Tournament 1v1 Premier League V - Tournament Discussion

sup nerds, ursaring spammers manager rankings, written in vc on a pirate pad.

#1: crucify and LRXC
Let's start off with crucify. Look at the 1v1 championships (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/2020-1v1-circuit-championship-quarterfinals.3673948/)and if you look closely, the two finalists spammed "s/o crucify" in like every winposts. So therefore, he seems to have SS figured out building wise, as he built teams for finalists in their whole runs. This synergizes perfectly with LRXC, an old gens fan and arguably one of the biggest 1v1 tryhards of all time when there are no latina single mothers in his life. LRXC as we know reached a classic finals, so he may have a clue what he's doing. Crucify has also achieved classic finals and even won the tournament under the name "eblurb", so these two have figured out both old gens and new gens. The only patch that these too seem to not cover is SM, and that's arguably the easiest hole to fill in the entire tour, as there's plenty of self sufficient SM players that starts with phenomenal players like Closexy and ends with dominant BEAST phiwings99. These two have figured out building, and all they need to do is just not draft like idiots and they should easily have a playoff-reaching team. Also, the hardworking LRXC is currently unemployed and also unironically has coronavirus, so it seems he has the time to put forth in this tour to clutch another team tour dub.

-king1
#2 zio and (un)STABLE (also known as mr. RADOAT)will zio get the 3-0's? will stable stay stable?
A new gens player/builder and an old gens player/builder again. This seems to be a good formula in theory, reminiscent of teams like the Juuling Jumpluffs(lost to the heatrans) aka best team of all time. However, what differentiates these two from LRXC and crucify besides their declining mental health (both these dudes are ok with this joke pls dont ban) is a lack of classic dominance. zio has been somewhat distant in SS as of late and mr. STABLE has been getting more insane by the day, which you can follow in real time after he lost to garchomp 3 times in a row in wc semis. Currently, he is 1-6 in 2v2pl. With all this said, though, these two are both motivated active builders in pretty much every gen, with stable even dipping his toes into SS building. Stable teams kinda blow in oras, so some outside help from possibly 2021 goliad may be required. These two are experienced in managing as well, as zio managed team US pogchamp to win world cup and Stable led fritaly to semis in wc (where they arguably underperformed for the second world cup in a row). If these two are active and don't build dogshit, they should be good. These two don't seem like the type to draft a bad/unsalavagable team, either.

#3 deg and mubs will deg have to beg?(for teams) will mubs get the dubs? who wrote this, joker? jeez
Catgirl enthusiast Dream Eater Gengar aka washed up former room owner who hasn't contributed since 2018, has returned to manage pl after leading asia to playoffs in wc. Deg is clearly a great leader, great drafter, and has great old gens knowledge and alongside mubs, this team is sure to have a strong oras slot after mubs had a good showing in oras cup (carried by dom teams). Question marks for this team are ss and sm, but those aren't exactly hard gens to find people that specialize in them. Another issue with this team is that it could potentially have a dead discord - Deg lives in lebanon and goes to bed early for americans, and Mubs may not be the type to carry a discord's activity on his back. However, it's undeniable that when DEG wants to learn and perform in a meta, he will. He has learned old gens like BW and learned SS for LT. Both these player's activity is arguably their biggest weakness, however DEG literally created the entire 1v1 community so I personally think he knows his shit and can draft a fire team at the end of the day.
With that said, hopes are somewhat high for this team as long as Deg lives up to expectations as a goat manager and drafter.

#4 Rosa and Rellia - Will rosa put on a show-sa? is rellia reallyia good? dieRosa has tons of experience managing 1v1 teams and with a new assman Rellia, hopefully it will give them the edge that they need to make playoffs this year. The problem last year with Rosa's team was that it was a dead discord so hopefully this year, their draft will be fully synergized. However, both have not put up results in recent times or built innovative teams from what so it will be fully down to who they draft to see if they succeed. The old gen support is also suspect with Rellia not really being notable inany old gen and Rosa not doing anything of note in years, SM will probably be fine and ORAS can do decent but other gens are a bit of a gamble. I definitely consider them being a playoff team, but I don't know about real championship contenders. Something to note is that Rosa's teams in pl seem to get worse each year - from winning, to semis, to not making playoffs. Maybe if she goes back to her old ways of real-time moral suppport (https://media.discordapp.net/attach...800567127110844486/TVzuLVFsQ8ON6cHYMVfuzw.png ) she can boost her team's performence to be a contender for winning the tour. I like this pairing, I think rellia, while new to being active in the community, has leadership qualities and might bring Rosa to reality when it comes to the SWSH meta. Rellia is also lowkey solid at 1v1, and Rosa will take them under their wing. Relia's teams have been the Articunos, WC3 central and the Gogoats, so they have a lot to learn from the experienced Rosa. Rosa is self explanatory, has been here for a long time, has insane SM knowledge and creative ideas and has shown, when tryharding, can sometimes dominate. Hate all you want, this pairing has potential with Rosa as a manager. However, the big ? is BW and DPP, as these managers don't really cover old gens.

