Tournament 1v1 Premier League VII - Discussion Thread

Itchy

live a villain, die an icon
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:meowth-alola::trubbish::gholdengo::persian:
Draft Gambling Competition!!!!!*
Shamelessly stolen from willdbeast's OMPL post here
*not actually gambling, probably

This year's PL draft is at 1pm -4 on Saturday (5pm +0). I hope you all are excited!

This year, I would like to make the draft just a little bit more epic than it already is, so I will be hosting a gambling* game! Winner gets bragging rights for all eternity

The game is simple: guess your price in the draft! Send your guesses to me in PMs either on smogon or discord. If your price is predetermined, whether as a retain or self-bought manager, you are ineligible to play. Sorry, that's cheating >>>>:(

After the draft, I'll compile the results and tell everyone how right (or wrong) you were!

- Once the draft starts, submissions are closed
- If your name on Smogon does not match your Discord, consider including your Smogon username in the message
- The minimum guess is 3k, please use intervals of .5
- All entrants must be enthusiastic about playing in 1v1PL

Hot Takes for each team this PL:
Elo Bandit will make content and we will all subscribe
Baleblaze will win another PL as Heatrans go undefeated once again
Kaif will get fluke wins vs people who lose to timer ending up in playoffs because of it
DEG's team won't make playoffs
XSC will ban Fragments from the discord and end up drafting 20+ 3k fodder and make finals before losing to a crit and blaming his team
Potatochan gets baked
Horrors remain winless throughout 2 Premier League appearances
Waylaid will get a hot date leaving Drip to turn to LRXC for advice...

Player Hot Takes:
El Spicy returns!
Logan streams PL draft not knowing half the players, but still acting like he does. which will confuse his gf who's probably only pokemon knowledge is playing pokemon go even more as she like majority of girlfriends think mbappe or tom brady is a pokemon. (tom brady is a pokemon, trust me)
Joker wins with bs that makes no sense to anyone

LittEleven

A wanderer above the sea of fog
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Player Hot Takes:
El Spicy returns!
Logan streams PL draft not knowing half the players, but still acting like he does. which will confuse his gf who's probably only pokemon knowledge is playing pokemon go even more as she like majority of girlfriends think mbappe or tom brady is a pokemon. (tom brady is a pokemon, trust me)
ftfy

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
Hot Takes for each team this PL:
Elo Bandit will make content and we will all subscribe
Baleblaze will win another PL as Heatrans go undefeated once again
Kaif will get fluke wins vs people who lose to timer ending up in playoffs because of it
DEG's team won't make playoffs
XSC will ban Fragments from the discord and end up drafting 20+ 3k fodder and make finals before losing to a crit and blaming his team
Potatochan gets baked
Horrors remain winless throughout 2 Premier League appearances
Waylaid will get a hot date leaving Drip to turn to LRXC for advice...

Player Hot Takes:
El Spicy returns!
true; the objective is to finish solo at the end.
That's why i will only draft nasty guys.
Take care, hunger games begins.

Last edited:

fake tom numbers

formerly Tom1535
very real team rankings

:heatran:1. Hellfire Heatrans:heatran:
this team has always been good and this year is no exception. An excellent core of swag god + PG is PG + Swordisbored makes for a very good teamcord experience and their other teammates like Eeveekid and Jabiru covering ADV and DPP respectively. They definitely got a huge steal by buying BlackKnight_Gawain for 10.5k, very prominent user and well known in the community. Filling out the rest of the slots, Baleblaze and UrBoiXander are very active and Miyoko and NTG cuz IDK are very promising newbloods by winning many different SV tournaments. Zoe and LeCehlou are great friends and will get along very well. This team has a very high chance of winning the entire tournament.

