Tournament 1v1 Premier League VI - Tournament Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
whelp, RPS season ends on a bad note but... I literally couldn't have asked for more from a team! Hey RPS Gang, sorry for being literally off the map for that last week during the tiebreak, my mother's spur of the moment vacation plans for some reason can't be stopped. Finishing third is a lot better than most people expected us to, so I think we did really well! For my first non-PSPL team tour, I'm honestly so glad that it was one that I was able to send with this group of people. So here are my shout outs!

Arai, firstly, thanks for hosting a great PL! Hosting from what I've seen takes a hell lot of work and I'm super thankful for all of the effort that you put in to hosting this massive tour. I swear that this wasn't a result of the last post and was something I was planning before but timing go brrr ;w;

Elo Bandit I, to this day, have no idea what spurred you to draft me, who at the time, had been playing 1v1 seriously for maybe a month. I'm still really new but I'm so thankful for all that you have taught me about building, playing, analysing games, and more. I know that this PL didn't go how you hoped it would go, but you literally changed how I think about 1v1 in general and I'm so glad to have been here for that. Also, just thanks for having faith in me even after some really bad losses during this season. In all honesty, that meant so much more than I can really put into words. Thanks for just always being super nice and dealing with all of me being kinda shitty at times... I'm really glad that I got to work with you this PL and thanks for mentoring me so much! It means a lot!

Murman Oh my goodness I cannot thank you enough for this PL and for really just being an awesome captain when my mental health went to shit a couple of times throughout the weeks. I know that some irl stuff came up towards the end (I am offering free virtual hugs) and I really hope that you're able to take some time to yourself if you need it. Like with Bandit, the trust you put in me is something that I'm really really grateful for. Your sheets are absolutely amazing and I'm glad that I could help out with them in the admittedly very limited way that I did. I am also very sorry for doubting that Golisopod like why is that mon actually good? Anyways, thanks so much for this experience and for drafting me! Spending all that time in VCs were some of my favourite moments of this PL and I'm really glad that I was able to be on a team with you!

Urfgurgle ok

TheShadowClaw Team Tours GOAT, 7-1, only lost the week when I told you that you were tied for the team tours record on vc right before you played (sorry!) but oh my god! Literally thanks for being the literal definition of our backbone as a team from a playing standpoint. I know that I didn't interact with you all too much throughout the PL, but for the little bit that I did, I can say that I had a lot of fun! I have no idea what you're gonna do next and wish you all the best with college and future endeavours!

Urfgurgle ok

Gym Socks! SORRY FOR SPAMMING YOU WITH CHALLENGES OH MY GOD- anyway good god thanks so much for literally being my biggest constructive critic on the team throughout PL. Also wtf you built 440 teams throughout this PL and I've used a team made by you once? How much time do you have dude- like seriously! And how the hell do you not get burnt out? Anyways, your MG run was absolutely amazing and you'd always be super active!! idk if you beat urfgurgle in linecount but I know for a fact that even with me disappearing this last week, I beat y'all in linecount so umm, yea- Okay, anyway, I'm really thankful for having you really look through my teams and how you looked at my play and stuff critically. I will still not live down the one time I tested that Rhyperior matchup with you (I know you know what I'm talking about!) but yea! Like overall, really ty for mentoring me in the ways that you did all throughout this PL! I can't thank you enough!!

Urfgurgle ok. Third time's the charm. Literally from before the first week, you've been my single biggest mentor on this team. I went from being someone who didn't know that people calc'd in 1v1 to what I am now because of how much you helped. Also thanks for the three or four teams you gave me throughout PL. That one team that you built was in my seven to ten prepped teams literally every week but I'm not even sure if I got to use it during this PL, sorry... I'm literally so thankful for your being on this team. You've taught me so much about how to play and all. Also your clutch factor is amazing!! I hope that you're able to find your ORAS form again soon and hope that you're less burned out on the tier now. Thanks for the literally hundreds of test games and for literally always being open for testing and stuff. Like oh my gosh I cannot thank you enough-

Blanched LITERAL BEST MUSIC TASTE EVER OMG!! Also amazing run!! I learned so much in that first week when you were prepping for Nalei with Murm and that literally shaped my view on how to prep and what to look at and stuff. It literally even changed how I pick to an extent and imo made it a lot better. Apart from tiebreak week, where I helped you with testing, I didn't interact with you all too much due to how much I hate SS as a tier (sorry SS people!!) but the few interactions I did have were honestly really nice! I wish you the best in future endeavours!!

LeCehlou oh my gosh you were so active all the time even though you weren't always slotted... I know that this PL wasn't great for you record wise and I am convinced you have possibly the worst luck ever seen. Most of our interaction ended up being on PS when I was building or testing and stuff when we'd just cheer for RPS or just say gm and stuff! Thanks a lot for testing with me whenever you could! It was really weird having to play against some teams that I built and stuff but it also really helped me rethink my building!! I'm glad that we could be on a team together and wish you the best in your future endeavours!

eu I think that you're probably the person on this team that I would have ended up being friends with regardless of if I played this PL or not due to my ending up hanging out in a lot of the same places that you hang out! Thanks for all the times you tested against me, I know your builder got nuked due to the rachi ban but you still did so much to help me and I cannot thank you enough!! I hope that I can still hang out with you with OMs and 1v1 going forward and wish you the best!!

Sky of Doom To this day I am terrified of you. It's probably because of how I associate you with a certain Zelda antagonist who has probably the best theme ever. The little I interacted with you and the couple of test games we had, I can say that you're a really really good player and wish you the best with whatever you want to do!!

Kolohe bro you're just really fun to be around!! I didn't really interact with you too much but the little I did was quite fun! goat artist, wishing you the best for the future!!

bird poop MY GOD SORRY I FORGOT BIRD POOP BUT BIRD POOP IS BIRD POOP AAAA (please stop deleting your messages I have looked stupid too many times)

RPS prep squad, y'all are literally amazing. I really enjoyed all of y'alls company and hope that I can still remain friends with y'all after this PL ends!! Ty for all that y'all did!!

Finally some observations about myself! So first PL for me!! I'm not too glad with how I did, finishing 4-4. However, I think that I did well for someone who started playing BW (and 1v1 in general) seriously in January! I think that my building is a bit odd because I build for a very small subset of matchups that I'm good at picking with. Some of my favourite teams are a bit weird to play with and all. I think I got a lot better and thanks to all of RPS gang, figured out a lot about how I play, which helped me build to my picking style's benefits.

My biggest issue is really motivation. I do a lot better when I'm really excited about something in a matchup. Managing my nervousness is also a big thing. I had a lot of shitty circumstances irl that really didn't help with that, but I'm super glad that some things got better irl, which really showed with the series I played in semis.

DEG Itchy Congrats on your victory over us... still kinda salty ngl... Once again, I want to thank you both for showing me the ropes in BW and 1v1 in general! Also, thanks for helping me test some weeks throughout PL! Congrats to the rest of the Metro Boomin' Megarays as well, and good luck in finals. Y'all better win for beating us!

I have no clue if I'm gonna play 1v1 going forward, I just need to take some time to really re-evaluate my life atm. There's a good chance that I'll be back by World Cup time at least! Anyways, I'm really glad that I got to play for the RPS Rhyperiors just because of the environment that the team has. It's just a really caring environment, which I know isn't always expected to be the best environment for getting wins in a PL. However, for me, I think it really was the best. Just massive thanks to everyone again, and I'll be signing off! cya!!

