Tournament 1v1 Premier League IV - Tournament Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
MANAGER POWER RANKINGS!!! :0

With the closing of manager signups imminent here's my thoughts on the current lineup:

S Tier

1. TheShadowClaw / Blazikin:
Two awesome people who are both very good in this tier and aren't strangers to winning. TSC in particular has been outstanding in recent team tours, so expecting this team to do great should come as no surprise.

2. Alakazam / phiwings99: Big bosso TDA is sure to manage well, overlooking most activity in the community as a whole. Boat is a similarly cool person, who gets on well with most of the community. Their experience will be key to their likely success.

A Tier

3. Waylaid / Cash:
Both of these guys are very good and easily likable, while have an active presence in the community. I can see them building a v good team and progressing far.

4. Lost Heroes / Felucia: Probably the most fun duo of managers! Both of them proved themselves last pl, where they reached the semi finals. I wish them the best of luck should they be chosen as managers again.

5. Robyn / Djokra: Bringing back the Rhys has me very excited!!! Robyn has grown a lot in the past year and Alice is adorable, gl on a semi final place this year!

6. Nalei / pqs: Add the most notorious set builder and cool guy pqs and at least some success is inevitable. Watch out for teams from the sets compendium should you face these guys.

7. Synonimous / Whaleeeee: Syno has made himself known for good reasons recently, while whale has historically been a great player. I feel like whether or not they can draft a solid team will be crucial to their fate.

8. Kaif / stableprince569: Two active users who are both p good. Kaif's apology definately saved his reputation and could squeeze them a place as the 8th team of the tournament.

B Tier

9. ayedan / Yami:
Ayeden is good and cool and Magma is also good but maybe not so cool but are they cool enough to surpass some of the 8 listed above? Hmm...

10. GeneralGunderson / James155: James didn't do too well managing last time around, but is worthy of another chance. GG is a cool guy that would work well alongside him.

11. AllFourtyOne / Jabiru: Both users have been very active in the community as of recent, would be a wildcard team should they be chosen.

12. Joker 1v1: Joker is really fun user who missed out on managing last time around, sadly I doubt he will be chosen without a Co-manager :(

13. Rosa: Another user who's chances are slim because of a solo manage. Past controversy seems to have stuck with her in particular for some reason, which isn't helping. Nonetheless a v cool big staff user.

14. Notater / Attidude: Notater is a strange manager choice who could flourish alongside atti who is very solid. Watching their team unfold would be interesting but I can't see them being chosen unfortunately.

15. Lkjc / Partman: As much as I love these two guys, the meta's they have managed aren't taken very seriously by a majority of the community :( still wish the best of luck.

16. yogi / SolarflareRo: Adding Solar could be a saving grace for yogi who probably wasn't getting manager. Solar is a cool guy who did outstanding (!) last pl.

17. ima / rozes: ima did exceptionally well last time around as a player, but I'm unsure if managing in a tier he's not very active in is likely. Rozes is another big smogon name who could further prove themselves, after a win in the BST Limit tour.

C Tier

18. sagar0027 / deg:
Sagar can play but doesn't stand out in a bunch loaded with active 1v1 players. Deg is also a bit of a meme who I've got no opinion on.

19. ggopw / ryyjyywyy: Recent controversy (?) has proven that ggopw probably isn't managing. Outside of that both are really good players, the former of which is prob a top 3 of all time.

20. neomon / power: Neo never came across as someone who liked 1v1 very much, and his shitty week 7 post last pl didn't do him any favors. Power is another big smogon guy who's decent ig.

21. pazza / dom: Stop getting yourself into trouble so much dom omfg you've shown you can be a genuine cool member of the community.

F Tier

22. comme des garcons:
Outside his taste for music I doubt he's hitting any of the right notes.

23. flameblitz: Better luck next time :[
bro not even I knew what my week 7 post was about why do you remember LOL

lost heros

Meme Master
More rankings of important things.

Like names.

Metro Boomin Megarays

It was a bad name last year. It's a bad name this year. Let's list all the things wrong with this name.
1. What is "Metro Boomin". Are we referring to the DJ Songwriter I just found out about? If so really? Why?
2. If we're not referring the DJ Songwriter, then why is Boomin not Booming. Dropping the "-g" doesnt' make you seem cooler.
3. I've seen it as Metrobooming, Metro Boomin, Metro Booming, Metroboomin, and I don't know which is right, and the ambiguity isn't helping.
4. If Metro and Boomin are separate, it still doesn't make sense.
5. Megarays is abbreviated and that bothers me. But less than Metro boomin.