:rhyperior:2. RPS Rhyperiors:rhyperior:
This team drafted amazingly well in OGPL, but that is nothing in comparison to this draft. Elo, Murman, Lumii, Rumia and Urfgurgle can provide irl ghosting to each other while being very good clickers. Close is a great player and will get lots of team support from Roginald and Career Ended. Itchy fills the BW slot, Blurmpt fills out the DPP slot, and Lucario and Bernian are amazing players in their own right, filling the ADV and GSC slot. Not much to say to this amazing team, 100% getting into playoffs.

:rayquaza-mega:3. Metro Boomin' Megarays:rayquaza-mega:
Deg has been known to be smart at drafting, and this PL shows exactly why. With the highest budget of all the teams, ncalathes and deg make the wise decision to buy gorillaa, one of the best 1v1 players, for only 17k. But it gets better, especially the 6.5k buy for ghosting slot Palestine. They also drafted Euphonos for DPP, lialialiabeats for ADV, and TrainerPLA for GSC. Old veterans like Freddy Kyogre and Tol are great for their wise knowledge, and all the other players contribute to the other slots. They definitely have a high chance of getting into playoffs, and this team should not be underestimated.

all the other teams are irrelevant+bad shouldve drafted joker and heyman smh smh

Opchurtle100

I COULD BE BANNED!
very real team rankings

this team has always been good and this year is no exception. An excellent core of swag god + PG is PG + Swordisbored makes for a very good teamcord experience and their other teammates like Eeveekid and Jabiru covering ADV and DPP respectively. They definitely got a huge steal by buying BlackKnight_Gawain for 10.5k, very prominent user and well known in the community. Filling out the rest of the slots, Baleblaze and UrBoiXander are very active and Miyoko and NTG cuz IDK are very promising newbloods by winning many different SV tournaments. Zoe and LeCehlou are great friends and will get along very well. This team has a very high chance of winning the entire tournament.

This team drafted amazingly well in OGPL, but that is nothing in comparison to this draft. Elo, Murman, Lumii, Rumia and Urfgurgle can provide irl ghosting to each other while being very good clickers. Close is a great player and will get lots of team support from Roginald and Career Ended. Itchy fills the BW slot, Blurmpt fills out the DPP slot, and Lucario and Bernian are amazing players in their own right, filling the ADV and GSC slot. Not much to say to this amazing team, 100% getting into playoffs.

Deg has been known to be smart at drafting, and this PL shows exactly why. With the highest budget of all the teams, ncalathes and deg make the wise decision to buy gorillaa, one of the best 1v1 players, for only 17k. But it gets better, especially the 6.5k buy for ghosting slot Palestine. They also drafted Euphonos for DPP, lialialiabeats for ADV, and TrainerPLA for GSC. Old veterans like Freddy Kyogre and Tol are great for their wise knowledge, and all the other players contribute to the other slots. They definitely have a high chance of getting into playoffs, and this team should not be underestimated.

all the other teams are irrelevant+bad shouldve drafted joker and heyman smh smh
shut up

Itchy

live a villain, die an icon
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:meowth-alola::trubbish: :gholdengo::persian:
Draft Gambling* results (!!)

Well that certainly was a draft of all time... I plan on doing PRs as well so I'll leave it at that for now. On to the very important gambling results!

There was only a single exact match. Congrats Eeveekid10!
You win bragging rights for all eternity, enjoy

Out of all the rest, LittEleven takes the cake, being .5k off of his 17k draft price!
Very impressive :bat:

Here are the full results:
PG is PG - 63k (8.5k)
crow crumbs - 23.5k (13k)
DenisTheMenace - 18k (21k)
LittEleven - 17.5k (17k)
Itchy - 14k (16k)
D2TheW - 13.5k (16.5k)
swag god - 8.5k (11k)
Joker 1v1 - 8k (undrafted)
Vertigo - 7k (8k)
Akeras - 4.5k (9.5k)
Slip - 4.5k (5.5k)
Eeveekid10 - 3k (3k)
Arai - 3k (undrafted)
1. Eeveekid10 - Perfect Match!
LittEleven - .5k
3. Slip - 1k
3. Vertigo - 1k
5. Itchy - 2k
6. swag god - 2.5k
7. D2TheW - 3k
7. DenisTheMenace - 3k
9. Akeras - 5k
10. crow crumbs - 10.5k
11. PG is PG - 54.5k
- Arai - undrafted
- Joker 1v1 - undrafted
LittEleven - 3%
3. Itchy - 13%
3. Vertigo - 13%
5. DenisTheMenace - 14%
6. D2theW - 18%
6. Slip - 18%
8. swag god - 23%
9. Akeras - 53%
10. crow crumbs - 81%
11. PG is PG - 641%
- Arai
- Joker 1v1
%error=abs(guess-actual)*100/actual
Since I had several ineligible people reach out, I'll include them here. Next year if I do this again I'll give them an alternate guessing game so they can participate alongside everyone else, but this year they get put on the wall of shame :regiF:
- stravench guessed Squirtell would be most expensive - correct!
- Lumii gave me her retain price and then guessed 16k for me, perfect guesses all around
- Mishlef pinged with his retain price
- Justdelemon one-upped him by pinging with the wrong price (13k)
- clerica did not sign up and guessed 16.5k for me, only .5k (3%) off
ty everyone for playing, hope you all had fun
gl to all of you that are on a team​

Last edited:

bern

no.1 cramorant fan ❤️
is a Social Media Contributor
:meowth-alola::trubbish: :gholdengo::persian:
Draft Gambling* results (!!)

Well that certainly was a draft of all time... I plan on doing PRs as well so I'll leave it at that for now. On to the very important gambling results!

There was only a single exact match. Congrats Eeveekid10!
You win bragging rights for all eternity, enjoy

Out of all the rest, LittEleven takes the cake, being .5k off of his 17k draft price!
Very impressive :bat:

Here are the full results:
PG is PG - 63k (8.5k)
crow crumbs - 23.5k (13k)
DenisTheMenace - 18k (21k)
LittEleven - 17.5k (17k)
Itchy - 14k (16k)
D2TheW - 13.5k (16.5k)
swag god - 8.5k (11k)
Joker 1v1 - 8k (undrafted)
Vertigo - 7k (8k)
Akeras - 4.5k (9.5k)
Slip - 4.5k (5.5k)
Eeveekid10 - 3k (3k)
Arai - 3k (undrafted)
LittEleven - .5k
3. Slip - 1k
3. Vertigo - 1k
5. Itchy - 2k
6. swag god - 2.5k
7. D2TheW - 3k
7. DenisTheMenace - 3k
9. Akeras - 5k
10. crow crumbs - 10.5k
11. PG is PG - 54.5k
- Arai - undrafted
- Joker 1v1 - undrafted
LittEleven - 3%
3. Itchy - 13%
3. Vertigo - 13%
5. DenisTheMenace - 14%
6. D2theW - 18%
6. Slip - 18%
8. swag god - 23%
9. Akeras - 53%
10. crow crumbs - 81%
11. PG is PG - 641%
- Arai
- Joker 1v1
%error=abs(guess-actual)*100/actual
Since I had several ineligible people reach out, I'll include them here. Next year if I do this again I'll give them an alternate guessing game so they can participate alongside everyone else, but this year they get put on the wall of shame :regiF:
- stravench guessed Squirtell would be most expensive - correct!
- Lumii gave me her retain price and then guessed 16k for me, perfect guesses all around
- Mishlef pinged with his retain price
- Justdelemon one-upped him by pinging with the wrong price (13k)
- clerica did not sign up and guessed 16.5k for me, only .5k (3%) off
ty everyone for playing, hope you all had fun
gl to all of you that are on a team​
1688277017525.png

1688277325708.png

last minute addition

Last edited:

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
very real team rankings

imagine if you were in heatrans, they would be out of rank, so much they are good.