Last edited:

kolohe

room tone
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
yooo 3rd is pretty swag

rhyps was pretty fun, i got to learn a lot. glad that even though i didn't do well at all my team was supportive and encouraged me to keep doing my best. was fun to learn from my mistakes and choke wins!

rumia wasn't on the team but she is always my favorite presence. love that girl even though she likes to use slowbro yuck. braindead woman

Murman Elo Bandit goat managers idk what to say. yall were super chill. i liked the hokucord calls where i could name a random ass mon and bandit would send me a set for it, he's epic. murman is a cute user af def one of my fav ppl to vc and build with

Urfgurgle berryalcremie bird poop Gym Socks! Blanched LeCehlou TheShadowClaw get hled lolol u guys r coolio

Aliss 413X IBM cool presences in da cord

that's actually pretty much everything i have to say LMAOO probably not gonna sign up next yr im just gonna hang out in rumias teamcord wherever that may be

Elo Bandit

youtube.com/ EloBandit
is a Community Contributor
Aimed for first, but I'll live with third this year. Not bad for the underdogs.
Murman - Couldn't have asked for anything more from my co-manager. Brilliant work all season long, admirable prep and cool logic on the battlefield.
Blanched - Star player, absolutely carried our best of 7 slot. Looking forward to teaming with you again on West!
Gym Socks! - Multi-gen menace, able to spot check teams in every gen and pull off a great record in a new format.
TheShadowClaw - Ace SM pilot, it was a pleasure working with you.
berryalcremie - Thanks for all your innovation, dedication, and positivity. You made a big difference on this team, and I hope you stick with 1v1 to some extent.
Urfgurgle - yeah ok dude memes aside, you've been a good friend and an invaluable building buddy throughout PL. I look forward to developing metagames old and new with you in the future.
bird poop - You blew everyone's expectations away and held your own against the best. World class wildcard, props to my guy (deleted)(deleted)(deleted)
eu - You stepped up when we needed you and helped us secure our spot in playoffs. I'd draft you again in a second.
Kolohe - Thanks for the vcs, SM suggestions, and effort playing this season! Your artwork is phenomenal and it was a pleasure to have you on the team.
rumia - Goat wish we got you too thanks for the team checks~
LeCehlou - Thank you for all the help building and covering SS! Wish our timezones matched up a little better.
Sky of Doom - Apologies again for tz issues, was still glad to have you on the team.
pinorska - Thanks for playing monopoke and helping our old gens test!
IBM - Your quick & thorough feedback for SM teams was super helpful! Also ty for playing mopo for us!
Waylaid - Big thanks to my guy for the support in playoffs, appreciate you :triumph: :sunglass:
413X - A good builder to have active in discord during playoffs and a positive impact on our new gens core!
Alice - Thanks for showing support for your old team! It was a ton of fun to represent your franchise this season.
Arai - Good host, fun PL, looking forward to next year!
Elo Bandit - Better writing and production than acting this season.

Huge shoutout to all those who supported the RPS Rhys '22 - Kentari, Krytocon, dogknees, D2TheW, Blazikin, ausma, and everybody else. I appreciate everything you've done to make this PL a worthwhile experience!

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator

After three tries, I have finally been carried to a PL trophy. I'm exhilarated to finally claim the red after b2b final tbs. To be honest, this means a lot to me. Seeing as this is the final PL before gen9 I wanted to write some appreciation for those who have my time spent on this site worthwhile.

At the time I joined the site I was in a pretty dark place. Not to get too personal but especially with covid shutting me down from most of my friends I was starting to get a bit restless. Mons was a much-needed outlet for me at the time. I joined around the seasonal and I still remember being so excited to learn about the community. I did not think my decent seasonal run would be enough to be picked up but I signed up as a hail mary. I don't think I can quite describe the suprise I felt when I received a message from Alakazam that I made the pekos lu. We've had our disagreements over the year (I've def been very rude at points) but I truly do appreciate the faith you had in me to perform. I had been a long-time ps lurker and getting involved with 1v1's community is something I will always cherish. I still rmbr getting invited to unopl by whale being immediately bombarded by Kaif about how I was skilless and terrible. Gohar saying much the same (before getting thrown on his neck in ss) and dom doing his classic armchairing. This would probably discourage most but luckily for myself I am an asshole so it did the opposite. With maxy's poor scheduling ability I got my opportunity to show my metal. There is an alternate society where I remained a random because maxy knew how to schedule LMAO. I managed to defeat ryyjyywyy which solidified my starting spot. Looking back, I was pretty fucking awful in pl4 (implying I improved) bringing monotype and lucario but it was a lot of fun. s/os my original zoomer goons smely socks @Potaochan SiceXV big part of why I improved at the game. Still rmbr seeing this kid potatochan's name thinking he was fuckin impersonating the mario maker youtuber. Smely let me cope for like 2 years which I really appreciate even if u deleted zoomers u goober. s/os sice for being genuinely hilarious and being a fun-ass person to talk to about volleyball.

I had a lot of fun on pekos as my first proper mons tour. Alakazam Boat thanks for having faith in me to perform in tour. We have had our disagreements in the past so I'm sorry about being a dick. I blame teenage angst etc. Cantius Whale miss U please come back Jamez Dj Breloominati♬ it was pretty great seeing u guys in old gens, really what got me interested even if I primarily stuck w ss. STABLE I'll get to u later.....

The tour ultimately did not end as I had hoped which is def my fault. My play and building were quite unrefined at this point which gave me the motivation to improve. Even if mfs will meme on me for saying it, improving at 1v1 is pretty rewarding. It's true that a lot of MUs are just glorified coinflips but there is a ton of nuance in the psychology of it which I hope is shown by the fact that there are consistent players. The prep is also pretty fucking fun, basically anything being viable will never grow old.

Going into pl5 I was fresh off getting carried to a wcup trophy. I felt that it was natural to manage pl and I ended up deciding it would be best w mi amor RADU. I am a lazy ass mothefucker and radu is a fucking tryhard, a match made in heaven really. Being real, as much as people meme on him his prep consistently preforms and he's willing to help out most. The team we drafted would've gone nowhere w/o him which ultimately I regret because I leaned to much on the broken support. Tho I don't really regret the draft it was a lot of fun. First we started out with the absolute goats tricking and denis. Even if they never see this s/o post, I want to say that they were incredibly entertaining to have in the cord. Denis if u ever do see this, you are one of the most impressive players to ever touch the tier and I'm incredibly sad to see you go. Your series were dominating and what made it clear to me there is a skill difference in 1v1. Tricking, thx for the cooking recipes. Dez Freddy Kyogre Satanic Beast Danny doritos u absolute legends. This cord was incredibly fun because of u dudes and u all put up incredible performances, #neverforget***-***-****. also special sorry to Gym Socks! that it wasn't your season. it's clear you are a skilled player and that the team environment was not for you. Glad to see you doing well now that you're not held down by our flamefest.

I'm glad I got the chance to try out old gens this tour so special s/os to Synonimous and dom for tutoring me in DPP and ORAS respectively. ORAS is still my favorite tier even if I am generally forced into CG, huge thanks to dom and my other lover derek for providing me with a ton of fun games. Now only if u goons were sane members of society.

This section goes as a warning of burnout. PL5 poffs was fucking miserable. We leaned way to much on raduoat for og prep (and honestly a fair bit of SS help) and too much on me/gym for ss help. It did not help that SS was in a horrid place but that's cope, we fought eachother like dogs over what teams to bring which ended up costing us in several critical games. Very sorry to my players we could not get the red, I hope at least the main season was fun for you all.

