilled player, regardless of what they do.
the problem with sets like hypno gengar (iconic as dream eater is or no) is that they turn the game into a coinflip: 60% of the time it hits and u win, 40% of the time it misses and you lose. this isnt an issue solely restricted to sleepers but its most apparent when ur whimsi has a 55% chance to steal the game with a grasswhistle. these kinds of coinflip sets shouldn't be allowed. they have no consistent matchups. theres never rly been an argument against banning them but fsr ti and quote blocked majority council agreements to suspect em.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)