#5(6 for lrxc) sansho and bopher is sansho gonna talk tho? Is bopher gonna need a chauffer?
Bopher and sansho are both great 1v1ers, but as a pairing this is odd. Bopher has solid SWSH knowledge and has shown an aptitude to get into the other generations with his unmatched creativity. Sansho has clearly shown to be a great BW battler, but as a manager it makes little sense. Sansho is not known to be very loud, and without talking a lot, might be awkward trying to guide Bopher's old gens interest and blossoming it into something great. Id rank this higher if Bopher was managing with someone not neccesarily of a higher calibre but of a higher experience and talking level. Both these players are kind of "teammates", people that just get their games done and build their own teams without making an enormous presence on the team chat. With that said, in order to succeed as managers these two really need to commit to being leaders and draft a team whose chat won't die.

#6(5 for lrxc) Aliss and HereComesTeamCharm! Will aliss leave her unable-to-draft palace? Is HCTC actually the charm?
lol Alice and the rps rhyperiors are back for another go, this time with seasonal winner hctc. Between hctc and Alice, this team will have good ss and maybe bw support, but other gens are unclear. In their manager signup post, Alice said that "Charm is the perfect person to complete my attempt to do what went wrong the last times right." It's not clear how to mehow Charm is the solution with no prior experience of their own. Last year Robyn was the comanager after winning classic, a much harder tournament to win, and implies much more support, especially in old gens. Hctc has no team tour games played on the sheet, never managed a team before, and is not an experienced drafter. Alice is statistically one of the worst managers in all of 1v1, you can blame burnout all you want but that's an issue with drafting of the team depends on you to not burnout. There's little to suggest that this is going to change, as Alice will likely just draft her friends and a couple tryhards and hope it works this time. Fourth times the charm though, right guys! Will our queen Aliss draft another mediocre team of her jerk for the fourth time or will she go super saiyan and finally create the perfect team after years of tinkering? We Will Find Out In The 1v1 Premier League V (Five).

#7 Yami and Jamez -
Being a compentent duo that seem to like each other, both can provide old gens support, but that's it. I haven't been impressed with either of them in SS and both are coming off a rough world cup (in terms of record), so their draft needs to be filled with new gen builders. Another problem with the team is Yami's interesting behaviors sometimes, and James tilting so they'll have to be careful who they drafted so the team meshes, but it does help that Yami has managed multiple times before. Reminder Jamez DPP knowledge is literally just Yami passing them teams. Also, it's worth noting that the last time James drafted in a 1v1pl, the end result was the infamous Frozen Artictunos. James kept a low profile in the 1v1 scene in 2020, not getting too involved, so it seems our hero Yami will have to be the leader this team needs.

#8 qt euph - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL what is this pairing? Who even is the main manager here? Both of these two seem like side-managers who don't really do anything. Either way, let's look at mr. Quantum Tesseract's teams in 1v1 thus far.
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...78504978462/unknown.png?width=1025&height=241
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/325154522341048330/800569354386538496/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/477309784685543456/800569811573932132/unknown.png
That should explain any skepticism we have with half of this pairing. Now let's look at Euphonos. He has played one (1) 1v1 team tour in the 2020 world cup and has not had any notable individual performances. Because of this, it seems reasonable to think that he doesn't know the playerbase particularly well. It's funny because QT of all roomauth is one of the few to know who Silvers_R is. And Euphonos is the type to not know who WhalemanCheng is. Maybe in a perfect world, QT can channel his knowlege of 2018 crustlords and Euphonos can give info on the up and coming new blood that 1v1 needs. However there's no real evidence to show that these dudes have any clue what they will be doing tee bee aych (tbh).Euph covers DPP, I guess, which a lot of teams might struggle with considering that it is absolutely impossible to name 2 viable DPP 1v1 players besides Inkreativ.

:ss/exeggutor-alola: West Alolan Weeaboos :ss/exeggutor-alola:
Despite not being picked for the manager slot by the corrupt auth, Waylaid, D2TheW and I have never let that stop us so we will continue to fight back against the oppression of our Japanese media enthusiasts. Join the discord for tryouts and join the team headed to a victory in this 1v1PL*

west alolan weeaboos.png Discord: https://discord.gg/arX2xvCn8A west alolan weeaboos.png

*The West-Alolan Weeaboos(trademark registered in the Democratic Republic of the Congo) have no legal affiliation with the bodies that run 1v1 Premier League V nor do we purport to be a part of 1v1 Premier League V. All West-Alolan Weeaboos related discords and badminton teams are the property of the Electronic Arts Incorporated Company. West-Alolan Weeaboos discords are not recommended for consumption by any individual under the age of thirteen years. By joining a West-Alolan Weeaboos discord you accept that the owners of that discord and their parent company have full rights and access to your data and red blood cells. The West-Alolan Weeaboos deny the allegations that we are under investigation in eighteen nations on fourty-seven charges of various severity, as Venezuela have since dropped their lawsuit. Please drink responsibly.