Going into this PL I knew I would be pretty busy and even lazier. DEG approached me at the start of the tour convincing me to bo7 and boy I'm glad I did. I actually think this SS meta is pretty fun even if I'm a bit burnt out at this point. There are literally 40 viable mons with a ton of set variance which can be a huge headache but rn it feels pretty nuanced compared to previous metas dominated by a mon or archetype. Beyond that, this may've been the most fun team environment I've been in ngl. got to team with clutchwings and smely again which was cool, both of you very positive (in two ways) presences for the team. Got to team with deggy weggy after knocking his team out of semis tb twice and HOLY FUCK are you active LOOL. There is good reason deg has a reputation as an excellent manager, deg kept up morale and activity throughout the tour. Talking of people I knocked out of semis, neomon you put up a super impressive performance proving rust is not real. You are also a great dude to talk to, p funny asw. Hope you stick w 1v1 for a bit because it's always awesome to see what you do. Inkreativ 187 Fan happy I finally got to team with you two. Probably the two most reasonable people in the community and some of the more skilled players. Was awesome to collab with someone in ORAS who doesn't just want to spam meta shit. SuperMemeBroz SMBOOOOOAT I AM SO GLAD YOU GOT TO SHINE IN FINALS. I've been impressed by how adept you are at learning 1v1 since lt and I'm glad u finally got to show ur capabilities on the big stage. LBDC one of the most solid players I've ever seen and it was great seeing you comeback from a rough early season. Itchy wasn't ur season but you did your job as a co keeping up activity when deg was offline (unviable asia tz) Scholar frostyicelad cool u guys got the W even if u didn't get many chances to play soz

special s/os to everyone who joined us for finals Potatochan STABLE Blanched RTM Mubs berryalcremie the additional team support was much appreciated

Overall, I'm very happy with the season. 2022 armcharis are very slow to admit that people that previously had middling performances can improve but this was a truly wp season by the team despite what permabanned assscratcher5000 says. I had a lot of fun seeing new perspectives on building and play. RPS and barras were also good oppos. Prepping for rps is the biggest headache I've had in awhile w how methodical and innovative they were. barras has truly great playing talent and it was worthwhile to get prep to match. This pl really reminded me why I love mons so I hope to stick around.

sorry if it's overly a sentimental post for a pocketmonster forum but it felt right to have a post I can look back on to reminise. This post is already long enough so I don't have enough time to thank everyone who has made my stay on this site so fun, but, I truly thank you all for the good company.
-the tripster

First off grats to DEG (and all of rays!) for getting that PL dub, it really doesn't feel great losing in finals as you can imagine but I am fr happy for my friend to finally pull thru. Its deserved for your consistency

From the draft to now, i really think skewdas were a phenomenal squad with every player getting key wins in weeks, it felt like our team always had a shot to pull thru even if we were down at the start of a week. Prepping was super fire, lots of fresh stuff and the atmosphere was fun as hell. We unfortunately didn't make it past the finish line, with me refusing to take a win + good play from rays, not to mention we had some behind the scenes stuff that made our last week of prep a bit edgy but I'm proud because, despite that, everyone put up a really good fight regardless. Sorry to my team for my game, missing our chance for a tb was no one's fault but mine and its a bad example for a manager to set. I love you all

crucify I have to shout you out first for obvious reasons. Rock solid person, most active guy, premier balls enthusiast and great manager + player I am hella glad we got to team I hope that I met your expectations going into this. We didn't get the win this time but I learned a lot from you.
crow crumbs U got completely robbed two weeks and unlucky in others, the self proclaimed lightning rod of our team I'm constantly impressed by your builds theres a never ending supply of fresh stuff for us to use that no-one else would ever think of and I appreciate the big effort you put into our squad while being off and on the bench.
Rellia really solid season man. I honestly had no idea what to expect but I'm very glad we got you, apart from your stellar play you constantly bring people up which is great for morale and i appreciate U as a person.
Nick.see nice rookie season bro you were a surprise for sure but we bought you knowing you were good so thanks for proving yourself, getting huge wins building mostly your own stuff is awesome and you are a good team player so props to you. get that LT win for us
Satanic Beast you had some clean ass wins and some close losses, I know you weren't particularly happy with how some of ur games went but you are a really nice player to have in SM, feels like you can win against anyone provided we prep you right. was fun to team
Maki great clicker. keep on clicking man, thank you for taking on the burden of black and white 1v1 and doing a pretty good job at it too I fully acknowledge that tier is quite ass and we had some problems with that slot in terms of prep so gj on winning games there
Leru you are turbo fire as always and it was super fun to get to know you more, won us a bunch of games and I appreciate U for it. just quite cracked at the game
realiti knew from your tryout you would be a good addition and your chat presence was always fun, grats on your w7 dub too
The Strap The Strap
DezShizzels I said I'd shout u out first and I did, apart from pqs you were the first to join us and you helped get my activity + motivation up in da sm channels cheers for being around homie <3
pqs you had a bomb season on your own team, i'm sorry we couldnt end up drafting you but you played fire this season and you should b satisfied with your individual performance my guy. thanks for being around as well, it was cool to have you
Rosa ty for passing me some heat and chatting with me about the game you were a great ideas generator and i used some of ur stuff to good success
LRXC my dawg and hypeman was nice to have U in the cord
SiceXV grats on getting unbanned I wanna see you do it big in world cup
tenzhii we chat a lot and i appreciate that as well as the skewdas support, you got good energy
dogknees ily and its funny that we both choked big games for our teams, washed up aussies. Ty for joining da cord
Squirtell 1v1 goat
Justdelemon So i saved you for last because you went huge and helped our ss out a lot in the last 3-4 weeks, tons of potential for you as a player and I look forward to having you on cone if you decide to play cup. cheers for the help

And a last big shoutout to eblurb, the barras know and I'll leave it there. The heart and soul, you're a good guy and one of the big reasons I wanted to win was to get you your PL mvp which didn't happen this time around but isn't out of the question at a later date. Thanks for being a part of our 3 way manager team and trusting crucify's draft plan.

Cheers to Arai and everyone else for a good PL, it was fun around the board and I would say the trash talk + drama was more than adequate.

I was gonna wait to post to see if cruci still wants to play, since i at least wanna try to have the megarays 1,2 on the record sheet but i doubt thats happening

I would like to start with saying im not sorry for tagging everybody a million times we all knew i'll need team checks LOL

DEG everyone saying zio was the backpacker but you are tied for kgs carried

Itchy u were available when needed and super nice

zioziotrip fuck you for playing the third blanched series

Inkreativ 6-4 doesnt tell how important a few of your wins were so u can definelty be proud

smely socks SuperMemeBroz while i was especially impressed with smbz (most of the time) smely you were also a very consistent win in the standings and thanks for winning b4 i woke up u saved me 12 hours or power prepping

Boat

LBDC hahah lbdc is bad he robbed 13 times

187 Fan STABLE Blanched Potatochan thanks for existing

And lastly shoutouts to myself and allah we worked together very well in being the megarays shadow manager

The storytelling will happen tonight this is just for now

Two words: fucking finally.
There's probably a lot to say but I'll just write what crosses my mind. I think this has to be my favorite PL so far, probably because the environment was damn sick and we haven't tasted much defeat, having the best record ever in regular season then winning is pretty insane and proves 1v1 isn't only pocket monsters rps. I'd like to start by saying thanks to Arai for agreeing to host this tournament, you did a goodjob and I'm glad you hosted. Playoffs was also a challenge and pretty sick, thank you RPS and Barraskewdas for the games, it was a lot of fun and stress preparing these final three weeks.

Starting from pre-draft, I had my co-manager set during approximately fall. I knew that I get burned out during the end and I needed motivation so a friendly environment was what I needed. Speaking of environment, this is where the draft plan comes. Itchy and I had many initial plans in mind, we first started with Nalei but realized that she'd be a too expensive for our liking (Nalei is a phenomenal player and a self sufficient slot but I don't really believe anyone that plays only one gen is worth that much) then we tried to build one around the zoomers core aka Zio Smely Bopher Blurb but Bopher decided to manage so we dropped it and refined it to Smely+Zio+SM. We toyed around and decided that I wanted to get Ink as ORAS and backup MG/SM, and Neomon as main MG. I contacted both and they agreed on playing for me. So we just had to decide on SM, we decided to go with LBDC as long as he doesn't go above 20k and try to get any SM2 that is self sufficient because this is a gen where I have zero knowledge. Oh yea I forgot the legendary Zio line of "Only buy me if you're getting SMB and Joker", rof. But basically the whole draft plan was supported by Zio as we also discussed things with him. Let it be known frostyicelad was bought to support SM but ended up being a weekly cameo on Sunday saying "We won?!, nice".