Drive-by Dragapults

Leagues above Metro Boomin Megarays, but still I don't like it.
Positives:
1. Dragapult is a cool pokemon.
2. "Dr-" Alliteration is fun

Negatives:
1. Unnecessarily violent.

Big Baller Barraskewdas

meh
Positives:
1. Triple B alliteration

Negatives:
1. I don't like Barraskewda
2. Barraskewda can't play basketball.
3. Other versions of baller are cringe.

RPS Rhyperiors

I'm not a big fan of this name, but I guess it's better than the others.
Positives:
1. It tries to have R alliterations

Negatives:
1. Abbreviates rock paper scissors and makes fun of 1v1 :angery:
2. "R" doesn't really alliterate with "Rhy-"

Deluxe Dustox

Still not a fan but alright
Positives:
1. Double "D-" alliteration which itself is double "D-" alliteration.
2. The "-x" repetition at the end is very fun

Negatives:
1. Dustox is a boring pokemon

Teatime Terrors

A name I actually really like!

Positives:
1. Cleverly refers to the pokemon without actually outright saying it which is pretty rare.
2. Double "T-" alliteration with an internal one to add on to it.
3. Utilizes the pokemon's typing as inspiration for the name which is pretty unique and cool.

Mighty Morphin' Morpekos

Really cool name, that I wouldn't be surprised if other people steal for their pl team names.

Positives:
1. Triple "M-" alliteration with a double "Mor-" alliteration
2. References a beloved children's show
3. References Morpeko's unique ability and gimmick.

Go-Go Gogoats

Really, by far the best team name! Truly impossible to compete with.

Positives:
1. Double "Go-" alliteration, with 2 other internal "Go-" alliterations for 4 total alliterations.
2. You can add another Go when cheering for 5 total alliterations.
3. Go-Go is fun.
4. All players are the GOAT.

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello my friends, welcome to 1v1PL: Friendship edition! Today we are going to rank managers in an unbiased way with a fake symbolic pointing system: Friendship Points! Please do not that this is definitely not sarcasm and don't be sensitive!

8) Mega rays: 1 Friendship Point.
While I do personally like both managers and as Power is my friend (Thus gets the Friendship Point!) these managers are destined to fail as both of them have zero 1v1 knowledge when it comes to the community and metagame knowledge. Both of them are inactive in 1v1 and I'm p sure can't name starters for each tier without looking at signup sheet. They also give 0 team support when it comes to building and have to really work x10 to draft better players and good builders. Overall this team,
could easily be replaced by any other serious team from the signup list. Neomon also think 1v1 is shit, whether he only does when he lose or always think like that is none of my business which really reflects poorly on the picks

7) RPS: 3 Friendship Points
They get 2 extra friendship points because they, atleast, know about the community even though their metagame knowledge is extremely limited. They also offer little to no support in building which creates more problems in this time. Another team that can be replaced by a better team that has more knowledge and can give more support. Only positive thing is that uhh, friendship points! Alice has also been vocal about hating on 1v1 from last PL which is also problematic as to why they decide to signup again if they really hate it and its community. Lot of questions marks.

6) Barraskewdas : 5 Friendship Points
Average team, knows the community well but sadly can't offer team building support as much as they would like to. They get well with most of the community but don't have the "it" factor that can make it good especially since Cash poofed the last months then magically came back last month so maybe he's not that experienced when it comes to gen 8 community.

5) Gogoats: 6 Friendship Points
Probably knows the community inside our, knowledge in all gens which can be good for support but team building isn't exceptional. Felucia is known to use the same team in all the series which is extremely crippling, well this doesn't stop here! Felucia poofed mid season for the past 2 PLs and is known to quit every 2 months once. Will this change this year?

4) Dustox: 7 Friendship Points
We getting close to the big bois, they close but quite not there. MaceMaster and maybe pqs can pull great achievements in the main gens 7 and 8 which are enough to tie or win but they do lack a lot of old gens knowledge. Questions marks also lay on Pqs, why pqs? Does he really bring something in managing or is he just present for the LOL factor because I really don't see him being an amazing support for the team.

