Tournament 1v1 Premier League V - Finals [Won by the Trojan Porygons!]

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Let's get this party started-
PL Art.png

Main PL art by lei, team logos by these artists. Hosted by Alakazam and PA
Another year, another PL! This is the final week of PL V​
Remember:
  • General tournament rules can be found here.
  • Replays are required
  • Please inform the hosts ahead of time if you intend to use a proxy in a series
  • Extensions are not given
  • No over-the-top shittalking/posting
Finals
Trigger-Happy Thwackeys vs Trojan Porygons
Thwackey.png
1552817139540.png
Porygons.png

4 - 4
SS Bo7: DenisTheMenace vs tears
SS Bo5: Tricking vs smely socks
SS Bo5: DannyDoritos vs Tol
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Leru
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Downcoming3
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs Finchinator
BW Bo5: STABLE vs Potatochan
DPP Bo5: zio vs Jamez

SS Monopoke Bo5: D2TheW vs (definitely) ayedan

For finals, each player can pick two Pokemon to use for Monopoke. Communicate your picks in scheduling, so both players can prepare. Thwackeys has the higher seed, so their picks will be Games 1 and 3, Porygon's will be Games 2 and 4. Game 5 will be Alakazam

Concerning Substitutions: At any point in time during the week, a team may make a substitution for an inactive player. In order to do this, a manager must post in the thread, tagging the hosts, the opposing managers and the opposing player stating which player is substituting out, and which player is substituting in. A player that has substituted out for a week cannot be substituted back in. In addition, in order to catch any attempts at garnering favorable matchups (where the lineup you choose affects pairings), all substitutions are subject to veto by the hosts if the substitution is suspected to be attempting to “game” the system.

Monopoke additionally does not count for Weekly Standings, its purely a for-fun slot. I'll update the players for slots when they get chosen, for those without players immediately.

Standings and Game Schedule: http://spo.ink/1v1pl5records
Get these games DONE! GLHF!

Last edited:

eblurb

Up late thinking about life
is a Tiering Contributor
i pretyped predicts and forgot to post them so here u go @ the person who asked for predicts

Castelia City Catgirls (6) vs. Trojan Porygons (2)
SS Bo7: DenisTheMenace vs tears - I think tears had a very underwhelming win last week, which told more about the opponent than themselves. I'm going with Denis here because I feel like Porygons haven't learned anything this season while Thwackeys have been improving every week. He also 4-0d Close to close out TB, which no one expected, so they have much better momentum.
e: i am sorry denis for disrespecting you. i was just biased since i was looking from catgirls pov and also armchairing
SS Bo5: Tricking vs smely sockman - smely socks' wins haven't been against a player of Tricking's caliber imo. Even though Tricking lost to Mishlef, it was a close series so it still should be in their favor here (and tricking didn't do anything wrong, it's just that the fatigue of bo7 got to him)
SS Bo5: abd1710 vs Yami - i think thwackeys have this from prep. it took a huge effort from catgirls to save their pl in 5 against abd and they have better builders than porys so not sure how this will go
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Leru - STABLE gm not explaining this
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Downcoming3 - dc3 had nice teams, and outprepped/outpicked a good opponent last week. i think (?) they are undefeated in sm so going with that
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs Finchinator - if there's one thing pl4 taught us (and this pl), it's that rematches aren't good. not looking good for finch here. this is dom's last hurrah for now so hope we see something cool
BW Bo5: lucky player 1 vs lucky player 2 - radu's luck stat is insane. they are undefeated in bw. not much to be said
DPP Bo5: zio vs Jamez - ill edit this in later

we are voting for victim of the season soon

SS Bo7: DenisTheMenace vs tears
SS Bo5: Tricking vs smely socks
SS Bo5: abd1710 vs Yami
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Leru
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs Finchinator
BW Bo5: STABLE vs Potatochan
DPP Bo5: zio vs Jamez

Last edited:

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
SS Bo7: DenisTheMenace vs tears - (HL) While tears shredded denis when they played during weeks, momentum definitely favors denis here, in addition to a potential weakness in tears's playstyle being shown from the semis series. This is absolutely still anyone's game, though I'm feeling Denis will have the slightest of edge in building support.

SS Bo5: Tricking vs smely socks - I'm feeling this will be a battle done moreso in the builder than on the field. Tricking has put forth a solid showing as a more standard player, however, the SS building in Porygons has been anything but standard, which poses a major threat to how Tricking plays. I'm feeling Tricking's builders will need to get a little more adventurous in order for him to not struggle on preview, though that would still only bring things up to even, to which I feel as long as smely keeps cool and makes effective use of the time given to him, I feel he has the edge in picking head-to-head.