Now during draft things got a bit too icky but I think my ruthless drafting made everything work perfectly. I had upped by expectations on pricing so Zio and LBDC were same as expectations bid wise. The tricky part was somehow getting Smely for cheap an adequate price because people like to bid 18k on her but turned out great 15.5 is also what I had expected loool. Though Neo and Ink were upbid the fuck up by James holy dude nearly fucked up my plans but I just kept bidding until he gave up cause I p much knew I couldn't lose them since the pool was dry and my plan would be in shambles. This DM also was based and brought us clutchwings for like 5k LOL: [13:10:07] Boat: get me [13:10:07] Boat: I like ur team.

Itchy Everything aside, thank you for managing with me, was a pretty fun experience and glad we could give you a real PL experience unlike Poliwrath. You've done a goodjob covering BW and getting wins, you also helped building here which is pretty nice. You're sometimes too harsh on yourself, you did great, and I believe you'll do better in the next tours, that was a PL of growth, we learn from every tournament. You've gone g5 in every week and this alone deserves a praise, like you were pretty close to a win or won every week which is something to be happy about. Amazing emotional support and you were a top co-. :pleadingface:

zioziotrip Holy shit man what a performance. 9-0 when it matters and 9-1 overall is amazing. I've always seen you as a top player and had you in mind as soon as PL was announced. I don't believe rust is a thing in 1v1 specially with the correct support. Your work ethics is scary LOL dude seriously builds 24 hours before a game and sometimes 20 mins (Semis and Final), idfk how you do it. I'm so glad that we picked you up and you helped qcing the draft plan which was amazing. Thanks for trusting me to draft a good team and agreeing to play bo7. You also built some ORAS when you could to mess up our style and usage which was pretty appreciated. Thank you!

LBDC I knew you'd be the most consistent SM of the bunch and we decided that we'll get you as long as you were under 20k. Rough start going 0-3 but you carried asf going 5-0 after that and 2-0 in poffs where it mattered the most. Amazing performance man. Your prep is is also pretty scary 12 hours before the game "ok time to build" loool. You're a great player and your record shows, goodjob man, and thank you for everything.

smely socks overrated player tbhjs. All jokes aside, I've always wanted to team with you ever since I helped Porygons a bit last PL, and helped central in WC. I think your prep ethic is amazing and you understand this game in a different way than the standard way. You+Zio had SS locked down and helping SS3+SS MG+A bit of ORAS. You're also a great emotional support and kept me sane sometimes kek. You've finally went positive in PL and actually won a Finals game, guess we broke every curse. You're a great player contrary to some beliefs. Thank you! smely socks.

neomon okokok this guy is a fucking beast. I trusted no one in Multigen ever since pre draft except neomonster. Dude is a beast and I knew he'd do amazing and I was ready to pay 14-15k even if he hasn't played for 2 years. Slept on pick for this PL and idt anyone could have learnt 5 gens of 1v1 in less than a month this good except you. Also carried in the tiebreak in SS, you're the person I trust the most going into the games picks and gameplay wise, watching you play and prep was satisfying. Toto cameo for drafting neomon in ZUPL then inviting me to Morpekos and making me see that neomon is active and will tryhard in team tours. Oh yea, also third manager and literally was competing with me for most lines LOL. Also honorary OG Mega Ray. Dude, thank you for everything.

1650796898071.png
(disclaimer this is 30 days not a week we're not psychos)

Inkreativ OG Mega Ray number two and pretty old friend, feels good to finally win after losing 2 PLs again. I finally bought you after failing last year LOL, only took DPP to be removed. I was sure you'd be a great team pilot and your losses were a bit unfortunate but atleast two came from the same person! I wanted you but didn't know where at first I was mostly getting u for ORAS/MG/SM2 and it depended what I'd do in draft. But after getting neo and lbdc I was sure I wanted you to ORAS. Putting you in ORAS was a great decision as you've had a great run and defeated some scary opponents and clutched us semis, not once BUT TWICE!! This alone deserves a huge spotlight. Was also pretty fun seeing pre-week 1 PRs "What's Mrays ORAS?! How can smely ORAS and leave SS??!" lmao. Fan support in ORAS was nice to have too, so thank you 187 Fan. Hope you've found a new home in this 50/50 meta. Great PL, and thank you so much for everything.

Boat CLUTCHWINGS!!! I've always thought you understood SM greatly and would make a great SM2 slot even before that famous dm since you're self sufficient and know what you're doing. I will not lie and say that I expected 7-2 but I still expected you to go positive. You were a pretty important slot every week and basically won us many weeks and specially when it mattered. Thank you Boat for everything and continue on improving and playing like you did this PL, you're a great player.

Scholar you've been pretty consistent in the past and getting you for 3k was worth it but it wasn't your PL unfortunately. Would have loved to give you more chances to prove yourself but that couldn't happen. Hope you're having fun away of Pokemon in Final Fantasy and goodluck for the future!

SuperMemeBroz SUPERMEMESTONE fsr this name is funny asf for a Crustle and what a poetic ending LOL. Thank Zio for being on the team cause he convinced me to buy you. A win in final is important and you were a key card for this PL win. You were also pretty harsh on yourself in the server and in PB talking about how you're not good at the game and shit but its the opposite, you've learnt a lot and got better week after week and clutched a win in finals which is pretty amazing. I think you need to stray away from meme sets in tournaments and use more solid cores because you're actually pretty good at picking and the more solid the teams are the better picking become. Thank you for playing for us and being a fun person to be around.

frostyicelad you still have more trophies than me which is unfortunate. I got you to support SM but unfortunate irl circumstances got in your way. Its sad that you couldn't contribute the same way you contributed in Asia days but its fine, I enjoyed your weekly Sunday cameos lmao. Thank you for playing that week and popping every once a while dropping a team or two and sorry that you couldn't win after deg sabotage LOL.

STABLE nah man I did not expect you to literally help us even after I helped your opponents for like the past tournaments LOL. But thank you so much for being there and carrying some weight in ORAS and your help was amazing specially against the RPS. Your prep was great and I like the way you see things, thank you once again! You contributed a lot to our success that I'm grateful for.
1650798364499.png

Potatochan Thank you so much for lifting some weight in BW and sometimes SS. You build good teams with ease and this was great to have. You're the goat support fr. Thank you, once again! Like Stable, you contributed a lot to mega rays success and I'm grateful for you.

RTM Blanched TheShadowClaw berryalcremie Mubs Thank for the help you provided in playoffs, mostly finals!

bea Thank you for building ORAS for the first few weeks, you were really the 11th player on the team and we enjoyed your presence. Thank you once again!

power Our Mega Rays franchise won a tournament. Hope you've been doing well buddy.

Thank you everyone for a fun tournament, and damn prepping for that finals was stressful. I'm glad the finals was between two great teams. I really appreciate and respect Crucify's and Bopher's work ethics and prep and appreciate them as individuals. Megarays environment was pretty damn amazing and hope we can do it again sometimes ;) And for the post-draft doubters, just trust the deg.

I'm glad I decided to join back this community during quarantine and then decided to stay, a great community but please less armchairing imo.