bern

no.1 cramorant fan ❤️
"Unfowtunate" doesn't begin to descwibe my sewies, this game wewawds bwind wuck and nothing ewse, I am beyond convinced at this point. Aftew getting compwetewy toowed by scheduwing with my opponent changing times on me wast minute and wefusing to pwovide confiwmation pwiow to the day of the match as to pway times, wosing this way somehow fewt even wowse than I had thought possibwe. My pwepawation was supewiow, my pway was supewiow, and I wost, so I don't see a weason to continue engaging in an activity whewe what is within my contwow is ovewwhewmingwy outweighed by what is not.

I am done with competitive Pokemon, and you won't get a fond faweweww. This community is infected to its woots with a degenewative disease that gwows stwongew ovew time but stops showt of kiwwing its host. Touwnaments used to have a competitive spiwit at theiw heawt, this has been twanspwanted and wepwaced with an awtificiaw owgan that feeds on vitwiow and mockewy fwom insecuwe wittwe boys that heckwe by the sidewines and teaw each othew to shweds ovew scwaps of attention. The enviwonment we fostewed has twapped us aww wike this in a vicious cycwe, and escaping it wequiwes acceptance of the hawshest weawity we aww scwambwe to expwain away, that none of the countwess stwaining effowts we put ouwsewves thwough hewe wiww evew amount to one singwe shining gwimmew of significance. I wouwd make this the end, but Wowwd Cup is stiww ongoing, and I wouwd nevew weave so many gweat fwiends out to dwy, so I'ww suffew thwough a few mowe games fow them.

One wast thing befowe I weave you aww to weact with disdain, widicuwe, and sewf-wighteous fewvow, befowe you do evewything in youw powew to minimize my wowds and thoughts, box them up and shove them to some cobwebbed cownew of youw memowy, and hope they disappeaw fowevew as a stain on youw finite time gwound to dust. Fwom this moment on, nothing you say mattews to me. The fouwest insuwts you huww with intent to wound wiww cawmwy settwe at the eawth befowe my feet, and the venom you spit wiww bwing aww the pain of a wawm summew bweeze. You awe wess than anything you can conceive, whiwe I cawwy on, bwimming with joy distiwwed fwom detachment.

"Unfowtunate" doesn't begin to descwibe my sewies, this game wewawds bwind wuck and nothing ewse, I am beyond convinced at this point. Aftew getting compwetewy toowed by scheduwing with my opponent changing times on me wast minute and wefusing to pwovide confiwmation pwiow to the day of the match as to pway times, wosing this way somehow fewt even wowse than I had thought possibwe. My pwepawation was supewiow, my pway was supewiow, and I wost, so I don't see a weason to continue engaging in an activity whewe what is within my contwow is ovewwhewmingwy outweighed by what is not.

I am done with competitive Pokemon, and you won't get a fond faweweww. This community is infected to its woots with a degenewative disease that gwows stwongew ovew time but stops showt of kiwwing its host. Touwnaments used to have a competitive spiwit at theiw heawt, this has been twanspwanted and wepwaced with an awtificiaw owgan that feeds on vitwiow and mockewy fwom insecuwe wittwe boys that heckwe by the sidewines and teaw each othew to shweds ovew scwaps of attention. The enviwonment we fostewed has twapped us aww wike this in a vicious cycwe, and escaping it wequiwes acceptance of the hawshest weawity we aww scwambwe to expwain away, that none of the countwess stwaining effowts we put ouwsewves thwough hewe wiww evew amount to one singwe shining gwimmew of significance. I wouwd make this the end, but Wowwd Cup is stiww ongoing, and I wouwd nevew weave so many gweat fwiends out to dwy, so I'ww suffew thwough a few mowe games fow them.