3) Dragapults: 9 Friendship Points
This, right here, is the best team if tda and osra didn't signup! Both managers are extremely knowledgeable from gen 6 to gen 8 and can offer tremendous team building support, they just need some help in bw and dpp but that's easy cause they know everyone in this community!

1) Teatime terror and Morpekos: 10 Friendship Points
Maximum friendship points for different reasons. Both of them are from the 4 pre-picked teams that were picked 2 weeks before managers signups which is MAXIMUM FRIENDSHIP.
Secondly, both of them are knowledgeable in all gens and can support extremely good team support, also know the community like the back of their hands so it's easy drafting points. Both of them are really close so I don't know which one will win, I predict the best ghoster to win tbf.

That's all! Thanks for joining me in my DEG Talk.

As one of the managers of the esteemed Goat Gogoats, I would like to publicly file for a trademark infringement against the following users:
Our legal team will be contacting you shortly with a formal offer to settle out of 1v1 court if you rename yourselves to the Go-Go Golbats immediately. Please feel free to contact our head of legal counsel: GL Volkner with any concerns.

I also demand a formal investigation into how the 1v1PL hosts allowed such a crime against our intellectual property to happen.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As one of the managers of the esteemed Goat Gogoats, I would like to publicly file for a trademark infringement against the following users:

Our legal team will be contacting you shortly with a formal offer to settle out of 1v1 court if you rename yourselves to the Go-Go Golbats immediately. Please feel free to contact our head of legal counsel: GL Volkner with any concerns.

I also demand a formal investigation into how the 1v1PL hosts allowed such a crime against our intellectual property to happen.

Hello my friends, welcome to 1v1PL: Friendship edition! Today we are going to rank managers in an unbiased way with a fake symbolic pointing system: Friendship Points! Please do not that this is definitely not sarcasm and don't be sensitive!

8) Mega rays: 1 Friendship Point.
While I do personally like both managers and as Power is my friend (Thus gets the Friendship Point!) these managers are destined to fail as both of them have zero 1v1 knowledge when it comes to the community and metagame knowledge. Both of them are inactive in 1v1 and I'm p sure can't name starters for each tier without looking at signup sheet. They also give 0 team support when it comes to building and have to really work x10 to draft better players and good builders. Overall this team,
could easily be replaced by any other serious team from the signup list. Neomon also think 1v1 is shit, whether he only does when he lose or always think like that is none of my business which really reflects poorly on the picks

7) RPS: 3 Friendship Points
They get 2 extra friendship points because they, atleast, know about the community even though their metagame knowledge is extremely limited. They also offer little to no support in building which creates more problems in this time. Another team that can be replaced by a better team that has more knowledge and can give more support. Only positive thing is that uhh, friendship points! Alice has also been vocal about hating on 1v1 from last PL which is also problematic as to why they decide to signup again if they really hate it and its community. Lot of questions marks.

6) Barraskewdas : 5 Friendship Points
Average team, knows the community well but sadly can't offer team building support as much as they would like to. They get well with most of the community but don't have the "it" factor that can make it good especially since Cash poofed the last months then magically came back last month so maybe he's not that experienced when it comes to gen 8 community.

5) Gogoats: 6 Friendship Points
Probably knows the community inside our, knowledge in all gens which can be good for support but team building isn't exceptional. Felucia is known to use the same team in all the series which is extremely crippling, well this doesn't stop here! Felucia poofed mid season for the past 2 PLs and is known to quit every 2 months once. Will this change this year?

4) Dustox: 7 Friendship Points
We getting close to the big bois, they close but quite not there. MaceMaster and maybe pqs can pull great achievements in the main gens 7 and 8 which are enough to tie or win but they do lack a lot of old gens knowledge. Questions marks also lay on Pqs, why pqs? Does he really bring something in managing or is he just present for the LOL factor because I really don't see him being an amazing support for the team.

3) Dragapults: 9 Friendship Points
This, right here, is the best team if tda and osra didn't signup! Both managers are extremely knowledgeable from gen 6 to gen 8 and can offer tremendous team building support, they just need some help in bw and dpp but that's easy cause they know everyone in this community!