Last edited:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
it should come as no surprise this was my favorite PL by a mile. some of my past teams had awesome team environments that I really enjoyed, and others were good teams with winning chances. this one had both, cause my teammates were awesome. pretty much everyone has said they were carried, which is indicative of how much we believed in our teammates

DEG thanks for drafting me and believing I could do well in this slot
Itchy amazing team presence, and you clutched up in some crucial games
zioziotrip mvp and great person to be around
smely socks i'm glad we got to be on the same team finally
SuperMemeBroz u have gotten so much better since wcup, winning a finals series. good shit
LBDC you defo saved my ass a lot in weeks where i was too lazy to build, tysm
Inkreativ one of the slots I trusted most in each week, you're so reliable
neomon insanely impressive to learn five metas so quickly. sorry i didnt provide more SM teams, but im glad the ones i did won a lot
bea #1 fan start to finish, one of us as far as im concerned, thanks for helping
frostyicelad i didnt really use your builds but thank you for putting time into the team
Scholar we didnt interact a whole lot over the tourney but gl in final fantasy

also s/o to the playoffs helpers that helped me in the sm slot
Potatochan helped me all season with test games and team qc, tysm
STABLE gave me some teams used in playoffs, ty
TheShadowClaw testing in finals + put time into building / qc, ty

I'm pretty pleased with how I did personally. for the most part, it was a clean season (g1 vs Close I think was the only time I haxed?), although i definitely also shouldn't have gotten the W vs rumia. I think one thing I have down is not throwing post-click, which I saw an insane amount of in the SM slots this year. afaik I only threw g1 vs xsc. im not sure what my record would be assuming perfect play on both sides, but I can't control my opponents and the lack of hax + clutching several weeks / multiple reverse 3-0s leaves me pretty content with my season. obviously i am not pleased with how g5 vs TSC went (ban sleep) but I also didn't get haxed much over the course of the season so not too upset

see you in wc

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble

Two words: fucking finally.
There's probably a lot to say but I'll just write what crosses my mind. I think this has to be my favorite PL so far, probably because the environment was damn sick and we haven't tasted much defeat, having the best record ever in regular season then winning is pretty insane and proves 1v1 isn't only pocket monsters rps. I'd like to start by saying thanks to Arai for agreeing to host this tournament, you did a goodjob and I'm glad you hosted. Playoffs was also a challenge and pretty sick, thank you RPS and Barraskewdas for the games, it was a lot of fun and stress preparing these final three weeks.

Starting from pre-draft, I had my co-manager set during approximately fall. I knew that I get burned out during the end and I needed motivation so a friendly environment was what I needed. Speaking of environment, this is where the draft plan comes. Itchy and I had many initial plans in mind, we first started with Nalei but realized that she'd be a too expensive for our liking (Nalei is a phenomenal player and a self sufficient slot but I don't really believe anyone that plays only one gen is worth that much) then we tried to build one around the zoomers core aka Zio Smely Bopher Blurb but Bopher decided to manage so we dropped it and refined it to Smely+Zio+SM. We toyed around and decided that I wanted to get Ink as ORAS and backup MG/SM, and Neomon as main MG. I contacted both and they agreed on playing for me. So we just had to decide on SM, we decided to go with LBDC as long as he doesn't go above 20k and try to get any SM2 that is self sufficient because this is a gen where I have zero knowledge. Oh yea I forgot the legendary Zio line of "Only buy me if you're getting SMB and Joker", rof. But basically the whole draft plan was supported by Zio as we also discussed things with him. Let it be known frostyicelad was bought to support SM but ended up being a weekly cameo on Sunday saying "We won?!, nice".

Now during draft things got a bit too icky but I think my ruthless drafting made everything work perfectly. I had upped by expectations on pricing so Zio and LBDC were same as expectations bid wise. The tricky part was somehow getting Smely for cheap an adequate price because people like to bid 18k on her but turned out great 15.5 is also what I had expected loool. Though Neo and Ink were upbid the fuck up by James holy dude nearly fucked up my plans but I just kept bidding until he gave up cause I p much knew I couldn't lose them since the pool was dry and my plan would be in shambles. This DM also was based and brought us clutchwings for like 5k LOL: [13:10:07] Boat: get me [13:10:07] Boat: I like ur team.

Itchy Everything aside, thank you for managing with me, was a pretty fun experience and glad we could give you a real PL experience unlike Poliwrath. You've done a goodjob covering BW and getting wins, you also helped building here which is pretty nice. You're sometimes too harsh on yourself, you did great, and I believe you'll do better in the next tours, that was a PL of growth, we learn from every tournament. You've gone g5 in every week and this alone deserves a praise, like you were pretty close to a win or won every week which is something to be happy about. Amazing emotional support and you were a top co-. :pleadingface:

zioziotrip Holy shit man what a performance. 9-0 when it matters and 9-1 overall is amazing. I've always seen you as a top player and had you in mind as soon as PL was announced. I don't believe rust is a thing in 1v1 specially with the correct support. Your work ethics is scary LOL dude seriously builds 24 hours before a game and sometimes 20 mins (Semis and Final), idfk how you do it. I'm so glad that we picked you up and you helped qcing the draft plan which was amazing. Thanks for trusting me to draft a good team and agreeing to play bo7. You also built some ORAS when you could to mess up our style and usage which was pretty appreciated. Thank you!

LBDC I knew you'd be the most consistent SM of the bunch and we decided that we'll get you as long as you were under 20k. Rough start going 0-3 but you carried asf going 5-0 after that and 2-0 in poffs where it mattered the most. Amazing performance man. Your prep is is also pretty scary 12 hours before the game "ok time to build" loool. You're a great player and your record shows, goodjob man, and thank you for everything.

smely socks overrated player tbhjs. All jokes aside, I've always wanted to team with you ever since I helped Porygons a bit last PL, and helped central in WC. I think your prep ethic is amazing and you understand this game in a different way than the standard way. You+Zio had SS locked down and helping SS3+SS MG+A bit of ORAS. You're also a great emotional support and kept me sane sometimes kek. You've finally went positive in PL and actually won a Finals game, guess we broke every curse. You're a great player contrary to some beliefs. Thank you! smely socks.

neomon okokok this guy is a fucking beast. I trusted no one in Multigen ever since pre draft except neomonster. Dude is a beast and I knew he'd do amazing and I was ready to pay 14-15k even if he hasn't played for 2 years. Slept on pick for this PL and idt anyone could have learnt 5 gens of 1v1 in less than a month this good except you. Also carried in the tiebreak in SS, you're the person I trust the most going into the games picks and gameplay wise, watching you play and prep was satisfying. Toto cameo for drafting neomon in ZUPL then inviting me to Morpekos and making me see that neomon is active and will tryhard in team tours. Oh yea, also third manager and literally was competing with me for most lines LOL. Also honorary OG Mega Ray. Dude, thank you for everything.

View attachment 420781 (disclaimer this is 30 days not a week we're not psychos)

Inkreativ OG Mega Ray number two and pretty old friend, feels good to finally win after losing 2 PLs again. I finally bought you after failing last year LOL, only took DPP to be removed. I was sure you'd be a great team pilot and your losses were a bit unfortunate but atleast two came from the same person! I wanted you but didn't know where at first I was mostly getting u for ORAS/MG/SM2 and it depended what I'd do in draft. But after getting neo and lbdc I was sure I wanted you to ORAS. Putting you in ORAS was a great decision as you've had a great run and defeated some scary opponents and clutched us semis, not once BUT TWICE!! This alone deserves a huge spotlight. Was also pretty fun seeing pre-week 1 PRs "What's Mrays ORAS?! How can smely ORAS and leave SS??!" lmao. Fan support in ORAS was nice to have too, so thank you 187 Fan. Hope you've found a new home in this 50/50 meta. Great PL, and thank you so much for everything.

Boat CLUTCHWINGS!!! I've always thought you understood SM greatly and would make a great SM2 slot even before that famous dm since you're self sufficient and know what you're doing. I will not lie and say that I expected 7-2 but I still expected you to go positive. You were a pretty important slot every week and basically won us many weeks and specially when it mattered. Thank you Boat for everything and continue on improving and playing like you did this PL, you're a great player.