The first of my shitposts this tour, I'm gonna be doing team name Power Rankings At Stables Request.

:ss/Purrloin: Castelia City Catgirls :ss/Purrloin:
Manager: Mubs
Assistant Manager:
DEG

The fact that this is the best name is actually kinda fucking pathetic. This may be the worst group of team names I've ever seen in my miserable life. At the very least it's alliterative and it's not completely terrible but god these are definitely not good names overall.

:sm/Slaking: The Simping Slakings :sm/Slaking:
Manager: Sanshokuinsumireko
Assistant Manager:
Bopher

This names fine I guess it's at least better than the rest. It's a pretty clever 1 and it's alliterative again so I couldn't really put it any lower. Overall I think this ones decent but in a tour with good names it would probably be on the lower end.

:ss/Rhyperior: RPS Rhyperiors :ss/Rhyperior:
Manager: Aliss
Assistant Manager:
Here Comes Team Charm!

Aliss tried to get me to agree to this name when I originally asked her but lmfaoo I'm cryin. It's not terrible but it's not really good either and I guess it makes sense since 1v1 is RPS so I'll give it the credit it deserves.

:ss/Thwackey: Trigger Happy-Thwackeys :ss/Thwackey:
Manager: zio
Assistant Manager:
STABLE

I fucking hate Thwackey it's so hideous but this name somehow lands on the upper end of this god forsaken teamtour. It's kinda funny and it's the evolved form of the gucci gang grookeys so I've decided not to hate too much tho.

:ss/Scolipede: Godspeed Scolipedes :ss/Scolipede:
Manager: crucify
Assistant Manager:
LRXC

Despite being my favorite manager pair this name is super mid and overall terrible. Scolipede is pretty fast so it does make some sense but it's not alliterative and it's just pretty bad.

:ss/Poliwrath: Pyramid of Poliwrath :ss/Poliwrath:
Manager: Euphonos
Assistant Manager:
Quantum Tesseract

These last 3 names are god fucking awful and I really don't know what to say about them besides they're all terrible. I don't know what the pyramid of Poliwrath is but luckily for you guys it sounds better than the other 2.

:ss/Porygon: Trojan Porygons :ss/Porygon:
Manager: Yami
Assistant Manager:
Jamez155

While I mean no offense to these managers (Yami it's just a power ranking please don't attack me) this name makes no sense and I'm just unsure what the point is overall. Is it a play on the condom brand or the trojan horse? either way idgi.

:ss/jirachi: Jirachi Regalia :ss/jirachi:
Manager: Rosa
Assistant Manager:
Rellia

This one makes me so mad because Jirachi is such a cute Pokemon but the name is so fucking terrible. What the fuck is wrong with this community where names like this are okay. Your name last year was super adorable and I was hoping for a repeat but then we got this.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
#8 qt euph - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL what is this pairing? Who even is the main manager here? Both of these two seem like side-managers who don't really do anything. Either way, let's look at mr. Quantum Tesseract's teams in 1v1 thus far.
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...78504978462/unknown.png?width=1025&height=241
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/325154522341048330/800569354386538496/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/477309784685543456/800569811573932132/unknown.png
That should explain any skepticism we have with half of this pairing. Now let's look at Euphonos. He has played one (1) 1v1 team tour in the 2020 world cup and has not had any notable individual performances. Because of this, it seems reasonable to think that he doesn't know the playerbase particularly well. It's funny because QT of all roomauth is one of the few to know who Silvers_R is. And Euphonos is the type to not know who WhalemanCheng is. Maybe in a perfect world, QT can channel his knowlege of 2018 crustlords and Euphonos can give info on the up and coming new blood that 1v1 needs. However there's no real evidence to show that these dudes have any clue what they will be doing tee bee aych (tbh).Euph covers DPP, I guess, which a lot of teams might struggle with considering that it is absolutely impossible to name 2 viable DPP 1v1 players besides Inkreativ.
>inb4 Euphonos proceeds to draft Satanic Beast for 15k

Half-meant jokes aside, now you gave me an idea for crafting PL teammates.