One wast thing befowe I weave you aww to weact with disdain, widicuwe, and sewf-wighteous fewvow, befowe you do evewything in youw powew to minimize my wowds and thoughts, box them up and shove them to some cobwebbed cownew of youw memowy, and hope they disappeaw fowevew as a stain on youw finite time gwound to dust. Fwom this moment on, nothing you say mattews to me. The fouwest insuwts you huww with intent to wound wiww cawmwy settwe at the eawth befowe my feet, and the venom you spit wiww bwing aww the pain of a wawm summew bweeze. You awe wess than anything you can conceive, whiwe I cawwy on, bwimming with joy distiwwed fwom detachment.
not funny didn’t laugh

Predicting end of season awards w1. This is going off what was included last year. Won't be including biggest overpay because i'm not tryna pray on people's downfall. I'm sort of factoring in games that have already happened, cope.

Manager of the year: DEG

I'm trying to avoid just giving this award to the manager with the highest chance to win pl (it would be fairly hard to anyway considering how evenly matched teams are). Overall I believe deg has the highest chance at this. I really don't know if deg can miss playoffs. While the teams atmosphere is definitely different to last pl, I feel they would still have a positive environment and be fairly active, bar a few of their quieter players. His drafting was solid but some people do have to prove themselves in terms of living up to their price. I feel like as long as these players pan out, the rays should be fairly successful and DEG would be at the heart of all this.

Rookie of the year: Driplegend

I wasn't really here for his come-up, but I know he is very good atm. If it stays this way, drip should be able to earn roty.

Another person who could get this is Litteleven, but they are off to a bit of a slower start.

A dark horse in this conversation is PG is PG, I feel like they are very unpredictable, build solidly however their performance in tt is yet to be seen.

Builder of the year: bo_bobson

Bo is kinda just ahead of the curve, is a good setbuilder and generally has pretty smart ideas in terms of what to build. If his techs hit and he picks teams into mu's well, he should be able to pull this off. Also owns the setcomp so probably is a lot more efficient in teambuilding.

Delemon builds pretty cool squads too. PA as well but they won't get any recognition for it fsr.

Teammate of the year: Murman

I don't really know what he's like as a teammate, but he always places highly in this. The rhyps hivemind will probs get him first place, as long as he keeps doing what he has been doing.

Most Improved Player: frostyicelad
There's only one way for frosty to go and that's up. He's been playing pretty well lately so if he goes well I think he deserves this. (Unless someone else randomly ascends ofc).

Biggest Underpay: Close
While Close certainly wasn't cheap, he was really cheap considering it's close you're getting. Most people were expecting upwards of 20k for him. In proportion to other players higher and lower than him he is for sure the biggest underpay, as long as he performs to his standards, this award should be all his.

Euph is a dark horse here because he was really cheap and people seem to forget he can play more than just dpp.

Wait2Seconds is also a good contender because they are a new bw player who not many people knew about (AOPS 2?!?!?)

MVP: Who even knows

MVP is pretty subjective and comes down to individual performance which can be hard to predict as well as team support which I have no idea about in terms of other teams. Your team also needs to be successful or you'll get overlooked and you obviously can't predict team success that accurately.

I will say the most likely from each team in my personal opinion (don't get cut if I didn't choose you)

Rays: Ncal - lots of potential here and he could very well live up to it this tour.

Pults: XSC - probably wins a lot of games, probably helps a few slots.

Skewdas: Squirtell - has been dominant lately, very good all time but will have to overcome some pl struggles.

Horrors: bo_bobson - I assume they're very helpful between sv and ss and they're a pretty solid player.

Rhyps: Close - already talked about close don't need to say much more. (Don't count lumii out btw).

Thwackeys: Tsc - consistently great at winning Pokemon games in pl, don't know what to say.

Panchams: Kaif - there's like 4 guys on here that could but I'm giving the edge to Kaif here. Great player and likely good support.

bern

no.1 cramorant fan ❤️

sorry for saying this i was coping super hard and i hope everyone can forgive me

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)