Scholar you've been pretty consistent in the past and getting you for 3k was worth it but it wasn't your PL unfortunately. Would have loved to give you more chances to prove yourself but that couldn't happen. Hope you're having fun away of Pokemon in Final Fantasy and goodluck for the future!

SuperMemeBroz SUPERMEMESTONE fsr this name is funny asf for a Crustle and what a poetic ending LOL. Thank Zio for being on the team cause he convinced me to buy you. A win in final is important and you were a key card for this PL win. You were also pretty harsh on yourself in the server and in PB talking about how you're not good at the game and shit but its the opposite, you've learnt a lot and got better week after week and clutched a win in finals which is pretty amazing. I think you need to stray away from meme sets in tournaments and use more solid cores because you're actually pretty good at picking and the more solid the teams are the better picking become. Thank you for playing for us and being a fun person to be around.

frostyicelad you still have more trophies than me which is unfortunate. I got you to support SM but unfortunate irl circumstances got in your way. Its sad that you couldn't contribute the same way you contributed in Asia days but its fine, I enjoyed your weekly Sunday cameos lmao. Thank you for playing that week and popping every once a while dropping a team or two and sorry that you couldn't win after deg sabotage LOL.

STABLE nah man I did not expect you to literally help us even after I helped your opponents for like the past tournaments LOL. But thank you so much for being there and carrying some weight in ORAS and your help was amazing specially against the RPS. Your prep was great and I like the way you see things, thank you once again! You contributed a lot to our success that I'm grateful for.
View attachment 420784

Potatochan Thank you so much for lifting some weight in BW and sometimes SS. You build good teams with ease and this was great to have. You're the goat support fr. Thank you, once again! Like Stable, you contributed a lot to mega rays success and I'm grateful for you.

RTM Blanched TheShadowClaw berryalcremie Mubs Thank for the help you provided in playoffs, mostly finals!

power Our Mega Rays franchise won a tournament. Hope you've been doing well buddy.

Thank you everyone for a fun tournament, and damn prepping for that finals was stressful. I'm glad the finals was between two great teams. I really appreciate and respect Crucify's and Bopher's work ethics and prep and appreciate them as individuals. Megarays environment was pretty damn amazing and hope we can do it again sometimes ;) And for the post-draft doubters, just trust the deg.

I'm glad I decided to join back this community during quarantine and then decided to stay, a great community but please less armchairing imo.

YOOOO the metro boomin mega rays finally won?!?!

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I knew way in advance that I was going into this PL as a manager, and I trusted deg to help me guide our team. We had our ups and downs, but overall we came out on top! What a commanding season, team! I hope you all had as much fun as I did :D

No synergy
Dead server
Season over
DEG ty for trusting me to be your comanager! I'm glad our draft plan worked so well, and you were instrumental to the team's success! Thanks for supporting me, ink and neomon in ORAS / BW, literally could not have done it without you! From coaching me in moccs leading up to the draft, to planning for the auction, to guiding me with building and coaching me to play better, you did it all :pleading_face:

neomon I am so glad I trusted deg to pick you up for the MG slot. I was too new to know how good you were, both as a player and as emotional support. I loved having you around, and you never failed to make everyone laugh. In addition to that, you were a great player, only losing twice through 9 games, and clutched the semis tb! I hope we cross paths again someday

zioziotrip You were our third drafter, and truly a goated player. 9-0 where it mattered and 9-1 overall, thanks Allah for the help! Just like neomon, you are also quite the jokester - you were also great emotional support, in addition to being the best player this PL. I have no idea how you prep so quickly, but it worked everytime. Good luck with everything irl!

smely socks you were one of my first friends on this website, and you're still one of my closest ones. I'm so glad this PL went so well for you! In addition to your own slot, you and zio were instrumental to SMBZ's success, you supported ORAS and MG occasionally, and helped me stay on track with building BW a few times! I'm glad we finally got to team together, I'll see you around

SuperMemeBroz It has been great to see you grow as a player! You did great for your first PL, and I hope you're off to bigger, better things. Your nicknames were impeccable, and it's been great seeing you develop confidence. Sorry things didn't work out with the girl, but I'm glad that didn't affect your finals performance

Boat I'm so glad this PL went better than out last, and you were undeniably one of the main reasons as to why. You became known as clutchwings for a reason - you often played under high pressure, bringing home the win or the tie (sorry rumia). Thanks for holding down the SM slot, and coaching neomon with LBDC!

LBDC you were the other half of our SM power duo! Going into the draft, me and deg knew we needed to pick up a self-sufficient SM player, and you fit the bill. Despite your rocky 0-3 start, you clawed your way to 5-3, bringing home crucial wins in semis and finals! Thanks for everything, you and Boat both patched the knowledge gap that me and deg left in SM. Let's run it back in OMPL!

Inkreativ I am so glad I trusted deg when they suggested to draft you. Thanks a million for picking up ORAS this tour! You definitely had some rough losses, you also brought us into the semis tiebreak and then into finals. Good luck with irl stuff!

frostyicelad Thanks for being a good sport this PL, sorry that irl things got in the way of your goated support. Maybe next time!

Scholar Thanks for being willing to play w1 w2 and w7! Sorry that you couldn't get a win, but maybe WC will be better. See you then :blobnom:
bea the 11th player in our hearts, thanks so much for everything! You helped deg and neomon with ORAS building, acted as neomon's assistant, and were a good chat presence. Sorry that we didn't draft you, but you were a valuable member of our squad

187 Fan Thanks for helping Ink out in ORAS! Ik you were busy, but the support you provided was crucial. You also rounded out the neo / deg / brudders f1 core out nicely!

Potatochan thanks for carrying BW prep after I expertly DDOSed Fake. You initially joined to support Boat, but ended up supporting just about every other slot more! Thanks so much for everything :swole:

STABLE I know we've had our disagreements in the past, but I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the incredible support you provided in playoffs for SM/ORAS and even my slot on occasion

berryalcremie thanks for joining me in BW fren, was great to see you grow into one of the better BW players. Thanks for the countless test games during the season and in playoffs! Can't wait to see how WC goes:blobnom:

Blanched Mubs Jabiru RTM TheShadowClaw Thanks for joining us for playoffs!

Last edited:
Ok

We start this adventure about 3 months ago, dead man neomon appeared out of nowhere since i got a laptop again. One might say i play last wcop but lololol bro i smacked 3 choiced mons on a team and called it a day and still went 2-1 so we all know what to think of dpp bo5s..
I was fairly certain i was getting picked i just wasnt sure if its gonna be for some dogshit meta or if people would expect me to still be able to backpack 3 ss slots for 9 weeks but i was pretty sure it was happening. Meanwhile i get pms from 3 or 4 managers thinking they want to ask me what i wanna play the most and if they are ok w me being on their team but i swear to god i just got pms w people asking if im dead or if i will actually do stuff this time around.
Everyone thought i was going for cheap and deg set the most realistic price point for me so i just assumed i would be on the mega rayquazas. I appeared in the draft and saw james bidding on me and immediately considered cancering cause the team looked like absolute shambles (srsly wouldve been fine w any other team)
Ok so dead man neomon goes for like 14k and doesnt know a single metagame, which was, lets say, interesting. The team i was on looked good though, we had somewhat of an old core together and i was ready to at least put in a decent amount of work once nupl was finished
In a few weeks time i realized that one could use the calc to maximize their odds at winning which was fairly new to me.
W1 vs mubs im sitting there like i do not know where to start i forgot everything i knew about any metagame and i was honestly terrified of what ss would look like after 2 years. I was still caught up in nupl bullshit, seems i cant go thru a tour without tiebreaking in semis. Since i didnt know what mons were good i just looked at funny things i wanted to use, hence CAMEL WEAVILE ZAPDOS LOLOLOLthis shit prolly got 3-0d by half the metagame holy cowman. Mubs seemed fairly incompetent though so yea. We win w1, w2 was also about as routine as its gonna get, then i get smashed by scarf arcanine and 5 3-0s in a row, we lose a week, and from there i started taking the playing part more relaxed again which worked in our favor. W4 to 7 were basically about as free as it got, we got close to tying once or twice but it showed in regular season that deg put together probably the most consistent bunch of people on average. The armchairing throughout the season was annoying honestly. Either u give someone shit playing like a monkey or you give them shit for their opponent playing like a monkey.
Cant ever satisfy anyone, even when i played my ass off people just ended up saying my opponent played like a donkey, which honestly destroys a lot of the rewarding aspects of competing
Id say my highlights of my personal matches are prolly vs the rhyps, the bandit series gave me a bit of confidence and beating gym and murman as convincingly as i did prolly gave me more of an ego boost than even i expected
As for highlights outside of my own tiny little bubble it would probably be some of smbz shittalk midseries when he was making absolute eblurb level monkey plays and still got away w it llooooooool
Zio being a constant on the wincolumn was also really what gave the team stability, contrary to what ive been saying im actually glad he had a series where he could play for fun once
Negativ highlight is probably somewhere between some of the scholar ss-series' and me losing to pa for no real reason
Screenshot_20220424-135042_Discord.jpg