Last edited:
Results of the first 1v1 mock draft is in:

Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 10.00.47 AM.png

Castelia City Catgirls
Close21000
eblurb12500
OM12000
lph8000
LuckyPiper8000
Finchinator5500
Tol5000
IPF4500
Jirachi Regalia
XSTATIC COLD21000
Squirtell 1v119000
UBERLandon2113000
Grain2Sel7500
XanderUrBoi5000
Tom8425000
Itchyfoot4500
frostyicelad3000
RPS Rhyperiors
Synonimous13000
Potatochan11500
stunna8500
lmni 1v17000
ToastedBunzzz025000
magicarpe_lvl1005000
Adela4500
ExplodingDonkey4000
Internal3000
avarice3000
Jordy3000
kjdaas3000
London133000
Drud3000
Trojan Porygons
Inkreativ41000
scraftionite17000
Pokemon Village5000
Downcoming33500
Suryaditya_Taneja3000
Jisoo3000
Astrologistic Style3000
edudittA3000
Pyramid of Poliwrath
SiceXV19000
Akumajou18500
dogknees15000
Waylaid11500
Elo Bandit8000
alive6500
Boat3500
Murman00643000
Trigger-Happy Thwackeys
Tricking25000
smely socks19500
pqs9000
bea6000
nolenot3500
oookkk3000
fran173000
64 Squares3000
The Simping Slakings
Nalei23000
Lancer Fr12500
Jabiru9500
Satanic Beast9000
TheShadowClaw8000
AltCauseImInsecure7500
THIS MACHINE4500
Ron...53500
Godspeed Scolipedes
SoulWind20000
LBDC18000
Gym Socks!8000
Kentari7000
Mishlef5500
maki5000
Bomb21XD3500
parr0t3000
D2TheW3000
Overall
Inkreativ41000
Tricking25000
Nalei23000
Close21000
XSTATIC COLD21000
SoulWind20000
smely socks19500
Squirtell 1v119000
SiceXV19000
Akumajou18500
LBDC18000
scraftionite17000
dogknees15000
UBERLandon2113000
Synonimous13000
eblurb12500
Lancer Fr12500
OM12000
Potatochan11500
Waylaid11500
Jabiru9500
pqs9000
Satanic Beast9000
stunna8500
lph8000
LuckyPiper8000
Elo Bandit8000
TheShadowClaw8000
Gym Socks!8000
Grain2Sel7500
AltCauseImInsecure7500
lmni 1v17000
Kentari7000
alive6500
bea6000
Finchinator5500
Mishlef5500
Tol5000
XanderUrBoi5000
Tom8425000
ToastedBunzzz025000
magicarpe_lvl1005000
Pokemon Village5000
maki5000
IPF4500
Itchyfoot4500
Adela4500
THIS MACHINE4500
ExplodingDonkey4000
Downcoming33500
Boat3500
nolenot3500
Ron...53500
Bomb21XD3500
frostyicelad3000
Internal3000
avarice3000
Jordy3000
kjdaas3000
London133000
Drud3000
Suryaditya_Taneja3000
Jisoo3000
Astrologistic Style3000
edudittA3000
Murman00643000
oookkk3000
fran173000
64 Squares3000
parr0t3000
D2TheW3000

Yo my slime, I know you really don't know mandem like that, but I was like wondering if like, you could purchase me in 1v1pl fam. Just for 3k my drillar. I wanna know what your prices are saying cuz I'm tryna play some 1v1 with my boydem and gyaldem g, like you feel me? So get back to me cuz I know like you're the top dog around here. I wanna play for you bruce, nobody else. So peace out dawg, draft safe and get back to me on a quick ting brodem.

Nyaaahallo~ It's no surprise that everybody LOVES catgirls, because they're purrfect- aha geddit, purr-? (plsdontregretyourdecisionmubs). So I, Assistant MANAGER DREAM EATER GENGAR, and MANAGER Mubs are giving MEW a chance to become part of the Catgirls squad instead of these others CLAWFUL teams. No, no I'm not joking mew can become a catgirl fur real. Mew only have to follow these simple steps.

1 - Join the Castelia City Catgirls discord server, https://discord.gg/2th4sSQTqE . It's just a simple click, mew don't really have to be cathletic.
2 - When mew join head over to #tryouts as shown in the image below.
1611425158331.png

The next step is also simple, mew have to find a furmidable SFW Catgirl image and pawst it in the channel! (imsorrybutilookatcatgirlssoicanforgetmymewsery). Mew can share as many catgirls as you want, the meowre the better! Mubs and I will find the most pawesome pictures and mew will move forward to the next stage!

3 - If mew are furrtunate enough, congratulations! Mew will be invited to the Voice Channel
1611425472388.png

In this voice channel we will evaluates your meows. Mew will need to sing the Pokemon theme song using only Meows, and the top 10 users with the best Meows will be welcome to the team, and will have a chance to get a mewsical release with our resident DJ STABLE.

Goodluck! Nyaaa~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)