1) Teatime terror and Morpekos: 10 Friendship Points
Maximum friendship points for different reasons. Both of them are from the 4 pre-picked teams that were picked 2 weeks before managers signups which is MAXIMUM FRIENDSHIP.
Secondly, both of them are knowledgeable in all gens and can support extremely good team support, also know the community like the back of their hands so it's easy drafting points. Both of them are really close so I don't know which one will win, I predict the best ghoster to win tbf.

That's all! Thanks for joining me in my DEG Talk.
1v1 is always awful but also always fun!

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor

ok mono main

MANAGER POWER RANKINGS!!! :0

With the closing of manager signups imminent here's my thoughts on the current lineup:

S Tier

1. TheShadowClaw / Blazikin:
Two awesome people who are both very good in this tier and aren't strangers to winning. TSC in particular has been outstanding in recent team tours, so expecting this team to do great should come as no surprise.

2. Alakazam / phiwings99: Big bosso TDA is sure to manage well, overlooking most activity in the community as a whole. Boat is a similarly cool person, who gets on well with most of the community. Their experience will be key to their likely success.

A Tier

3. Waylaid / Cash:
Both of these guys are very good and easily likable, while have an active presence in the community. I can see them building a v good team and progressing far.

4. Lost Heroes / Felucia: Probably the most fun duo of managers! Both of them proved themselves last pl, where they reached the semi finals. I wish them the best of luck should they be chosen as managers again.

5. Robyn / Djokra: Bringing back the Rhys has me very excited!!! Robyn has grown a lot in the past year and Alice is adorable, gl on a semi final place this year!

6. Nalei / pqs: Add the most notorious set builder and cool guy pqs and at least some success is inevitable. Watch out for teams from the sets compendium should you face these guys.

7. Synonimous / Whaleeeee: Syno has made himself known for good reasons recently, while whale has historically been a great player. I feel like whether or not they can draft a solid team will be crucial to their fate.

8. Kaif / stableprince569: Two active users who are both p good. Kaif's apology definately saved his reputation and could squeeze them a place as the 8th team of the tournament.

B Tier

9. ayedan / Yami:
Ayeden is good and cool and Magma is also good but maybe not so cool but are they cool enough to surpass some of the 8 listed above? Hmm...

10. GeneralGunderson / James155: James didn't do too well managing last time around, but is worthy of another chance. GG is a cool guy that would work well alongside him.

11. AllFourtyOne / Jabiru: Both users have been very active in the community as of recent, would be a wildcard team should they be chosen.

12. Joker 1v1: Joker is really fun user who missed out on managing last time around, sadly I doubt he will be chosen without a Co-manager :(

13. Rosa: Another user who's chances are slim because of a solo manage. Past controversy seems to have stuck with her in particular for some reason, which isn't helping. Nonetheless a v cool big staff user.

14. Notater / Attidude: Notater is a strange manager choice who could flourish alongside atti who is very solid. Watching their team unfold would be interesting but I can't see them being chosen unfortunately.

15. Lkjc / Partman: As much as I love these two guys, the meta's they have managed aren't taken very seriously by a majority of the community :( still wish the best of luck.

16. yogi / SolarflareRo: Adding Solar could be a saving grace for yogi who probably wasn't getting manager. Solar is a cool guy who did outstanding (!) last pl.

17. ima / rozes: ima did exceptionally well last time around as a player, but I'm unsure if managing in a tier he's not very active in is likely. Rozes is another big smogon name who could further prove themselves, after a win in the BST Limit tour.

C Tier

18. sagar0027 / deg:
Sagar can play but doesn't stand out in a bunch loaded with active 1v1 players. Deg is also a bit of a meme who I've got no opinion on.

19. ggopw / ryyjyywyy: Recent controversy (?) has proven that ggopw probably isn't managing. Outside of that both are really good players, the former of which is prob a top 3 of all time.

20. neomon / power: Neo never came across as someone who liked 1v1 very much, and his shitty week 7 post last pl didn't do him any favors. Power is another big smogon guy who's decent ig.

21. pazza / dom: Stop getting yourself into trouble so much dom omfg you've shown you can be a genuine cool member of the community.

F Tier

22. comme des garcons:
Outside his taste for music I doubt he's hitting any of the right notes.

23. flameblitz: Better luck next time :[
okayyyy

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm here to inform you that, us, the ursarangs family are waiting passionately to be drafted by high caliber managers, except daddy dom; mom says he's away from the country cause he has work, but I don't believe her! Here's a family photo of us while waiting for the draft of the century!

3caout.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)