Pretty sure cruci is the only one in the mg pool that i think could have consistently beaten me but for better or for worse there was no need to play this out
I take this pl as probably the best one i touched yet, i took my responsibilities like i should but i never had to actually overload myself w the burden of caring if everyone is doing their thing cause everyone also took their stuff personally and im thankful for that
Really this just made me competent enough in all metagames to where i wont need deg on my ass every day anymore about some mu to be xplained or some shit
Im pretty convinced 70% of 1v1 success just comes from plain confidence. I an ideal world where everyone has complete confidence into what their clicking, every 1v1 game would be a matchup dice or a 50 50, which high level games already are

why am i always late to this, anyways my turn ig

season over, poor us

DEG well i have to start here dont I? basically everything has already been said, youre prob the best manager there is, alongside ggopw, youre the reason i signed up and i prob would have roped on every other team except yours. so huge, huge thanks for picking me up, i think it went quite well :wo:

Itchy your uplifting spirit really helped throughout the rather rough weeks. thanks to you too, for picking me up and believing. you also clutched up many times, so that your record doesnt even come close to indictaing your worth to the team.

zioziotrip lets say that its 9-0 when it mattered. Jokes aside, fucking hell youre good at this. always could depend on you. not only in your games but also behind the scenes, building and being just a fun guy, loved to play alongside you

neomon was soll ich sagen? youre mad impressive, with the 7-2 record probably being the second most impressive feat of yours this season, after your chat presence. always somebody to depend upon and somebody who turned up in huge games, TB was flames

smely socks you were instrumental to so many of our slots, while also going positive and always being in a good mood. glad i finally talked a bit more with you, similar to itchy

SuperMemeBroz its been great seeing you adapting to this whole thing and eventually finishing the arc with a W in finals.

LBDC comeback goat. from 0-3 to 5-3, good good shit. was nice depending on you and your last minute building and all of it coming together when it mattered most

Boat 5k and 7-2, nothing more to add here. so fucking good and clutch, thanks for that and gz on having a good redeeming season

frostyicelad yeah we won, thanks for being there

bea goat.

187 Fan testen und so halt ne, kannst nicht spielen

STABLE romanian god squads coming through

Potatochan Mubs yall are awesome

tl;dr: degs the goat, no synergy sadly, still won.

season over, fr now :boatogostandode:

Last edited:

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
said I would make one of these so I suppose I should follow through
DEG I know we larp a lot together so I'll try and keep it short, but thank you for drafting me. After last pl I was kind of nervous about what to expect this year but you made it about as good as it could possibly be so thank you so much.

Itchy someone else I talk to a lot so same thing as deg. You helped make this pl go a lot smoother than the last one. I know it wasn't always easy for you at times but you did great and I think you're really close to popping off

zioziotrip fraud player only going 9-0 in real games :joy: but actually though it was great to team with you again. Whenever we end up on the same team things seem to go well (WC 4, 2v2 PL 1, and now PL 6). You really deserved this after making finals 3 years in a row and I'm glad you did it in such a dominating fashion.

SuperMemeBroz to round out our ss, you earned my respect this pl. I know you felt like you had a lot to prove this pl and I hope you feel like you accomplished that. You stepped up when scholar was struggling and had some really good wins, especially in finals which far more important than most people realize. Glad you got your trophy and good luck this week with LT

neomon you went off this season and I am blessed to have been on a team with the inspiration that is tryhard neomon. I would consider you the heart of our team. Was a pleasure being on your team this pl and I'm glad I got to get to know you better.

LBDC was really cool to get to team with you for once. You're not only a great player but also just a really nice guy. Glad you were able to turn it around after the rocky start which I would much rather take than the other way around.

Boat probably the player who performed most above expectations this pl. I know you really wanted to do well this pl and you did amazing. Glad you were able to get your trophy after what happened on morpekos. Some of the strongest character development I've seen well done.

Inkreativ you did fantastic this pl, especially for someone who barely used zard until playoffs. You came up clutch not once but twice in semis during our darkest hour. Great job this season you did absolutely amazing and I'm glad I got to talk to you some more.

frostyicelad I know you were busy a lot of this pl but that doesn't mean you weren't important too!! Thanks for helping out when you could and stepping in the one week. Congrats on another trophy

Scholar we have been on the same pl team in every pl I've played in which is honestly insane and things seem to work out well when we're together. I know this wasn't your best tour, but at the same time I think you picked fine it was just understanding what to do after that which was somewhat understandable. Glad to be on your team again and hope you enjoyed the back to back win even if you aren't as into mons anymore.

bea I don't know what's with all these people forgetting about you or not putting you with the rays ?_?. I considered you a part of our team since day 1. It sucks being snubbed of a trophy rellia WC 4 mode but I hope you learned something while you were with us. You helped a lot and your presence is always a welcome one so thank you so much.

187 Fan same thing as bea I don't get why people aren't putting you with the rest of the team. You may not technically have been on the roster but I considered you a ray since day 1. Thank you so much for helping out it really made a difference

I really feel like everyone did their part this pl and I hope you all feel like you did a good job because I wouldn't change anything about our team and what we did. Thanks again for the crazy season and another trophy you all did great. It was fun teaming with some new faces, this was definitely my favorite pl team environment so far.
TheShadowClaw berryalcremie Jabiru Mubs thanks for helping out in playoffs always helps to have more support but an extra thanks to Blanched RTM STABLE Potatochan for helping out in ss specifically because things were getting dire for me towards the end regarding my inspiration and you all helped give ideas.

thanks to all of you who asked to help even if you got denied, you intentions were in the right place

and for my specific prep help thank you sosososo much to rumia bo_bobson27 Nick.see for filling in as testing partners in some tricky weeks

Gym Socks! thanks for testing with me throughout the season and building with me in finals. You've been one of my longest friends on this site and our teamwork seems to do well. I wouldn't say the teams we made were good but hey they worked LOL

and of course Rellia, probably the person I got the most outside help from and it worked well for both of us seeing how we ended up top of the ss bo5 slot sheet for the 2nd tour in a row despite both of us skipping a week. Thank you so much and I hope you're having a splendid day today
also thanks to Arai for hosting, awa for the art it looked sick, crucify for the consistent usage stats and replays, STABLE again for running the sheet, and everyone else behind the scenes who made this run smoothly

Thats the end of the s/o's hope I didn't miss anyone but I probably did. The rest will just be some reflection and rambling so feel free to skip
Going into this tour I was nervous like I said for a few reasons. Not only was I scared of ending up on a shit team, but I was also dealing with the memories of last pl where while I did win, it wasn't an experience I wanted to repeat for obvious reasons. Additionally, after being lucky enough to win 2/3 of the team tours I played in it's difficult to motivate myself to join another knowing I probably wouldn't be so lucky this time. However, I had a pretty good feeling about our team after deg told me I was probably going to their team before the draft. I also didn't expect to be playing ss more than 5 times this pl, let alone 8. My plan was to kind of hop around slots like blurb between ss, oras, maybe even mg but we kept winning and when something is working you shouldn't change. This definitely took a toll on me which I'll get into later. However, the necro ban bailed me out and kept it fresh enough to hang in there.