SS Bo5: abd1710 vs Yami - abd is a solid player in individuals, though there's not really much frame of reference for team tour performance. I'm feeling the Porygons will be approaching this with the more studious prep, especially with a charged Yami who really wants to win.

SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Leru - Huh, rip g2s ig. While Leru suddenly slotting into a tier he's never played against a solid opponent may look bad, you can't forget that he's come in under similar circumstances before now and thrived. While I don't know if he has the motivation to win, I wouldn't expect this to be as one-sided as some may think it will be.

SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Downcoming3 - idk why, but I've got a feeling this series is going to be cursed- Dc3's been doing well with swanky stuff, however, the cost of exotic teambuilding is the lack of consistency in performance. I think if Edgar takes notes from his series against Kentari and acknowledges that bringing standard hasn't been doing well for him, versus the one game he won using less than standard mons, and takes that into account for his prep, then he'll have a better chance, or even an edge, but as is, I don't see it happening for him.

ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs Finchinator - An interesting rematch. Finch has had a lot of time to learn more about the meta after his defeat over a month ago. I doubt he'll be losing to base level heat this time around. That said, it's still oras, so anything's on the table. Given that Finch has still shown a bit of a weakness to atypical sets under the guise of typical mons, I'm feeling the person with one of the least typical builder supports out there will have the edge.

BW Bo5: STABLE vs Potatochan - Builder slave vs builder slave, lel. As much as I'd love to see stable lose to the team that "doesn't deserve playoffs", I feel he does have the edge in this matchup, I feel. Going head to head with different teams each game is something I feel stable would have the advantage in, as a generally better picker. If Potatochan wants to win, I feel he's gonna need to try and outsmart stable (and not choke like I did) by tactically reusing teams to make him think one thing but then surprise him with it being another thing in a later game.

DPP Bo5: zio vs Jamez - Both have been doing well ever since starting up DPP later on in the tour. Zio's shown that he does very solid at outpicking opponents when going head-to-head, while James has shown that he does well at subverting the expectations of head-to-head players. With this in mind, I'm feeling James will have the edge in making zio's standard teams and picks work against him.

SS Monopoke Bo5: ABR vs John W - I doubt this series is even going to be played-

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
SS Bo7: DenisTheMenace vs tears probably the best game of the tour, wouldn't be too surprised if denis won this one but the 7-1
SS Bo5: Tricking vs smely socks smely isn't gonna play on friday and will lose
SS Bo5: abd1710 vs Yami Yami is doing well in ss rn but who knows
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Leru unless if Leru is motivated this is a l
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Downcoming3 dc3 hasn't lost in sm yet iirc
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzles vs Finchinator w3 but its prob gonna be closer
BW Bo5: STABLE vs Potatochan unlike eblurb, stable has good luck
DPP Bo5: zio vs Jamez Jamez is prob losing to rng idk why

but none of this matters as its going to go to a tie because of the pl gods

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Calculator predicts for finals - Gl to both teams ^~^

Thwackeys (3) - Porygons ("6")
SS Bo7: DenisTheMenace vs tears - 4-0'd Close where it mattered, prior mu winner too
SS Bo5: Tricking vs smely socks - smely, please bring 5 teams this week :3
SS Bo5: abd1710 vs Yami - gohar replacement inherits power
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Downcoming3 - I am legally required to bold Dc3
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Leru - With good prep, I think Leru can steal this one
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs Finchinator - Dez did it before, and can do it again
BW Bo5: STABLE vs Potatochan - I simp for papichan now, sorry
DPP Bo5: zio vs Jamez - Jamez has the DPP experience here, with Yami helping prep, I presume
SS Monopoke Bo5: ABR vs John W - This series is not happening, but I'll bold someone anyway

Sanshokuinsumireko

I got the baddest bitches in anime
SS Bo7: DenisTheMenace vs tears HL
SS Bo5: Tricking vs smely socks Smely didn't win in WC finals so that means that they will win in this final.
SS Bo5: abd1710 vs Yami Although Yami has been pulling strong results as of late I think that the new Indian 1v1 superstar will pull it out.
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Downcoming3 - They have been playing league and they aren't omega toxic yet.
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Leru I will not explain this one.
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs Finchinator I'm pretty sure they use his builder. :0
BW Bo5: STABLE vs Potatochan I think that Potato's prep will be more "interesting" than stable's prep.
DPP Bo5: zio vs Jamez I'm bolding this because I don't want to hear Jamez talk about hax.

Scholar

Shinjiro's babe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Subbing in Tol for myself zio STABLE DannyDoritos PA Alakazam

Tol please bring 3 mons this time or I will personally murder you myself. Also, remember to use the calc https://calc.pokemonshowdown.com/ , it can save your life!

We shall get victory. My fellow comrades, you must get revenge for the fallen, which is me, as I took an arrow to the knee and forcefully have to withdraw.

LFGI PORYGONS!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)