My goal this pl was first to win (shocker), but also kind of to redeem myself after last year. I knew I could do it seeing how I had the best record in the previous wc, but doing it is always easier said than done. I'm still somewhat disappointed with how I did because I feel like all of my losses were to myself more than to my opponent, but 5-3 is better than 3-6 so I'll take it for now. Definitely need to work on the mental consistency because that was my downfall in all of my losses eh. At least I won in finals this time despite that series being incredibly cursed to anyone who knew our sets.

Something else that bothered me this pl was the armchair culture that kind of popped up. I think neomon summed it up pretty well where if you lose it was because you're dogshit and if you win it was because you're opponent was dogshit. I understand like spectating the series and speculation and reflection can be useful when used correctly. But when people are being pmed by some spectator mid series saying "you should have gone X it 3-0d" (it was an 0-3 btw) and get flamed by an entire discord of people after the series that's just toxic and needs to stop. Keep that shit in private or use it constructively when the player requests it in order to improve. Just another side note you all had some really awful predicts this pl and it was really funny. Thanks for motivating our team and fuck y'all for not believing in us from the start.

Looking ahead I honestly don't know what to expect from next year. Unless some meta is absolutely fire I have a hard time seeing myself forcing myself to build 9 weeks of teams in a row. Those of you who know me know I take team tours very seriously and pl in particular takes a huge toll on me. I was going kind of insane the last few weeks with motivation and building. Despite winning 2 of them pl is definitely my least favorite tour of the year just because of the length and insane levels of burnout it's a lot. Something I'd like to see next year is a mid season break after week 4 or so. I don't think I would have survived if I had to play week 6 and if we didn't have the tb weeks off.

I feel like I'm forgetting something but I'll end it off there for now. It was great to win and I'm proud of what we were able to accomplish as a team. I wouldn't change anything about what we did as a group, but for me personally it still was far from perfect. In the moment it was great but over the last couple days I've had some mixed feelings idk.

I am a well known liar when it comes to future availability.

Manager of the Year:

Winner: DEG (56.4%)
Runner-Up: crucify (20.5%)

Rookie of the Year:

Winner: Nick.see (41%)
Runner-Up: AOPSUser (35.9%)

Builder of the Year

Winner:
Bopher (34.3%)
Runner-Up: crucify (28.6%)

Teammate of the Year:

Winner:
neomon (47.2%)
Runner-Up: Murman (33.3%)

Most Improved Player

Winner:
Boat (48.7%)
Runner-Up: Gym Socks! (20.5%)

Biggest Underpay:

Winner: Boat (52.6%)
Runner-Up: AOPSUser (21.1%)

Biggest Overpay:

Winner:
DenisTheMenace (44.7%)
Runner-Up: Tie - Nalei and Potatochan (15.8%)

Most Valuable Player (MVP):

Winner: zioziotrip (27/39, 69.2%)
Runner-Up: Trashuny (9/39, 23.1%)​

Series of the Year?
Winner:
@Inkreativ vs @bird poop (Semifinals) (40.5%)

Game of the Year?
Winner:
@PA vs @crying (36.8%)

FIRST TEAM ALL-PRO:
SS Bo7: zioziotrip
SS2: smely socks
SS3: Rellia
SM1: TheShadowClaw
SM2: Boat
ORAS: Inkreativ
BW: Zen
MG: neomon

SECOND TEAM ALL-PRO:
SS Bo7: Blanched
SS2: Mishlef
SS3: Nick.see
SM1: XSTATIC COLD
SM2: LBDC
ORAS: Mubs
BW: Lumii
MG: Gym Socks!
Here Comes Team Charm! - Thank you for managing with me. It's an experience I will greatly cherish.
pqs - After going 1-7 in teamtours for two years, you didn't run away from the grind. I applaud you for that.
tenzhii - I want you to understand very clearly that our team would not even be in a position to make playoffs if it wasn't for your value. Don't be too hard on yourself.
lancert - Lancer!!!! Thanks for the funny moments and great play, do tell us your teams next time tho...
dogknees - Thanks for coming in after some time and being willing to play SS for us. I understand these days are busy for you and I have and forever will appreciate that you stuck around and were active all the weeks.
Sanshokuinsumireko - Didn't get to talk to you much but you came in, played your slot, and did it well. That alone is worthy of thanks.

Adam3560 413X pj bbeeaa - thanks for being around.

Call me PK - I'm retaining you next year for 10,000 credits. Tell me what slot you want to be in by mid december.

rumia:

Nothing else has to be said.
I've been playing a Japanese Bug Catching Simulator since I was 9. I'm 17 now and I graduate next month. Goddamn. I've spent WAY too much time on this website. Regardless, I have to thank all the people who've kept me here for that long.

Felucia will forever be the first person I'll ever shout out.
DEG, Rosa, Nalei, Quantum Tesseract, Elo Bandit, Alakazam, Boat, Uselesscrab, rumia, Snaquaza, TheShadowClaw, Kentari, ayedan, Morgan, PA, Aliss, Arai, pqs, Jamez, Knuckstrike, charizard8888, Teremiare, Chickenpie2, Kaif, Fleeting Memories, Freddy Kyogre, lancert, PartMan, Tol, lost heros, Murman, Ango, Squirtell 1v1, Baleblaze, chlo, Joker 1v1, dogknees, Blazikin, Gross Sweep, blondesasukeuchiha, Synonimous, OM, Waylaid, Inkreativ, toadandhishaxx, 187 Fan, Iron Crusher, Jabiru, neomon, Ransei, CashKP, ACII, E4 Flint, and many others are people I've talked to for years on end and I've enjoyed my discussion with. A good amount of you have moved on from the game. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
smely socks, zioziotrip, STABLE, LRXC, crucify, Potatochan, Bopher, Gym Socks!, Maki, Blanched, Here Comes Team Charm!, SiceXV, crow crumbs, Adam3560, Vrji, Itchy, Krytocon, Nick.see, swag god, Rellia (o.o), fruan, D2TheW, bea, tenzhii, Urfgurgle, eblurb, XSTATIC COLD, doc1203, Fragments, Mishlef, SuperMemeBroz, Sanshokuinsumireko, Lumii. You're all more recent to the 1v1 scene and I appreciate being able to discuss a various amount of topics with y'all on the daily, mons or not. Hope y'all stick around.
shoutouts to those I've met in 2v2 IBM, Chris32156, turtalkatthing, Reece, Crunchman, London13, Rumplestiltskin, Phantomistix, papiloco
airfare, Ron, nui, HoeenHero, deetah, Gimmick, Schiavetto, Spiderz, Finchinator, Memoric, Kolohe, May, Aldrich, The Immortal, willdbeast, Euphonos, Jayi, Peary, DaWoblefet, kjdaas, Mishimono, Notater, Pigeons, in the hills, eu, LBDC, Shoutouts the people I've gotten to know outside of the places that I frequent, you're people who I have appreciated talking to as well. I certainly forgot some people so I apologize to those who I did; I do appreciate you as well.

Amberr don’t think I forgot about you.

As always, thank you for reading, and have a nice day. Mubs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)